1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Rate the last film you watched

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jul 6, 2007.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Ready player one. Wow...I don't dare to rate this one because the discharge of pop cultural references from the eighties and the thrill were so intense that I'm still assimilating them. I'm afraid that people born after the eighties will miss dozens (perhaps hundreds) of references, but I believe they willl enjoy the film too. I should watch it again...perhaps in slow-motion..I missed so many things... :awesome:

2. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Pacific Rim: Uprising

3 of 5 stars.

Meh. At least the jaegers put up a fight.

3. philipho188

philipho188 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Ready Player 1, 10/10 would recommend!

4. BreinKendall

BreinKendall Kenkyuusei

Yup, the first one was much better. What the heck happened to the original casts?

5. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Pacific Rim: Uprising

This film pissed me off for so many reasons. Largely because the first film was incredible, stunning, and several other adjectives.
    This? This was a sham. It was 1 hour 50 minutes long, and I think we got about 25 minutes of kaiju. Character development - was there any? Plot was convenient and droll, and that ending? The decision made at the end? Stolen straight from the second Independence Day.

4/10 - which saddens me.

Highlander

My mother showed me this film. I can't say I'll be showing it to anyone else. I loved the Queen soundtrack, and Sean Connery, but nothing else really clicked for me.

5/10

6. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Isle of Dogs 3 of 5 stars.

7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Avengers: Infinity War

4.9/5

Go to theater ASAP!

8. karles48

I can't, it isn't released here yet!! :( This weekend, this weekend... :drool:

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Indonesia is among lucky countries that which MCU movies are released earlier, on the Wednesday. The rest are on Friday.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154756/releaseinfo

10. karles48

My expectations are so high that I'm afraid to get disappointed when I watch the film... :^^;:

11. karles48

Avengers: Infinity War. 10/10. It's one of the best films I've watched and it's got the best cliffhanger ever. It's true that there are some things that are hard to believe (for example, the gathering of power stones in Earth or the powers of Scarlet Witch) but they are inherent to the characters so it's ok for me.

12. karles48

I watched two comedies this week and now I'm quite sure the Americans have their own sense of humor... :^^;:
    The first film was 'Game night' and, despite some isolated gags, the film is utterly stupid, and not in a funny way. 2/10.
    The second film was 'Blockers'. I agree, it isn't the most original teenager film I've watched, but at least it's quite fresh, it's got some funny moments and the whole film is quite enjoyable (although I find Leslie Mann very irksome) . 6/10.
    I made my remark about the sense of humor because, according to the wikipedia, Game night has got better reviews... I can only understand it under the premise that the Americans laugh at different things...:|

13. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

The american humor of his films are intended for different types of audiences.

14. karles48

I guess you're right. Besides, I'm so used to British humor that it's often hard for me to laugh at American comedies...

15. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

I have more or less stopped watching movies: lack of interest (shows are so much better; i spent much of 2017 watching all the classics (The Wire, Sopranos, The Shield et al), and family constraints.

But anyway. Even though i consider myself a Star Wars fan, i finally got to see the BD release of Star Wars - The last Jedi. The first installment which premiere i havent seen in a theater since Episode I.

I was much in love with Rogue One (because its basically a blend of SW and Expendables, straight in your face), but was disappointed with episode VII. Kylo Ren looked like a glass of milk, Snoke appears like a ugly downgrade of palpatine, Han was way too old, and his demise too foreseeable, and the complete story was very unoriginal at best.

Now, VIII:

I give it a well-meant 7/10.

The good:
    I like the new battle ship classes. The Executor was already bad-ass, but Fulminatrix and Supremacy both are awesome.
    Kylo Ren was played very well, and developed into a good villain character.
    Leia finally turned out to be a very capable force user (in fact she displays a force mastery which - on screen - rivaled those of many former Jedi Masters).
    Luke finally emerges as the most powerful force user evar!1!1

The bad:
    Mark Hamill is just not a great actor. So is Carrie Fisher.
    The story is still nothing too original, with some too obvious reminiscences to episode V.
    Some characters are still too much of a caricature (General Hux).
    It was a good move to kill off Snoke, because he just never worked for me.
    Ackbar, the mastermind of Endor, appeared like a mere echo of Leia. His demise was undeservingly low impact.
    Rei is cool, but handles the force like a true Master without any training. This irks me a bit. She may be even better than Luke is. I btw do hope that she is an offspring of Obi-Wan, but thats too much to ask fori guess.
    Then, light saber dueling skills obviously have much declined since the days of Mace, Dooku, Yoda, Ben, and Anakin.

The ugly:
    I dont need to see last-second-saves every 5 minutes. The bombing of Fulminatrix felt way too artificial and didnt really touch me, because it was very obvious how this would end up.
    The absolutely worst story idea ever is the pursuit of the Raddus at sub-hyper-drive. It almost killed the movie for me. Why not allowing some vessels to warp in front of the Raddus? Raddus could jump into Supremacy, why not the other way round? That was insanely stupid.

16. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Okay so I watched Avengers Infinity War.

Everyone raved about how awesome it was. I thought it was OK. Black Panther in my opinion was more enjoyable. Probably because it's a lot more intimate in character development.

STILL a good movie so go watch it if you didn't. And yeah F*** Starlord. But y'know, people should relate to him though. He's kinda human. And he's the only one in the movie that shows that.

17. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Paisan (1946) - 7/10
    [​IMG]

18. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    DEADPOOL 2 4.5/5

more funnier than before but also more brutal..simple story and i can see Wade humanity side in here
    the most important is they give us after credit scene, best i've ever seen..this maybe will change everything, not only In DP2 but also in Marvel film on the future

19. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Tully

Its a raw feeling kind of movie. Very relatable i'm sure to some mothers out there. Or many moms. Go mom!

Don't drink and drive!

20. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Life of Brian (1979) - 7/10
    [​IMG]