1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Lesbians in the 48 groups?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kawamoto Chiyo, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Besides, even though there is the 'love ban', there have been so many girls who have been found to have dated while in the group, and I'm sure there are many more that we don't know about (not counting any ex-boyfriends from before they even joined AKB48). They are constantly surrounded by 'attractive' guys (boyband members, etc.), if they really wanted to date, they could do it. Of course, I'm sure some girls obey the ban even if they're attracted to those guys, I'm just saying that there's definitely not a lack of contact with guys to blame for any of the girls' homosexual tendencies...

Back on the initial subject, I think to find out who the lesbians in AKB48 are (not that it's our business anyways, but can't help being curious :^^;:), rather than paying attention to yuri moments, maybe we should look for the girls who don't constantly swoon over any hot guy they come into contact with, or talk about them in general :lol: That's another reason why Jurina is pretty suspicious to me, when all the other girls are swooning over guys, she's usually rather unimpressed and seems a lot more excited talking about girls :lol:

2. Kawamoto Chiyo

Kawamoto Chiyo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
  3. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Literally everyone thinks that lol Momo is wonderfully gay

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

4. trxsh

trxsh Member

I dont rlly see what's there to suspect, seems like she's just being honest about her feelings lol

5. USA48

USA48 Kenkyuusei

Wait, what happened with Sae in Shoujiki Shougi? I must have missed that episode...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2016
  6. Kawamoto Chiyo

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    I don't think Sae is gay or even bi. I feel like the whole ikemen-liking-girls thing was just something management pushed on her but IMO in reality she seems pretty uncomfortable around girls.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I have never noticed that Sae seems uncomfortable around her teammates. Quite the contrary. She always seemed very friendly with any situation management has placed her in over the years.

8. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I don't really see Sae being uncomfortable around girls either... And I've even noticed some moments which looked like subtle flirting to me (not the overdone yuri character style), but can't remember the exact shows right now :( My guess for her would probably be bisexual. But of course, we can't know, it's all just guessing :)

As for Momoka, well, I still don't know the NMB48 girls all that well but the more I find out about her, the gayer she seems :lol: It would be nice if some idol finally decided to come out and just say it directly, rather than just hinting. Probably not going to happen very soon, since idols still cater mostly to men and coming out as a complete lesbian would ruin their male fans' fantasies (even though realistically, they never stood much of a chance) [hehe] But I would definitely support an idol who had the guts to do this.

9. ABF48

ABF48 Member

posting vid, pic, or gif will be more helpful. evidence are more convincing than theory.

i thought this thread was made for us to shipping them.

a post like this are better...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

or something like this..

if you ever watch ske ebicalcio, you must remember this episode.

Photo removed

this is the episode where member should be crossdress-ed into a guy and hook up on girls, and guess what ? jurina succes the mission and the girls (jurina's target) give jurina this letter.

“ For how long! You are more cool than before. Dokidoki ~~
    You’re really my type. But now I have to go again. Maybe i can not see you ever again in life… On second thought, it was nice to meet you. Well, just saying, nice clothes. ”

dude,

Jurina may not bi/gay, but i believe she can get all the girls out there if she want [hehe]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2016
  10. Kawamoto Chiyo

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Actually, I created this thread for the complete opposite reason of shipping. Not fanservice, not plain shipping, I created this thread for us all to speculate 48 group members who we think might actually like women.

11. Kawamoto Chiyo

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Momoka doesn't seem to really care about what wota think of her, she really does her own thing, but we also have to consider that she said she basically wants to disappear from media once she graduates. So I think rather than coming out, she'd just get a girlfriend and that would be that.

12. trxsh

trxsh Member

Eh, I dont really care if Sae is bi or not... Some anecdote was mentioned in the Sae thread a while back that she had said during a game at a national HS event that she likes both girls and boys, but aside from that, a lot of girls are just affectionate with their close friends and it doesnt need to be read that way. That's why uncomfortable around girls is something new lol, because she is one of the very friendly and affectionate members.
    [​IMG]
    ^^
    I just think it's cute, sorry to post old stuff
    The ikemen thing I see as a gimmick and a styling choice, not rlly a big deal. So I would say she's just a more laid-back or tomboyish type of girl. Sayaka though I think is super butch lol.

Ehh it feels weird to overanalyze this kind of thing. It's probably just not as important to me as others I guess.

/ETA: seeing someone mentioned they wish Momoka would come right out and say it, (I guess that she's a lesbian) I was wondering because I don't really get the impression that many Japanese people talk about their sexuality in that way as much? Esp not women...
    I mean I just get the impression that they are less into the "indentity politics" of the West

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  13. Kawamoto Chiyo

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Momoka tweeted this a couple days ago:

"Recently, when I've been asked "What sort of person is your type?" I ask them back "Of which one?" and they reply with a "Huh?" Lately I've just been saying, with a serious face "Girls." This is Kinoshita, treat me kindly \(^-^)/"

LMAO...I love her

14. trxsh

trxsh Member

^Oh yeah, that was why I had said wrt momoka that in my opinion there is nothing to suspect really, since I think she is just honest about her feelings ^^;

What I meant was more overall though, like I'm not sure it's talked about in the same way? I kinda think it's that people sometimes have to be careful because of how having a specific image can affect their career. But I'm no expert lol, I'm just thinking for eg prominent gay entertainers like Dan Mitsu etc, they kind of get treated as a caricature and that could affect you negatively. This is without even touching on outright discrimination too

Eh, the more I talk about this the more I realise I definitely dont know much about lgbt stuff in Japan lol

15. USA48

USA48 Kenkyuusei

Thanks, from your information I was able to find it. It's from AKBingo episode 138. (I'd only watched 1-134). It can be watched here with eng subs:

A very entertaining episode.

16. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
  17. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    ^ I know it's probably just me but those two and Nana Okada with who ever she's with,I can't help to think it's fake and it even goes on my nerves because of it!I used to like the fanservices,I thought it was sorta funny but now I don't really like it anymore!Especially in AKB!Why I think it's fake it's because management have a tendecies to broke up members if they think they're getting to close and while before Nana used to avoid kisses and other stuff from other member,she suddenly all like "I like her!I want to kiss her!Bla bla bla!"!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^Okada Nana is definitely serious about Taniguchi Megu, it's just not reciprocated lol

19. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    Might be unrelated but Ellen Page have started a show called Gaycaption where she travel to certain places in the world about to see what's going on with lgbt situation with her friend and their first is Japan!It's gives some insight as to what people think of it,why some people don't come out,etc!

if the video does not show watch the video here

20. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Lol after watching the chaos stage i think Momoka's a legit lesbian