1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The J-ROCK thread!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!

Discussion in 'The Music Forum' started by CDevil, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

You haven't heard of L'Arc~en-Ciel? They're great.

The Japanese exchange student I have in my class right now really likes them, so I've been listening to them a lot so that I can talk to him about them xD I don't really know what songs I would recommend though.

2. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

Seeing Dir en grey live for the third time in 22 days.* The excitement is buiiiiiiilding, omg. I started listening to Diru songs on the subway today and freaked out a little. I might seriously cry at the sight of Shinya walking out onto the stage this time. I think I'm going to have a heart attack before Toshiya even gets there...

I can't freaking WAIT!

*Third time ever, not third time within 22 days. 22 days until I see them for the third time. yeah. xD First time was in August '06, second time was February '07.

3. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

yo, anyone up for janne da arc?

4. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    No, I was meant Laraku (Where'd you get L'arc en ciel from?... unless Laraku is L'arc en ciel) I know L'arc en~ciel... they are the first Hyde band that I knew.... from the anime Full Metal.. then after that, since I liked Jrock, I went into HYDE. I have his first CD... but his solo career is over and is now with VAMPS. He's everywhere xP I saw his movie Moonchild with Gackt and Wang Lee Hom... It was pretty awesome although cheezy haha. Vampires you know?

I always miss Dir en grey whenever they are around in the US >_<;;
    They've been here a lot.. KoRn tour and such...
    Kyo is awesome!! Makes himself bleed during concerts.. haha.

So far, Jrock wise, I've only been to Gagaaling (New international wide Jrock band... girl singer.) and LM.C (which I got spat on by Maya, the singer xP along with others of the crowd. He used to be in miyavi's band)

Oh, and forgot the one great one.. S.K.I.N. :D (Gackt, Sugizo, miyavi, Yoshiki) The legends of Jrock! (well.. some.) I want to see a the GazettE one someday..

5. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ Laruku/Raruku is short for L'Arc~en~Ciel (raruku an shieru). I'm pretty sure that's what kira meant, especially since they are suspending any live shows until 2011.

L'Arc, Maximum the Hormone, HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR and a little bit of Orange Range are the only J-Rock-ish kind of stuff that I listen to, but even then I don't listen to them that often aside from L'Arc...

6. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

@all: i can't write L'Arc~en~Ciel so i write laruku because it is easy to write and japan people usually call L'Arc~en~Ciel with laruku. me to know orange range and high and mighty color, but the most i like is laruku because they can rock very good and the song can influence you, and they already go around the world including usa.

7. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

^ You should listen to some ASIAN KUNG FU GENERATION too! They are good... UVERWORLD.. is alright. Not really into them as much anymore.... but I love their song Colors of the Heart and CHANCE! They are appearing on magazine covers a lot recently.. I was surprised. I'm guessing both of you don't listen to Visual Kei though... I love Visual Kei xP miyavi, the GazettE, alice nine., Gagaaling ...and lots more.

8. Chivor

Chivor Kenkyuusei

Well I do visual kei stuffs. Miyavi, Antic Cafe, LM.C, Sid(well they WERE visual kei), Nightmare, VAMP and stuffs. btw S.K.I.N didn't release anythin yet right (altho they've been formed for awhile now). I'm lookin forward to what they're gonna be doing. As for rock, bands like AKFG(of course), Onsoku Line, Acid Black Cherry(Yasu), abingdon boys school(t.m.rev), BEAT CRUSADERS, Shonen Kamikaze, HaMC(maki >.<), B.O.C, Monkey Majik, Mr.Children and stuffs (too many to list xD) Owh and also girl bands like Nakanomori BAND(gonna miss them >.<), MARIA, chatmonchy. And some other ska bands, ORESKABAND, midnightPumpkin, GOLLBETTY, muramasa. And these are only parts of my JMusic library xD

9. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

@hahaxwill: i know ASIAN KUNG FU GENERATION and UVERWORLD their song are very good and they sing ost from anime naruto and bleach and tales of the abyss. but i don't know they are so popular. actually i don't like visual kei, but i have gazette pv.
    @Chivor: Mr children also sing the song from dorama code with title hanabi and it is very good song, hanabi song have a pv or not???

