Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    HMMMMMM.... Well, how bad can it be?? Not like it's gonna SUCK like the last single. Yeah - shooting fish in a barrel after that "Victory Lap Single" (Just My Opinion) ended the Million in a week streak. I guess we really are in a NEW Era of AKB.

YES, I've been here the whole time, yes I didn't say anything for 5 months intentionally..... But this NEW Bolder vision of Sakura as AKB Royalty?? I'm Loving It!
    YUM, YUM, YUM!!! So Epic & Dreamy to see Acchan, Yuko, & Sakura as the PILLARS of AKB
    Acchan (2009-2012) Past
    Yuko (2012-2014ish) Recent Past/Present
    Sakura (2015- and BEYOND!!!) (Present/Future)

So what? Jurina & Paruru are like Sakura's pillars? (Envoys) big sisters?

I LIKE This!! AKB is really all about the money - Perhaps if the last single had sold MORE!!! (wonder why it didn't??) We'd have a different Vision? THIS is the EXTREME Opposite of AKB playing it safe- They went-on WOTA Mode!! ACCHAN and YUKO and the cherry on top SAKURA!! It's like AKI-P is saying....OK, OK, We Know what You Like....Here's BOTH PAST & FUTURE combined!!!! Nice!

The Sad & realistic truth....
    This probably means the Jurina / Paruru / Mayu wars era is over....atleast from a "Era" ACE of AGE point of view.

What HKT & now NGT has taught AKS is that YOUTH & Freshness is the "new Ground Game" - They waited too long to groom Jurina that she became the Establishment by 16. Mayuyu never really had a Bonkai (2nd act) she hatched waaaaay to early. Paruru while a news maker, exciting character, & Idol's Idol of the younger Next Gens- She w/ Yokoyama (Capt) will be a better Mentor/ Big sister anyway. Paruru never wanted "Ace" anyway....so WE Look to the Future!!!! Sakura, Mako, Okada Nana, Team 8 gals, those NGT cherubs....maybe even Komi-Haru?? (you've noticed the Push Engine sounds recently?).

The NEXT Single is the Election Single!!! BIKINI's!! NEXT GENS!! NEW ERA!! Plus, there's gonna be Back-Lash from the AKB for AKB ONLY girls contention.

I said this in 2013 - There is NO "waiting list" - NO One deserves Anything & AKB will promote & favorite what they want - they've seen how fast a group like HKT & NGT can grow just based on the Appeal of "NEW" Youth & exciting new Girls... DON'T Look for any more "back pats" & Victory Laps - They can either nurture what they got or Grow the NEXT AKB - where does the future lie? In girls that could all graduate tomorrow?? Or girls that still have 3-5 years left of Magic to share?

Lastly... I'm kinda sad to see Sae (SKE) go. No Really- she kinda grew on me. I'll miss her Cheshire Cat smiles. Glad she's going out on a High Note w/ Acchan & Yuko.

Can't wait to vote in the STAGE48 - Idol Rankings ..... Continental SHIFTS are coming I think

2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I actually just tought of something useful about this MV. You can use this MV as a showcase for a new TV! Especially if they recorded it in 4K, combined with all that colors, it would be a great showcase in an electronic/TV store :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    That's a good idea!!! *praying that it will really happen so i can say "hey look that's AKB my fav pop group" instead of just looking at chicken-thigh k-pop idols and wondering "where j-pop at"*

4. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Have no interest in anything Sakura. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. hotman

hotman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    INDEED and love the quotes "AKB48G's Present Girl Going Forward, with the Past Glory Support Behind Them" :1st::1st::1st::1st::1st::1st::1st::1st::1st::1st::1st::1st::1st::1st:

6. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    actually, it's doctors order and Aki-P's advice. so, don't accused Paruru of using her "medical condition" to neglect her job. besides, why would Paruru want not to be included and have screentime in such an important single in AKB anyway?

and back to KwM. I would agree to others. though we haven't seen the full PV yet. the PV is visually appealing but it's shallow imo. compared to what it symbolizes. yeah, it will remind you of past AKB Singles. because they re-enact some scenes in past AKB Single. but that's just it. I actually thought KwM will pull off a "old gen" style of PV. where it tells a story and clearly deliver the message it want to sent to their fans or to anyone who would watch it. and maybe it's one of the reason. why the fans doesn't bitch that much about the screentime in the old gen era. AKB PV's right now are 'meh' so, it's no wonder. why the fans notice more the screentime of the members. rather than appreciate the PV.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  7. Ai Radium

Ai Radium Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

Well, now is Sashi Era - in my opinion, this era is as controversial as Sashi... and as you said - The WOTA Mode era~

So, when talked about Sashi -> HKT48 -> Sakura

OMG Conspiracy~!!

