Single Iwasa Misaki 4th [Hatsuzake] 2015/04/29

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by Cristafari, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Have put in any early order for one of each. Maybe do some more later.

Really hoping for a great song that gets noticed. Her other singles have been pretty good songs too.....but looking for something that can appeal or attract the attention of a wider audience. Upbeat tune with a good melody...like what I posted above...catches attention and keeps you listening.....

2. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I don't think she needs to. Enka was made for older folks, she should keep going with this pace. It's perfect for her to find this niche that clearly works.

3. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

enka as a general category is liked most by older people....though many songs sung by enka singers are liked by all. enka now days a very broad category.

And as was mentioned by her and others at the time was that she could be a bridge between genres and generations that she could attract fans in both directions.

the song i linked above..nice tempo and melody is a famous Hibari enka song, ihoujin another nice a up tempo enka song.

she has three nice typical tempo enka songs now....now to add something more spritely to her collection as a variety to 'her' songs. this is my hope anyway.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  4. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Updating this page, here is the upcoming event schedule for Wasamin in support of this single. Please note that the schedule is subject to change, events may be added, etc.

4/04 Mini-live /handshake event (Aeon Mall Urawa-Misono, Saitama Pref)
    4/07 Handshake event (Aeon Mall Marinepia, Chiba Pref.)
    4/08 Handshake event (Sunshine City Ikebukuro, Tokyo)
    4/20 Handshake event (Kanto Area)
    4/21 Handshake event (Kanto Area)
    4/22 Handshake event (Kanto Area)
    4/23 Handshake event (Kanto Area)
    4/24 Handshake event (Kanto Area)
    4/26 Singing/Handshake Event (Kanto Area)
    4/27 Singing/Handshake Event (Kanto Area)
    4/28 Singing/Handshake Event (Kanto Area)
    4/29 Release Event/Mini-Live (Tokyo/Shibuya)
    4/30 Release Event/Mini-Live (Nagoya)
    5/01 Release Event/Mini-Live (Osaka)
    5/02 Release Event/Mini-Live (Kanto Area)

5. nickblitz

nickblitz Kenkyuusei

happy that wasamin is finally having another single!!! super excited!! can't wait for another EPIC enka song for us! :banana::banana::banana:

6. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I think there's been a leak of her single's title 初酒

I'm not entirely sure how to read it though

7. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Not sure if this is official or not. But I believe the "leak" is based from this...

wasasingle1.jpg

Hatsusake? Hatsu Zake. First Sake? Fans are noting based on that photo it looks like the PV may have been filmed in Arashiyama.

I am waiting for official word before updating the OP

EDIT: The fans are sayng it is confirmed, and HMV has added the title.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  8. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Short version of Hatsu Zake PV

9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I love it. :inlove:

Updated OP with the tracklists. Please let me know if you spot any errors.

I believe these are the other songs she is covering...

The Green Flash B-side...

And the song from Frozen I think you all know. I can't believe she is covering that.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  10. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Oh, I like it a lot~~ very spring-feeling. I'm shocked she's covering that Frozen song, but LOL, I suppose. I look forward to her versions for the B-sides tho~~~

11. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Secured a copy of regular edition.

For some reason CDJapan stock is already running low on that item and HMV ran out of shop bonuses for the regular one. Limited editions are still on green (with shop bonuses).

@Cristafari
    You got double 'mama' on Let It Go ~Ari no Mama de (Enka Version) title in the OP.

12. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    The A-side sounds excellent. :inlove:
    Hakimono to Kasa no Monogatari should be very good (I hope it is rearranged). I'm not sold on Ari no Mama de but who knows, Wasamin could make it her own.
    The covers are lovely. <3

13. ossan

ossan Member

20歳のめぐり逢い(Hatachi no Meguriai) was sung by the Signal in 1975.
    http://art5.photozou.jp/pub/238/140238/photo/4708982_624.jpg

14. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    i think i spotted an error. why is Let It Go in the tracklist? :poop:
    Wasamin made a big error this time!

15. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    We'll see. Obviously that song choice has raised a few eyebrows. But remember, this is an "enka version". Considering what Wasamin did with the previous AKB-songs she has recorded, it could end up sounding entirely different.

But yeah, when I woke up this morning, which song was in my head? Hatsuzake? No! It was Let it Go! :fp:

16. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Sounds great I'm already fancy the whole single, that walkway with the bamboos at the sides reminds me kara no kyoudai, quite refreshing to listen Wasamin doing this different approach. It makes sense the song story.

I was wondering about that 'let go it' track that is a disney song? right?, haha for a moment thought --will Wasamin sing in english-- but noticed the japanese title alongside, the cover to that obscure old pop group got me all my attention seems interesting, gotta listen to it.

17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
  18. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

Hubby is on his way to Japan as I speak....he is fairly excited by whatever Misaki-chan is doing. I hope to get away as well, but have some teaching commitments to some of my 'disciples'. (Hope to be in Tokyo in mid May)

Well this is quite a fascinating selection of songs for Iwasa Misaki and a very good addition to her repertoire.

The song ありのままで surprised me as well, and as enka well it is already at about that tempo so I cannot see what changes they would make.

I think she will sing the song straight up like the Japanese version. All of the Japanese version is almost within all of her range and tonal quality. You should note that Iwasa sings best when the music calls for full throated power and expression, which is what this song calls for.They might take it down a full tone for her voice. This song in its range, style and tone is not too different from her last single, just more epic in the amount of actual singing and reaches into higher tones.

Most of the song is easily within her reach, there are a few sections-bars that will be a big challenge, for her and most singers, so I will keen to hear how she deals with them.

I suspect Iwasa has been singing this a fair bit in karaoke and found she can actually sing it. Her handlers must thing she can do a respectable job or they would not embarrass her by including it since it would generate a lot of interest. That it is included means that she has indeed pulled it off, which if faithfull to the original, will be a big feather in her cap.

Listen to the Japanese version. I can easily imagine this being Iwasa, if taken down a tone in range. (Actually Iwasa sounds a little bit like the woman singing this).

This song is more like that in a live theater production which begs the question will this be another avenue for this girl?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Nice! Is he planning on going to any of Wasamin's upcoming events? The Tokuma site has updated the locations of Wasamin's promotional schedule.
    http://www.tkma.co.jp/enka_news_detail/iwasa.html?nid=5959

Also, Wasamin is doing a 2-shot event in Osaka on May 31st, FYI.

Here is an article about the new single via RBB Today. Interestingly, the primary focus is on the "Let It Go" track.
    http://www.rbbtoday.com/article/2015/04/06/130179.html

Another article from Oricon Style
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2051199/full/

20. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I've never seen someone so pleased with a glass of sake :p