1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    Junai no Crescendo: Kojiharu's position

Sent with Taptalk

2. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki

if the video does not show watch the video here

It's a good performance after all. At the very beginning seems Wasamin to take a while to follow the dance, hehe. But she rocked it, the other two girls were good too, the one in Takamina's position is so good looking. :drool:

3. edisonaguilar

edisonaguilar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    edsnaguilar
    @Arubaro That girl is Kato Rena aka Renacchi. ;)

I've got to say, I love this unit. Renacchi's mellow vocals blends well with Tanamin and Wasamin's powerful vocals. And wow Wasamin, why did I took long to notice you lol. Thanks to my kami-oshi being in this unit that I've got to discover this awesome girl. Not yet my oshi but she's surely climbing up my list. Got a new Wasamin fan over here. :D

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    I had two wishes & one theory going into Peace Team B's shonichi: my theory was she was going to center Kikyou, because she had done it at one of her LIVEs, a sort of practice, I thought. My wishes 1) let Wasamin finally center a sub-unit at this stage in her career & 2) please don't let Renacchi be ANYWHERE near Wasamin's sub-unit. Nothing against Renacchi, she's got a great voice & performs well in theatre, but I just don't like her at all.

So imagine my shock & disappointment when I see Wasamin line up next to Renacchi during intros...and later come out behind her for JunaiCrescendo...DISDAIN is putting it lightly. BUT, at least, having experienced my first A4 Tadaima Renaichuu stage & completely hating most of the songs, dances, costumes, JunaiCrescendo is pretty much the best part of the show. The song is GREAT, the costumes are dopey in the AKB sense, which makes it acceptable & fun, the dance is good, and putting Wasamin, Tanamin, & Renacchi in the same unit is an easy idea since their vocals mesh PERFECTLY. Also, *ahem* I think Wasamin has the lion's share of the vocals, which is pretty awesome-- like you can actually hear her track/vocals in the chorus. Idk if that's a Sayanee-level "distinctive voice" harmonizing or a Nozawa-Rena "non-complementary vocal" not harmonizing...Wasamin's voice certainly works towards the former in this song, but I'll admit I'm not entirely objective here, because of kami-oshi bias, so, y'know, maybe consult a vocal coach on that one.

...I still think Wasamin should center Kikyou since the vocals in that sub-unit are severely lacking [not even Nakki is enough to save it]...ALSO, Wasamin MCs are my lifeblood...of which, I don't think I'll get nearly enough. Also, this is my least favorite of the stages right now? So if this becomes the stage Wasamin mic-drops on, I will be disappointed, but begrudgingly cheerful for. [I'll post the rest of my Peace Team B shonichi thoughts in the Team B thread]

HIGHLIGHT: Wasamin's intro where she kinda owns up to not doing idol stuff for a LONG TIME, and focusing on big ass enka events to APPLAUSE.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  5. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    From Wasamin's twitter...

wasabb.jpg
    wasabbb.jpg wasab.jpg

I learned a long time ago not to have any expectations when it comes to Wasamin and AKB. As long as she is having fun as an idol then I am happy :)

6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Episode #40 of "Iwasa Misaki no Kōshiki Rajio" (2015/12/31)

Note: I thought they said Sato Amina would be a special guest this week. Perhaps it will be next week? We'll see.

7. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Live "Happy New Year" Performance at Yamano Music Ginza (with Mizumori Kaori & Hayabusa) 2015/01/02

wasaginza.jpg

Setlist (30 Minutes)
    1. Hatsuzake
    2. Toki no Nagare ni Miwo Makase
    3. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara
    4. Hatachi no Meguriai
    5. Gomen ne Tokyo

wasasginza3.jpg
    **Show was hosted by Nishiyori Higashi
    ** Wasamin in beautiful yellow kimono
    wasaginza1.jpg

And in case you missed it, Wasamin and her NagaraPro cohorts appeared on the Nep League New Year's Special Friday night...
    (I wish I could give you a report, but I was so tired that I fell asleep and missed most of it :mad: )

wasaginza5.jpg
    wasaginza9.jpg
    wasaginza7.jpg
    wasaginza6.jpg

And one more...Team NagaraPro

wasaginza4.jpg

8. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
  9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Forgot to mention the press was on hand to cover the Ginza show...

wasagoods2.jpg

And here is some of the Wasaswag we have to look forward to this week...

wasagoods.jpg
    (autograph board and sticker set)

10. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki NAGARA "N CHAN" New Year's Karaoke Pary (with Hayabusa) 2016/01/02

Songs performed
    Hitomi - Ohara Sakurako (2015)
    Kimitte - Nishino Kana (2010)
    Kimi ga Kureta Natsu - Ieiri Leo (2015)
    Silly - Ieiri Leo (2015)
    365 Nichi no Kamihikouki - AKB48 (2015)
    Hikkoushimashita - AKB48 (2010)
    Bokura no Eureka - NMB48 (2013)
    Jungle Gym - Yamamoto Sayaka (2012)
    Cinderella - Oku Hanako (2012)
    Nostalgia - Ikimono Gakari (2010)
    Yell - Ikimono Gakari (2009)
    Pride - Imai Miki (1996)
    Over Soul - Hayashibara Megumi (2001)
    Sayonara Memories - Supercell (2009)
    Ima, Hanashita Dareka ga Iru - Nogizaka46 (2015)

Special Backstage Talk

wasakara.jpg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  11. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    thanks for uploading...after Nostalgia is Yell by Ikimono Gakari in 2009
    and is there any chance that I can watch Nep League again?

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Thanks, I updated the setlist...

As for Nep League, the link a few posts above still works. That's the only place I have seen where you can watch it.

13. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Anyone know who arranges Wasamin's LIVE setlists? What about her NagaraPro LIVEs w/Hayabusa?

I watched a little of Nep League-- "Rugby." LOL
    ...but that beautiful dumbass Mizukawa Kiyoshi was dragging their team down like cement shoes

14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    FURAGE DAY!!!

japan161 123.jpg

Iwasa Misaki 5th Single Release Day Mini-Live & Handshake Event at Yoro-do (Asakusa) and Shimbashi SL Square, Tokyo (2016/01/05)

japan161 116.jpg

12:00 Setlist (Asakusa)
    1. Tomonoura Bojou
    2. Tsugaru Kaikyo Fuyugeshiki
    3. Hatsuzake
    4. Gomen ne Tokyo

japan161 119.jpg
    ***Special opening act: Minyo Girls
    http://talent-debut.com/talent-all/minyo_girls/

japan161 129.jpg

17:00 Setlist (Shimbashi)
    1. Hatsuzake
    2. Halloween Night (Enka Version)
    3. Kawa no Nagare no You Ni (Debut Performance)
    4. Gomen ne Tokyo

japan161 127.jpg
    ***Shimbashi event hosted by Nishiyori Higashi
    ***Wasamin's second time performing at SL Square (First time was for release of Mujineki)
    ***Surprise Guests: Nakamura Tamao and Tagawa Toshimi, both from Nagara Pro. Shimi is of course one of NagaraPro's enka singers. Tamao-san is a famous old-time actress. You might remember Wasamin appeared alongside her for an episode of Haru no Kuishin Boys back in 2012 where they cruised around Roppongi sampling various restaurants.

wasa1.jpg

***Wasamin was presented with a gigantic platter of 365 ebi to celebrate the release. Handshake event was delayed over an hour due to press coverage (and presumably to eat a few shrimp)

wasa2.jpg
    wasa3.jpg

EVENT REPORT
    Asakusa
    I have been here almost a week already, but this is the first chance I have had to see Wasamin in 8 months. So needless to say I was excited. I was halfway to Asakusa when my friend PMd me to say the queue was starting to get big. I stepped into the shop and per usual I got that "What does this lost foreigner need" look. I need Wasamin CDs! After her incredulous look and giggle I got entry #46, good enough for an aisle seat around 8 rows from the stage. I didn't realize until I got to the show that there would be an opening act...

I guess Minyo Girls is a new enka idol group being groomed by Nagara Pro. Extremely cute (you can click their link above), but still very green. Their setlist was a mix of very traditional sounding songs and a few pop sounding songs, although all of the singing is done in that very traditional style. And of course part of their appeal is the tiny little lead singer. They offered a group 2-shot if you purchased their CD (500 yen), so I went for it. Why not, right? So that was fun, and it was time for the main event.

Early Performance
    Wasamin came out a few minutes later, and as usual she was simply glowing. She always gets excited when her new CD comes out. It took her a few moment, but she spotted me and gave me a little acknowledgement.

