Okada Nana (Naachan) / 14th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Chaos48, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Nagatsuki Nura

Nagatsuki Nura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Naachan has quite a lot of ships imo:
    NaaMegu (oshimen relationship, which I'm pretty into)
    NaaMiki (more like a sister thing)
    NaaMako (not so famous, I think)
    NaaYuu (not sure with the name, but pretty sure this is gonna hot for awhile)
    NaaKomi (senpai-kouhai/oshimen relationship)

P.S: Just finished subbing the latest AKBingo! ep

2. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Unfortunately, they don't care about HS sales lol. If they did, Paruru, Yuihan and Sasshi wouldn't even be in senbatsu. It's all about the SSK rank for them (as well as how much they've invested into the girl). I think that if Naachan can get into the top half of Undergirls they will definitely start to take more notice. She might have a Tomu effect where management have to realize the potential she has.
    She'll obviously be in the 44th single but I do hope that she's in the top 16-20 out of the 40 odd girls that will be in it.
    Also, I don't show my face here as often as I should since she's my 3rd favorite AKB member after Paruru and Tanochan lol.
    I'll do better! Please treat me well :cute::flower:

3. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

I think this single was a disapointment from many.
    I was also angry that they just ignored Team4 (my favorite team in AKB)
    I am also happy to see Yuko, selfish yes but when you really love a person you cannot help it, sorry :(

It shows AKS is only thinking about money with this single, nothing else. It is sad.
    I was looking forward to seeing the new generation AKB after Takaminas graduation.
    But with it being delayed it seems everything was delayed.

I started to really like Team 4, and I love Komi, Naachan and people like Goto, Fukuoka, Kojimako etc, to me they are the future of AKB48 and I really want them to get some ground before SSK etc so people can see all their hard work and award them for it.
    Everyone knows Naachan works hard, but there are many more new gen that needs recognition imo.

Also HS sales does not mean anything in AKB, Nogizaka is heavily influenced with it but different system.

4. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I don't want to go off topic here or run on a tangent about my oshi, but I do want to point out that for overall handshakes, Paruru actually is one of the highest sellers in AKB (higher than Nana overall for 2015 too). She only failed to sell out her slots on the last single because her fans knew she'd likely be sick and unable to attend. That Paruru doesn't sell well is a myth, whether or not she gives kami treatment, she does sell.

That's one of the things that's so frustrating about trying to understand the management selection in these cases. You can say look! Handshake matters! Because Mion was selected and she's AKB's third best handshake seller, but then you look at Nana and it looks like it doesn't matter. Rank too is completely flexible. Where is Tomu? Nowhere. I think the running theory on Tomu is that she isn't as popular but her fans are wealthier. And management may know that, they probably have access to information like number of different orders placed/different customers. Who knows, that could factor in.

All that doesn't change the fact that Nana was always the strongest member of TTMC, and Mako got pushed ahead of her, and now Miion as well. Team 4 has been one of the strongest teams for ages, but they just don't seem to reap the benefits that come along with it. And it's tiring to be told year after year that it's just not your time yet when you are outperforming and outselling so many of not only your peers but also your seniors.

5. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yes, what the management does is pretty much inevitable and us fans have quite small impact in their decision making (aside frm SSK). That has been something that I'm upset with for a long time.
    I know I don't pay much attention to other members but my top two oshimen, but I don't neglect those members and believe that every member has the right and deserve to be in senbatsu, it's just the term 'taking turns' and 'passing'/'sharing' are my main priorities. Sure, the senbatsu members now may be providing them with 1 million streak (not for 42nd single's in one week apparently), but they don't know what the next gen could do for them. Changes are scary to take, I get it, but that's what risks are. I believe Naachan is one of those risks that should be considered, and I admit that I myself don't know if her fans will slack off a bit once she enters senbatsu or become the center of UG and constantly worry about that.

on a side note, AKBingo! ep 370 sub is done:
    http://nagatsukinura119.tumblr.com/post/135397873761/akbingo-ep-370

• Like Like x 1
  6. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Thank you for the sub. The Naachan-Yuiri pair is soooooo cuteeee !!! :cute: :cute:

7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  8. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  9. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    Those who found her post selfish definitly don´t know Naachan. She has been like a leader since her debut,always helping others when they had trouble for speak. Even the staff praised her good and generous attitude.
    Just because Naachan felt frustrated and said it, it doesn´t mean she was being selfish.It means that she is a human that can show her true feelings. She does everything well and she wasn´t in the single when many other girls could join.And none of the Team 4 girls was in senbatsu this time, that was probably very hard for the team. Naachan probably wants to lead AKB someday so she feels that she will have to climb higher and be part of senbatsu in order to do that.
    I hope that she can go higher in ranks and be promoted more!!!!.Sae´s post is too sweet <3<3<3<3<3. She described Naachan very well!!!!.

