1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Someone posted a spreadsheet recently .... it's 40 a-sides ... 40

And I also said before ... Miichan has imho not been mistreated by management, not even with her scandal, those 40 singles are proof of that.
    Miichan was also a solid second tier member who also got more screen time than most of the girls that ranked above her in the SSK (apart from the Kami-7 of course) were getting
    To be honest, I tend to focus on Miichan, and I tend to notice that certain members like Tomochin or Yukirin always got (a somewhat disproportionate amount of) screen time, but I tend to ignore that other member like Mariko and even Sasshii tend to get less screen time and even Takamina sometimes ended up in the second row.
    But Miichan is featured in almost every documentary and always was prominent in AKBingo

Anyway I'm kinda sure management intends/intended her to have a good graduation concert, it's just that the pandemic changed everything

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  2. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    I don't really think she was mistreated by management, it's just always really hard to see her on performances, so I hope that doesn't happen during her graduation. I agree, I'm pretty sure her graduation concert was gonna be a good one

3. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan starts to sound more and more like a mother, and maybe it's true she picked up a bit of that 6th sense about the well being of other members from Takamina :)

btw, Miichan mentioned on twitter she had a 3 hour teleconference ... so of course people are speculating about her graduation concert .... maybe the preparations have resumed
    I'm still hoping for a large venue with a reasonable (and loud) crowd .... but I also think it's still too early for that, but we only can wait

5. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Another sunday .... another YT video

if the video does not show watch the video here

initially you might think she's going for a Donald Trump impression .... :) ..... but I guess she going for that ギャル look that went so horrible wrong together with Miki-chan (well, I thought it went wrong :) )

I just now looked at the thumbnail .... and ... well, I had to look for Miichan :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    I find those Tokyo girls who do their make-up like that genuinely terrifying.

7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    it's, as is more often the case in fashion, an exaggeration of a certain image

it just read up on gyaru, kogal and enjo-kōsai on wikipedia (which is as usual full of preconceived notions about Japan)
    As is almost to be expected AKB pops up with seifuku ga jama wo suru

to be honest ... that MV can hardly be seen as an endorsement of enjo-kōsai, they all look miserable :(
    (and of course the other wiki fails to mention that, it just said it was controversial .... :/ )
    it does feature Miichan quite prominently though

I just stumbled upon a compilation of all the solos No3b did in Snack kissa eden
    I had seen Miichan's, but I never saw Nyan-Nyan's and Takamina's

edit: as usual I messed up how you do the plural of words like solo ...
    I once read a remark on YouTube saying that writing "video's" or "solo's" was just extremely stupid and nobody in the whole wide world did it like that.
    Dutch people: hold my beer
    plurals of loanwords ... we do with apostrophe s .... possessives however ... we don't :D
    so "John's bicycle" = "Jans fiets" = "ジャン の自転車"

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 1
  9. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Somehow ... I think the number of members who would have become a gyaru seems rather limited to me ... although I can think of a few
    (not going to name names as people might take offence for sure :D )
    But I don't expect Miichan to haven become one or a kogal for what it's worth

I do see how it can change your behaviour though ... in case of Miichan it probably brings out the old pre 2013 very loud and present Miichan :D

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Dwango News has published an article about Miichan appearing on a recent Abema TV show with Paruru, the title of which seems to translate as 'Celebrity Superman No.1 Final Battle':
    https://news.dwango.jp/tv/55067-2010

Miichan was involved in an eating game of spicy food and according to the article there was some senpai-kouhai banter between her and Paruru but I'm getting garbage from Google Translate. Anyhow I've found a video of the show here (credit to uploader):
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Dk4y1C7BT

I've only skipped through it quickly but it looks like the section of the show with Miichan starts at just after 62 minutes. (Much of the show seems to revolve around some men playing Jeux Sans Frontieres-type games in a swimming pool!)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    DeepL gives me this about the exchange
    Minegishi started off by saying "There's something that's been bothering me... I'm the last one term student of AKB48 and the 9th term student is sitting over there", she said, pointing to the seat for the respondents where Shimazaki, her junior, was sitting. Minegishi, his junior, said "Go for it, Minegishi! She smiled and gave a shout-out to the audience, but she revealed her frustration by saying, "Why are you calling me out?" which drew laughter from the studio. When the showdown started, Minegishi was in so much pain that she couldn't stop running nose and crying. Shimazaki gave a round of applause to Minegishi who lost despite her efforts.

