1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage STU48 1st stage [GO!GO! little SEABIRDS] (2019/04/16 - 2019/12/20)

Discussion in 'STU48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Naaruru

Naaruru Upcoming Girls

heisei idolgroup, covering showa song, in the new reiwa era
    love how they pushed the younger member to the front like kokoa, miyuna, maiha & marina

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No announcement of any sort tho?
    Are they really leaving the group teamless?

3. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Setlist based on Oricon -> https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2133742/full/

STU48 "GO!GO! little SEABIRDS!!"
    [ACT 1 ~AKB48 Song~]

01. Umi no Oto
    02. Setouchi no Koe
    03. GO!GO! little SEABIRDS!!
    04. Flying Get
    05. Heavy Rotation
    06. Kaze wa Fuiteiru
    07. 365nichi no Kamihikouki
    08. Koisuru Fortune Cookie (instrumental ver.)
    09. Setouchi Blue
    [ACT 2 ~Sea Song~]
    10. Shima Uta (Isogai Kanon, Imamura Mitsuki, Okada Nana, Kadowaki Miyuna, Fujiwara Azusa, Yura Akari) / THE BOOM
    11. Amairo no Kami no Otome (Ishida Chiho, Kai Kokoa, Takino Yumiko, Hyodo Aoi, Fukuda Akari, Shinano Soraha) / Shimatani Hitomi
    12. Megumi no Hito (all minus Takino Yumiko) / RATS&STAR
    13. Hitomi wo Tojite (Ishida Chiho, Kadowaki Miyuna, Takino Yumiko, Hyodo Aoi) / Arai Yumi
    14. Machi no Akari (Imamura Mitsuki, Okada Nana, Nakamura Mai, Yura Akari) / Sakai Masaaki
    15. Umi e Kinasai / Inoue Yosui
    16. Kaze wo Matsu
    MC
    [ACT 3 ~STU48 Song~]
    17. Shukko
    18. STU48 (Setouchi ver.)
    19. Pedal to Sahrin to Kita Michi to
    20. Seifuku no Omosa
    21. KO・BU・SHI Spirit!
    22. Setouchi no Koe (instrumental ver.)
    23. Yume Chikara
    24. Setouchi no Koe (instrumental ver.)
    [Encore]
    25. Kurayami
    26. Genten
    27. Setouchi no Koe (instrumental ver.)

Don't read the setlist as is since there are some details that you should know.
    -During Umi no Oto, members are saying "Toberu ka na?/Can I fly?" "Toberu yo!/I can fly!" and then continue to sing Setouchi no Koe.
    -After that, there played what would be an equivalent of Overture but not AKB overture (very different)
    -GO!GO! little SEABIRDS!!, Setouchi Blue, and KO・BU・SHI Spirit! are dance performance (can't remember if there is more)
    -During the first Setouchi no Koe instrumental version, each member gave their comment/thought. 2nd and 3rd was just a bg song when them waving goodbye.
    -Member introduction happened during Koichun part.

Anyway, the stage is not your normal stage. Better to watch it to understand it, especially for the 2nd act.
    Or maybe read this -> https://news.dwango.jp/idol/36802-1904 since instead of giving the setlist, the article wrote is as a story thus convey this stage performance much better.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Vol

Vol Kenkyuusei

Thanks to bilibili watched the stage
    I have to say that after GO!GO! little SEABIRDS!! I was really looking forward to the stage
    GO!GO! STU Cabaret!!
    But my hopes were cruelly shattered www

GO!GO! little SEABIRDS!! is really off and misleading and I don't even say it doesn't fit the image of STU
    I think that if they start right from the Setouchi Blue it made stage only better www

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  5. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

I actually really like this stage. Act 2 is especially nice.

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    WWS coverage

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    I'm surprised by the amount of non-AKB songs this stage has, because (although I'm no expert in Japanese copyright laws) my impression is that to perform songs that are not your own is rather expensive in Japan due to copyright reasons:eek: Especially to include these songs in a regular stage setlist, assuming the stage will go on for a considerable period of time:eek: Unless these particular songs are somehow exceptions? To me, it looks like an intentional attempt to attract the general public to the ship and the stage... That would explain the use of AKB A-sides and hit songs as well as the unusual format of the stage too. In fact this stage, especially the drama elements and dance performances, rather fits my impression of what a 'stage performance' would be like before I learnt about AKB48 or any Japanese idols. lol

(Though is Kaze wa fuiteiru a hit song? lol I know it's the song they released for the 2011 earthquake and tsunami, but I don't know if it's that widely known to the general public... Not that I'm complaining as I <3 the song.)

Anyway, I enjoyed the stage. It looks and sounds like a difficult stage to perform but the girls did well <3

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    The 04/24 performance (Mishima Haruka's birthday) will be streamed live on Niconico
    http://www.stu48.com/news/detail/4111

Weird, nothing showing up on DMM for now.

EDIT: May performances, and 1st travels for the STU48 Go
    http://www.stu48.com/news/detail/4110
    05/11 and 05/12: Kagawa prefecture
    05/14 and 05/15: Hiroshima prefecture
    05/18 and 05/19: Okayama prefecture
    5/19: Hiroshima prefecture.

btw, was the Ehime harbor anounced ?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    jijipress version

10. Rem

Rem Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    • Like Like x 2
  11. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    The stage concept looks interesting, the first song kinda remind me of SDN48. Hopefully with this stage the other group could make a new setlist format rather than following the basic 4+5+3+1+3 encore format

12. Shiatama

Shiatama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Best stage in AKB group history!!! Love the introduction dance which is the sexiest dance ever of STU. The introduction of the members is so cool in this stage. Great costumes.great songs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. sillybob

sillybob Kenkyuusei

The members must be so happy they finally have a theatre to call their own.
    I'm curious how it works with the ship though.
    Is it like a day trip out on the sea with a stage show?

14. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Their current plan is probably the ship stays docked when performing. They will have a designated port on each Setouchi prefecture where STU will perform there while the boat is docked.

15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Done watching

Because it is in a boat and has limitations, the theater in itself isn't an impressive one like NGT48's, they made the stage very simple. No rotating backdoors but sliding ones instead, and no moving platforms.

Mr Imamura is a show producer and a show director right ? for sure he knows well how to wright and conduct a play.
    Then it explain why the show is so different than what 48groups fans are used to see. It is a nice change. and it looks like the production staff has some freedom in creating the show, and neither Aki-p nor AKS seem to be fully commanding.

The show in itself:
    The show looks like a story told to the audience, there's a great flow on how it is stagged. No time off between the songs which are well chained, so when the 1st MC comes (after 16 songs), I had the feeling that the show only shortly began.
    To sum up in very short, ACT1: dance focused ==> ACT2: singing focused ==> ACT3: classic 48 groups part.
    How the ACT1 is done shows that it is greatly prepared, the girls worked a lot to deliver it. The dancing is amazingly sharp (for a 48 group), I dare to say SKE / NMB should pay attention, a new challenger is rising fast.
    I loved the dance only numbers, something we rarely see in a 48 group, and here we had not 1 but 3. This change the dynamic of what we are used to see in the other theaters.
    The 2nd ACT was fully sung live right ? (even the full show ?) Well done then it can only go better. However this part feels a bit long after 3 songs, because of the lack of your usual upbeat songs. But there is a common theme and again, a story to tell to the audience.
    The final ACt, though being the most classic 48 part still is different on the staging.
    In the end, I won't say it is the best stage ever created, because there are some off parts, but it is definetly one of the best, and the most interesting to watch so far since a long time ago.
    It is not fuly original, but it introduced enough originalities which made a great new experience.
    Hoppefully for future "SoandSo produced stages", they would give the direction to someone who is used to musical play stagging and leave lot of freedom in the show composition.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  16. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    If you guys haven't watch the Shonichi yet, definitely try to catch Paruto Seitansai Stage tomorrow. It will be streamed on NicoNico, so we will be able to watch it

Participating members: Ishida Minami, Isogai Kanon, Imamura Mitsuki, Otani Marina, Kai Kokoa, Kadowaki Miyuna, Sakaki Miyu, Tanaka Kouko, Fukuda Akari, Fujiwara Azusa, Mishima Haruka, Morishita Maiha, Yano Honoka, Shinano Soraha, Nakamura Mai, Yura Akari

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. qpet

qpet Future Girls

I promised myself, that I wouldn't watch the stage until Saki's debut.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    05/13, the ship leaves Takamatsu and floats back to Hiroshima

05/16
    1st docking in Imabari (Okayama)

• Like Like x 1
  20. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Does anyone has an up-to-date list of the counts of each members stage performances?

As Kanon is not participating at two dates from the newly added ones (http://www.stu48.com/news/detail/4289), MiyuMiyu would actually be able to take the lead after months of a tie (if no changes are going to happen)!?