1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Okay that was definitely Kojimako there. At the back at 0.22. Was somebody else missing? o_O

2. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

and Tomu

okay after watching carefully, its a 21 nin formation, as in they didnt have 2 formations (with and without the grads). Therefore someone are definitely bumped up to the better spots (probably Paru and Nyannyan) while the subs take the back row

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Wtf is that dance? :fp:

The bsides better be the bomb.

4. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

b-sides are always da bomb... IMO

5. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

The dancing reminds me of a mix of Labrador Retriever and KFC

6. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    A little late to the party - sorry lol~~

Sakura solo center...ok. I really did try at one point to become her fan but something was always off about her to me. I don't mind her tho. I think as the years pass I'll grow to like her more.

Overall tho, I'm here for the pictures now lol. SKE's song might be the only thing I look forward to (I would add NMB, but it might turn out to be another Sayaka+others thing lol). If NGT's song doesn't impress me then I might just ignore them until their debut single comes out. The NogiXAKB song might be interesting, but I've always been a fan of the "Rival" aspect, so I don't like it that much when they interact officially.

The A-side does sound like it'll be good. Dance is...questionable lol

7. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I do not like the song....the "kimi wa melody~ harmony~" part sounds so weird....

It is Kojimako. The number was over the lineup so other members might've joined in too.

8. SophieShiori

SophieShiori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Lol the dance reminds me of what paruru does at the end of eien pressure :p

9. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

I came to the conclusion that when they released the atrocity that is knbmb they must've been thinking, "who cares about the song, it's Takamina's last single, so you better make sure you buy it!", so I was afraid they'd do the same with this one, with the anniversary and the grads, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Other than the intro that sounded like a combination of snippets from other songs (again), I'm already in love with the chorus, now I just hope I don't get bored of it after a few listens like with some songs.

Yeah, not a fan of the Sakura center, but I'll live.

It looks like they went with more casual and classy outfits so the grads would feel comfortable wearing it, since I remember some of them commenting how weird it was to wear those idol costumes. But it could be just coincidence. Though it's funny how whenever I like their costume, the majority here seem to hate it and when I find the costumes hideous (GF hip-hop costumes *barf*) everyone else is raving about it.:lol:

10. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

I'm ecstatic that Sakura is center for this solo. Some people are saying its not fair etc.. but you can't deny from managements perspective it makes sense. Management has push various members in the past but how many of them have been as receptive as Sakura's? Also I keep seeing people state that shes not from AKB. Have you guys forgotten her Kennin position? Not to mention the whole motion of AKB and sister groups have really lost its meaning. With so much cross over these days its pretty much the AKB48 "GROUP".

11. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Once again the song (what little bit was shown) sounds amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Punkish

Punkish Kenkyuusei

Chorus sounds catchy :omfg:

13. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

and its all about the "music"... Right guys? [hehe]

14. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    yea I'm totally buying this song as a hitmaker and will make up for the garbage that was the 42nd single

15. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    well, at this moment, i'm calling this song the weakest akb single lol

16. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I love how like a month ago everyone was like ARGHHHHHHH WHY ARE THE GRADS IN THIS SINGLE

and now... y'all are like DAMNNN I WANTED TO GRADS TO BE CENTER, NOT SAKURA

Make up yo mind.

Either way: that dance is messy af. but the song sounds decent.

Also: you know who you are, but calm down and don't be an ass just because I missed the link amongst a swirl of other posts. Lord.

• Like Like x 2
  17. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

I liked the preview of the song. Lets see how it goes.

18. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

Like what I heard so far from the songs, seems catchy and quite mellow which just fit me personally atm.
    Cannot wait to buy it <3 For the song and dear Sakura center!

Make up for the huge letdown with 42nd single.

19. leoASH

leoASH Kenkyuusei

Surprised in here..no one mention why sakura could be center of this song...since this is the sakura single..what is better way for her sole single other than sakura single lmao..at least the aong sounds descent...
    The grad members...I hope they maybe just feature in mv or live performance for big stage only...since i hope they will make more other akb young gen to sub for it..

20. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Okay, I'm just going to talk about the positions.

I used to have a problem with Sakura I disliked her a lot.. i remember talking to ithebigc about it and after hearing her story and looking into her activities, I eventually came to like her. All that being said, I'm two sided on this center.

On one side, I'm disappointed because well, its the 10th anniversary AKB single. I would would have liked to see an AKB member center it, not a HKT kennin. I wasn't expecting Jurina or Sayanee to center it, so of course I didn't expect Sakura to center either, but here we are. Now, I what upsets me is that a member who did not debut within AKB is centering the song. At the very least, I would have been okay with it if she transferred to AKB (but we all know that won't happen because AKS are getting double the 30/30 handshake results from kennins like sakura and sayanee which means more money).
    In my honest opinion, i dont think sakura can do anything else for hkt, and hkt can't do anything for her, so I would rather management transfer to akb full time and make her excel there. To me right now, shes an AKB member with a KIV kennin.

That being said, I love that a new gen member (well, its debatable, but shes not even 20 and has a good few years ahead of her) is the one to center the 10th anni single. To me that shows that they're ready to take the next step and say that one last goodbye to the members of christmas past. I would have liked for the "new gen" members to be more prominent but at the same time we all have to come to terms with the fact that akb is just a franchise name now which includes all 48g, so senbatsu kennins will be above akb undergirls. Sakura has been rising constantly since debut and since being pushed that has skyrocketed. On a marketing stance, management would be stupid to not use that to their advantage and push her as the next ace. Shes a cute girl with a big mind and heart for 48g so i feel like if there is any new gen member who should lead akb (apart from paruru lol) it should be her.

I do however feel annoyed at the position of my own oshimen Sayanee and Paruru... 3rd and 4th row? really?? For someone who has stayed in kami 7 for 2 years running, and for someone who has been pushed as the next akb ace for so long, i would have expected better. I'm also sad for Sasshi. She's literally the NUMBER ONE MEMBER OF 48G and she's in 4th row for the 10th anniversary single?? Honestly this upsets me more than anything else about the single. Unfair. To me that's a huge slap in the face for her. I also feel like they could have added Naachan and Tomu but hey ho.

As for the song itself, i haven't listened to it lol so i'm gonna do that now.

edit there are a lot of mistakes in this but i cant be bothered to correct them BUT it makes sense so :):):):):)

EDIT 2: Listened to the song... its a little bland but it's okay for a sakura single i guess lol. The dance is boring but again, it's a sakura single so i dont expect much lel

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016