From what I get from this is that Miichan complained why she should be eating spicy food in stead of Paruru
    and when Paruru responded with "Go Minegishi" .... I guess Miichan got 'irate' because she failed to use the correct honorific :)
    「頑張れ峯岸!」Ganbare Minegishi
    But it might also because Paruru didn't just use Miichan (which of course also has a sort of honorific)

I remember Sata doing the same when being addressed as just Sata on AKBingo as well :)

btw on the card Paruru wrote Minegshi-san ... while the other female panel member wrote 'minami-chan'

and Paruru and Miichan both looked cute

ow, btw the man on the right also choose Miichan (but I think he had trouble with the first kanji ;) )

and from what I understand they choose her because she doesn't want to loose :D

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Being sick Miki-chan, I wonder if Miichan is well. :cute:

13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    nobody except for them knows if they met up recently
    so far the number of contaminations in the AKB group is luckily still rather limited Shiichan, Murashige, Miki (although not strictly AKB) and one or two more but my memory fails me

btw ... Miichan had her radio show recording today with someone she claims she always 'unilaterally' liked ...
    and now people are of course wondering who that is ...

14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    https://mirror.asahi.com/article/13817802
    article by Miichan, 7 things she's happy with since she stopped drinking alcohol
    峯岸みなみ「禁酒300日を超えた私が思う、禁酒を始めて良かった7のこと」
    Minegishi Minami: "I've been sober for more than 300 days, and I'm glad I started drinking - 7 things I'm glad I did

Minegishi Minami
    2020/10/15
    alcohol

Minegishi Minami, the last member of AKB48, has been an idol for 14 years. Her graduation has been postponed due to the effects of the new model of corona, and she has debuted as a columnist in Kagayo Kagami! Looking back on her days as an idol, she says, "I've lived my life by being praised by others as my motivation," and faces her "homework.
    Minegishi Minami's "If possible, I want to be praised again tomorrow.
    Minegishi Minami's 'I'd like to be praised again tomorrow if I could'
    Go to the list of articles in this series
    Last December, after my graduation announcement, I decided to quit drinking and not to regret a single thing until the day of my graduation concert.
    Lately, I've been asked in replies to my friends and on Twitter, "How can I stop drinking? But honestly, there's no easy way to quit, it just depends on your own will.

Click here for Minegishi's previous article: "Is it acceptable to have brown hair and love? The difference between Korean and Japanese idols in my opinion
    Instead of being able to tell you how to get sober, I decided to write about it because I thought that if I tell you what I'm glad I've done to get sober, maybe it will lead to a stronger will in someone else's life. I'm not a drinker per se, I'm someone who drank to fill my loneliness, so there's a chance that this won't be helpful at all to those who love to drink: ...... 7 things I'm glad I did to stop drinking. Please stay with me until the end.

1) I lost weight.

This was the first happy change that happened when I started sobriety. When I was drinking, I would not eat breakfast or lunch, eat dinner, pick something up while drinking, stop at a convenience store on the way home and buy hot snacks, sweets, carbs, etc., and then fall asleep while eating because the previous day's alcohol and late night food was often still in my stomach. Then I regret it. I spent my days in an endless loop of this, so it was only natural. When I couldn't stand the food I bought at the convenience store near my house and ate it as I walked away, I blamed myself for being finished as an idol and as a person.

The black hole in my stomach when I'm drunk is a really scary thing. Even now, there are times when I eat too much, but it's much better and kinder mentally to have fun with friends and eat too much of the food you like than to get drunk and eat with a hazy memory. If you are going to eat, eat what you like and with whom you like.

(2) You can live a healthy life every day.

