1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage Team A 7th [M.T. ni Sasagu] (2016/02/10 - 2018/05/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Now hold on just a minute, don't be so quick to apologize for management. SIX YEARS since we've had a new AKB stage. Consider that there was a new stage at least once a year near the beginning of the group's life. Their focus shifted completely away from the theater after 2009 during their rise to mega popularity. Now that the group is starting to show signs of "struggling" again, it's back to the theater...supposedly.

I don't doubt that stages take a long time and a lot of effort to conceive. They require a plan, a solid member lineup, all new costumes and songs, lighting, choreo. But then you have to wonder what changed between when they were pumping out 2 stages a year vs now. And why the total shift away from theater when we know it's the heart and soul of AKB. I'm as happy for the new stage as anyone, but don't let one video about how hard it is to make a stage wipe away the fact that they've made some poor decisions regarding the theater for the past 6 years. I'm sure Team M and E aren't feeling too hot about not having an original stage since their inceptions, not to mention all the other teams currently getting shafted.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I've been thinking about this too.
    And it can't be that they have no time to write songs, because we're getting between 8 and 14 completely new songs every other month. :^^;:

My guess is that AkiP had a bunch of music already done when the group started (songs that were supposed to go to Checkicco or Sutei Shoujo?) and used them a bit too fast as he saw the theatre was working well.
    Then he ran out of material, but by then he was overtaken by the whole single-single-single-single-album-single-single-blah schedule the group had taken, so the stages were the last thing in his mind.

If Kuchibiru failing means we're getting the focus back to the theatre, I hope the next singles keep failing as much. :awesome:

What I'm wondering now is how tailored the stage will be for the whole team.
    They're supposed to be all personal and whatnot, but if only 16 girls are performing in the shonichi, that means the other 4 girls that won't get to perform aren't as important. :wtf:
    I hope they make like one or two extra units and change the unit section depending on who's performing each day or something.

Oh, well.
    Here's hoping it isn't postponed again.

3. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    Seeing Aki-P with all those CDs and list of songs makes my blood boil for that 70% done for Team S. Like c'mon guys?! :gavel:

Also I do feel a bit bitter since these stages should have been shelled out since 2012-2013. Management finally working on what they should have done years ago. (An original stage for Shinoda A would have been the best thing ever but they totally screwed it!)
    So did not selling 1M in a week gave them the wake-up call they badly much needed??

What was the title of the song playing in the video? I think it was listed as M13 cmiiw.
    It has nice lyrics. I hope it's included as the final song before the encore.

4. David B

David B Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I quite like how it sounds with this guy singing it; does anyone know who it is? And is this song the Stage title?

5. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Lol whatever, I'm not gonna forgive anyone. They've literally been spitting songs out for years since the last original stage.

With all the random b-sides we get on each 48G release, like c'mon.... Kibouteki Refrain and Kuchibiru each had like 10-12 songs total. And then we had all the solos and duets from the last couple albums...

It was clear that stage affairs were on their backburner. It wasn't a lack of material, but rather a lack of concern.

Meanwhile: whatever, we're getting new stages. So I'm gonna stop being mean.

6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

creating new stage is not on their top priority for the past few years....i felt bad for Team E, Team M and other teams still didnt get their original stage.

7. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    MTE. To quote 2ch: since there are definitely more than 11 new songs PER SINGLE, shouldn't each release be counted as a full album already? [hehe][hehe]

8. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    It's the group's sound director Tanaka Hironobu. The lyrics could indicate that this is the title song, but I didn't see any confirmation for that in the video.

By the way, I didn't notice until now that at the end of the video there are the words "We're not going to postpone it any more (this is the plan/planned)". [hehe]

9. trxsh

trxsh Member

I know I already said the song is so beautiful but.... I think the song in the promotional video is really beautiful! I can't stop listening :blink:
    I'm not really hardcore into ballads, but this one hits the spot. The lyrics are exactly the kind of AKB lyrics that I adore. I hope it's the title song like I suspect.
    I'll admit I was honestly not that excited for this stage, even though it's a new stage lol, just cuz I've never been into Team A (the only pre-shuffle AKB team I actually checked out sometimes was Team 4 though)
    But the silly "Aki-P's struggle" in the video aside, this song really did the trick of piquing my interest~ I hope the final version won't let me down; Mr sound guy is really delivering the feelings of the song nicely TT-TT

• Like Like x 1
  10. David B

David B Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Thanks for letting me know :)

11. fuyuchan1609

fuyuchan1609 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ogino Yuka
    Yeah, I'm really sad about Nishiyama's graduation :cry: She didn't stay very long, I barely had time to know her :/

12. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    the song is so beautiful and the video is great, but am I the only one who find that during the chorus it sounds like himawari no yakusoku by hata motohiro?

13. Kierukiel

Kierukiel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    minami takahashi ni sasagu ////
    cant wait for this haha x"D

14. Minowa Natsuki

Minowa Natsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Im in love with the song :D However the video is quite hilarious XD especially when the staff is running. If the girls were to sing this song, I think I'd still prefer this version :)

15. sungjong

sungjong Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    it seems like the Team A song on the 43rd single will have the same title as this stage. (maybe it'll be one of the songs from the stage).
    "M.T.に捧ぐ(AKB48 チームA新公演楽曲)" http://www.kingrecords.co.jp/cs/t/t7491/

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Guessing so since its a song on the Theater Edition.

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

[​IMG]

Poster for it.

18. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    ....the management isn't very big on subtle hints as of late, is it? :^^;:

19. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I have no idea what that image is supposed to mean.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  20. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Current Team A, and who will likely be in the stage.