1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Muto Tomu (Tomu) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Voting is open for AKB Love Night Koi Koujou:
    http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/akb-love/actress/
    You can vote once per day, so please lend Tomu your support!

Also, they've made a digital booklet available for each episode for about $9:
    https://www.booklista.co.jp/feature/akb-love/

I don't know if they're all the same or not, but Tomu's has 14 pages (not counting the cover): 10 pages summarising the episode using still shots in a comic-book format, and 4 pages of other photos, like these for example:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  2. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Thanks for the info!
    Will try to vote for her everyday.

3. moonlit

moonlit Member

I've been going through some old TV performances and would you look at that, Tomu was subbing for Annin in the last Managuu performance before voting ended in 2012 (). And also somebody's under in a later TV performance of flying get same year.
    She was also part of Team A performance in Tokyo Dome as well as Mokugekisha senshuuraku.
    Looks like in 2012, she was actually somewhere on managements map, what happened? O___O;
    No, seriously, what happened?

4. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I don't follow Tomu closely, but I do watch lots of AKB TV shows and she was decently pushed early on. I think one of the cause of why she isn't being pushed like in her early times is because of her study. Management probably prefer to prioritize someone that can work according to their (AKB) own schedule instead of trying to match a member schedule with their own schedule. Of course when a member does finish her college, she will be around 22-23yrs old, which is a bit to old to receive a push. There is probably an exception somewhere, haven't really look around.
    That's purely my speculation tho.

5. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    @moonlit She was the under for Sasshi around that time, and was pretty much a staple Team A performer after Sasshi left. Although decent, it's nothing like what the original team 4 members were getting around that time in terms of media exposure, when AKB48 still had a lot of high profile media spotlight left and right.

She did get some time in things like Nemousu, AKBingo, and Ariyoshi AKB, but that is standard procedure for everybody and nobody other than Jurina got a focused push in AKB shows until the 14th gen trio in 2014, and subsequently the Chu units. Paruru and AnRiRe got major pushes on national TV when Mechaike and AKB48 would still do things together.

So unless you were following Tomu already or watch theater shows, I think most people only knew Tomu as that KKS who ranked in 2012 SSK, which some people speculated due to family money, and that stigma still stood until today. Tomu has some very vocal antis online who play down anything positive about her. I have a feeling some fans of other members aren't just indifferent about her, but actively dislike her for some reason.

@Rurouni Yeah, if you look at the new members who get pushes, they're usually still in their teens and there's certainly a trend towards cutesy members. Tomu is neither of those, but I think Tomu's character and personality gap can be very endearing to many people if exposed properly :lol:

I wish she could work out her anxiety and speaking skills in variety and actually make an impact instead of completely relying on the show's format every time. Tomu doesn't have a clear edge to other members on anything in terms of skills (average singing, energetic, but average dancing skills, poor/average public talking skills, poor variety skills), and this lack of versatility may also be a major factor for the lack of pushes and general fan support. Tomu is a very consistent performer and is always lively in anything, but unfortunately that's not something that a lot of fans really go for. She's also pretty great in radio, but who listens to that unless you're already a Tomu fan.

Friggin' Takamina didn't have anything positive to say in her column about Tomu where she usually sings some praises to members, and I still have a major beef with her from that.

I still think the Yuko soul inheritance thing was a mis-step by Tomu, looking back I think it was pretty cringey. I bet many people were quite irked by that too. AKS put a stop to that by saying Mion is Yuko's successor by awarding the symbolic Heavy Rotation center to Mion. Which I think is still funny because Mayuyu has always centered Heavy Rotation in TV performances even until now ha

:arrow: Seijo 100th Anniversary Festival

Looks like the exciting job Tomu was talking about is the Seijo University 100th Anniversary (her university). I'm not sure about the details, but looks like she was invited to participate. It's going to be in December 4th.

:arrow: Reinyan Twitter 2016-09-16

[​IMG] [​IMG]

昨日、衣装部屋に行ったら
    可愛い物が落ちてました
    Yesterday I went to the dressing room
    A cute thing had fallen

あー拾っとけば良かった。(笑)
    Aah, I should've picked her up. lol​

Let's pick her up and keep on pushing Muto Tomu!

6. g_you

g_you Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tomu muto
    I assume what Takamina wrote is what Aks staff thinks of Tomu. :gavel:

Yuko & Tomu's images are very different, if not opposite. I don't know why she keeps digging into that. :glare: Cleary wrong path.

I did some research. Her school is quite ... pretigous. Now I'm scared she might "move on" to her next chapter, which is really sad for her fans. :(

7. ayaelectro

ayaelectro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Her school is not that prestigious though. But it is quite well known as a private school which is a place of plenty rich kids (her school is located around setagaya area which is also popular as a high class one).
    No wonder there is a stigma about her winning sousenkyo because of her family support.

But speaking of Yuko's successor, I personally agree that she must graduate from this image.
    Tomu is Tomu, she is different from others, including Yuko.
    I love Tomu as someone who always works hard, listens to others, and makes progress.

