1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 Tandoku Request Hour Setlist Best 100 2016 (16/01/16 to 16/01/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Management misjudged badly with the first draft and those girls have been paying for it ever since. It was a horrible idea to simply place new, untrained girls onto teams. First of all, what had they done to warrant taking time away from established members who already had a fanbase except be draft members? As soon as the initial buzz over them died down, there was nothing else to do with them. A few girls started to fit in as actual team members or had obvious natural talents to cultivate, like Gotou Moe. The rest faded into the background and became basic theater girls. I mean, at the time, management was focusing on pushing new gens and trying out new girls as centers, shuffling teams like mad and doing everything it could to spread its promotional materials very thin, which left no scraps for the draftees.

Fortunately, management learned from its terrible mistakes and the 2nd draft was put together much better. The girls became KKS instead of full members right away - which is exactly what should have happened with the members from the first draft. Just as notably, the pool consisted not of only green rookies but a lot of Baito AKB members who had already had some practice being AKB members. Their pushes were set up ahead of time, and they've so far been placed in much better positions across more types of media than the 1st draft girls ever got. I just can't help but feel sorry for those 1st draft girls, especially considering even 2nd draft members will be overshadowing them now.

As for Kiara, I knew from the beginning she wouldn't be a big hit, she's just not the type and I'm honestly pretty surprised she lasted this long. I just didn't think she had the idol chops.

2. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    Just because Jurina fans had tickets for AKB Tandoku RH doesn't mean they should vote for Akai Pinheel to Professor because Jurina asked them to? :awesome:

Alrighty then. Better start on sending the Memo. They should have just sold/auctioned all those tickets and made ¥¥¥ instead.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Yes apparently it didn't make a difference to Jurina and her fans whether it's (called) the AKB48 Tandoku Request Hour or the AKB48 Group Request Hour. As a Jurina fan already wrote before: AKB-only what is that?

4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Akb-only handshakes, what is that?

5. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Exactly, there is no point in adding voting tickets for an AKB-only event to an AKB48 Group single. Management insists on AKB48 Group singles. It's certainly not us.

6. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Like many have said. I only have problem with Jurina performing her solo is simply because she's no longer a kennin.

Nako can perform her new solo at 1 (B Kennin)
    Miyuki can perform Warukii at 1 (B Kennin)
    Sakura can perform Kanojo at 1 (A kennin)
    I don't care, because they're actual kennins.

It's definitely a mistake having Jurina, a non-kennin member being in Tandoku Request Hour.

I mean, they still have an SKE/AKB kennin in Ryoha, she could've take it and there'll be far less backlashes. (Whether she can perform the dance well is another matter)
    Jurina could actually show up, and said she's no longer a Kennin, and let Ryoha, who's a 4 Kennin to perform it in her place, which will imo, benefit SKE more than what just took place.
    1. It could've serve as a big initial push for Ryoha in Akihabara, Tokyo.
    2. Hako Oshi of SKE may become more fond of Jurina for actually pushing other girls forward
    Also note that Jurina is fond of Ryoha

Veteran girls that work hard to push other girls along generally do well. Sashihara, Minegishi, Takamina, Matsui Rena, Sayanee to name a few. People love "captains/leaders" that put their team/group before themselves.

My biggest question of all... Are AKB's staffs really so incapable at their job they couldn't see this backlash as a possibility?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Sae performed and she's not a kennin. :confused:

If Sae gets a pass, then Jurina gets a pass. :approve:

8. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Wait what?

If that's the case, guess there's another performer that shouldn't be there.
    So much for Tandoku Request Hour.:fp:

Isn't it interesting that Sashi seemingly have the most foresight when it comes to things like this, I don't recall she ever participated in a single "AKB only" events.

9. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The fans are not actually pissed because they're pissed at everything the management does... The decision making in the past few months have been more than questionable.
    It's like they're trying to play a "will you boycott or will you not?" game with their fans.

The bait and switch of picture event
    Takamina's graduation postpone
    inviting grad member into 43rd single (If they really want a 10 year anniversary, making it december release would've been ideal)
    And recently, this tandoku event being performed by non-akb/kennin members

I simply don't think it's the best idea to constantly pissing off their customers. Especially if it's very easily avoidable.
    A camel's back can only take so much straws.

10. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The winner would need to deliver a speech and show up on the cover of DVD. It would be weird if she were replaced by someone else. Remember this is the number 1 song, not a random low rank song.

11. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Well I definitely didn't consider that.
    Now that actually make this a lot more troubling

However. The alternative can happen as Jurina can give her speech, she can even give away the performance and be on the cover along with the performer.
    This is request hour, people are voting for the song, not the performer. (Not all original performers will perform the song, everyone already knew that)

Fans of Jurina have voted for Akai Pinheel because of Jurina, they could've save that for an even that Jurina is allowed to perform in, which is the 48G RH. (If the management actually respect the "tandoku" title)

The consequences would be
    1. Jurina fan don't' contribute to AKB tandoku
    2. If they did vote, they may get angry because Jurina didn't get to perform, that their anger will be lowered if Jurina gave away the performance to someone she picked voluntarily, heck, they may end up loving Jurina even more for the maturity she displayed.

