1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Nagatsuki Nura

Nagatsuki Nura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Cue tantrum
    Ok. This is just- what the :censored: Sure, I MIGHT be happy to see Acchan, Tomochin and Mariko-sama again. But what is this crap? Someone tell me what the hell is this?! I know this is the 10th anniversary and it’s a big, big, big day to the whole group, especially the old members, but kicking the young generation away? This is inexcusable. Oh wait, there is a reason for this: MONEY. Seriously, management. How desperate are you!? Are you SO desperate that you need the graduated members to provide you money? REALLY!? What the :censored: does graduation mean now? What do the next generation senbatsu, Yuihan’s speech mean now, and most importantly, 42nd single is supposed to be Takamina’s last AKB single. What do they all mean now!?

Nothing. Gee, I wonder why. Oh yeah, it’s because you don’t give the new generation much chance to prove themselves!! It’s all because you’re too afraid to take risks for a greater good! You can’t make changes unless you take the first step but where the hell is it? In my ass, that’s where it is. Heck, even fans (eg. Takamina’s) are getting tired of seeing the same members over and over and want them to move on. That’s a :censored: SIGN. At this rate, AKB surely is moving towards its doom. And this is the first time I’m admitting this.

Management, all I can say right now is. Use your brains. Don’t rely too much on the current members only. Like I said. Current. What about the future? You gotta prepare for the future and they’re already at the tip of your fingers. I’m begging you. Please don’t let the talents slip and waste away. Please.

2. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

I'm kinda happy to see the graduates back for an old-school AKB lineup, BUT it really isn't good for the group moving forward. By not investing in the Next Gen management are setting themselves up for big problems down the line...

I think that the 16 members they've chosen for this single who aren't graduates are fine, but instead of the 5 graduates I would add Watanabe Miyuki, Kodama Haruka, Muto Tomu, Kojima Mako, Takahashi Juri, and Okada Nana for a 22-member senbatsu

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  3. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    For all my sympathies towards Naachan and Juri but I don't get your reasoning.

So who in your opinion should also be part of senbatsu?

What if senbatsu consists of every member you approve but one of my "new gen" picks is not in it? Whose opinion counts more?

How big should it be anyways? 16, 21, 32? Remember the discussion about the huge summer single senbatsus? How management was called "milking the cow"? But this is exactly what we'll be getting if everyones favorite is joining. Sad fact is, there will always be a "shafted" member that despite her hard work won't make it.
    But it doesn't end here. After joining senbatsu there is the question "why isn't she center", "why is her position not in the front" or "why doesn't she win ssk".

What exactly is "new gen"? Which generation exactly? Who is part of "old gen"?

This thread is full of these buzz words. The nice thing about these words is that they are not clearly defined. Everyone can agree on them because for all it matters your favorites are part of "new gen", right? "AKB needs to change" is another one of these. I would love that see a list that has been approved by this forum on what should exactly change. But i fear that the discussion would be endless.

If the 43rd single senbatsu would only consist of the standard 16 members (no OGs) and Naachan and Juri weren't part of them either, would you still be mad?

I admit that having OGs being part of the single didn't help the discussion. But it makes me sad that many opinions in this thread can be summed up into "Whats your ideal senbatsu?" and "Why would you not like my oshi?"

TL: DR my opinion differs from yours. Time to bring out the sockpuppets.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    it won't be much of a storyline if the girls just graduate tho. If they honestly feel like there is nothing left for them why stay? the door is always opened for them to leave (graduate). We lost quite a few members this year alone. And one of them was doing really well in SSK/with fans imo (Uchiyama Natsuki).

5. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    well as far as okada goes I saw a lot of "I"s and "me me me me" therefore I have 0 sympathy for her because I'm pretty sure she's not worried about the other young girls who didn't make it she's just upset she didn't make it and her buddy mako.even if okada did make it and let's say the other new gens didn't make it? at the end of the day there's no room all of the new gens.

6. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

I for one wasn't happy happy with the last senbatsu and I've been fairly unimpressed with the selection for...well....years. I was irrationaly hoping that would change in their 11th year.

I didn't say much because the last single was supposed to be Takamina's last huzzah, so a revolutionary senbatsu wasn't to be expected. This "new" single though is literally the last drop. So, I get that it's nice when members you like get some attention again but let's not drag an old dispute (kennin) that's not really related into this mess just to make those of us who are complaining look unreasonable or perpetually negative. It's undeniable that this move brings spotlight to the graduated members, and spotlight and media attention are valuable real estate in these groups. Which is a bad strategy for the group's health and speaks volumes both for management's priorities and the career prospects of the mid and new gens.

