1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Looks like we wiped her out! That's probably what she looked like when she got on the wrong train and fell asleep after the Green Flash event

Welcome to the foal. There has always been a great comeraderie among the Wasafans in Japan. I don't see why it should be any different here. As for choosing an oshimen, I think a lot of the foreign fans feel pressure to have an oshimen because it is the "thing to do". Althoug in reality it should be a much more organic experience. Just like the wands at Ollivander's, your oshi chooses you. It was probably me who mentioned that meeting them would change your perception. I have just seen it happen time and time again. WheI first saw the group live I didn't even have an oshimen, just a list of girls I liked. But I came away as a fan of a member who wasn't even on the original "list". I chose all of my favorite members because of the way they treat me at events.

Oh, and did somebody mention the Wasabus? From what I hear it is still running! :p

wasabus3.jpg

2. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Feel Welcome @Kuura, but the way you asking us to accepting you it made feel like this as an area for anonymous wasalcoholics, I'm more of the thought that you have free will to post here as any other user, Wasafans are not all that much but here is likely one of the most dedicated non-japanese fans that happens to be a Wasa-oshi, and that's Cristafari, who is one of the reasons that I remains visiting this board due his oshi-trips reviews, there's Aisansan around too that I personally like the way he post when is about musical aspects, after all this is a discussion thread and if someone want to post "wasamin worst singer" that while an absurd in denial with reality should not be getting people here with their feelings hurt, and while 2013 seemed a bitter year I would say the people that post here is more laid back at least I'm.

You guys made me remember how I turned to be a Wasamin follower, I knew of the group a couple years before ever getting serious or actually more into, I found the most fascinating thing of them was the concept of the theater, the stages songs made me realize japanese idols was not about cute girls singing crap (I was ignorant of songs such as 'keibetsu...' and the like), thoughts that I held as a teenager, but I blames satoshi kon† for that.

Funny thing is that my first favorite member was also Kojiharu, but was more a shallow liking as myself being an outsider in the surface (and it was the same for Wasamin), I like many girls, is not a sin to like many of them but AKB since its beginning, reinforced in 2009 onwards, has always been such a group where the dinamics is to have an oshimen, that means at the end of the day you have to support in some way to the member you like the most, at least in my case was not difficult at all.

Regarding Wasamin, my current oshimen, the only single time I met her, was way back in early 2012 when I went for first and only time to Japan (that motivated me to get here in stage48 and elsewhere to interact with other fans), indeed I could be labelled being one of those that were approaching the bandwagon during the excitment of Mujin Eki release but the thing is that I never get off the wagon, at that time I begun to learn on my own some japanese, thus I started to notice what Wasamin the idol truly was, and it started my fondness towards her, she was not only (and still) a great performer but actually funny as hell and with the feets on the ground, you figure this out reading her social media, I'm not a too emotional guy despite that I try but under my bias Wasamin for me is the greater entertainer in this group and I would think the same of her as a normal person.

Adds to that, Wasamin is forging a singer career, she got the talent and endurance for that, Wasamin could be the artist that you can follow for many years, in fact, probably the next time I will be in Japan to met her again she might have been already graduated but I don't care as much as she's still pursuing her dream.

3. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    OH @Cristafari that's so TRUE. I got fished by Ikuchan from watching Nogi performances-- AMAZING stuff :3
    For foreign fans, it's mostly, what- the music & magazine spreads that cause fans to pick oshimen?
    Over there, it's mostly good theatre performers & quality handshake fishing hehehe?

Ohhhoho @Arubaro LOL yeah Nyannyan is great starter oshimaterial-- her ears & height make her stand out
    Not to mention she's in every single, because she is also an amazing singer <3
    Most people are DD on some level, but everyone has their oshimen, kami-oshi, hako-oshi maybe
    With so many talented, interesting members, it's difficult to have just an oshimen, ni-oshi, san-oshi LOL

Oh and there's a Team K stage tonight, it's Mariyannu's seitansai with special guest members Miyupon & Sakkii !! Wasamin seems like she's been close to Mariyannu recently, so can't wait to see what she says :3

4. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    @Arubaro I'm sorry if my message came off to you in that sense! The thing about "accepting me as your own" was more about my regret of being too shallow when choosing an oshimen before, and wondering if other Wasa-fans would be willing to accept me because of that. I had no ill impressions about any of you! I really respect Wasamin, and really hope would have the chance to see her perform in the theater this July when I'm going to Japan (I just hope the theater isn't closed then for rehearsals etc.).

5. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    @Kuura you should watch the LODs when you have the time [like tonight !!] !!
    Wasamin is usually there & gets great MC time :3 her & Myao have the FUNNIEST MCs

6. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    @CherryBonchan Thanks for the tip! I read from Wasamin's blog that she was going to the theater this week, but didn't remember it was today. I'm currently at home recovering from a nasty flu, so this is the perfect thing to brighten up my day.

Edit: Wanted to ask this, so edited my earlier message. What do you, @Cristafari, and others here think of choosing an oshimen if one never gets to meet them? I'm not sure if I get to see Wasamin at all during my upcoming trip, but nevertheless at this moment I can say that Wasamin is the member I want to support the most. I may not know everything about her yet, but I'm learning. Just watched the talk part of her 2015 seitansai performance, and beautiful Wasamin going all "Korrraa!" was definitely the highlight of that part for me. :blush:

Edit 2: After reading again all the recent messages in this thread and thinking things through, I've come to realize I've been too keen on having an oshimen without letting it happen "naturally" - which is how I, too, think it should go. For now, I'll hop on the Wasabus and see where it takes me.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  7. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Just noticed Wasamin's twitter profile is...the actual BEST LOLOLOELRFOL [since Kitarie is in my close-net oshi list, hehe]

myoshimen.png

@Kuura for me, not seeing my oshimen isn't so much a big deal? [I mean, my kami-oshi is Kuumin, so meeting her isn't really something I can plan for LOL] I still haven't been to Japan or have the money to spend on events. But if you have the finances, you have the *time*, then why not? Wasamin is pretty sweet on her fans :3 my top priorities on my first trip out will probably be stage shows in all cities & some HS events <3

As for your other comment, yeah, you don't need to have an oshimen to be a 48G fan ( ^ u ^ ) it just makes things like SSK/RQHour/JKTK a little more stressful/rewarding hahahahhe heh huuu

8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Cute little Wasastory...

There were two clothing shops to the right of the stage at Nadya Park in Nagoya. After the evening performance, as Wasamin was exiting the venue she kept peering over at one of the shop windows, finally stopping and pointing. There weren't a ton of people there, so we could here her say "Kawaii!" as she pointed to something on display. The next day she tweeted about her new jacket she bought at Nadya Park. She has worn it quite a bit over the last week...

wasacoat.jpg

Yep, that was indeed in the window [hehe]

9. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

Somebody posted her Let it Go on youtube on the 1/5/15 (not me).

But I think it is probably not such a bad idea, since it shows her a 'bad ass' singer.

10. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Wasamin participates in the Arm-wrestling section of the sport meeting, she won over Akicha but lost to Shiichan (whom is the final winner)...can't wait to see the broadcasted show in24/5

11. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Sorry for being late...

This week's episode of "Iwasa Misaki no Kōshiki Rajio" (2015/05/07)

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. kuity

kuity Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    jlz777

Skip to the end. Thank me later. xD

13. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin's new profile photo and poster. Will wait for better shot of the poster...

wasaposter1.jpg wasaposter.jpg

14. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Thanks, first time I get to listen to the full version.

15. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    OMG her new profile pic looks GREAT
    ...as in, "most profile pics look weird, but this is actually GREAT for once"

Can't wait to see her election video soonish [?]
    Just hope it's something other than her in her Hatsuzake outfit...LOL
    As much as I love Wasamin, I do like seeing her in casual clothes <3

16. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

hubby down in Kakegawa staying with nephew now then HK. (and boy has his nephew really adopted the J-pop K-pop style which if he wore back in Aust would make people laugh).

I see that her new song is in D♭ major, a fairly classical romantic key. (Also my favourite key for playing the flute).
    But I think this is the key best fit to her singing maybe.

17. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki

Wasamin's SSK appeal video..looks like she wants to have a 3rd center position after the NGs and FGs...let's fulfill that wish ^^

18. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    [​IMG]
    anyone have a better quality of this scan? I can't read those tiny kanji letter when I zoom in
    maybe a translation if it's OK...

19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    This week's episode of "Iwasa Misaki no Kōshiki Rajio" (2015/05/14)

Also....the radio show Wasamin appeared on this past Monday at HMV Omiya...

Finally, an old video where Wasamin appeared with Yoshida Yamada (The same group she appeared with this past New Years' Day) on TBS Radio

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  20. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki