BABYMETAL

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Jul3, Jul 27, 2012.

1. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Yeah, too bad the Dublin show couldn't have been on a different date.

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I grabbed a ticket to the 2nd night at TD. I enjoy Babymetal, but I wouldn't call them one of my favorite groups. So one show is enough. (Besides, the first night is on a holiday and Wasamin will likely have an event that day)

I'm pretty sure my seat is pretty high up. But no matter, after seeing them twice in LA I am interested to see what their large scale dome show would look like.

3. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Having seen them at Brixton and Wembley and several smaller venues in Germany, I'd say the main difference is that they show more videos at larger venues.

However, I've never seen them in Japan (but I'll be at both Tokyo Dome shows).

4. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Got my Tokyo Dome shirts today!

No word on my poster yet, though.

5. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Are you test it already?
    That second should cam this week...?

6. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    No, I won't be unwrapping them until the shows.
    So the shirts will have traveled from Tokyo to my place back to Tokyo and back to my place ;)

I hope the poster will come soon.
    A!Smart's new DHL option is awesome, but I haven't even gotten a confirmation email.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  7. yuchi

yuchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    『MTV VMAJ 2016』オフィシャルサイト公開
    http://www.mtvjapan.com/vmaj2016/

年間の優れたミュージックビデオを表彰する音楽アワード
    「MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS JAPAN (MTV VMAJ)」。
    全17部門で構成された各受賞者を決める投票は9月30日(金)23:59まで受付中。
    あなたのお気に入りのミュージックビデオへの熱い一票をお待ちしています。
    結果は10月3日(月)12:00に本サイトで発表!
    本年も、各受賞者を中心に多数のパフォーマー、プレゼンターが出演・来場する豪華受賞PARTYを開催! VMAJというステージでアーティストの個性と才能が舞い踊る、年に一度の音楽祭典にご期待ください。

BEST GROUP VIDEO
    KARATE
    http://www.mtvjapan.com/vmaj2016/nominees/best-group-video/babymetal/

BEST ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    『METAL RESISTANCE』
    http://www.mtvjapan.com/vmaj2016/nominees/best-album/babymetal/

BEST METAL VIDEO
    KARATE
    http://www.mtvjapan.com/vmaj2016/nominees/best-metal-video/babymetal/

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  8. Radioactive Man

Radioactive Man Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Hey! You guys are going to Tokyo Dome! Me too!! Thats awesome! I also just got my tix for the RHCP show in London in December.

What do you guys think of BM supporting RHCP? I am not sure that its a step in the right direction. They have released two wildly successful albums and already sold out Wembley Arena and done a successful headlining tour in the US. No other band who has done that would ever dream of being a "support act". Especially to spent legends like RHCP. I dont think its a step backwards, but maybe a step sideways? There is alot of love for them in the UK and I think they could have done a mini tour of London/Birmingham/Manchester/Belfast on their own. I am not sure why they are doing this. Its something you do in the early stages of your career.

aah well, just my opinion. And I have never ever liked RHCP either, so I am probably just pissed that I have to go to one of their concerts to see the Queen and Yui & Moa in the UK!!

9. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Nice! Which London show will you be attending?

I agree. Babymetal really don't need to be an opening band anymore. But then, it's another chance to see them :D

I stopped following RHCP after the Californication era. But they do have some good songs.

10. Radioactive Man

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Going to the one on the 7th! :)

Yeah, but i was really reeeeally hoping to see them on their own, headlining in the UK. I missed Wembley because I had Glandular Fever. I had tickets and everything. I was trying to crawl out of the door but my mum wasnt having any of it!!! I would have crawled there on my face if I could have!!! My mates said it was amazing.

So you're an AKB fan too - are you gonna try and catch a show in Akihabara whilst you are there?

11. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Cool!
    I haven't decided which date(s) to attend yet.

That sounds pretty bad :(
    I enjoyed the Wembley show a lot, but I've hardly ever heard anyone else say anything good about it XD

I'd definitely like to go. But I hear getting tickets is pretty hard.
    I see they released since month's schedule. The best date for me would be on the 19th at 3 PM. Not sure how long the shows are, but--if I got that lucky--I could be at the Theater first and then head straight to the Tokyo Dome to see Babymetal XD
    But I'll definitely try to go the café.

How about you?

12. Radioactive Man

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Whhhhaaaaaaaat??? Have you heard bad reviews of BM at Wembley? Really?? :-( :-( That makes me sad. I was under the impression that they did really well and everyone was really into it??

You best get cracking if you're gonna go to the RHCP tour - I hear lots of agencies have sold their allocations. I think Viagogo has sold out and Ticketmaster are really expensive.

The AKB shows are a strange experience. You either need to be able to speak Japanese or have someone with you who does, because even getting the tickets and getting into the theatre is strange!!

Nah, I am not going to. Well. Maybe. I dont know. If there is a chance to see Nyan Nyan or Mayuyu then I might go, but I am really much more of an "Golden Generation" fan!! You know - Yuko/Acchan/Tomochin!

13. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Official reviews were all good.
    But whenever I talk to other people who were there, everyone only seems to complain about it.

I've gotten used to having to pay extra for anything Babymetal...

You've been to the Theater?

I can relate to that. But there's hardly any early members left. I also like Gens 14 and 15. 10 is good too.

14. Radioactive Man

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Yeah, I was there earlier in the summer. It was definitely an experience!! I am still learning Japanese, and I can have a conversation etc, but it was very difficult to understand what they were talking about when they MC onstage...its surreal seeing them in real life without subtitles!! Its actually not that fun if you dont understand what they are saying and you are not that big of a fan of any of the girls performing. The novelty wears off and it gets mega hot in there, The theatre is tiny and it was packed when I was there. I only stayed to the end because I was hoping the girls would do a high-five with the audience on the way out (they do that sometimes) but they didnt.

Hey have you seen those girls who are PROPER hardcore Babymetal fans? There are two of them, they are friends.... I cant remember their names, but they dress up like them and their bedrooms are FULL of BM merch and posters and tshirts!? They are on YouTube, but I cant remember their names. They are cool girls. Their love for BM is pure!! :)

15. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Not sure if I saw who you're referring to, but I've certainly seen dressed-up girls at Babymetal shows.
    Usually not that many though.

16. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    @shogun definitely we should to meet in Tokyo....there are quite a few pre show and after show parties.

I have not tried to get tickets for AKB, but I'm going to see BiSH on the 16th and might go to Tokyo Calling on the 17th to see The Musmus and Bandmaid among others.

I know you're not using facebook, we created an event called "Tokyo Live" where we all share our tips about other concerts around September.

@Radioactive Man you are talking about Emma and Jess.

17. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    @BigPaddy_FR We can definitely try to do that. The shows are going to be over pretty early anyway XD

Passpo are also playing on the 17th. But, as far as I can tell, that was one of those events for which you needed to purchase tickets months in advance.

18. Radioactive Man

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
  19. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

20. Radioactive Man

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori

Hi BigPaddy! Sorry - I have only just realised you respnded!!

Yes, thats them!! here is a link to their Twitter: https://twitter.com/redbabymetal

I am so jealous of their merch!