1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Thanks. I never thought imdb would have information on AKB lol.

2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  3. MyaoOshi1

MyaoOshi1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    Can anybody tell me if Green Flash was ever performed on the AKB48 Show, and if so what episode?

4. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@MyaoOshi1 it was episode 64 (march 7th 2015) and episode 65

5. tkmntoastie

tkmntoastie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Thank you very much!

6. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Is there an updated guide for foreigners wishing to get tickets to AKB/NMB/NMB shows?

7. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I don't know that we have an updated guide, but these days most everything (concerts, theater shows, other events) is handled through the Group Ticket Center. Just set up an account there if you haven't already.
    http://ticket.akb48-group.com/home/top.php

8. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Except NMB, at least in some cases. Sometimes they use the Ticket Center for concerts sometimes they use other platforms.
    Prime example is this year's live house tour. I think they used e+ for this, which is a bit tricky to use as a foreigner.

9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I think the Live House Tour sold out simply through ticket applications from NMB Mobile members in Japan. I was visiting the country at the time and it was impossible for me to get tickets for that. However I was successful with applications through the Ticket Center for 2 of the 3 AKB concerts at Yokohama Stadium in March, the site is quite easy to use. There seem to be multiple lottery rounds for each show, if you don't succeed the first time just keep trying!

10. Ichirou Takashima

Ichirou Takashima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    I've been a big patron of Nemousu TV since Season 1 and with all that up to the (not so) recent Seasons, there's one girl that I've come to like, that's Iwata Karen. The other reason, I just love Japanese Variety TV itself.

Based on what I've remember watching on TV, I have collected almost all of my possible knowledge where Iwata Karen has appeared on Nemousu TV and for now, I'm serious about buying the DVD for each Season she appeared. I have checked the wiki's (both EN & JP) but clearly they are not updated.
    • AKB48 Nemousu TV Season 10
    • AKB48 Nemousu TV Season 11
    • AKB48 Nemousu TV Season 12
    • AKB48 Nemousu TV Season 13
    • AKB48 Nemousu TV Season 14
    • AKB48 Nemousu TV Season 17
    • AKB48 Nemousu TV Season 18
    • AKB48 Nemousu TV Season 19
    • AKB48 Nemousu TV Season 20
    If there's any Season I've missed, kindly do tell me.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  11. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Maybe. Afaik e+ was the only option available for non NMB Mobile / Fan club members. The tour never showed up in my ticket center.
    What makes e+ inconvenient for foreigners is that, at least back then, they didn't accept foreign credit cards, so that only left you with the conbini option.
    Too bad if you are not already in Japan by the time the payment period ends.

12. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Has AKB or sister groups ever not perform a encore? Just about every show they do has a encore but they are not real encores just a continuation of the performance.

13. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I know that at least once during A2 (?), fans didn't do the customary encore call, and the girls had a bit of a break-down because of it. I believe they eventually took the stage, though, and the fans were reprimanded (by the management for not being thankful) as well as the girls (for "not working hard enough"... classic.)

I feel like that's hidden *somewhere* on the forum, but it might just be a lie.

In general though, I believe encores in J-Pop are nearly always a given and programmed as such in the setlist.

14. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I've also read that it have happend there was no encore call so the encore songs were not sung. It may be a tall tale. But now management always have someone in the audience who starts the encore call to ensure the programme. It's a bit stupid with this mandatory encore, it's like well planned spontanious things.

15. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

lol I can't believe they reprimand the audience for not doing encore? Japanese have a very different view on what encores are. I heard of double encores before too.

16. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Eh it's traditional for Japanese groups to do an encore, yeah it's not a spontaneous thing anymore. It's rather a way of wrapping up the show. Here's dinner, and here's dessert just to make sure you're satisfied.

I went to a small anime convention recently in Vegas and there was a Japanese idol group performing there, Roli Angels. Of course this is an audience who didn't know idols or the customary Japanese protocol for encores, so the audience was dismissed after the group's "last song" and most of them were already out the door before the group ran back up on the stage and said WAIT WE'RE DOING AN ENCORE. It was really kind of sad and cringey.

17. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    In Japan they are very fast to adapt to western protocols and other things but mostly the do it in a different way. If they went abroad they should really check what's up.

18. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Pretty random question but why does Abe Maria spell her name in katakana?

Is there a specific reason or is it just to make it look fancy? I know many loan words are spelt using katakana so I just assumed Maria was as well until recently.

19. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

The way a person spells their name can be personal preference. Even if it's a name that is officially written in kanji, someone can choose to write theirs in kana. But in this case, it's likely because her name is Maria, which is borrowed from Western countries.

Here is a factual post about a decision to write a girl's name in hiragana rather than kanji. I think this happens quite a lot, in the end it's up to the parents to decide how to write the official name and the person when they grow up to decide how they want to write their name outside of official business.

20. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Ah, I thought that was the case.

The thing that made ask was seeing Team 8's Shimizu Maria's name as that is written in Kanji.

Thanks for your response anyhow.