10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Sounds like a reaction to the broken "promotion" system AKB has to me. It's never been fair, it never will be fair, of course it's frustrating. Nothing wrong with expressing feelings about it.

11. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    This, is what I want to hear more and more from fans :approve:
    another thing came into my mind that may influence her post is she might have wondered what she and Juri (since they're the Captain and Co-captain) did wrong to cause the team to fail to be put inside the single. Naachan has a really strong sense of responsibility (and quite competitive) so she might have thought she failed leading the team. of course, we know that is not true. I may be overthinking but knowing Naachan (though limited), perhaps this happened.

12. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @Nagatsuki Nura Yes, I love Naachan so I noticed that she has been a natural leader since she joined. But I forgot that she was also a Team 4 captain along with Juri. I guess this makes both of them feel frustrated, they were the ones who talked more strongly about what happened. Hopefully, good things will come for Naachan and Team 4!!!.

13. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  14. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @Parikkuren I agree with almost all what you said, except the part about Mako. Is true that both Naachan and Mako have been doing very well in everything since KKS days but before Mako had a higher rank in elections, maybe this is why Mako was picked as TTMC center and Team 4 center. But both of them are going to a different path anyways, Naachan is more leader type in my opinion,while Mako was promoted more as center. This doesn´t mean Naachan can´t be center in the future. Hopefully, both of them will do amazing and can rise in ranks. That will show management what they can do.

15. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    They have one similar ambition; to become an actress. Naachan has an addition ambition that is to become a singer. In a way, they have a similar goal, but different path indeed. That's what being in 48G is to me. There are those who are Center-material (there are many of those, Kojimako included), leader (Takamina, Naachan, Akimoto Sayaka, Sae), variety (Mii-chan, Chiyori, Tani, Miki-chan etc) and those who are sadly interesting but not explored far enough. Centers are open to anyone, but of course with management's favoritism except SSK. I think at some point, Naachan was pushed as Center (Ima, Happy) but that's all (sadly)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

All of Team4 and other new gen shared Naachans frustration, she decided to post about it, a long with some others like Juri.
    I cannot see in any way or shape how that could be considered wrong.

I feel that the single is weird in a sense as some others, the 42nd should been the "last single of the old AKB" instead it's this one because they delayed everything for Takamina, and they wanted to focus on the "old AKB" for this last single hence all the graduates.

I really do hope the next single focus more on new gen, and that Komi gets a part in it with Naachan :)

And yes, SSK rank for some members means nothing, Tomu have been close to invisible since SSK imo, and she ranked Senbatsu. Like what....?

I really liked Naachans post, and Juris about the Senbatsu for the single.

17. Boukyaku

Boukyaku Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

This is what came to my head after realizing Captain and Co-Captain of the team made posts about the topic. For me, they are just voicing everyone's feelings along with their own, so considering the posts as selfish is just people giving their opinions without knowing the context.

@Nagatsuki Nura Thank you so much for the subs for the episode! I enjoyed them a lot :D

Btw, do you have the links to the previous entries of this? I got really interested.

18. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

Hope it's ok for me to answer for Debby :)

http://nagatsukinura119.tumblr.com/post/131728220131/oshimen-entry-links
    Naachan:
    Part 1:http://nagatsukinura119.tumblr.com/post/130194892766/akb48-oshimen-naachan-part-1
    Part 2:http://nagatsukinura119.tumblr.com/post/130210517066/akb48-oshimen-naachan-part-2
    Part 3:http://nagatsukinura119.tumblr.com/post/130260222941/akb48-oshimen-naachan-part-3
    Part 4:http://nagatsukinura119.tumblr.com/post/130302577866/akb48-oshimen-naachan-part-4
    Part 5:http://nagatsukinura119.tumblr.com/post/130384143791/akb48-oshimen-naachan-part-5
    Part 6 (final):http://nagatsukinura119.tumblr.com/post/130400943486/akb48-oshimen-naachan-part-6-final

19. Nagatsuki Nura

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  20. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

What I really like is Naachan's focus on making AKB itself great instead of just following her own dreams. Takamina once lamented in an interview that all girls who are joining now join with ambitions "I want to be an actress/singer/model" but not so much "I want to join to be in AKB". While it may be normal now to expect the joining girls to have ideas of how they want to use the popularity and experience simply being in AKB gives them, that's not how it used to be at the inception of the group, when the girls had to work hard to make the group popular. There has been an ongoing discussion across the forum about what makes the new gens feel so much different from the old gens and, among other factors, I think this is a big part of it. However, Naachan almost seems to be one of the older girls in her concern for the group and the energy and efforts she puts toward it rather than just madly running down her own personal path. I sense so much integrity from her as an idol, leader and bridge between the ideologies of new and old gens. <3

• Like Like x 1