=p just kidding~

8. Shizuka Honekawa

Shizuka Honekawa Kenkyuusei

Even in this half of the MV the symbolism is intricate, maybe an inside joke, or presented at a higher level for those who want to look and question the things in each scene. Some of them have particular meaning in old Chinese culture.

Referring to another persons work/comments elsewhere on the video that they updated - there is 'Golden Lotus', 'White Lotus', different colored flowers/lotus, a Phoenix, Autumn contrasted with Spring, and the fact that Sakura appears together with no persons other than Aachan & Yuko, except where others are well in the background, there is other symbolism/items in there as well yet to be interpreted. Rather than boring this MV is packed with objects and contexts delivering a story and meaning. And it is only half the MV. The Director is quite the educated person.

The first half of the MV will no doubt complete the jigsaw of meaning. This single is very interesting.

9. Punkish

Punkish Kenkyuusei

The obssesion of this forum with a 10th anniversary single is crazy.

Both current members and grads look great,what else you want?

10. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    they want blood I think and maybe a little more

11. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^you are a sicko.

12. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    LOL I thought was a figure of speech?

13. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Not with this guy, not by judging with his previously deleted comment and this here:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  14. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I was feeling annoyed by the graduates being there, but after seeing the video i think this was a great choice. Everyone looked so beautiful, the screen time was great, the song is good, everyone looked like they were happy to be there. The covers are amazingly put together and i honestly couldn't ask for more from this single. The only thing I would say is that, Mion and Yuria were barely visible which isn't a great thing if you're trying to push young gen lol. But the rest was AMAZING!!!

Agreed. I have asthma too and i really hate seeing people put paruru down for not doing enough akb work. her solo work doesnt require her running around a stage performing and loosing energy, which is why its a lot easier for her to do that then to perform as an akb member right now (until shes able to manage her asthma). Some days its bare-able and other days its not. She's not flaking because she wants to, she literally HAS to not participate in these things to avoid having an asthma attack. And even then, her solo work actively promotes AKB, so i don't see the problem.

15. jcwc

jcwc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    no one's talking about the kiss? lol my reaction was exactly the same as sakura's lmao. the scene where mariko, nyan nyan and jurina pucker up is pretty funny lol its like they all forgot how to do it properly hehehe

i wish sakura would cut her hair. she looks so much more outstanding with her bob. with long hair, she just looks like any other girl. i must say i was pretty surprised that she was the only one to appear in the scenes with yuko and acchan. i've been following akb48 for years, but not super closely, so sakura's push has, in my opinion, quite subtle (compared to paruru's). so to see her being suddenly thrust right into the limelight surprised me a little and cements her position as the next ace.

16. SophieShiori

SophieShiori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I don't know the meaning of the flower symbols or the phoenix, could you please explain them? It sounds really interesting! :)

17. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    I might have missed that but weren't they blowing bubbles?
    ----
    Also, our eternal center nova had the most gold jewelry on her lol
    Anyway I am a bit bummed about Paruru's dyed hair. Wish she went to black for this pv. The light brown just doesn't match or she should have not put her hair in braids.
    Sakura with long hair is best for me. I'm starting to like her again because she hasn't cut it haha

18. Neon

Neon Kenkyuusei

I don't mind Sakura center because honestly when I watch this, it's like she isn't even there. She has no personality or distinctive look or talent and just blends in to the background while Acchan and Yuko continue to prove why they were top 2 for a long, long time. The difference between them and her is huge, and their genuine smiles next to her forced one just pushes her back more.

• Like Like x 3
  19. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    This is a good way to articulate my feelings about this too. I couldn't find the words. Thanks pal

20. Punkish

Punkish Kenkyuusei

Acchan aura is amazing,that girl is something else for sure.