Do you all have one? I said something I didn't have to say in a drunken stupor. I acted in a way that I normally wouldn't: ...... What a thing to do. I have. By the way, I tend not to get to know people that deeply who answer no to this question. I feel that people who have a drinking mistake or two in their lives are somehow more trustworthy, but it's a different story if they repeat it over and over again. And there's nothing worse than "not remembering" when you've made someone feel uncomfortable. I can't stand the fear of what I've done when I don't remember and the guilt I feel when I've done it. I'm no longer the person I used to be when I would occasionally go home to my parents' house to cleanse my mind; I can't just say "I don't remember" when I'm over 25. I will protect my own mental stability.

(3) Relationships have been sorted out.

Since I started sobriety, my phone has definitely decreased in the number of times I've shaken my phone and, come to think of it, I've seen more than a few people I haven't seen lately. I felt a little lonely at first, but that's okay. As long as I had friends who would come over to my house with textured sweets and juice, that was all I needed. In my early twenties, I was happy to be invited to a drinking party. I feel sorry for myself because I was immature and didn't realize that I wasn't wanted and could easily be invited to join them. Now I know that being able to meet people without alcohol is many times more precious than that. I don't want any more friends I won't see at lunch...fall of 27.

(4) I get compliments from people.

It was my own fault for drinking so much to begin with, and of course people who have a clean palate are the greatest, but after 300 days of abstinence, people praise me for it. I've also been recognized as a stoic and a spirited person. I recommend it to people who want to gain the trust of others because they can wear an air of "someone who keeps to their decisions". (4) Through this, I became a good friend of my manager.

(5) I gained the ability to face myself.

Doesn't drinking sometimes go further when you're having a bad day, when you're worried, or when you're crumpled up than when you're having fun? I can temporarily forget the negative emotions, but I realize in the morning that I'm not doing anything about it. That you haven't done anything to resolve the root cause of the problem. I drink to counteract that despair again. Time has moved on, the seasons have changed, but I've been there, not growing in any way. I have long nights when I don't drink, but I use that time to watch some work and give input, prepare for work, and face myself as much as I hate it, and finally I feel like I'm finally catching up to where I am now, in 2020.

Alcohol doesn't pretend that my problems didn't exist, and my drinking buddies don't take responsibility for my life.

But I've had a lot of fun memories, too. I'm sure all the people I was drinking with at the time have settled in. Every day the summer didn't end as time and space were twisted. I have some reflections, but I don't think I needed them in my life. Thank you for making me the person I am today. Goodbye.

(6) I've learned to make the most of my day.

I am the type of person who usually falls asleep without removing my make-up, but when I drink too much, I fall asleep without removing my make-up more often. The day after such a day, I couldn't wake up in a flash from the indescribable discomfort of waking up, and I would repeatedly fall asleep twice and finally get out of bed in the evening. My own born discomfort would make me uncomfortable again. Maybe I'm a dominant .......

Once I got home, took a bath, and started to fall asleep with a refreshed face and body, I enjoyed the day that came my way. I don't wake up at the last minute so I don't have to rush to put on the clothes that have fallen around. I don't have to whip my heavy body to work. I don't have to wear makeup on my shiny skin and worry about edema. On your day off, you can pack your schedule in the morning and it's very fulfilling. A meaningful day is created from the night before.

most imortant bit IMHO
    For me it's always hard to see why Miichan who seems to be so much fun and is so talented is so overly critical of herself

my apologies ... there was a second article which I have missed, gome nasai:
    https://mirror.asahi.com/article/13773524
    峯岸みなみ「茶髪も恋愛も許される?私が思う韓国と日本のアイドルの違い」
    Minegishi Minami: "Is it acceptable to have brown hair and love? The difference between Korean and Japanese idols in my opinion
    Last time I wrote about NiziU, there was a part of the story that I cut because I felt like it was going to be a bit of a blur.
    The story "I'm not jealous of BLACK PINK".

