1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD Documentary of HKT48: Ozaki Shihainin ga Naita Yoru (16/01/29)

Discussion in 'HKT48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 22, 2014.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    ^^
    I had similar thoughts after watching the Tokyo Dome shuffle several times. I am sure that Takamina and Sae had had discussions with management before the shuffle, but I think that Oshima Yuko's and Akimoto Sayaka's tears for the departure of Sae were real. I don't think Sae told them in advance, but even if she did, they were hit hard. Also, sending Mayuyu to Team A really shook up Yukirin; don't you think Mayuyu would have told Yukirin in advance if she had known?

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Shuffles are totally a surprise for the girls.
    They're simply changing their schedule, meeting at the theatre and for PVs with different girls, so nothing major there.

An international transfer is a completely different thing and it's obviously discussed beforehand.

3. SoothingEarthDragon

SoothingEarthDragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Oh, yeah! I forgot about that. The reason Tani was there was because Iichan was part of Imouchuu. Goto Izumi was in Imouchu and Tani was a "kenkyuusei" of that group. I kind of wish the connection had been made more specific than it was because I can understand how one could totally miss that.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I will try to keep it in mind. Try anyway...

Well, other people's graduation announcements is something that sometimes others might not know about. Sometimes they tell their friends in advance, but not always.

But I think the senbatsu positions they get to know about a day or two in advance.

And to be totally fair... it is one thing to be told about such things in a small meeting with just the other members of the group. It is a totally different thing to be told the same thing in front of a big or even massive audience cementing something whether it be good or bad as completely official and final.

Someone saying "I am probably going to graduate" in private or even a firmer "I am going to annouce graduation" in private is one thing... or "You are going to be the center" on the other hand... but, you know.. if no one else hears it, it could still be a bluff or a trick or... something.... But once it can't ever be taken back?

Look. Probably everyone has had a relative who has died. Grandmother, grandfather... someone. Have you ever had the reaction where it just didn't seem like a big thing or a real thing or you could kind of rationalize it away upon first hearing it... but then you got to the funeral and you are there in the moment or, worse, you are called upon to speak... and if not then, maybe days later. when you actually really feel it...

I know that is a super-morbid example, but I think it is an experience that more people have probably had than any sort of happy example, right?

Actually, given how Sashihara, Sakura and Haruka reacted to the announcement of Hana being center, I am absolutely certain that they knew it. In fact, gauging from the reactions of the HKT members who wrote about it, it does feel like they all knew in advance and their "reactions" were more measured than I think would be a real off-the-cuff reaction. And if everyone else knew, then Hana had to know too.

So if you prefer, perhaps her reaction wasn't real surprise that this was even a possibility so much as it sinking in that it was real and not some rib. I mean, yes, it IS possible that they intentionally discluded her from the meeting where they told everyone this in advance... but that in and of itself would have been suspicious, wouldn't it?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  4. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

5. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    completely forgot about that. Something to look forward for september

6. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Great documentary.

There's one side to everything,
    Haruppi's competitiveness
    Situation of Team T2,
    The story of the 4 original centers
    even Sashi's defiance toward Aki-P being involve in the process of selecting members for senbatsu.
    Riko-P's fan... What a lovable character.

When asked for the leader to speak, 3rd gen all look toward Aramaki Misaki... Being Camera and senior-shy, she push the responsibility away.
    That was quite a sight, to see the entire 3rd gen look to Aramaki.
    I knew there's a lot more to that girl than on camera, but I didn't think she'd be looked at as the prime alpha of the 3rd-gen?
    Just what kind of girl is she when the camera's not around.

Harutan is also quite a prospect to follow.

8. JOELicious

JOELicious Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Joel_icious92
    "too much spoiler" is not a rule huh? ok.

The content is pretty far different from how it was announced. I don't know, for me, the clip from where it announced is far more "teary" than the trailer and actual documentary. And maybe some people will see it like "typical teary documentary" if it being like that, but the released documentary is great on it's own too. Telling the story of each HKT48 generation Aces, and how each generation member react to it. Great time distribution for members. And not like some people think "HKT at rock bottom before Sashihara there".
    Anyway, it's masterpiece :worthy:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  9. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    i am seriously aching for subtitles :omfg:

10. JOELicious

JOELicious Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Joel_icious92
    My conversation with BlueMentaiko​
    [​IMG]

11. The Pum

The Pum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    If someone wants to sub the bonus content, I'd be happy to time it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

12. blindastaroth

blindastaroth Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kodama Haruka
    Twitter:
    BlindAstaroth
    BlueMentaiko is the best...

13. Lisa

Lisa Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    It's just so wonderful that there are people willing to sub content for those of us who don't speak Japanese. It's hard work, and it is very much appreciated! I am looking forward to the documentary :inlove:

14. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    So i watched the so long awaited Documentary, and i liked it. Few notes i want to share, with some spoilers. You are warned.

- It has a good pace. The extra monologue of Sasshi blends well with the movie. To cut Harutan/Sasshi in small parts at the beginning, middle and end of the movie made it look like the "main story" of the documentary. Also, Sasshi made it sure to not overload on popular girl like Haruppi and Sakura and highlighted Rikopi and Harutan, which was a pleasant surprise. I really like the balance of the movie. However i would have liked more music added in the background because sometimes the silence slowed the pace. For example, Melon Juice unplugged version was a really nice feature in one scene.

