1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Album Takahashi Minami 1st (Aishi te mo ii desu ka?) (16/10/12)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    ouch Matsui Sakiko sold more.

2. Kamine

Kamine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    According to this Matsui sold 10,263 her first week. :) I could be wrong though...
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/Kokyuu_Suru_Piano

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

4. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    still more than takamina lol

5. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Welp
    so much for a solo career...

6. SDK1114

SDK1114 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    @kyoto48☀︎☂ I update her thread daily with information about her work. So your comment is not true. Her solo career is doing great. In fact her solo work has increased ever since she graduated. If you're merely commenting on her album sales then yes the sales is nothing special. To list a few jobs she has 5 regular MC/ co-host programs, 2 radio, 2 new CMs this month, and is often invited to events as MC or as a singer. So long story short her solo career is doing well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No, what I wonder is why do they even try to release something if they are not following it up with some sort of promotion.

Going all "Here's an album, BUY IT!" doesn't work if you don't do any promo for it.
    Heck, you just have to look at Ayumi Hamasaki, who went from selling hundreds of thousands per album to barely making 30k. Why? Cause she doesn't try.

Subunits and solos don't sell well because they don't promote them.
    Heck, it's getting to the point where sister groups don't matter anymore (SKE and NMB promotions these summer...) because it's all about AKB's sales.

8. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    It's just a gift to fans really...we've waited a long time for Takamina to release something new. The only one to really care for her solo career was Itano (actually I'd say Iwasa Misaki cares too). The rest were more like, "Cool, solo shit, why not lol".

I'm happy she released it tho...the album is great. I really look forward to Itano's new album too.

9. jumina

jumina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    i wouldn't say minami doesn't care about her music. but similar to maeda she has lots of other solo work to balance with their music. maeda has acting and other solo projects, minami has her tv shows, radios, and other solo projects. While iwasa and itano mostly only have their music as their career so they will have more time to focus on that. im sure everyone cares about their career or else they wouldn't be doing it.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  10. Daisy_Is

Daisy_Is Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    ^
    ^
    I think your affirmation is a bit irreal. It's like artists decide everything by themselves, but the reality is they do whatever they can do with the money, time, influence, interest... that labels and agencies invest on their project. If you follow Minami since her graduation, you'll notice all the time and effort she spent in her vocal training, recording and others... and how she has been promoting her album in some different places like radio, tv, sns and lives. Now she is in different radios, she is going to participate in AAA live in Budokan and has a Countdown live 31st December.
    Minami said by herself once "I wanted to start singing after graduation, but things don't work like that." To say that she has no interest in something because she hasn't the same circumstances as others I think it's unfair.

11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Takahashi Minami's 1st Album (Aishi te mo ii desu ka?) 2nd Week Sales
    Week 2:
    1,627 (11,614) (40th)

12. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    This is a response to my post, I believe.

It's not really a serious comment on solo singers from the 48-groups, just my own personal observations. Like even if they promote it here and there it's not their entire career and that's what I'm aiming for. Takamina can make way more money doing her variety/guest-host/MC-ing stuff compared to going on tour for 2 months. I think she loves singing to an extent, but I never took her as the type to really invest her career into singing (it's like a side thing - u know Becky? She has a singing career too, but it's a side-thing lol).

I'm just glad she release something tho...although where is her 2nd single? Like didn't she perform a song and said it's her 2nd single?

13. sillybob

sillybob Kenkyuusei

^Yeah they had a second single planned and she even performed it in her solo concert but I think they've scrapped it.
    It's weird that Jane Doe isn't included on the album.

14. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I think I like the album, more than Sayanee's, and it's not former oshi bias. The types of music are diverse and distinct, she seemed to draw inspiration from a lot of source. And I'm glad that she's experimenting like that, since Jane Doe and all her AKB's stage songs / center songs are somewhat similar.

Tbh the sale is a little disappointing, yet expected since they did not push her in the singing direction when demand was still high like Sayanee now or Tomochin when she graduated. With the amount of investion she has spent on being GM, the current direction of variety, radio, etc... is much more suitable. And imo Takamina is not really really remarkable as a singer, so she's doing better now than having a career focusing on singing.

15. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Noo...when you say it like that, it sounds devastating. So much talent, time, and money put into producing that one single...wasted. :(

I guess doing MC and hosting work is more profitable these days than being a solo musical artist in the Japanese entertainment industry in general?

16. SDK1114

SDK1114 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Well the good thing is that Takamina has a lot of career options. She seems to enjoy her MC and radio work a lot so that's good. There are lots of singers in the industry who do MC or acting in addition to music. Like someone mentioned Becky, or even Daigo. Even miwa started acting as well.

And since this is Takamina we're talking about I'm sure she'll continue to work hard to improve her vocals and release music.

17. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I think they were talking more about her singing career. For someone who was so vocal about having a singing career, to the point where acchan "gave her a solo singing career" at her graduation concert, the sales are pretty meek to be honest. Her solo career is great, but she should probably use this time to think about whether she wants to go forward as a artist or a presenter

18. SDK1114

SDK1114 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I'm not sure what you mean by acchan "gave her a solo career". Maeda didn't give her anything she just introduced the vtr.

I don't see any reason why she can't do both. If she enjoys doing both and her agency allows her to continue with both there is no reason for her to stop. Like I mentioned before there are lots of singers with acting, variety careers too.

Most people know Takamina has always dream of being a singer and she said many times that she know she isn't at the same level as other singers in the industry but she is willing to work hard. Everyone have dreams and goals and some people achieve it and some people don't. I admit I am bias. I like Takamina because she works hard and doesn't give up. If she does eventually end up being recognize as a singer by the general public and her peers then I'll be very happy for her and if she doesn't at least she gave her best effort.

19. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^I meant it in a way of, they did that whole scene as if she was giving takamina a "going away present" when she introduced the vtr which obviously isn't the case, but that's how management played that whole segment out.

i'm not saying she has to pick and choose which one she wants to do, but she does have to think about which direction she wants to go forward in. Acchan had a bit of a moment where she was jumping between singles and acting, but now she's found her place doing both things, but in a way that we can see what direction she wants to go in (which is obviously acting). i personally think takamina needs to do that too.

20. Tiana

Tiana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanakamiku
    Who cares if she has a boyfriend she already graduated she can do whatever she want now. She obeyed that rule for 10 years which I think is enough. I though Miichan said that her fans are really kind in mechaike didn't she. I think the public recognized her as MC or talent rather than singer and the long break from the Jane Doe era doesn't help either.