No, you can't please everyone, but at least try to cushion as much as you can, or try and turn bad situation into your advantage.

12. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Need some passionate people in the manager's boardroom instead of trolls.

13. Jeff86

Jeff86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    Jeff86500
    Come on... everyone vote for their oshi at RH, not their favorite song. The fans generally ask their oshi what song she wants to perform and vote it. Or fans come together to send a message like they did for TeamB, Team4, etc.

It's not like Jurina fans specifically purchased the tandoku RH ticket to vote Jurina in, it was sold with the 48G RH. Sure, they could have chosen to vote for their (true) favorite AKB song but they went for their oshi which is completely understandable.

14. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    it's seriously stupid to cry about jurina performing a song that was written for her to sing it...

15. trxsh

trxsh Member

Some songs definitely rank for love of the song, super popular songs like KFC, Heavy Rote, but those aren't generally in the upper ranks lol. I think the reason they announced it as "original line-ups" aren't guaranteed is because they intended to utilise their new-gen AKB-only (without kennins) for the line-ups, and you'll notice for the majority of the concert this is what happened. The exceptions as far as I can see were the solos, I guess as the assumption is that fans want to see that member; 365nichi with some more of the original line-up and orig center, and kiseki, which I mean. It's not like this is a recent release, it's a stage song from 2010, a huge request hour song for years, people are not voting for the song.

I do feel pretty sorry about it if people are upset that Sae was there though.
    Well, Naana made this tweet saying it was her dream since starting AKB (or something along those lines lol) https://twitter.com/fujitanana_1228/status/689080063472611330 And of course T8 Yuriyan is a big Sae fan. I was pretty worried about it until I saw that; it's too bad ppl put so much weight on group affiliation to the point that they miss really sweet moments like that ; ; In group rh the kiseki line-up will be different, presumably SKE members like last year.

And I already said what I thought about J winning, even though it's ironic that it came first, the heckling was not ok in my books.

I wish people could at least laugh about it lol, imo idols are entertainment and should be taken at least a bit more lightheartedly. It's understandable that people would be annoyed with a result they disagree with, but people are here still genuinely seething days after the fact. For the rest of the concert it looks like the AKB-only members that everyone wanted to see really put on a good show.

16. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

Since when has management ever needed a sister group ace to hold a concurrent position in AKB to include her in AKB events even when labeling them as AKB only events? Additionally why are so many people upset with Jurina? Jurina who is more an AKB member at this point in time than 75 percent of the group itself's own roster. Jurina who has been an active part of AKB outside of their theater since the age of 11. Jurina who held the longest concurrent position in AKB history. In the same manner that I'd hate to see Mushi no Ballad rank #1 and be performed by someone other than Akimoto Sayaka I'd hate seeing Jurina's solo song take that rank and then be virtually slapped in the face by management sending someone else out to perform it.

17. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Because management f'd up with naming an AKB48 Only event and didn't CYA with loopholes that got exposed. So we got to blame someone... Bullseye = Jurina, why? "She won" on MANAGEMENT'S f'up... and 8th place, nobody cares about 8th place (who also benefit from MANAGEMENT'S f'up).

That should sum it up. :awesome:

18. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

So, now the answer to the question...
    ... simple, people HATE her. Hate, dislike, despise, loathe, etc, etc, etc.

Glad, we all cleared that up. Now, back to the "hate Jurina" posts! :banana:

19. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    i know she's not an akb member, i'm not that stupid :p it's just, you know, boring to see how people are still butthurting about it. it's okay to say "man it's not right that she won because of various reasons" but not okay to write such things like "mat$ui jurina" and stuff. it's just boring to see how almost all the events have this "wow lets hate on jurina" talks for fricking pages. then let's go and go hate sayanee too, and sakura (i fricking could do this since i strongly dislike her but i don't do it because it would be fricking childish). and whoever was there on an AKB ONLY event.

and reacting to a previous post of someone, if it's akb only then ryoha shouldn't be there either. remember how she's a ske member first and just THEN kennin with akb. whatever.

20. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I don't see it. We noted that for this event, there were generally no kennins allowed, and then management made exceptions for the solo songs (because who else), and for the last day of the Request Hour (for what ever reason). Then Jurina won, so the discussion naturally focused again on Jurina. If you expect people to 'hate' on each and every of these kennin girls, I think you overestimate the appetite of the fandom for hate or their desire to go out and post about it. It's Jurina that won and took the win from Team 8. None of the other girls did that. No reason to be upset with them.

Some people say why is Sae not criticized, or why is Ryouha not criticized. The answer is that most people don't hate on specific girls, people just dislike the system.

In fact there are many people who dislike the system, but still love one or more kennin girls. There are many people like that and I don't think there is a reason for them to dislike a girl just because they are a kennin.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016