1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. rabyo

rabyo Kenkyuusei

2. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

I'm fine with Sakura centering over the grads. They left, she's still here so........

At this point people should just deal with AKB being JPN. There's no point complaining bc this is the reality now. It is not good planning long term wise for younger AKB members but AKS just want to get as much yen as they can.

That aside....I'm more upset about Sayanee ugly ass hair in that performance.....ew......

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    @MayuMK30048
    Because this single has sooo many sides and on top of that Nogi....Nogi all the way + NGT
    Kinda wanted a Keyakizaka side too but oh well :chuffed:

4. rikasa

rikasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    While Sakura is probably my least favorite of the senbatsu members, I still think she's a good choice for a center. Ignoring all else about Sakura, she's cute, charming, and very popular. The single will look super good with her in its center - congratulations, Sakura!

I'm more concerned with this choice from a marketing perspective. Like others have pointed out, Sakura-center doesn't really match up with the 10th Anniversary Special!!!!!!!!!!! that management used to justify bringing back grads. It took me a really long time to come around to the grads decision and accept this as the 10th Anniversary Special!!!!!!, but it's a good marketing strategy and definitely valid, so there you go. But if management is going to go through the effort of setting up this single as the 10th Anniversary Special!!!!!!, I'd expect them to follow that line of thinking all the way through. Maybe that means an Acchan center takeover, maybe that means a 4 Queens of SSK center, maybe that means a YuiParu or Miion center as a "new gens are here" thing. Sakura? While she's new gen, she doesn't quite strike me as representative of 48G as it has been and will be. She doesn't quite fit the dramatic "new gens are here" OR the "10 years it was great" mold, and those are the two ways I could see this single being proposed.

Others have raised some pretty good counterarguments - yes, AKB48 is all about sister groups now, yes Sakura is a young and promising ace - so I can see this single working out really well. (I mean, obviously it will sell super well, but I mean working out from a marketing perspective also.) That being said, I kind of worry what management is thinking lately with this sort of logic...it seems like it's just a series of nice gimmicks that will work well, but don't seem to mesh together. Where is the strategy?

tl;dr - yay for Sakura, she'll be amazing, but she doesn't match the 10th anniversary special single promotional message to me. is management just pulling gimmicks without a real strategy now? or maybe you guys have an explanation for how it could all still match up?

• Like Like x 2
  5. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

The song sounds so good tbh
    can't wait to see the PV & covers

6. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Tried my best to put aside by Sakura bias - or lack thereof - so my apologies if it comes through

I personally wanted a Yui center. Or YuiParu. It'd be symbolic of the transition from Taka era (Be my baby) to the Yui era. But I suppose it's no use now.

It would seem that there are two different ways to view this single - is it a tribute to the past or turning the page to a new era? The grads coming back make it seem like the former, but new gen Sakura makes it seem like the latter, so perhaps management is trying for some warped version of both? Personally I don't like it - it feels rushed and disorganized to me.

Just some thoughts~

7. SophieShiori

SophieShiori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Enjoying the sound of this song, despite the recording being a bit rough :p
    Also, surprised by Sakura as center (though somewhat relieved it's not a grad center!) but tbh not that interested. Thinking about it, she does actually seem like the obvious choice. I'm just going by last sousenkyo ranking for a list of the obvious 'contenders' as a rough indication of most prominent members, since I won't go through them all (I'm not getting involved with lots of recognition stats etc, this is very much a rough indicator, just to reiterate!)
    As a breakdown of kami-7:
    1. Sasshi is not going to be chosen by management as center - I believe Aki-P actually said that to her once (it might be in her book?). I mean, if they were going to choose her as center, they would have by now. Equal number of wins to Acchan and Yuko under her belt. But she's an HKT member, not even kennin. I actually reckon this is what is meant by the line '年に一度のカーニバル' - once a year, the public decides, and someone management won't choose as center comes out on top :p
    2. Yuki is great, but they've just never been keen on pushing her as center (see her screen time in Green Flash :() and she is one of the older members anyway, so it would be very much an 'old folks' single with the grads as well :p
    3. Mayuyu's push as center has calmed down massively since she won - KR was the last of it.
    4. Takamina - graduated, no reason to treat differently to other graduates, it would have been an awkwardly drawn out goodbye.
    5. Jurina - cancelled kennin, so SKE only. Plus very strongly associated as SKE's center - all their eggs in one basket if she's the center of 2 groups!
    6. Sayanee - the other potential choice (in my mind), though strongly associated as NMB's center (see above). Plus she is a bit older than ideal for the image of a 'new gen' center. Still young, yes, but not that young for an idol.
    7. Sakura - young, so balances out the 'old gen', harking back to golden age etc feelings, kennin with AKB, not strongly associated as HKT's center, vote count has soared year on year.

Disclaimer: I'm not super involved in AKB, I don't know all the ins and outs. This is just from my observations. Please don't get offended if you disagree with what I'm saying, of all the members I've listed above, Sakura is in fact my least favourite, and I've discounted some of my oshis in her favour in this analysis! But this is really just what I think. :)

8. Smartiesdoodle

Smartiesdoodle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Well I just hope the single PV theme won't be look like kibouteki refrain versi 2.0
    We already have "pass that batton" theme yesterday, so lets just not repeat that again..

^
    And yeah I really agree with you, sasshi is a kind of Idol who will be getting pushed by fans, not management. So outside from senbatsu..I personally don't think she will ever be a center out of management decision. We're getting used to it LOL

ye yes I think jurina is really focusing to bring SKE up with her now..

@mochichan not only sayanee, as a girl I personally think that most of the girl's hair are ugly..what's wrong with their hair stylist LOL. :D:D

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  9. junjou19

junjou19 Member

OMFG. Over 100 girls in AKB48 and apparently none of them are worthy of the center position of an AKB48 single. Every time I think management couldn't screw up any worse, something like this happens.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Xanthon

Xanthon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanakamiku
    When Sasshi first won SSK in 2013, she said she asked AkiP if SSK is rigged. AkiP told her that if it's rigged, he would never have Sasshi win it. So yea, basically Sasshi will never be center outside of winning SSK.

It's kinda late for them to push Kashiwagi as center now and she doesn't need it anyway. Her career is pretty much secured.

Mayu pretty much failed after she won SSK in 2014. She's attractive, fan loved and all but not center material. She just doesn't have the center charisma.

Sakura is the only logical choice. Being the youngest Kami7 with a long career ahead of her.

• Like Like x 1
  11. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

I agree!
    i think paruru's situation is same; she is too salty with fans, her rank went down, i think she'll end up like Tomochin/Mariko (Strong senbatsu members but not center)
    Miion just start to get use being senbatsu member and i think it's too early for her centering
    Jurina is no longer AKB kennin
    and Sakura doing great in SSK

12. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

The way I see it is, if you're going to include kennins, Sakura is definitely the #1 choice. Best handshakes and best SSK position for any new gen/young member. (I know Jurina is still young too, but she's not new gen at all so I don't count her, plus she isn't kennin anymore).

If you want to choose only AKB, miion is the best choice. Atm AKB is going to include kennins/sister group members no matter what, so the choice is the best choice that they can make now.

And to all the fans who are skipping this single... do you people seriously not care even 1% about the actual music?? lol
    Or are you all so butthurt at who center will be you actually refuse to listen/like it? Because most of you that said you are "done with this single" did so without ever hearing it...

I don't know, but even if I don't like the center, or even if I don't like any senbatsu members at all, if I still like the music I still like the single. But I guess people like me who care about the music first are becoming more and more rare...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    -The concept for this single is "what if happened to AKB if the graduates didn't graduated?"
    -Sakura got the center.
    GREAT ANSWER!!

And i´m kinda happy for Sakura getting the center instead any graduate... yet i don't like that this center isn't a AKB original member...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. PALEMOCHI

PALEMOCHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    i would've preferred mion centering over sakura :gavel: but w/e

15. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Seriously, such a dedicated hater. Boring. Move on. Get over it.

16. Xanthon

Xanthon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanakamiku
    Mion is on her way. But it's still too early now. She's only been in AKB for just over 2 years. They gonna grind her a little more, soak up her experience. At the moment, mion is the obvious successor to Sakura but anything can happen.

17. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Meh.

I wish that I could say more, but I'm so disgusted that I can't even type much. Is this really a SSK voting single? I don't want to spend my money on it.

18. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    @Kinenbi It's not a ssk single, this one is for handshake events.
    The ssk single it's the summer one (so 44th or 45th)

19. Atsu-nee

Atsu-nee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    Sakura The New centre of AKB48 single...
    Akb have a big problem if they can't choose a real AKB and put her in the front.

I think That Sakura prefer AKB that HKT, but AKS don't want to make angry HKTFANS

20. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Wow. A lot of hubbub over who's going to be the center. I've listened to the fan recording of the new song and once my ears stopped bleeding as a result of the poor quality of the recording, I thought to myself, ''another great song coming up from the greatest act in music today''. We'll be listening to the girls do this song for, hopefully, years to come. Who cares who centers it really?