1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Has anyone been to Yakiniku IWA?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by technosworld, Aug 28, 2014.

1. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    I'm visiting Tokyo in a few days and want to check it out, wondered if anyone has been there. I haven't tried a korean BBQ with everything on the menu in Japanese, so I'm slightly nervous.

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yes, quite a few of us on S48 have been there. Do you have questions? (BTW, this might be better in the Q&A Thread, unless someone was to start a general thread for the restaurant)

3. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    Ah, sorry...do they have any menus in English? I can translate the menu I've seen online, but just wondering.

4. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    They did not have an English menu when I went. But I think you will be able to figure things out.

5. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

6. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    I wanted to update this post as how I didn't get to go last year, but I was able to go this past week :)

Two things I wanted to mention if anyone else plans to go there.....FIRST, the google map is WRONG!! Use the map from Bing to get to the right place. I spent an hour looking in the wrong area.

Also, the staff is very friendly, they have an english menu and at least one (very cute) server speaks english. I got a personal note written by Iwa-chan herself and said hi.

We were seated in the more traditional area where we forgot to take our shoes off (The others were in booths and didn't have to do that). I guess they either wanted to give us a more traditional experience or laugh at our baka gaijin-ness :p

Either way, it was fun and Uchida is very cute in person

7. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Problem here is that google maps seems to have two data sets for the restaurant. Depending on the search term you'll get the correct or the wrong address.

If you search for "焼肉IWA" google will send you to the wrong place (~0.5km off) as does "Yakiniku Iwa".
    However "焼肉イワ" gets you to the correct address. Furthermore http://yakiniku-iwa.com/access/ also shows you a map with the proper location.

8. GOBlue

GOBlue Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Oh you actually got to meet Uchida? Did you tell her you were a fan? Also how was the actual food?

9. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    She wrote a nice note in English thanking us for visiting, then I saw her as we were leaving, everyone was super nice and she smiled and thanked us in person as we left.

The food was good, but it was my first time doing yakiniku so part of it has to be due to the "chef" as well ;)

10. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
  11. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

12. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    After 2,5 months google finally managed to process my ticket.

Now you should get the correct location if you search for either
    - 焼肉 Iwa
    - 焼肉イワ or
    - Yakiniku Iwa
    on google maps.

13. TrooperCooper

TrooperCooper Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    I too will be visiting Japan soon (April) - is it advisable to reserve a table in advance or is there normally plenty of space?

14. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

There's a good amount of space to walk-in and grab a seat. I would suggest calling them and getting reservation if you can. So, if its packed on the night you do go, you don't have to wait long.

15. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    Definitely try to make a reservation. Tried to go there one day and it was booked. Was able to come back next day and they squeezed us in but they told us we had to be done by a certain time.

16. GeoFreak

GeoFreak Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayashimomoka
    Twitter:
    GeoFreak17
    I went with @Nieru three weeks ago. We went on a Thursday night at 19:00, and it was about 1/3 to 1/2 full. We did make a reservation a few days in advance just in case, but it seems like we would have been fine without a reservation at that time.

Also, they do have an English menu now.

Shihorin was one of our servers! If you didn't know who she was (like Nieru before I pointed it out...), then she would have seemed like any other server, since they're all pretty cute. She also took a picture for us (just us, not including her).

17. allansson

allansson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Twitter:
    haruna_oshi
    I'll be going there sometime between March 20th and April 5th, you think it will busy around that time?

18. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

You can try to reserve a table beforehand maybe?

19. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I went there last Friday before the 2shots and it wasn't that busy. https://www.instagram.com/p/BC09dHNguQh/

If you got a large group, I would recommend a reservation. If you like 2-3, you can just walk in. If its busy, you sit in the waiting area and check out all the akb swag. Take some photos and buy some IWA merch.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  20. allansson

allansson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Twitter:
    haruna_oshi
    Looks awesome! I've never been to this type of restaurant before, do you cook the meat yourselves at the table?