She didn't debut any of her new songs, with the exception of Gomen ne Tokyo. Every year I say she has shown dramatic improvement in her performance ability, and this year is no exception. I was amazed. She is "stylizing" a lot of the lyrics, she is much more expressive. If I haven't said it before, she has definitely become a pro enka singer. It was my first time hearing Gomen ne Tokyo live, and it is a great dramatic song. The bonus was that she was looking straight at me for a full verse.

Handshake session #1
    I had two handshake tickets. For the first one Wasamin leaned forward and in a teary voice exclaimed "Chris-san sashiburi!" Wasamin I know, but I am going to be here for three months! "Hontoni???" Hai! I have rented an apartment in Tokyo! For the second handshake I told her a little bit more about where I was living, and told her I was look forward to many Wasa-events while I was here. She acknowledged that she understood my Japanese. In fact, many of the fans say my Japanese is getting better, although I still feel like it's horrible at best. I headed off to Ueno for an extended lunchbreak (and to activate my railpass for the week) before going to Shimbashi.

Shimbashi
    I love the idea of Wasamin performing here. Yes, the logistics are somewhat of a challenge since there are thousands of people walking through the square coming in and out of the JR station, but it also makes for an automatically huge audience. Even better was the fact that her performance was playing on the big screen that overlooks the square, also in plain view of the Keihin-Tohoku Line platform. This was also the press event, so there were many cameras set up behind and in front of the crowd. As for the new songs...

The performance
    Halloween Night (Enka version) sounds more like Halloween Night (SEXY version) since it is basically a slowed down version of the original. I don't know that I would call it enka. Kawa no Nagare no You Ni is done pretty much like the original. This song is somewhat of a challenge for Wasamin. It has a few parts of the verse that go into her lower register. In the debut performance she would either lose some of her projection or fall slightly off-key. So I really looking forward to how she handles singing it throughout the week. She hasn't done Ippome Ondo yet, but I have listened to the CD and am really looking forward to it.

After Nishiyori-san got her talking about her Ebi costume from the janken, out came Tamao-san and Shimi-san to present her with the 365 prawns. Wasamin was really touched, kind of mixed laughing and crying at the same time. Nakamura Tamao is so funny. For a woman pushing 80 she is just a barrel of energy, which is why she is so good on variety. She kept yelling at the crowd to buy the CD.

There was over an hour delay after the performance to the handshakes. Much of that was due to interviews and photo-ops for the press. However, I think it also was due to Wasamin munching on a few ebi. Finally she came out, and the line was really huge! Handshakes took almost 90 minutes.

Handshake session #2
    For the first handshake I asked her where my plate of shrimp was. She responded in English. "Chris-san, do you love shrimp?" Why of course Wasamin, I DO love shrimp. I eat it all the time! So that was our English handshake. For our second I wanted to tell her that I remembered her appearance with Tamao-san on TV a few years ago. Usually she replies with "You saw that???" But not this time, she basically told me that it was fun and she liked the food.

So that was Day one. We have a full week of Wasamin events. Today is in Saitama, and from there we head out of town to Fukuoka, Hiroshima, Osaka, Odawara, and back to Tokyo. It's a lot of travel time, but it will surely make for a lot of fond memories. So more reports to come.

15. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Wasamin and Tagawa Toshimi singing live on BS's premium songs 'Koi no Fugue' (originally by The Peanuts, 1967)

16. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Sexy version of Halloween Night...I look forward to my CD in the mail lol~

Besides that, u had quite the eventful day~

17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki 5th Single Release Week Day 2 at Aeon Mall Laketown, Saitama Prefecture. (2016/01/06)

wasasaitama 104.jpg

Setlist 13:00
    1. Mujineki
    2. Kawa no Nagare no You Ni
    3. Akai Sweet Pea
    4. Gomen ne Tokyo

Setlist 16:00
    1. Moshi mo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara
    2. Tsugaru Kaikyo Fuyugeshiki
    3. Halloween Night (SEXY version)
    4. Gomen ne Tokyo

****Wasamin wearing fiery red kimono. Well, since I have a pic...

wasasaitama 201.jpg

This is a huge mall. HUGE! And when I say huge, I mean it takes over 15 minutes to walk from one end to the other. The stage was set up on the far end of the mall. Couldn't get any further away from the train station without being in the parking lot. Despite that there was plenty of foot traffic. All the seats were filled, and plenty of people hanging from the upstairs rafters. Right off the bat they had some serious sound issues. The speakers carrying her voice to the crowd weren't working at all. However, Wasamin didn't realize this since the speakers were working fine aimed at her. She didn't even realize it until midway through the MC when they finally solved the issue. It made for an extremely funny moment. She was like "So this is the first time you are actually hearing me?" In fact there were a few funny moments today. Wasamin got "mad" at her manager regarding some of the bonus prizes for the fans. Later on she started razzing the MC for butchering the title of Moshisora.

There were lots of prizes to win today. 2-shot shamekai. 2-shot cheki, autograph "anything", autograph CD jacket, autographed cheki, autographed CD poster, autographed clear file. I had 5 handshake tickets, and actually won 4 out of 5 times. 2-shot shamekai, autograph anything, and two autographed clear files.

She sang the Misora Hibari song again. Marked improvement from the debut. I noticed that she still drops her projection in the beginning of the verse. However she does the same thing on the recorded track. So it is actually on purpose. I should know better than to doubt Wasamin's ability, right? Once again I noticed how expressive she is while performing Gomen ne Tokyo. This is one of the aspects of her performance I'm talking about when I say she has taken her ability to the next level. She is no longer clutching her fist to her chest so much. As good as she is, I don't think she was always completely at ease performing live. After all this time you can tell how easy it has become for her. I am amazed by her, because she is a total pro.

HANDSHAKES (Part 1)
    Wasamin announced the prizes midway through the first set, which got everyone enthusiastic about purchasing more copies. For my first handshake I told her how I waited all morning to see the TV reports about her event last night. After sitting through multiple reports about Kintaro's pending marriage (???), Wasamin's event was finally a topic on PON (with Mariko-sama and Kato Koji) Right off the bat I pulled the 2-shot. That ended up being the topic of our second encounter. Wasamin was trying to figure out how to congratulate me in English. Then when I pulled the autograph ticket she stopped talking to the person behind me to congratulate me again.

The nice thing was those 2 wins got me two more encounters with Wasamin. The first was to sign my CD, And now it is documented...

wasasaitama 103.jpg

Yes, Wasamin loves me. I actually suggested a marriage certificate, but we settled on the CD instead. I immediately came back up for my shamekai, and Wasamin suggested the "Nyan Nyan" pose. At the end of the day it was a nice pic. I was just happy to play with Wasamin a little longer. And it was time for lunch...

wasasaitama 102.jpg
    I promised Wasamin I would have some ebi for lunch. At Sushizanmai...

HANDSHAKES (Part 2)
    I led off by showing her our "Nyan Nyan" 2-shot. She was trying to tell me something, but there was this word I didn't understand. Luckily the fan behind me spoke some English, so he tracked me down to tell me that she wanted me to make the 2-shot my homescreen. I dutifully complied and went back up to show her, and it was time for another impromptu English/Japanese lesson. I got her to say "Homescreen", and she said something "gamen", which I heard as Kamen. I was like "Kamen? Kamen Rider?" I won the clear file, which I really needed to protect all the autograph boards I had. All this luck inspired me to buy one more CD, and with the handshake ticket I told her my bit about Halloween Night being a "sexy" version as opposed to an "enka version" Wasamin asked "Am I sexy?", obviously knowing how I feel. "I am sexy, Chris-san is cute" Fun tiems. I ended it by telling her I would see her in Fukuoka tomorrow. In fact, when she asked the crowd a surprisingly large number of fans said they were going to the Fukuoka event.

BTW, I won another autographed clear file. (I din't have time to photograph them, but I will post them later) So now we travel to Western Japan for Part Two of the tour.

wasasaitama 106.jpg
    My shinkansen bento. Ginger Pork and Minced Meat Cutlet, with a few Hi-balls to wash it down. Bullet Train bentos are just another of the awesome things about Japan.

It's a full week of Wasamin events, which will definitely be exhausting, but surely be a lot of fun. I made it as far as Osaka tonight, and it is on to Fukuoka tomorow morning for Day 3 of the Wasa-extravaganza.

18. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    omg she actually wrote "I love you"!~~ I'm excited for u lol.

I really like how u notice her improvement. Considering I don't follow her as much as u do, this makes me happy cause when she started out I was a little worried. She is an idol + she was in WH7...so I thought maybe it'd be awhile before she really gets the hang of "enka" (as a soloist at least)

19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Episode #41 of "Iwasa Misaki no Kōshiki Rajio" (2016/01/07)

Note: I might delay my Fukuoka event report because I am extremely tired

20. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki