1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The SKE48 Thread

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by RocketStarLauncher, Oct 7, 2008.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  2. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Jurina is doing a showroom again! She's been doing showrooms everyday almost. Best week ever.

showroom.PNG

3. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    A little comment from Nao at her birthday stage is raising eyebrows: "I want to take center from Jurina this year!"
    http://ske48matome.net/archives/48530819.html

You could take it as an innocent birthday wish or a moment of honesty at the discontent her and fellow supportive members feel towards management and the state of the group. Probably a little of both.

4. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
  5. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

No offence to Nao but even if someone from SKE were to replace Jurina it would not be her. Dasu and Churi got dibs first.

6. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    That's interesting too. I haven't watched the stage yet (later tonight) but it sure sounds like there is a lot of frustration. For a girl like Nao to come out and speak her mind like that, many other girls must have similar frustrations with management, or she wouldn't make those comments without support.

Unfortunately I think that ship has sailed and they'd only go with younger members. Churi has been one of the pillars of SKE going back to the JRA founding years, and one of the most beloved and respected members ever, but I still wonder if management would even give her a graduation single center like Rena. In a regular single, I think the best Churi and Akarin could hope for is WCenter. I'd love to be wrong though.

7. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    yeah, no, lol, Dasu making Kami7 and she's still kicked out from a 22-nin senbatsu in AKB. Churi is like borderline 2nd row/almost 3rd row in their singles.

Ryoha and Rara got dibs first

8. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    It saddens me that while HKT is already moving up to 3 singles a year, SKE is moving down to only 2.

9. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Same here. Even with graduation single, Akarin's such a powerhouse in handshakes and Churi is not a nobody either, I doubt mgmt will let them go at the same time for the WCenter.

Yeah right, but they never appealed to me as double center, the chemistry is just not there. RyouhaAmi worked to some extent even though they were not WMatsui. And I think solo center is still a risk, with all the anti-fans and the fact that mgmt seem satisfied with sticking them beside Jurina every single time.

I has been willing to give mgmt benefit of the doubt since: 1/ pre-ssk one needed a safe choice so if the single flopped because fan flocked to buy AKB singles for voting code the girl would not be pressured, and 2/ Kin no Ai Gin no Ai and Jurina are basically a package, SKE's in no position to put a tie-in as B-side.

But if they don't have a new center for in the next single (which will include voting codes for SKE RH, if we can still afford to hold it), they are wasting opportunities. Anyone is fine, though I very much prefer Nao. Aside from Churi, she's the best counting all factors. Akarin's never appealed to me as center despite being a splendid performer.

p/s: Nao's talk about center started a long time ago, although it is on and off. Like how last RH she wrote about the reason she cried when centering Mae no Meri. It's no news and she's honestly seem to be the most vocal after Akarin (watch the documentary).

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  10. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

Hmm, I guess I prefer a couple of (good) singles a year than four or more average ones a year. Less singles in a year give more time to work on the songs and make them better.

11. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    It's not news but the reason it got fans talking this time was how she said it. She didn't just say she wants to be center, she specifically said she wants to take it from Jurina. It's like a challenge to management saying, "I know you will keep ignoring us and giving Jurina center unless we try to do something about it."

Of course there isn't really anything she can do about it, it's all up to management anyway. But she knows that and said it anyway, so it has a more rebellious feel to it.

12. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

No, it's over for them and it really should be, SKE needs to push young members now. Rara is the best option, I still don't see anything of quality in ryoha at all, she has no personality and would be a bad center.

13. Jurisus_Walks

Jurisus_Walks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Jurina's the center. Who else is Nao going to take it from? It's a massive stretch to interpret this one simple sentence as rebellious in nature or that it was a jab towards management. If there was any issue at all with what she said, it'd be much more of a hot topic.

Nao's ambitious, and has a history of not shying away from expressing her goals as an SKE member. Her main goals being to center SKE, and to also rank amongst the senbatsu in the election. Her statement at her recent birthday stage was simply a reiteration of her goal to center SKE, as she probably feels that it's within reaching distance after filling in for the position is recent times.

If you want to know more about what Nao thinks of the center position, read this translation of a blog post that she made last month. Here's an excerpt:

"Also, the other thing is…

Jurina-san’s presence is still hard to overcome.

Not limited to just performance,
    I feel it in many contexts.
    Even though we are supposed to be the same age,
    Her seniority makes so much difference.

I want to become as amazing as she is.

As amazing as Jurina-san,
    And also Akari-san.

To outshine others,
    To have the Skills, to leave Results and to make a mark
    And many other things.

That is why it is essential to enter Senbatsu in Senbatsu Sousenkyo
    And become a presence who can threaten their positions
    If not, I wouldn’t be able to compete with them.

These are my honest feelings."

14. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    @Jurisus_Walks relax and don't shoot the messenger. I didn't misrepresent anything, that's just the reason the line had many Japanese fans talking. It was a hot topic, that's why I posted the link. And if you watch the stage it was more than just that one line. She was clearly frustrated, even in tears asking for more support.

15. ABF48

ABF48 Member

i support nao. lets see how far she can go...

thanks nao for voicing out, bc this probably what majority of ske fans feels right now, and maybe nmb fans too.

the special treatment that hkt got kinda got on my nerve..

16. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Okay before you guys get too ahead of yourselves and start putting words into her mouth, please watch the whole segment. It has been translated.

What we should be discussing is how we can help revitalise SKE48, not "oh no way that girl's ever going to be the center". Nao's conviction is real, and so are everyone else's. I believe Nao had what it takes to stand in the AKB48 as a representative for SKE and she also has the potential to stand in SKE as its center.

17. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    @arifer thanks for the fast subs! (btw I noticed none of my posts explicitly said I support Nao - I do ;))

That should clear up why it got fans talking more than your average "I want to be center" speech and why the way she said it matters. I like the way it was translated as a strong "declaration". That was better than the way I put it.

18. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    So the missing treads aren't still back on?I wanted to congratulate J for having her original song put on the next SKE single!

19. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

You meant album :)
    Anyway, you can create Jurina's thread and if by a slim chance that the original thread can be restored, it will be merged with the original thread. You can see how the first post should look by looking at another member thread (preferably the newer one like Ryoha) and hopefully can maintain it. I'm surprised that no one hasn't do it since she is one of the most popular member.

20. Jurisus_Walks

Jurisus_Walks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    We're all patiently waiting for ithebigc to create the new threads for each Team S member.