BLACK PINK's unbelievable style, overwhelming performance, beauty, and strength, combined with the strength of the strongest people in the world, and their music videos are always like a Hollywood movie. There is no room for jealousy by any stretch of the imagination.
    This makes me wonder if people are creatures who aren't jealous of objects they can reach out to die for but can't seem to reach. It's like when your boyfriend says he likes a cute celebrity, you get annoyed, but when he says he likes Ryoko Yonekura, you can't say anything else.
    But when someone says they like Ryoko Yonekura, they can't say anything else... I digress. Back to the topic at hand.

Korean idols wouldn't have the same reputation even if they didn't have a handshake, even if they were in love!

These idols are mainly active in Korea, including BLACK PINK, who are not even the target of that jealousy. To be honest, I'm not that familiar with the world of idols, so I'm just talking about their image, but even if they didn't hold handshake events, they have tons of fans all over the world, and I'm sure that their reputation would never be shaken, even if they were in love.

On the other hand, Japanese idols, or at least the groups I belong to, still have an image that they are not allowed to be scandalized, and it seems to me that their popularity is largely determined by how they behave at the handshake event. What is the difference between the two?

Do they disappoint their fans? 18 years old, lost in the deviation from black hair.

While Korean idols entertain their fans with new hair colors and hairstyles every time they release a new song, I was very cautious when I was 18 years old because I felt like even dying my hair a little brown was something that would disappoint my fans. In fact, I've come across many times in every era where juniors have been lost in deviating from black hair.

It's the same with fashion. I had been going to a dance school in Ikebukuro since elementary school, and when I debuted, I was the kind of girl who liked to wear black PLAYBOYs with a bandana on top and a hat. When I walked into the theater in Akihabara, where it was still OK to come in and out of the theater, a fan saw me and wrote on my blog that "Minegishi's personal clothes are not like an idol," so I immediately bought a pink, flowery dress from Rizurisa. On the day I wore it, the blog said that it was "very good because it looked like an idol" and I still remember vividly how relieved I was to see it.

Do Japanese men like young girls? But I'm sure not all of them are.

Why do I have to have black hair, why can't I wear whatever I want...
    I've heard it said that "Japanese men like young girls" and "idol fans are always looking for virginity in their idols," but I'm sure that's not the case for everyone.

It's something I've noticed recently, but perhaps it's because we as idols have a surprisingly ingrained notion of what it means to be an idol in our own minds.
    Those of us who become idols at a young age are exposed to the eyes of others, hear all kinds of opinions, and have a vague image of what it means to be an idol before we become an individual.
    Then, when they become a little more mature, they develop a belated ego.

It doesn't matter what country you're from. If there's an attraction that makes up for it.

There are AKB48 members like Tomochin Itano, who dyed her hair early on in her career and won a lot of support for her by establishing her own character, and nowadays, there are idols in Japan who wear their hair freely, have open relationships, and smoke publicly. There are no rules that say this is not allowed.

In this day and age, the country is no longer relevant. It's not the fault of Japanese men or idol otaku that idols are supposed to be able to be idols. I think it was an excuse for my lack of confidence in my ability to fight for my identity and my weakness in not knowing who I am in the first place.

I don't know if I have the charm to support her no matter what she's doing, as long as she has something to attract people to support her as an idol while acting freely, with her favorite haircut and fashion, that's all that matters.

I like her face.
    I love her performance.
    I like her fashion.
    I like the way he thinks.
    I love it, and I love the way you live.

If only I had the potential to feel that way, and if I had the confidence to do so, I might not have been swallowed up by the idol image that was created out of nowhere. Maybe I wouldn't have chosen to be a monk.
    I feel that way now, at 27 years old, when I've come to accept myself a little better.
    To all the idol fans who accused me of being crazy all over the world because of me, I'm so sorry for that time.
    To the fans who still support me today, I am so grateful for your support.

You can always be someone's idol if you can establish the person you want to attract.

At the time of my debut, I should have had brown hair if I wanted to, and I should have worn PLAYBOY, even the top and bottom black ones, with impunity.
    I didn't think so at the time. But it's not too late.

If you can establish the kind of person you want to be and not make becoming an idol your goal, then you can be an idol for someone else, both while you're still an idol and in your life after you graduate.