10. Chivor

Chivor Kenkyuusei

^ Yeah they have a pv for HANABI. It's one of my favourite songs too lol

11. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Anyone want the CD for Gagaaling? I'd be glad to share it... their album Royal Stranger.

ORESKABAND so awesome!! Saw them live ;] And even met them! I have all their signatures :D
    Totally forgot to put that on my JMusic artists that I've met xP My favorite girl is the bassist Tomi

12. Chivor

Chivor Kenkyuusei

^ You've MET them? But well thinking that they often do US tours ... You're one lucky guy, my friend.

13. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

Seriously, no one here likes Diru? D:

14. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Yes I have, I'll take a picture of what they signed... I got them to sign this huge handkerchief :] They had the tour in the US... I think it was with Warped Tour? It was 2 years ago I think... around the time of AX. :D Also bought a shirt ^_^

tokkaiko I love the old Diru... the new style hasn't been going so well... (After THE FINAL... Started with the Maggot song). Favorite songs are probably OBSCURE (The coolest yet grossest PV ever) and Child Prey!! "Kill me, Kiss me, Love me~"

15. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

^ Ahh. Yeah, a lot of fans seem to share that sentiment. Maggots was definitely a single I'd rather forget, but I do like some of their current stuff. In particular, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the song "The Pledge" off the album The Marrow of a Bone. That song was absolutely amazing...and contained actual singing, not just a bunch of screaming like Maggots or anything like that. When people complain that that entire album was crap, without saying anything more, I always want to make them listen to that song right then and there, because it's SO GOOD. XD Just saying. But Maggots was definitely...not a highlight of their career.

I still hope that one day they'll play some of their older songs in concert again; they never seem to play anything pre-Six Ugly or Vulgar anymore. I don't object too much to that, since Vular is one of my all-time favourite albums ever by any band and hearing its songs live is such an amazing experience for me, but I'd love to hear something older played sometime. If they ever do something like the Blitz 5 Days concert again, I swear, I will somehow get the money to go to Japan and see it.

16. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Oh, I should listen to some of your suggestions about the new songs :p I haven't heard any of them recently... Only the GazettE and alice nine. lol.

For anyone who likes Jrock:
    I was bored so... I decided to upload this
    Gagaaling - Royal Stranger
    It's Visual Kei with a girl as the lead singer. Check it out! I like it :]

17. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

anyone here knows about Janne da Arc?

18. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

i know janne da Arc, visual kei band and i hear that and very good song, but i don't have the pv

19. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

So the news has recently come out that Miyavi has just gotten married (or is going to?) to the Jpop singer melody and they're expecting a child. Some of his fans are being pathetic. Why would they say they're hurt? Disappointed? He is one of my idols, so I'm happy for him that he's found somebody and he'll be starting a family. Why would anybody be anything but happy? Those people simply aren't fans. If you love an artist, you should be happy for them if they find happiness. The end.

It's the reason why I don't get idol "scandals", but it makes even less sense when it's a Jrocker we're talking about. Though of course, his fanbase must consist of many 13-year-old girls with no grasp on reality. They need to stop stressing him out, now.

Seriously, congratulations, Meev. Don't listen to their bullshit.

20. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

WHOA?! MIYAVI AND MELODY?!

NICE!! I like them both XD melody has some great songs.. and same birthday as me :fear:

And Miyavi is one of my favorite Jrock artists.... hence I use his name in my screen names xD And I love his name.

Miyavi's pissed by the way...
    From his myspace blog:

Totally unexpected two who would marry each other but whatever. Good luck to them! And they have a baby coming out soon too...

Apparently miyavi is graduating from PS&C on April 5th concert.