That's not a cryfest.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I don't think it's a cryfest. but more like. what's the logic behind this move? like I've said before. I don't think the fans would have reacted this way. if the queens come back as centers for the 10th Anni-Single. but they will return especially Takamina. to be included and center the 43rd Single which is probably a Sakura Single.
    the irony of it. the graduates coming back to center a single about graduations :rofl:

8. bustergol

bustergol Kenkyuusei

honestly okada-san,
    the moment you say your hardwork seems not pay off, that moment you will never move forward.

9. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    a bit OT but slightly related : Miyazawa Sae just announced graduation on FNS Music Festival : The Live(i am watching it now). So this could be her last Singles as an AKB member

10. tomosama

tomosama Kenkyuusei

Naachan's G+ was and still is heart-breaking. God I really feel for her and Mako too and Yuiri and all the new gens. Hoping at least we get a decent single.

11. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    She has every right to be upset. Naachan has had a pretty good year and she has been killing in HS sales. I'm sure in handshake event, a lot of her fans would come and say encouraging words like "You are sure to get into the next senbatsu" but she just keeps failing to achieve that. Of course she would feel disappointed. Given how much effort she is putting into everything, she is more than ready and capable to become a stable senbatsu. It's astonishing that she is still ignored by the management when it comes to the senbatsu selection.

12. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Got to love when Aki-P McMahon and the "creative" staff dropping the swerve on the Marks. Everytime Troll McMahon gives us these crappy "gimmicks"... we bitch, complain and question them but yet still hand over our money to him for cds, HS and 2shots. Either you love or hate the decisions by mgm, the AKB Universe will still buy in to those decisions in the end with their old mighty dollar (or in this case ¥ :lol:)

Rome isn't burning, it's only the "heat" from Rome getting over on us... that's white hot. :awesome:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Did i miss something? Where does it say that the OGs will center the single?
    My information until now is that they'll be part of senbatsu and the center position hasn't been announced yet.
    Maybe it's a Green Flash like center ;)

14. Nagatsuki Nura

Nagatsuki Nura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Just like what @kobwad said, it's most likely because of the high expectations from fans that her disappointment level made her so upset to the point she thought of that. and perhaps she posted that while still having some grief. besides, Naachan is very competitive, so I doubt she'd give up yet.

15. sno_rpg

sno_rpg Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I'm all in for this. So excited to see the old Kami7 again!

I feel bad for New Gens but...... It's not like every single we have a participation from Grads. I think this is just a one shot, last hurrah, (and a Kojiharu graduation announcement in the PV haha), and last chapter for the OGS. After all of this, New Gens can get a spot in the next single (if mgmt wants it).

Yuihan may have said that their rival is AKB itself. Like make way for New Gens so they can move on. But this single was surely planned even before the GM torch passing ceremony. Management can't immediately give what you ask for. :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

I think this is great.
    Takaminas graduation got delayed and this will be the last Single of the old AKB imo.

I love to see Yuko again so I will not complain in any way or shape.

After this the new AKB era will start, so this will be the last big BANG before a new age.

I will enjoy this last single and look forward to the new AKB.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I didn't really mean those two, I meant it as a whole. The group can't function in this case. Repeating the same process will cause them to fail at some point. There are so many girls in the group who have potential but here are 16 that we'll make u like cause we don't really care for the 100+ lol. No matter what they do they will never make me like Juri lol. I just don't find her to be the type of idol i look for (I never liked Yuko either tbh). But you really have to just accept whatever they give u cause u like the group not one member (my oshimen is not even in AKB, yet I will support AKB cause there are so many members I like lol)~

18. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    if I could like posts, I would like this one!

I wish people here would realize that sometimes it's more about the good of the group than the good of the individual. I'm sure, being part of a huge group like AKB, the girls realize this. AKB is like a sports team in that way: even a great player is going to be shafted sometimes for the sake of the team as a whole.

19. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

IMO Miion's push goes too far
    she was 16nin senbatsu in BWT, and now this one?
    what about Naanya's push?? they forgot her, and she the ace of 15th gen
    and 0 members from 4???? not even Mako??

20. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I do feel for Naachan tho. Mion, Mako and Naachan are like the next in line for senbatsu and all of them must think this is their time to shine after the 42nd single aka what everyone thinks it the end of 10th anniversary and alot of spot opening up (Sae, Miichan, Takamina and maybe Rie, Renacchi who god knows if they are gonna be a fixed members or not), its like this is the chance but nope they continue to milk the 10th anniversary for another single.