With all due respect to the girls who are willing to follow the aesthetics of their idols, I hope this is a hint to those idols who have lost sight of who they are.
    I'm not trying to affirm anything or deny any of them, the morning of the idol who stayed is about to dawn.

"To be honest, I'm not that familiar with the world of idols" :D

I do think Miichan makes some good points here about idols not developing their own personality because they are always trying to be the idol they think other people want them to be.

but ... otoh, Miichan did develop her own personality ... maybe not in her looks, but in her actions
    She became a variety idol, not because that was expected of her, but because of her quick wit and talent for talking freely, even though she obviously tried to comply with the traditional image.

to be honest .. one of the few idols that really decided to just go with her own style and character is Naachan

ow ... btw, I think Miichan is mistaken if she assumes that Korean idols have more freedom.
    yeah ... dying your hair ... dating after a certain age ...

but remember Goo Hara, Sulli and Jonghyun who all took their own lives for various reasons, but online abuse was a factor in most of them.
    to me, as a half informed westerner, the Korean idol scene with their agencies seems to be harder and more unforgiving than the Japanese scene.

since I brought up the subject:
    if anyone is having suicidal thoughts ... please get help!
    most countries have a helplines and you should know you are not alone

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    new YouTube video

We get to see Miichan while she's writing her column about the 7 things she's happy with about stopping drinking.
    You can see the effort she's putting into this ... (and still she claims she's an 'annoyed and useless person' .... :/ )

My response to that ... no, you are not, stop beating yourself up about that ... and お疲れ様でした 'otsukaresama deshita!"

I can't afford to do what I need to do.

You can't do it unless someone hits your ass, and if you can do it, I'd like you to praise it.
    There are people in the world who do what they need to do in a planned manner without asking for anything, so I am surprised and respected.
    I used to hate myself, and I used to draw myself.
    However, recently, through YouTube and columns, I've been able to expose myself as an annoyed and useless person, and I've been saved by the fact that there are people who sympathize with it.
    By the way, I would be very happy if I could save someone who thinks I'm not good with something I send out.

You should do your best from time to time.
    Yeah, if you're going to be chased by something every day, you should live happily while being spoiled, rather than being too strict and despairing.
    What Japanese people need now is to relax their shoulders, I'm sure. With that said, I'm sure I'll fall asleep today as well.

I wrote this time, "7 things I'm glad I stopped drinking"
    Please read it.

btw, looks like she went to work writing the column straight from having a shower ... natural Miichan, no makeup

but she did wear a =LOVE T-Shirt, because you have to support your friends ;)

btw Miichan and Yuunamogion performed Mata Aeru Hi Made at the online handshake live.
    Miichan had the most pretty smile ever in the intermezzo where she hugged the others ... :inlove:
    (and yeah ... the song still makes me sad as well ... )

[​IMG]

it's a pity they didn't include Ayanan, Komiharu, Sahhoo and Sakkii as well though

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Miichan posted some pics taken by her juniors

[​IMG]
    so far .... a standard senpai-kouhai two shot :)
    [​IMG]
    still.... fairly normal, but then it get's weird :)
    [​IMG]
    and weirder :D
    [​IMG]

I might be wrong ... but Miichan seems to be really enjoying every last performance
    anyway, these last two made my day :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 4
  18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    @sscrla I didn't as much miss it, as that I didn't want to deal with the whole online handshake thing after not being able to get into the room and thereby loosing my opportunity to probably ever have a handshake with Miichan (in real life or virtual)

I was really disappointed the rest of the Sunday and part of Monday ... even though it's just a tiny thing, irrational, but still .. :/

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Asahi published a summary of Miichan's radio show

Minegishi Minami: "The self-esteem that fell to the ground in AKB48. What I did to get back on track

Minami Minegishi: I actually heard about the show about five days ago. Lately, I've been getting more and more surprises on various TV shows, so I wonder if it's the same for me. I was skeptical (laughs). It's my first eponymous show, so please be gentle with me! I'm hoping that people will get to know me here, not as an idol, but as a woman, I've been an idol since I was 13 and I'm almost 28. ......! I wish I could update myself with advice from people my age and older.

