Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Yes. But if you look at it that way you will end up with the same situation as AKB's first generation (original team A).

Team K will have a special ceremony to celebrate their creation (I think, and I'm glad for it), but team A celebration never actually existed, because it was AKB's creation (theater debut) celebration, and not, team A creation celebration.

From that logic, AKB will never have a special celebration just for them. Why? Because like you said, it would be a AKB Group celebration, while SKE, NMB, HKT, NGT will have their own, "private", celebration. Is that fair? In my opinion no, but it's something that it has been happening for a long time now, so, at least it is expected.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  2. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Now we just need AJ styles that comes in and make everyone cheer.
    Okada Nana

3. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

As opposed to the national idol Jurina?? hahahaha

I mean really, do you just use google fucking translate for your ridiculous trolling now?
    90% of that thread is talking about plastic surgery and mayuyu calling her a plastic surgery monster... only 3 or 4 posts the entire thread don't know who she is...

1/10... its like a joke that's run its course at this point (your trolling posts)

4. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

The problem is that AKB itself doesn't have an AKB A side only single, unlike HKT, NMB, or SKE.
    For comparison, Okada Nana (AKB) had 0 participation either as media senbatsu or 16-nin senbatsu. Kojimako (AKB) had 1 (in early 2014). Shibuya Nagisa (NMB), although 0 as AKB, but 4 as NMB. Ryoha (SKE) and Mio (HKT) 6 times as senbatsu in their respective group.
    The song that is pushed to the masses is the A side single, thus when a new song came out, only those that in the A side single senbatsu got air time from the MV thus those that in senbatsu can reach out to more people. Combined with the events that the senbatsu attends to promote the single, even those that only a senbatsu member in sister groups should become popular relatively easier vs non senbatsu member.
    Of course I'm not saying that those that in senbatsu automatically become popular, it just that they have more chance to become popular. While on sister group with lesser amount of member got 16 spot for senbatsu, AKB members right now with a larger member got 10 spot. Not only AKB members got smaller chance to participate in a A side single, with 43rd single, even the center goes to sister group. And exactly because this is the 10th year anniversary single, it would be more appropriate for the center to be an AKB member.

Personally I get what the management thinking by putting Sakura as the center (because she is the most popular young member and a lot of fans demanded young member to be given the chance), but the timing is really bad for a sister group member to center an AKB song. Even Sayanee with all her popularity haven't centered an AKB A side.

5. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

I have a question. There are 6 days of handshakes so those who got 4slots per day should have 24 slots instead of 25 no? If did they arrange it differently?

6. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    It's only 5 days of handshake.

7. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    @natsunishi didn't know it was you lol it's just it kinda hit me reading your comment, that's all

It's like that: if you put as center an old gen or someone who was center people will be like "Let other shine you stupid!" but if you put someone new they'll be like "she doesn't have any experience!! Where's ~ex-center name~ ? She was better!"

I think management understood that and it doesn't matter if the member is new, old, from akb/ske/nmb/hkt, as long as the single sales it's all good.

8. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Wow Katomina got 20 slots??!!! That's great!!!! I wonder when will she get 30 slots

9. achanoshiJKT

achanoshiJKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    I might be mistaken your sentence but isn't that the case? IIRC Paruru said (in some interview of BWT single) that Aki-P ask the member if she wants to be the center of the song. So I think It WAS Sakura's decision to center this single. Correct me If I'm wrong or misinterpreted the news (I forgot the source though) ;)

10. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Yeah it's true. Aki-p sends out an email to the member he choses as center and ask them if they are okay with it, he doesn't force them to be center.

Don't know what you're talking about. Wasn't that supposed to show how modest she is? So I wouldn't know why you would take issue with that.

Sakura:
    でも、レコ大の時にみた高みなさんや先輩たちの涙を見て、私も何かAKBGにできることはないかと考えていました。
    あのポジションでは、足を引っ張ってしまうかもしれないけど、「君はメロディー」の曲の良さを色んな方に感じてもらえるよう、私らしく表現したいと思います!

皆さん、温かく見守っていてください。そして、私を支えてくれたら嬉しいです。。

=

But, after having seen the tears of Takamina-san and the senpais at the Record Award, I have/had been thinking about whether there isn't something that I could do for the AKBG.
    I might drag everybody down in that position, but I want many people to feel the goodness of the song Kimi wa Melody by expressing it in my own unique way!

Everyone, please look over me with warm eyes. And I would be happy if you would support me..

Or did you really want me to translate that as: I might pull everyone's leg in that position? Because that would be the literal translation, wouldn't it?

11. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Why would anyone in their right mind refuse anyway, lol. Its only logical if Sakura accepts it if she ever got asked at all. They clearly didnt ask Sakura to center KR, they just announced it in the janken. Plus as you can tell things goes by differently with Paruru
    oh, thanks

12. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    Okay, that's cool. But I'm pretty sure she was not the only one who accepted. So, in case there are more girls that accept to be center, who decides the final result ?
    and let's be real, who doesn't take the chance to be a center when 99% percent of the girls want that ?

13. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    yea was gonna say what nana fujita had to do with anything?aside of that nonsense sakura damn well better had taken the chance to be in the greatest position in all of 48g.i guess she was suppose to refuse the offer to make a bunch of people she doesn't know exist that hate her happy.get the fuck out

14. Explorerdk

Explorerdk Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Or it could be -

"でも、レコ大の時にみた高みなさんや先輩たちの涙を見て、私も何かAKBGにできることはないかと考えていました。
    あのポジションでは、足を引っ張ってしまうかもしれないけど、「君はメロディー」の曲の良さを色んな方に感じてもらえるよう、私らしく表現したいと思います!
    However, during the Japan Record Awards, looking at Takamina-san and the other senpai's tears, I was thinking, "Isn't there something that I can do for the AKB48 Group?"
    Standing in that position, I may be holding others back, but I hope to show and help people feel the merits of Kimi wa Melody in my own way!
    皆さん、温かく見守っていてください。そして、私を支えてくれたら嬉しいです。。
    Everyone, please watch over me warmly. Also, I would be delighted if you can hold me up.."
    Source: http://translate48.blogspot.dk/2016/01/miyawaki-sakura-google-january-25-2016.html?spref=tw

Depending on the translator...

So which one is correct ? :)

I rather like the last one... it sounds more like Sakura.... but hey.... that's just me :)

- Expdk

15. emiche.

emiche. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    People here act like AKB48 was 48 group since Jurina came along but until Manatsu no Sounds Good! that the sister groups really entered AKB48 single apart from WMatsui. You have to wait until Ebikachu for SayaMilky to join and the other came way later. So no AKB48 was not always 48 Group. And even when it started it was just 1 out of 16 then 2 out of 16 so it's not a lot. Then suddenly Acchan is gone and the singles are flooded with sister groups members and kenin and transfer and so on. So of course AKB48 fans were a little bit annoyed. These girls have a lot of chances in their own singles and releases but AKB girls only have that chance.
    For this single I am a bit disappointed that they made the grad came back and didn't make them center in the end. But I don't mind Sakura centering (of course for the 10th anniversary single it's a bit annoying but well). Sakura is starting to get really popular and she's not that bad even if her last year speech wasn't really for my taste.
    I pity middle and new gens who are and were crushed between old gens and pushed girls/kennins. They didn't have the chance to grow like the old gens did. Because they want to stay relevant they keep this girls in the shadows to only focus on the girls they think will be popular they don't let the girls become popular on their own like they did in the past. The firsts gens made their personalities during tv shows and events and concerts and the group grew with them that's why they became that big and popular. Now 48 has too many members for one to really rise among the others by themselves that's why they push some girls to the max. The only problem is that they don't go for variety like they did in the past they only push pure/innocent/cute type of idols.

Anyway I like the song I'm still excited for the single (especially for NGT song and the AKB/NGZK song and also to see the grads in AKB again)

16. Kawamoto-san

Kawamoto-san Kenkyuusei

Wasn't Kachuu released a year before Manatsu?

17. rabyo

rabyo Kenkyuusei

I saw young member come out AKBingo since 2012-now. But staffs is so kind with young members. They didn't really prank often same as old members.
    They did is like more game show than variety show now.

18. emiche.

emiche. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Yes it did but they were just in this single. Only Sayanee stayed and she wasn't there for singles that year. They became regular around Manatsu.

19. SophieShiori

SophieShiori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I imagine Aki-P has his first choice center, and asks her first, rather than offering to multiple girls? I mean, he probably has back-up choices, but it wouldn't make any sense to make multiple offers of center at once; just ask x member, and if she turns it down, then speak to y. Don't offer to both x and y as that could only lead to confusion and disappointment. And yes, I highly doubt anyone would turn down center (beyond maybe paruru [hehe]) since it's so prestigious and offers a huge chance, even if it comes with a lot of responsibility.

20. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    'I may be holding others back' makes it sound as if she is actively trying to sabotage the efforts of others.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hold back

And well I certainly wouldn't translate it like that.

edit: ops I didn't see that it wasn't you who translated that but someone else. Actually in that case the translation is just fine.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016