1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kakehashi Sayaka (Saachan) / 4th Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 1, 2018.

1. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Rather than being a "snob" I feel like she's just ambitious and driven. She seems like the type of person who pushes herself to be the best. She kinds of reminds me of Hori a little bit. I feel like she's frustrated that she's kind of in a "middle tier" position in 4th gen and isn't out in front like Sakura, Kakki, and Ayamen. And it seems to me she that she feels what she's been doing hasn't been working and so now she's trying to change her character to try a different approach. So she's trying to change the brash imouto image she had before into something else and be more adult-like and elegant (hence the new hairstyle). I don't think its a good idea though, I think she should just be herself.

• Like Like x 9
  2. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    To me she reminds of Kashiwa Yukina. She has that snob aura and concerned on herself more than on the group in general. And when you see her on variety shows... you can't really feel her, her personality, she doesn't seem connected on the general feel. Imagine inviting her on a tv show or a program having a natural conversation with different MCs and guests, I don't really see that. And honestly, as I said before, I feel other members of her same gen, get the same feeling of Sayaka and seems less integrated. I even have the feeling at first they didn't even like her, I remember for example that koujichuu episode where Tamura, Kakehashi and Hayakawa went to the monsters house, then at a certain point in the middle of the route, she remained alone scared, and the others two, didn't care about that and finished it by themselves.

minute 9:35
    https://nogiarea.weebly.com/video/ep-206-nogizaka-koujichuu-engsub

If you remember, at the very beginnings of 4th gen, she was an ace candidate, she was on the top 3 formation of the Yonbanme song, and got lot of screentime on koujichuu, but then they didn't choose her on the Yoakemade senbatsu, but they went to Kaki.
    She still doesn't seem ready to me, yeah she's cute, yeah, she has enough fans support to make senbatsu, but I don't really feel her, her personality, I don't know how to explain it.
    However, I can see her making it even if Kashiwa failed, cause this time competition in 4th gen is much weaker compared to 1st gen, so even if they're probably not enough satisfied by her and her personality, I would see her on senbatsu really soon, probably next one, she seems the strongest candidate with Mayu.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I'm going to disagree that she exhibited snobbish behavior, because I don't think she did anything arrogantly although I do think she's changed a bit from the start.

@TAMU in his question described her as a 'rash, gung ho.' She was a bit short fused and confrontational. I believe it was first described in the Doke e thread around the episode where she lost that game to the mascot and stepped to it in frustration. I believe people on this forum reacted negatively to her reaction. I know it certainly colored my perception of her from an imouto character to a somewhat problematic one, a perception I struggle to ignore.

I don't think she was ever that pushy to begin with. It just seemed that way. Her status seems to have fallen a rung or two since their debut. She was definitely considered a front line 4th Gen, but over the last year as other 4th Gens blossomed she seemed to have remained in place. I often wonder if feeling loss of momentum that she lashes out.

For me, she was an imouto character. A rather good one at that -- calling out her brother's oshiing at Nishino's graduation, that cute AF kojin PV from the 23rd single. But Nogi has too many imouto characters for her to stand out especially with well established ones like Hoshino or Renka. I'm hopeful that if she is changing that it would help change fan's perception of her if they thought she had a bad attitude.

• Like Like x 4
  4. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Am I the only one who thought it was obvious that she was just joking around during the mascot janken? Do people honestly think she actually wanted to fight the mascot?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    it's not about being Snob or having Snobby aura, her reaction was weaker compare to Kitagawa Yuri when she was called in the recent Nogichuu i hope she gets another chance to show her real expression because is normal to be embarrass in every variety show.

in what kind of competition are you talking here? 4th gen already shown their capability as a Gen, and yet its still weak for you.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    I like to think when NDE ended so did (much of) her trickster moments, which I'm used to seeing. There's just no way she can freely show it as much in Skits, let alone Koujichuu, compared to being on location. Maybe that's related to this 'change' I'm getting wind of. Or maybe it's just the hair after all?

But yes she also has the don't want to lose attitude. That's why the mascot bit was really no big deal and expected (the other members and Saraba didn't particularly express surprise over it). She must have wanted the name plates so bad, or she couldn't take it that more than half of the members beat Sorajiro and she wasn't one of them. People who want to win more will naturally not let things slide as easy when they lose. Yet in the rest of the activities during that day of shooting (ep13-16 I think) she was her usual cheeky self. In the Molkky game she was so engaged running her strategy with Morita so as far as telling him to 'Shush!' when he was making it audible to the other teams.

The good thing is that for the newest gen of a big group which is expected to be meek and modest we have three who won't take Ls easily - Rei, Seira and Sayaka - and for them individually that's just one of their facets.

7. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

It depends on your definition of competition , coz 4ki seems to have the smallest margin and gap in relative popularity with each other .

Mayu , Sayaka , Yanchan , Seira and Rei have minimal gap between them. That's 5 members competing for 4ki's No.4

• Like Like x 1
  8. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

While being competitive Rei always has this smile in her face and Seira can say it out loud 'I won't lose' and mean it but will also laugh about it. Sayaka has this 'I don't have time for this nonsense' look last Kojichu. Again, it's just a vibe I got from her from that segment.

I don't agree about the competition in 4th gen being weak. It's actually the opposite. Sure more graduation will come but it depends on who's graduating. Adding 5 more members made it tricky. Six 3rd gen are locked in and only 3 out of 16 among 4th have a spot at the moment. Imo, Tamura and Kanagawa could be next in line then maybe Sayaka but what if Rei and Seira managed to catch up by that time or they choose someone from the 5 new girls?

If she's trying to be this more mature adult figure it might not work when there are plenty of those among 4th gen. I mean the real imouto Ayame is more lady-like than her. I don't know what others prefer but I like the fun, carefree Sayaka better.

Taking this way too serious, eh? :lol:

Here's her latest SR. Looks fun playing the guitar again.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    When I talk about competition being weaker in 4th gen I talk about that the fact it's easier to stand out when the quality of the gen is kinda below average in beauty, talent, and defined and succesful personalities. So as long as her HS are doing great compared to others, it will be enough to be a senbatsu member even if they don't like her behaviour that much and think there are better girls to pick (the 3 they chose for yoakemade and route 246).

Kashiwa Yukina is a beauty and her HS weren't that bad, but since they didn't like her selfish and snob behavoiur and her flat chara and personality, and there were lot of 1st gen girls more popular and stronger than her, she never got her chance to stand-out.
    Saya is lucky cause 2020 group's quality is not the same as it was years ago, and since the top senpai are graduating one ofter one... yeah, she's fine.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    But that competition isn't actually weak. You don't think highly of the 4th gen, but your opinion isn't the standard. On the contrary.

• Agree Agree x 8
  11. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

“Below average in beauty..” okay.

• Like Like x 4
  12. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Guitar lesson by Sayaka!!! Now I know what "hammering" technique is. :D This is maybe the most enjoyable SR I've ever watched. She can really play guitar. I hope she has a chance to play Shibuya Blues at their concert.

And, Runa sent 143 screenshots of this SR to Sayaka was another interesting part of this SR. Runa is crazy.:D Loved Sayaka reaction as well. :1st:

13. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    Oh man, you spoiled that part for me! I just finished preparing drinks to begin watching this SR with lol :D
    But that's crazy. She's ready to join Nogidan!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. HXT100

HXT100 Kenkyuusei

Ah yes the generation lacking in defined personalities...because theyre the newest generation
    All the other shit about beauty is subjective.

Anyway i knew from previous streams that she was pretty good at guitar but I was impressed by this stream as well all the same. Her singing voice is nice too. Hope she does this more frequently in the future

15. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    not when 2nd gen keyaki girls, (which debuted the same time as nogi's 4th gen) personalities have already shown their potential, distinctive traits, how good they can be, and that's without having a show all around them but just on being on keyakitte. There's a huge gap if you compare both of them. Nogi's 4th gen looked so amateur compared to new keya's gen. That's why to me it has always been so blatant that this sakamichi audition had mostly the purpose to give most of the best girls to keya, cause they needed them more, while Nogi's 4ki was a huge step back compared to 3ki, and it's not just an opinion of mine, cause I remember lot of disappointed and perplexed comments about 4ki in general by many other users.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

But would you say Keyaki 2nd gen is a major stepback from a strong and cool-non-idolish-looks built by their 1st gen?

17. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    1st gen competition is for senbatsu, while 4th gen is for attention as you can see in their Nogiskits there members that often do Skits and played Major role than others. and the competition is still strong but in other way. and it's true that Kakehashi is lucky because she got chosen for CM and selected as Centered in Yoake Side B singles. not because their Senpai Graduated from the group that thing cannot be avoided.

18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Ah! I will use spoiler tag next time.:D

Yes, she is a perfect addition for Nogidan. Nogidan also need new bassist. I hope we can find it soon.
    One thing for sure, Sayaka is much much much better than 3rd gen...
    ...at playing guitar.:D

19. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Define "lots". Define "many". Those terms mean nothing if you can't provide actual numbers, or at least give some context.

20. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    No, just playing :D
    For the bass probably the others who could play could handle it? I think Ayane, Renka, Hazuki (? iirc) Only challenge is can they hold out carrying it for two or some songs straight though.