- The confrontation between Sato and Sasshi was a joke and doesn't deserve the hype created from the trailer. I want to add that it felt over the place, making it look like there's a "bad manager" (him) and a good manager (Ozaki). My opinion was to ask for thought about his job as former manager instead of confronting him about hurting Ueki Nao's feeling with the choco event. It was short and unecessary imo. Fortunately Natsumikan said he looked like a good person when he got interviewed by sasshi. (documentary with comments)

- The scene with Haruppi not being called as center was predictable but took another angle with the full version of the documentary. I know this Haruppi for a long time and she didn't look pretentious or anything. She was honest with her feelings. Meru's comment about not knowing what to do was expected. I think it was the part that everyone knew before watching the movie. Well Mio crying during Hikaeme making confirm that despite alternate center is something logical, it's hard to give up on center position. Maybe Haruppi took it with more class.

- To see Iichan, Okapan, Chiizu again made me smile again. how come it was only months ago? It feels like eternity to me. The segment of Iichan graduation was really moving and was the quota of feels of the documentary. You can feel the bond between members ( Tani marika, Rikopi, Iichan, Piichan, Tomiyoshi etc). Something i don't feel between Haruppi/Sakura, or even Meru and Mio. But maybe the most powerful part, or at least for me was Rikopi's fan reaction when she was announced in the senbatsu. Rikopi's fan was truly a MVP, being cheerful and genuine. Not creepy at all. He was serious when explaining his way of supporting Rikopi etc. Well, it was moving enough to make Sakura cry in the bonus segment of the documentary!

- Another good value was the mechanism put on tape on how they choose HKT senbatsu. This is serious stuff and it made me realize i was agreeing with them most of the time. Fun fact, we see Aki-p mentioning natsumikan possible appearance in 74 okubu no kimi e. (and it happened). The senbatsu announcement backstage show HOW MUCH IMPORTANT it is to be in senbatsu. Just one time. This is something that every girl wish for, so never see it as granted.

So overall it was a good documentary but i kinda hoped it to be more "powerful" and intense. From what i said ealier, how the documentary is build, the pace was good but look most of the time calm. I remember the second documentary of AKB ( seibu dome) those scenes really took you by the guts. I also think Sasshi should have insisted on the "narrative" part, to make it look more like a story.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Thank you for the nice review @gocchisama ! Since Mio had a lot of other things going on for her I didn't expect her to have such a strong reaction to the center shuffle for Hikaeme... But I guess that also had an impact on her, not only Meru...

16. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    The bonus of the documentary makes the packaging even better. You have the deleted scene with more talk. I really like the down to earth talk between Sasshi and Ueno Haruka. Then you realize it's the most powerful member of AKB history who casually talks with a regular member of HKT48. The symbol is strong in my opinion.

The sousenkyo cut special HKT was nice because you have it from a different angle. You can tell everyone is super tense. Sasshi is supporting everyone.

17. xrahmx

xrahmx Member

Oshimen:
    Haruppi / Bibian
    Twitter:
    HT_xrahmx
    Hey! First of all massive thanks to Blue already for the work she's doing with the main documentary!

Apart from that, was anyone working on bonus content already? I may be interested in looking into 1 or 2 interviews....

18. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

A week later reply, yet I feel the need to add
    1. Yes it's a joke, but well-deserving. And actually means something when his name(Sato-san) was later mentioned during the talk about 18 August 2012. He is afterall, a part of HKT history. Too bad his part is cut short.
    2. I've already past the point of good/bad manager comparison. As long as there's a lesson taken from that time, it's enough.

I feel no need to add the rest. The calm atmosphere are probably intended as well.
    I guess that's all.

19. SoothingEarthDragon

SoothingEarthDragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    THE scene highlighting the bitterness and grudge between Haruppi and Meru? There are several and generally make Haruppi look bad unless one is deeply in her camp.

I really feel like some sort of Meru/Mio make peace with Haruppi scene was needed.

And I feel that in the commentary version, both Aanya and Sakura said that rather that Meru or Haruppi, Aanya should have been the originl HKT48 center (and I don't think Haruppi would have gone crying to the management over that.)

It is like those choosing the center were ignorant and just went with the girl who narrowly missed being in Morning Musume.

20. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I honestly didn't think Haruppi seemed at all portrayed in a negative light. She was obviously upset and cried when she wasn't chosen center for HKT48's first original song, which is more than understandable since she was the acting center for quite a long time before Meru came along... anyways, I don't understand a lot of Japanese so I can't comment on Murashige being even considered as center, but as a Meru oshi I'm pretty satisfied that she was chosen center lololol, seeing her in the mv was actually what brought my attention to HKT48 and AKB in general.

Overall I thought that what the documentary lacked was some scenes about what it's really like to be a member of HKT48, I mean, I would've like to see more scenes about decision making, and how things happen. And also English subs would've been nice if they were provided with the DVD [hehe][hehe]