1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Nah, just until the next single is released (end of May, usually).

I think he just meant when they'll air the full PV (anywhere), for which there isn't really a pattern, but I'd say next week at the latest.

2. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I'd guess to say those are reviews from the general public, which are always like that, for pretty much every single the past couple years haha
    AKB caters to the wotas, and I haven't seen such negativity there.

edit: I just saw you said the reviews are from YouTube, well that explains it then even better than I could lol

3. Loqine

Loqine Kenkyuusei

Haha yea I knew. I meant like we were expecting the bright colors since it's kinda this director's style, but I think I different director would have sufficed.

---
    The song isn't super memorable in my opinion, but it's a good listen and regular covers wow they are pretty

4. XTN

XTN Kenkyuusei

Maybe "aura" is sth from fans' imagination, but how can you deny Acchan's great performance on stage? It's sad to see people still think of her as this "She's not too good at anything, not too outstanding, not the best at anything, so yeah she's the great center!" It sounds like Acchan is just an untalented yet got lucky because of her pretty face - idol. C'mon give her some credits! Watch some old performances again, especially Kaze wa fuiteiru, she was amazing~

Well not Acchan thread so im gonna talked about the PV....you know who actually stood out for me in the PV??? Not my kami, it's....Mayuyu! lol. Idk, other members have their backgrounds set with many shades of pink and red, then boom Mayu is in her beautiful viole/lavender room, even her dress is different. Anw, everyone is beautiful and gorgeous, cant wait for the full PV!!

5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Actually, that is partly true (the lucky apart). I forgot where I read/heard this from but people said Acchan is real life Cinderella. The management wanted to prove/show that even an average girl can become the ace of the group.

6. XTN

XTN Kenkyuusei

lol yeah. But the whole thing is not true, right hehe. Idk if that saying by the management was real or not tho. Still, they could not prove anything if she wasnt supported, right? She was not the first choice as center, either. By becoming the ace of the group, i dont think they had such plan, lol. They just see her becoming popular and called her "the ace" to create some buzz and issues and rivalry and etc. Well, im not that well-informed about AKB history, I only want people to acknowledge her talent...

7. Matsui Hikari

Actually, the management started pushing her in the very beginning after they abandoned Takamina. She was chosen as "center" for Nagisa no Cherry and that was her step one. She was later exposed to a lot of media and voted as 1st place. Since Acchan centered so often that the wotas started calling her the unmovable ace.

8. nad148

nad148 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    i just watched the MV preview (i'm late i know :^^;:) i love it, it's colourful bright, love seeing the graduates they are gorgeous ! Jurina and Mayu looking great and beautiful :inlove:

i don't care about sakura centre, i don't like her so i don't follow her nor do i care about her, the centre choice come from management, she was there at the front, but for me that's it..

about paruru's health condition, if you don't know anything about asthma PLEASE don't made a comment about it, it's a serious condition! don't made it seems like a small problem, PLUS she had a burn injury! it's been a rough time period for her, i think it's amazing that she showed up to the MV shoot

anyway.... can't wait to see the full MV and also the B sides (especially NGT first single! :omfg:)

9. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    For the thing with the ace. From 24 singles from management decided she participate in (not count Janken and SSK) she was 20 times center. (4 others = 2 times Takamina, 1 Jurina and 1 Sakura). Yuko was all the time in Senbatsu but they would never give her more than WCenter just the same with Yukirin, Rena and Sasshi. (Just a randome fact :D)

Sent with Taptalk

10. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Stage presence is a really important asset for a performer, and while some girls don't have much of it and are still in the front (the main example for me would be Paruru, Yui or Annin) and girls who are absolute fire on stage and they never or very rarely center anything, like Katayama Haruka, Myao or Tano Yuka. If you've ever been in a theater group, you will know that being completely focused and in character with no reservations translates to great stage presence.

Now, this doesn't mean that girls who don't have it have no place in AKB, because like I've said before, lots of senbatsu members aren't exactly brimming with stage presence yet they are lock ins, that's because there are MANY more things that are more important than being an outstanding performer in the 48 groups. I read some people trying to imply that "Stage presence" is the same as screentime or that girls who are in senbatsu or in the front have more of it simply by virtue of having the camera on them more, and I greatly disagree with this.

11. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    [​IMG]

boy: What is Nogizaka?

12. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    That's the thing, stage presence =/= popularity, but it does contribute. Some of a wota's first encounters with an idol is through a stage, and that's where you see people asking "who's the girl in the third row to the right?" or "What is the name of the girl in blue? I wanna know more!" In a sea of faces, stage presence might be the difference between blending in and getting a new fan, because let's face it, in some way or another, all the girls are really pretty. Beauty is an easy thing in the sense that, beyond hair, or makeup, or costume, when that is done you don't need to do much else to keep being pretty, but to make an impression, you need to work a little more.