Tomu mentioned on her recent mobame that there must be a reason why she wasn't chosen.
    To think about it again, although her performance is getting better every single day, her public speaking skill is not.
    She enjoys speaking at Team K theater but she barely says anything on variety shows or concerts. Sometimes she looks pretty awkward during MC.
    That is her major weakness.

But yeah, still, it is too much for not selecting her as senbatsu for many times. One or two times are enough.

8. moonlit

moonlit Member

I don't think it was extremely bad when she did that thing with Juri. But she was speaking her voice was very quiet. Juri also is just that much better than Tomu at this.
    Tbh I didn't feel like she took the Yuko thing too far (unlike Moechin). My thoughts on this can be summed up as: if she was going to keep mentioning Yuko as her beloved senpai she aims to be like, even a little bit, then she should get her talk/variety sorted out. Like, asap. I know Tomu tried to implement fan's advice, so don't know, I don't think it wasn't suggested to her even once during HS that she fixes that.

This reminds me why I was so charmed by Murashige so much in the beginning, when I first joined this fandom. That girl had guts like no other. Even if her jokes failed, she just kept trying again and again without shying away or giving up the talking/variety. Most would simply shrink away from talking at the fear of making a misstep. Tomu needs some of those guts.

hmmm... now I'm curious what the reason why wasn't selected must be. ಠ_ಠ

9. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    TOMU PERFORMED AT MUSIC STATION ULTRA FES 2016!!

Watch it before it gets blocked!

if the video does not show watch the video here

10. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    They performed like they didn't get enough sleep the night before. AKB48 performances on TV have been so disappointing the last few years, it's almost like it's deliberate.

Tomu is pretty as usual, but the overall atmosphere is pretty lame. This is not the group I fell in love with few years ago!

11. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    It also doesn't help when there are a lot more other idol groups who do much better despite their low popularity as evidenced by the previous idol festivals. AKB needs to step up their game when they're outclassed by less popular idol groups in terms of performances.

12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Thanks.

Sometimes, reading these comments, I really wonder if we're watching the same show. A few girls were dragging, but I thought it was good overall. Certainly the vocals (except 365) were nothing to write home about compared to the night's other performances, but it's always been that way.

I have more to say about the other topics above, especially the notion that YuuKonKeiSho was somehow a mistake, but that'll have to wait.

13. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    It's mostly Heavy Rotation. When I hear HR, I'm expecting a big kick! Yuko being the center back then may have played a big part :lol: Dunno, there's just no sense of urgency of some sort, to make a point that they're national idols. This one just felt... routine.

Heck, what do I know, they might have instructed to do half-power performance or something. Theater performances have been much more spirited than these TV ones, which I think is not right.

The 365 song was good.

I can't wait to hear your argument. I thought Yuko's relationship with Tomu was genuine, but I think Tomu took it a bit too far and it looked exploitative from her part, especially the jackets. It might not be a deliberate move to take advantage of Yuko's popularity, but it might have looked that way.

14. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    :arrow: Tomu had a drama reading with Ooyachan, Nao (SKE), Ego-chan (SKE), and Nagisa (NMB) couple of days ago.

Tomu Twitter 2016-09-20

[​IMG] [​IMG]

She made contact with Ego-chan of SKE48 for the first time and Ego mentioned her on her blog

[​IMG]

I don't know how to open older posts on this SKE blog thing LOL I'll just link the copy on Tomu's 2ch thread:
    http://shiba.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/akb/1473884087/532

A bit of paraphrasing:

I had a dramatic reading with Muto Tomu-san
    I was able to talk with properly with her for the first time
    She's very friendly and kind

Cute.

:arrow: Nao also tweeted a series of very cute pictures:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

:arrow: I'm loving these Team K Love Trip Tomu-centered performances!!!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  15. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    :arrow: Tomu is going with her classic hairdo for the team K show tonight

[​IMG]

A beauty.

16. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    image.jpg

Nice ship lol

17. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Looks like they're doing a mini-live in the national handshake event today and...

...the first song is Tomu-centered LOVE TRIP!

Tomu will be with Tanochan and Miyupon for today's lane.

She will be with, I think, Maachun and Komiharu tomorrow. This one is gonna be a little awkward, with Komiharu being included in senbatsu for the first time (and hence people coming to congratulate her) and Tomu being snubbed, haha. It's like announcing the 46th senbatsu, of which Tomu is not a part of, during a celebration for the 80 selected SSK members was not bad enough!

:arrow: Tanochan's twitter during the ride to location:
    https://twitter.com/tanoyuka_0307/status/779440770365267968

[​IMG]

:arrow: TanoTomuPon from Tomu's Twitter:

[​IMG]

Osaka handshake event! TanoTomuPon are waiting on lane 5!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    TanoTomuPon videos from Tanochan's Instagram Story:
    https://comfy.moe/tvmprw.mp4

I never really shipped any of these ships, but the three of them together are hilarious.

19. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    I feel like Tomu's hair is getting lighter and lighter :(

Her hairstyle tonight reminds of me Yuuhi Marie from Oshima K days :D

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  20. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Looks like Tomu has a really early job and will be missing the theater show today.

I wonder what it's for.