For this interview, I have invited Editor-in-Chief Ito of the website "Kagayokagami", where I write a column.

Akari Ito (Ito): Thank you for your time. There's something I really want to say to you. Your column is so good that people often ask me if you changed anything in it, but I haven't changed anything at all.

Here's Minegishi's latest column: "After 300 days of sobriety, I think it's the seven best things I've done since I started drinking.
    What did you think of Minegishi's column, Akimoto-san?

Minegishi: I sent this column to Akimoto-sensei as well, and I was like, "Is this being interviewed and is anyone writing this? I was asked. I was more than happy to receive a compliment.

In the article, I wrote quite frankly about things I've never said in front of my fans and the media. For example, that I've been asking for a housekeeper since I was 20 years old and I've never really done any housework. I finally turned the washing machine around for about the third time recently. That's pretty bad, isn't it? But I didn't get any negative feedback about this column at all. If you cut out a part of it, you might be criticized, but I thought it would be nice to be able to deliver my own feelings about it.

Ito: If it was an interview, it would have been harder to hear. Like, "I heard you haven't been doing much housework at all, how is that? (laughs).

Minegishi: If someone asked me that, I'd probably get annoyed and be reluctant to reveal it (laughs). (laughs) I'm writing my own work, so I think I'm able to show the line between what's inside and what's outside.

I wonder what's more important, what's inside or what's in the box?

Minegishi: There was an incident that struck me when I was talking with Mr. Ito at a meeting for my column. I wanted to be called cute, but when I heard you say that you couldn't appreciate being called cute because you felt like you were being licked. ...... I was surprised to hear you say that. Maybe it's a difference in the industry, but in the world of idols it's great to be told that you're cute, but when you're a journalist it's the opposite, it's a hindrance.

Ito: That's true. Of course there are cute women journalists, but they hate being called "beautiful journalists". They don't like to be called "beautiful" because it's not their faces that I want to promote the most. Maybe they're saying, "The thing I'm trying to promote most is not the face, so please don't judge me on that alone. I don't want people to judge me on what I look like, but on what I've written. I think a lot of kids don't want to be evaluated based on their appearance alone.

Minegan: Awesome ....... I think I've been obsessed with appearances for my entire life, but I also think that if the appearances aren't beautiful, people won't pick them up. It's what's inside, and I don't want people to judge me by my appearance. ...... I'm not a very good looking person either, but when I open it up, it's even emptier.

Ito: That's definitely not true! I think you underestimate it too much. If you look at what you've written, you can tell that you're a very introspective, deep thinker. And yet, you're able to articulate that in words. I look forward to reading your columns because I think that's what sets you apart from other idols.

What is the moment when your self-esteem blows up: ......?

Minegishi: The concept of this media outlet, Kagayo Kagami, is to "turn my complex into my advantage," and it aims to make women's sense of self-affirmation explode, doesn't it? I think that before the bombing, there is also the collapse of the bomb, but what do you have in mind?

Ito: No! I was recently heartbroken. Recently, I mean 3 days ago. It's tough to admit that even if you like someone, they don't like you. The harsh things he said to me might have hurt me a little bit. But I pretended not to notice and went to bed, and when I woke up in the morning, I was so messed up. But we've already broken up badly, so I can't get in touch with him like .......

Minegishi: It's like a drama starring Shinohara Ryoko by herself. It's kind of mature. Does your sense of self-esteem tend to rise and fall with love?

Ito: Hmmm, my sense of self-esteem has decreased less often due to work. I know that the company's standards are just the standards that my uncle made up. There were many times when I was told "You're not good enough," but I was told "Maybe you're wrong. That was very much the case, wasn't it?

Minegishi: Maybe it's because I'm an idol, which is a special kind of work, but I'm the least likely to get the job done.

I would appear on a show with a new talent who came after me, and afterwards that girl would be called up even though she wasn't called up. The general election might be different, but at a concert I look at the number of fans and think, "I can't compete with them. My sense of self-esteem has fallen to the ground in this organization called AKB.

