1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yes, if for no other reason than with the exception of a few select events you don't have to make any reservation. You just show up at the venue and you are good to go! Not to mention her Tokuma/NagaraPro staff are generally more lax about time. Plus, you can give gifts, and again they are more laid back about what you can give. In fact you used to be able to hand the gifts right to her, but now they make you put it in a box right before you go up to her.

2. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I'm really enjoying Wasamin's version of Hitomi. It's a great song itself but her voice kind of breaths more life into it. Works for me at least.

3. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    6995f90460ab77270fe7ef259d574caa.png
    eh, sold out already...previous set usually lasted for 3-4 days...

(Mod edit: please edit or thumbnail oversized photos)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2015
  4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Live @ The Moshi Moshi Nippon Festival 2015/11/07 at Tokyo National Gymnasium

wasamoshi8.jpg
    Tonight Wasamin appeared alongside Golden Bomber, Dempagumi, Inc., 9Nine, Tempura Kidz, and many others on the main stage at the 3-Day Festival

wasamoshi7.jpg

Wasamin's Setlist

1. Heavy Rotation (Enka Version)
    2. Koisuru Fortune Cookie (Enka Version)
    3. Hatsuzake

wasamoshi6.jpg
    Wasamin in her red Kimono. She had a meet & greet event after her performance at the Tower Records booth. According to fans it took them over an hour to filter out the entire line. Not sure if they were selling Hatsuzake singles or Pre-orders for the new single.

wasamoshi4.jpg
    Wasamin with Nagara Pro mates, Hayabusa

wasamoshi9.jpg
    Wasamin with gravure idol Achinami Hiko (This isn't the first time Wasamin has posted photos with Achinami, seems like they hang out together a bit)

wasamoshi5.jpg wasamoshi2.jpg wasamoshi3.jpg
    Wasamin with Aisako Miyu and Sakura Miki from the group 愛乙女★DOLL (LOVELY★DOLL)

Next up for Wasamin, tomorrow (Sunday) mini-live and Handshake Event at Aeon Mall Tsudanuma in Chiba Prefecture. Also, Wasamin will have her 2nd Solo Karaoke live on NicoNico Douga at 19:30 Local Japan time
    http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv240933300

5. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    YES

This is magnificent! Dempagumi Inc., Silent Siren, and Tempura Kidz are pretty big :3
    From the schedule, she went on with Hayabusa right before Silent Siren; 30min
    Silent Siren is one of the bigger draws on that MAIN STAGE, so people waiting to see SiSi def got to see Wasamin <3
    SiSi is like pop-rock, so idk how much the crowd cared for Wasamin & Hayabusa, but WASAMIN'S MOVING ON UP

Side note: anyone know how popular Hayabusa is in the enka world? Seems like NagaraPro is pushing Hayabusa & Wasamin as young pop-enka...

As for hanging out with Achinami & members of YLMLM, it could be cross-promotion for y'know, "indie idol" stuff. Either way, it's good networking on her part-- hopefully she got to hang a little more with other artists to feed more fuel for Koshiki Radio :3 From the LOVELY★DOLL pics, it seems like maybe they're fans of Wasamin & asked for a picture? I really hope so...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki 5th Single Pre-Order Mini-Live and Handshake Event @ Aeon Mall Tsudanuma, Chiba Prefecture. (2015/11/08)

wasachiba2.jpg wasachiba3.jpg

13:00 Setlist
    1. Mujineki
    2. Heavy Rotation (Enka Version)
    3. Hatachi ni Meguriai
    4. Hatsuzake

15:30 Setlist
    1. Tomonoura Bojou
    2. Akai Sweet Pea
    3. Ihoujin
    4. Hatsuzake

Note: There was also a random lottery draw for 2-shots and a couple other prizes.

wasachiba1.jpg

Don't forget. Wasamin live on NicoNico later tonight! (Link on a couple of the above posts)

7. Bort

Bort Kenkyuusei

Wasamin is the subject of Takamina's latest WPB column, and it includes heaps of admiration and respect for her. I liked Minami's comment that Wasamin, as an Enka singer, could have a career that spans longer than any other AKB48 member. The column mentions the 2010 Aki Matsuri as the starting point for Wasamin's Enka endeavor. Does anyone know whether she had the aspiration to be an Enka singer prior to that, or was her performance at the Aki Matsuri supposed to have been just a one-time thing that turned out to be a serendipitous one that led her to taking this path?

8. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Wasamin's spoken before about growing up listening to enka thanks to her parents [could've been grandparents, idr exactly?]. She was 15 around 2010, so who knows if she really *knew* she wanted to be a professional enka singer before that, but her success has certainly born a new, much needed breath into the enka scene [definitely pulling from the idol scene, sure]. So I'm sure when they propped her up as an enka idol, she took to the path with open arms :3

I'm really really really proud of our Wasamin, y'all.
    I was getting down for a moment there thanks to her lack of 48G activities aside from HS & stages.
    Ascending AKB *can* lead to a full-time entertainment career, but only for a select few...
    [Acchan, Takamina, Kojiharu, Sasshi, Mayuyu, Rena will never have to "worry" about gigs again]
    But putting too much into AKB & not having a backup career is where, sadly, the majority of these members will find themselves...
    But, thanks to her solo career & the longevity of enka artists, Wasamin has a burgeoning solo career.
    It'll be interesting to see how much longer she'll be in AKB. It certainly helps being an AKB idol AND enka-solo artist...

9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    It was definitely her grandparents. I'm not sure if they were her mother's parents or her father's, but she said she grew up with her grandparents living in the same house. We also know that Wasamin was taking formal vocal training before she even auditioned for AKB, so she definitely aspired to be a singer. Whether it was always enka? Don't know. But she did grow up listening to it, so...

10. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

How do you get in the "random lottery drawing"? Is that for when you pre-order her new single at the event?

11. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I believe so.

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    While searching around YouTube I found this. I don't think it was posted here before...

if the video does not show watch the video here

Nagara Pro's Enka team performing Kiyoshi no Zundoko Bushi, fronted by "The Prince of Enka", Hikawa Kiyoshi

13. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    I'm still not incredibly familiar with the enka scene, but the Prince of Enka...
    ....isn't he the only enka artist that can top Wasamin while her single is on Oricon charts, iirc?
    ...is this a small gathering of the tip-top "best" enka artists still producing work?
    I just want to gauge how big this performance is to the modern enka scene...

14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Episode #33 of "Iwasa Misaki no Kōshiki Rajio" (2015/11/12)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Part 2 with special guest, Fukuda Kanon from the H!P idol unit ANGERME. She will be graduating from the group and Hello! Project later this month.

Wasamin is a longtime H!P fan.

15. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Actually Hikawa Kiyoshi is the top seller in the enka genre, seconded by Mizumori Kaori, Yamakawa Yutaka and Tagawa Toshimi are also popular in the scene, the Hayabusa guys, I don't know too much about them (their style it's somehow difficult to digest for me) but I would think they also do well in a more lesser level.

They are all of the same agency as is Wasamin, so you get the idea.

Regards to Wasamin wanted to become an Enka singer, Cristafari already said many facts, yet I have to comment that in Japan, people studying or taking professional voice training, it isn't uncommon that besides of the Western-type teaching there's also Enka-like training for the larynx (read "melisma"), as this help to carry on single syllables over a different span of notes. Might be Wasamin also took interest from her classes. I recall she said it for "everyone to know it" (although I can't ever affirm that was the first time as I'm barely remember any of her old blog entries) during that short documentary included in the Janken DVD.

For example, the quite popular singer Nana Mizuki (whom Wasamin is a Fans) was initially and aimed to become an Enka singer who took mostly enka training when a child.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Preorder Mini-Live & Handshake Event @ Aeon Town Moriya, Ibaraki Pref. (2015/11/13)

wasamori2.jpg

13:00 Setlist
    1. Mujneki
    2. Tsugunai
    3. Heavy Rotation (Enka Version)
    4. Hatsuzake

15:30 Setlist
    1. Tomonoura Bojou
    2. Nagori Yuki
    3. Kikyou
    4. Hatsuzake

wasamori1.jpg
    wasamori3.jpg

***Wasamin wearing Purple Kimono w/ floral print
    ***Today's special giveaway, drawing for an autographed Hatsuzake poster.
    ***Moshi Moshi Nippon Festival will air on BS Sky December 11-13

Next event: Tomorrow (Saturday) at Riverside Senshuu in Niigata.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  17. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Looks like her next single is up for pre-order on CDJapan

18. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    MAYBE, just MAYBE...the signs were there the ENTIRE TIME
    If'n ya don't know, Peace Team B's new stage was revealed today
    It's A4th Tadaima Renaichuu, OF WHICH, Kikyou is a 3-nin sub-unit song...SO

Wasamin centering a stage sub-unit FINALLY* ?!?!?!?!!
    HOPEFULLY !!!

*I don't believe she's ever centered a stage sub-unit, someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    She has never been a named center. However...

She was one of Acchan's backups for Ude wo Kunde in the original run of A6. So she did have the occasion to center that song. Also during the brief revival of H2 at G-Rosso she performed Tonari no Banana with Lovetan. I guess you could call that a co-centered song.

As for her performing Kikyou when the new stage comes out, it would make sense. However I wouldn't bet my last dollar on it. We'll see. Personally I think she would fit well in most of the A4 unit songs.

20. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Haru ga kuru made, enka version... I wouldn't mind to hear that. :blush: