Itano Tomomi (Tomochin) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by issa, Jun 7, 2007.

1. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

yeah I went for type B as well, too many expenses at this time of year >.< i'll probably try to pick up the others at some point to keep my collection going tho lol

2. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
  3. TeamTomo98

TeamTomo98 Kenkyuusei

The DVD is usually just the MVs and making ofs right

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I love this photo!!! TomoTomo <3<3<3

5. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    MV and "making of" indeed. However in these days "making of" tend to be rather short.
    So paperback PB compared to DVD extras makes more sense.

6. Kamine

Kamine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    From her twitter.
    "OMG" MV for her new album released November 2nd.
    14547573_1748579065395893_8332064081238294528_n.jpg 14448416_1103481503071434_9118896514997944320_n.jpg 14482244_1658740894437196_998396097489534976_n.jpg

7. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
  8. zoeykobe

zoeykobe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Yes she is...and in fact it is tomorrow! And i am blessed to have been selected at random to receive a signed autograph poster from her! Damn its my first time meeting an ex AKB48/current AKB48 member! soooo hyped for it!

If you guys are interested, I could do up a simple report of the concert!

9. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Congratulations. I bet she puts on a really good show.:)

10. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I think you know answer to that question ;)

11. zoeykobe

zoeykobe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Thanks! I think so too!

Yeap I do HAHA! Will have it done!

12. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

That's amazing! I really hope you have a great time! :)

13. TeamTomo98

TeamTomo98 Kenkyuusei

The show just ended and it was AWESOME. I'm still kinda salty I couldn't get the autographed poster but that's besides the point. I'll get out a report once I cool down and relax from and shouting and jumping (I lost my voice after the third song)

14. zoeykobe

zoeykobe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Alright just returned home from the concert! *Phew*

I went to the concert with some old friends and met new friends too, which includes TeamTomo98 and I must say, he went ALL OUT during the concert LOL

The entrance of the venue: 14593179_616635421842862_256688821_n.jpg [​IMG]

Its interesting to point out that this place is actually a bar, which is appropriate because Tomo's songs (at least to me) seems very suitable to be played in parties or during clubbing (all those epic base drums)

The concert is supposed to start at 8pm, while we were allowed in at around 7:05pm
    The stage looks like this: [​IMG][​IMG]

We were all standing on the area under the stage (like most performances), managed to secure 2nd row at the extreme right (from tomochin's view)---and then 1 hour went by with the speaker playing tomochin's solo songs

AND THEN IT HAPPENED--LIGHTS OFF, SPEAKERS OFF, AND TOMOCHIN IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES

Im not kidding, that moment was incredible, after seeing her from behind the computer screen for 2 years, I finally get to see her in real life. Of course, she is very stunning (as usual), and performed her songs with near perfection. So if i remembered correctly, she started off with Dear J, then 1%, then she did MC, and I must say I really respect her professionalism, Ill explain this later.

Since my Japanese ability is basically illiterate, all I do is--people laugh, i laugh, people YAY i YAY, people OHHH, i OHHH, but tomochin bought a translator with her, which i feel is very professional of her, and saves me the trouble of always tapping my friends and ask "whats happening" (TeamTomo98 im sorry XD). The next thing that impressed me was how went on to talk about Singapore's various tourist sites (sometimes even in detail), and her experiences in Singapore, which really made connection with her audience, and from the responses, I can tell that it was well appreciated.

Then she went on to perform Girls do, Crush, Gimme Gimme Luv, Little Devil Girl and more (can't remember and i few i couldnt identify haha)...there was also an AKB48 medley, which included Heavy Rotation, Katchusha, Ponytail and Flying Get, and then led to the Q&A session

2 of my friends' questions were selected--TeamTomo98 had one of them. This section also showed Tomo's professionalism, as many of these questions could be easily answered by one sentence, but she really made the effort to make her answer insightful and interesting (sometimes funny). While i cant understand almost all that she is saying, the audience's response can also tell the story.

The last part was actually very special for my friend (the other friend who got his qns selected)--it was his birthday, and he requested Tomo to wish him HBD. It helps that he was near the first row, and tomo immediately went in front of him, squat down and said HBD in Jap while waving to him. Really respect how she does these small things with so much effort and thought, and we had to hold my friend for a few sec until he could stand properly again LOL

Then she proceeded with the last part of her concert...which i think included Triple O and Hide and Seek...then she left the stage, so that means the encore chant is gonna start. Kudos to TeamTomo98 for leading the encore chant, and somehow the encore chant became a Tomochin chant (LOL?) and of course she was back and sang Fui ni, then sang a wedding song from her newest album Get Ready...and sadly it all ended there. It was an hour long but it felt like 15 minutes...

So everywhere will receive a poster from Tomo herself, but a select few will receive an AUTOGRAPHED poster and receive first. I dont know what ive done to deserve this but I am blessed to have been selected for this. Then she came out, it was my turn, I walked towards her, gave her my card, lost my ability to speak English and made out a "please take..." while giving her my card---AT THIS MOMENT, SHE LOOKED SURPRISED AND SAID "AH! THANK YOU" FBSDFNSIODVSDVMOS--and receiving the poster. Throughout the entire counter my eyes were glued to her, she was just so stunning....

Heres how the poster looks:[​IMG]

Then I walked out still gazing front, feeling sad and happy at the same time

Hmm so overall, I think that Tomo is really a great performer, she knows when and how to engage the audience in her songs, she never let her hair get in the way of her face, and always kept a smile. While these are basic requirements of every performer, I have not seen her perform live before and these things struck me first hand. I could also tell that she was singing live, as during one of her songs she mistakenly lowered her mike while she was singing, and the volume changed drastically. She obviously recovered swiftly and continued with her performance, but this reassured me that I was hearing her live XD.

On the audience: tbh i think the audience was not the best, as there were many fans that merely stood there and stared at her the whole time, while im not saying its wrong, but in terms of energy wise, we were definitely lacking. It also seemed to me that only our area was really really hyped the whole time, but I could be wrong as i wont be able to see other sections very well.

As AKB48 and ex-AKB48 members rarely have shows or performances in Singapore, this event is really an eye opener for me, and really it may just be a once in a lifetime chance to meet my idols, as the fanbase in Singapore is just not strong enough (kpop dominates). Therefore I am very thankful that Tomochin decides to perform here despite all these.

Hope this "report" was enjoyable to read, and Im looking forward to read all your posts in this forum! (Ive been silently reading for a long time haha)

Attached Files:

15. TeamTomo98

TeamTomo98 Kenkyuusei

Since he has written such a complete report I guess I shan't do a report job.

Just a few things to add on to his report:

There were goods on sale before and after the event

Basically I got the shirt, sticker and muffler which cost me a bomb but it was worth it.

Another thing to mention is that the translator was really quite bad. I quote my friend:

"The translator was really bad. Not only did he not translate correctly, he didn't translate everything she said + he added his own comments which will give the misconception to those who really don't understand Japanese that she actually said that"

She was in her 1% racer outfit today, as seen in this photo I found online ,

She then changed to this for encore
    [​IMG]

She used a lot of backdrop to support her vocal today, as compared to her other performances in Japan on shows like CDTV. She is still unable to hit the high notes in her heavily auto tuned songs like Crush and there was obvious dependence on the backdrop for support.

Her dance was really on point, which I really enjoyed the dance for Triple O since it was actually my first time seeing it.

The sound crew actually messed up her feedback speakers during her AKB Medley as she was seen standing in front of the speaker and signalling to bring up the volume.

She also explained the motivation behind the title of her new album. She said that she's been doing lots of party/dance music recently, and thus "Get Ready" was more of to prepare for these energy consuming performance,to build up the energy and momentum. She mentioned that she would have love songs and wedding songs in her new songs, with some ballad in there.

She sang "私のOnly One" from her new album, which was a really beautiful song. The song is about spending time with someone you really like and tell him all you need is him in your life.