Ito: It seems like it's really tough to be forced to compete with someone who's been young.

Minegishi: I was born on the edge of Tokyo, and I wasn't the kind of girl who people would call "cute" for a long time. But I had confidence in myself. But I went to an audition when I was in elementary school, and after I made my debut, my self-esteem went downhill and downhill. I didn't realize there were so many cute girls out there, but little by little I realized that I was the only one who could do it.

But little by little I realized that there were things that only I could do. For example, it's not as if everyone can write, and it's not as if I'm a character you can relate to ....... Lately, I've been able to find that part of myself, and I've been able to get radio work like this. Little by little, I've been able to increase my self-esteem, and I think that's how I got to where I am today.

Compliments to each other!

Minegishi Minami:
    She just got his heart broken three days ago, and yet she wakes up in the morning calmly and goes to work.
    It's really amazing how, at a young age, when you're not sure of your values, you've been able to face and digest and overcome the standards that were set for you, and that's really amazing!

I want to secretly praise Minegishi Minami later (By Akari Ito):
    When I first read Minegishi's column, I thought, "Wow, isn't he too good...! I remember shouting out, "I don't know if it was you," and I remember wondering if it was really you. I wondered if he really wrote this column, and I also wondered if he couldn't have written it himself. I've had four columns so far, and they have all been of consistent quality. If your idol can write this well, we, as your main business, are in a quandary (laughs). We're looking forward to seeing what he's going to write next.
    Tokyofm "Minami Minegishi Minami's I want to be praised again today after all".
    Minegishi Minami
    Broadcast time: Thursday 21:00-21:30

Performer: Minami Minegishi (AKB48)

A new program by AKB48 1st term student Minegishi Minami, who has been writing a series of columns on the Asahi Shimbun's women's web column site "Kagami Yo Kagami", has started! After 15 years as an idol, this is a 30-minute program in which she addresses the listeners honestly as a woman who has reached the age of 30. At least at the end of the day, I want to be praised a little. Why don't you share that thought with us?
    Share this article

Why don't you submit your own essay?

Love, job hunting, looks, communication, and family. ......
    Feel free to write an essay on the subject of complexes.

The thing that I noticed at once is that Miichan sent her article to Akimoto Yashushi-san .... and that he took the time to read it and respond, even though I doubt he's much involved in the running of AKB anymore, he still is a mentor to the orginal gens.
    The other thing of course is everybody, including Aki-P, being surprised that Miichan wrote these articles herself

if you look back at it ... being a first gen, apart from being a plus for being a senpai, was a minus as well of course for her, Miichan never had the 'fresh girl advantage', from the moment the second generation auditioned she only saw the competition increase ....
    And we all have heard her say that she was a bit annoyed why Acchan was chosen as center, not because she disliked Acchan, but because Acchan never really wanted to be center ... and Miichan did.
    So, seeing a stream of new fresh faces coming along ... getting centers, being pushed ... yeah, that must have been frustrating.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    The story of the most tense night in recent years [Women's mentality]

I participated in the female talent version of "Documental", "Women's Mental".

[* Including spoiler elements]

From the time I decided to participate until the day of the event, I didn't feel comfortable living, and when I saw the original "Documental", I was more nervous and repeated, and I wished that this day wouldn't come.

The co-stars who met on the day were so elite that they couldn't make a voice at first, they couldn't move their bodies, and they might end up doing nothing as they were. With fear and tension that shouldn't be laughed. Weird sweat was coming out.
    In the moment-to-moment time, I feel the struggle of seniors in the entertainment world, and if I can't keep up, I can't forget the pleasant feeling of discoloration when I broke my shell.
    I had a valuable experience that strengthened my mental health.

... Actually, I wrote this summary column before the program broadcast, so I'm pretty scared about what the on-air will be like at this stage (laugh)

As an idol, there may have been occasions when the fans would want to look away, and there may have been some discomfort, but I hope someone is laughing at the struggle literally. !! !! !! !! !!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1