And there's also the thing in which rather bland girls with a generic idol image have a massive following, but that would be on the wotas themselves. Liking a standard idol is easy, because your head doesn't need to work that much to get to that conclusion. She's pretty, she's kind, and she works well. She doesn't need stage presence to be likeable for many, because being an idol is not limited to what it's done on stage.

13. kingtheking81

kingtheking81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishizukaakari
    Its been a while when i immediately got hooked to a song. THe composition is so perfect: nice jazz organs, funky electric piano and a smooth acoustic guitar in contrast to those loud brass and electric guitar arrangements. The rhythm of the melody really complements the light drum beat. Not to mention build up of the song, starting with lower tones in the verse towards a very memorable chorus.
    I dont care if they called all graduates back to be featured in this single attracting old fans. The song does it for me. Hopefully the other songs will be as high quality like the A side.

14. Mayura48

Mayura48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    val_vanny
    Aura is real, but each of person may have different interpretation about it. for example some might find acchan have strong aura, and some may not.

And stage presence is different thing. Aura is something that always glued at the presence of someones. But stage presence is only showed in stage performance, while not glued in real life. For example milky, she in real life and she when performed in stage is really different.

Mayuyu :1st:

tho its just split seconds from mayu :^^;: ... imo thats so true, in this pictorial MV, mayuyu suit the most with the theme. Her natural looks and smiles really catch the attention. She's the epitome of beauty, really princess look alike.

if only she still have her long hair.. oh~ that would be awesome.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  15. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

My hopes for the b-sides
    Gonna Jump
    16 members
    Team S: Matsui Jurina, Kitagawa Ryoha, Miyazawa Sae, Oya Masana, Azuma Rion, Yamauchi Suzuran
    Team KII: Takayanagi Akane, Furuhata Nao, Ego Yuna, Oba Mina, Souda Sarina
    Team E: Suda Akari, Shibata Aya, Tani Marika, Sato Sumire, Goto Rara

Shigamitsuita Seishun
    16 members
    Team N: Yamamoto Sayaka, Jonishi Kei, Yoshida Akari, Sutou Ririka, Kato Yuuka, Ota Yuuri
    Team M: Yagura Fuuko, Shiroma Miru, Tanigawa Airi, Fujie Reina, Murase Sae
    Team BII: Watanabe Miyuki, Shibuya Nagisa, Ichikawa Miori, Yabushita Shu, Kusaka Konomi

Make Noise
    16 members
    Team H: Sashihara Rino, Kodama Haruka, Tashima Meru, Yabuki Nako, Tanaka Miku, Sakaguchi Nagisa, Matsuoka Natsumi, Anai Chihiro
    Team KIV: Miyawaki Sakura, Tomonaga Mio, Ota Aika, Moriyasu Madoka, Okada Kanna, Murashige Anna, Motomura Aoi
    Kenkyuusei: Aramaki Misaki

Max Toki 315-go
    16 members
    Team NIII: Kato Minami, Kashiwagi Yuki, Nakai Rika, Kitahara Rie, Ogino Yuka, Nishigata Marina, Takakura Moeka, Oguma Tsugumi, Yamada Noe, Honma Hinata, Yamaguchi Maho, Sato Anju, Hasegawa Rena, Tano Ayaka
    Kenkyuusei: Nishimura Nanako, Nara Miharu

16. Hafiz

Hafiz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    I need the coupling's pv previews now

17. Matsui Hikari

hm...I don't think HKT will throw a Sasshi center. It seems more likely for Meru or Mio to center because the management is pushing them as aces. (Basically every member in Tentoumu Chu! is being pushed as center in their perspective group except for Kojimako since the management is in confusion on who to push "next generation" ace and Nagisa who didn't seem to have centered any of NMB's singles yet).

18. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    In the latest Ariyoshi AKB Kyowakoku they aired a preview of KwM and it's longer than on YT ^>^ (2:41)

Sent with Taptalk

19. hikariayaka

hikariayaka Kenkyuusei

IMO, Come on, If Acchan would be born and join AKB as the same time with KojiMako, Naanya, Mion, Ryoka etc.. I don't think you can still talk about that aura, presence etc.. a lot...Lols. The competition would be really tough.

I just now realize how hard to pick as the next ace of AKB. A lot of possible competitors and great people tbh.

Anyway, back to the single. About the PV?
    I can't call it amazing. I don't want to be rude but it is a low-grade for me.

20. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    AKB48 43rd Single [Kimi wa Melody] Handshake Result
    1st Round Resale

Team A
    Sasaki Yukari *1/15

Team K
    Mukaichi Mion *8/30
    Muto Tomu *1/25

Team B