Judging from the crowd today, I doubt she might want to return to Singapore again, one being the number (it was roughly about 100 odd at most) and secondly everyone was pretty much dead expect the few of us. She had lots of leftover merchandise left unsold as well, as there were still stacks of it left after the show ended and all they brought is one duffel bag worth of goods, so I guess she isn't actually going to profit much from today's performance.

On the side note, as mentioned by zoeykobe, I did get my question answered during Q&A session. I asked her if she preferred being an actress or artist. She replied that being an artist is still her main focus and she still has little experience with acting so she would like to try to take on more acting roles. The translator then commented that she was good in Majisuka Gakuen. She then told him to go and watch Nozokime, where I shouted "mi te ta!" which means I watched it. She was kinda happy and asked me if it was a good movie, which I got stunned for a few seconds and could just reply "hai" as she was actually looking at me.

Mod note: oversized phos have been removed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2016
  16. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Thank you for your very detailed reports. Nice to see that it was like proper concert with more than few songs.
    Seeing her live first time must of have been very special.

Just out of curiosity how did crowd react to AKB songs medley?

17. TeamTomo98

TeamTomo98 Kenkyuusei

They actually reacted more passionately to the Medley than her other songs. Mainly coz the crowd was mainly filled with people from AKB interest groups rather than people who're fans of itano san herself

18. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy
    I managed to make it for Tomochin's concert yesterday as well, and had a blast there! I got the middle front row and this was the first time seeing a concert/live up close - there was almost no gap between the stage and the barriers. Having said that, watching her dance up close really impressed me and I was amazed and inspired, being in a dance class myself. Not to mention, she was really pretty and cute at the same time. There were fans who distributed banners and fan boards as well - pretty cute!

After the concert, they announced they would be giving out posters to everyone in the audience, and not only the selected 30 who were entitled to the autographed ones. Moreover, Tomochin would be handing them out personally! This came as a pretty nice surprise! When it was my turn, I thanked her and wanted to tell her I enjoyed it, but I guess I was pretty soft so she didn't hear it, and gave a cute '??' face while smiling, which was quite embarrassing LOL.

As the reports have mentioned almost everything, I have nothing to add. However, I would like to point out certain things from my perspective. Just to put some positivism here.

The audience were definitely not as dead as described; firstly, it was a relatively huge standing area and it was filled up when I turned to look. It's impossible to be "dead" with such a huge crowd, in my opinion. Being an introvert, I admit I may not be as loud as others, however, the people standing near me were pretty loud and did the cheers quite loudly. I could also hear the audience who were standing to my right (stage left). Not to mention, many people were jumping excitedly during certain parts of the concert, so all in all, it definitely wasn't as bad as one would imagine.

I do agree that the crowd was more responsive during the AKB medley. After all, those were songs that we've all heard for years! ^^ I could tell Tomochin seemed to enjoy the medley as well. It was pretty nice hearing her singing some AKB songs again.

I really enjoyed the concert and like what Tomochin said herself, I hope she would be able to come back to Singapore again, be it for a private leisure trip or for an event!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  19. IXS48

IXS48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    Yuristic
    Hey teamtomo98, I am writing here to request as a fellow fan that you should edit and remove the photos you had posted in #9780. Photography wasn't allowed, and as you mentioned that the two photos were secretly took by your friend, so frankly speaking I don't think you should share them publicly. This would reflect quite badly on the image of SG fans as a whole so I would just hope you could understand.

EDIT: I saw you edit as of 11:04AM, but you still put others' photos to replace your photos?

EDIT:

2016.10.08 Tomomi Itano Fan Meeting & Showcase Live in Singapore
    Here's the official photos released by Japan Music Festival, enjoy!

Album link

Oversized photo removed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2016
  20. TeamTomo98

TeamTomo98 Kenkyuusei

Seems like the tracklisting for her new album has been out[​IMG]
    I'm kinda disappointed that her album only has 10 song and out of that only 4 are new songs.