1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB Group is now selling... CANNED IDOL AIR

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Doodleboy, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Link can be found here with an except below:

"Many people would say that crane games, also called UFO catchers, are the best reason to make a trip to a Japanese arcade. Sure, they can be maddeningly difficult, but there’s nothing like the thrill of victory as the stuffed animal or deluxe figure that’s caught your fancy drops into the prize redemption slot.

Of course, the problems are that sometimes you don’t have time to go to the arcade, and even if you do, there’s no guarantee that they’ll have the prize you’re looking for stocked in their machines. So to rectify that problem, smartphone game developer Brangista Game has created Kami no Te (“The Hand of God”), a virtual crane game that you can play on your phone.

if the video does not show watch the video here

The paid version is priced at 100 yen (US$0.91) a play, but you can bypass that fee by agreeing to watch an ad first. But even those low barriers of entry aren’t Kami no Te’s greatest strength. No, that would be the involvement of the game’s producer Yasushi Akimoto. Akimoto is also the producer for idol mega group AKB48, which allows for the synergy of the first prize being offered by Kami no Te: cans of air collected from a live appearance by AKB48.

During the group’s general election for its 45th single, 30,000 canisters of air were collected from “above the stage” where the idols appeared. These have since been decorated with one of 272 photos of vocalists, with one in 10 being personally signed by the idol whose likeness graces the can.

This puts winners in a bit of a bind. On one hand, the contents of the can represent the tempting promise of being able to, however briefly, breathe the same air as the idols themselves. However, opening up the can means that all of that air is going to escape. Granted, the truly dedicated could then reseal the canister, but that would mean mixing that sweet, sweet AKB48 air with the mundane air of fans’ own homes, and would any true supporter of the group be satisfied with such a diluted concoction?

But even as they ponder that dilemma, Kami no Te is already looking into new ways to commercialize air that’s come into contact with AKB48, as it’s considering such member-specific variations in this theme as:

● Air from the dressing room where Jurina Matsui was trying her hardest to remember her lines
    ● Air from Mayu Watanabe’s bedroom as she blow-dried her hair while humming
    ● Air from when Rino Sashihara appeared on a variety show
    ● Air from above the stage where Sayaka Yamamoto played guitar "

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  2. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Wotas will "buy" anything... ANYTHING! :awesome:

3. Chuu

Chuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    $0.91? pls

[​IMG]

kanye west did it better

4. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Now, that's how you sell air. :lol:

5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

There's some major level trolling going on lately :lol:

6. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    wow
    just wow

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

In before "fart from Kojiharu's futon" gets sold by ten million yens.

8. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

This is amazing lol

9. zweimac

zweimac Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    Zweimac
    please tell me this is a joke

10. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Ok... it's a joke.

Or is it? :shifty:

11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  12. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    i double checked the date to make sure it wasn't an April fool's joke.

13. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    It's no joke.

14. shirocha

shirocha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae, Kinoshita Momoka
    Twitter:
    soonyoungi_
    I'm ready let's go fam
    I'm going to get 1000 of them and create a castle thank you aki-p o great one

15. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I had all the idol air I need when Wasamin gave me the flu back in 2013. [hehe]

Actually this article has already been discussed in another thread, but at the time we didn't think it was deserving of its own thread...

I don't know why everyone is so "amazed" by this. Apparently nobody here has been to the AKB cafe. Have you seen some of the crap they sell in that place? And anyway, do you really think fans are buying/playing this for the air inside? They are doing it to collect the can. It is no different than all of those Wonda can promotions which nobody blinked an eye at. Or how about some of those lame prizes people were winning when playing the Team Surprise pachinko?

At the end of the day it is just another of the worthless trinkets management gets fans to spend money on. Nothing to see here, folks. Please move along.

• Like Like x 1
  16. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Believe me... I've seen alot of "crazy" gimmick in my days. So I'm not surprised, just entertain. [hehe]

17. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Twitter:
    TaintedWingsFS
    The idea is not new :D

if the video does not show watch the video here
    (from "Operazione San Gennaro" movie - 1966)
    Boy: 500₤ lire*! (about 0.30$)
    Man: What is this?
    Boy: Naple's Air!
    Man: No, no no, go.

[​IMG]

*For reference, a coffe cup was 60₤.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  18. gakushan

gakushan Kenkyuusei

HAHA. When I read this, I was totally thinking I should download this and watch ads to get a signed can (I wouldn't pay to play but I don't mind watching some ads if i'm just waiting somewhere). But they probably won't ship it internationally so...
    If I were to get one of these cans, I would immediately open it to see if the air smells any different and then use it as some type of container or desk organizer.