1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 3rd [Futari Saison] (2016/11/30)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Hououin Pic

Hououin Pic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    that's the problem with expectation that I mentioned earlier. Even I know that its almost impossible to put aside that hope of getting that "first high" again.

For something to even be put on the same level as SaiMajo in the eyes of the fans, it will have to be so good that they forget about comparing it to SaiMajo. That's a steep slope to climb.

2. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    It is not like they are doing it for charity. They produce a product and we as consumers have a right to criticize, love, promote and do whatever we see fit with said product. Though I think we all do understand that.

Speaking of expectations, having none is even crazier. Being complacent does noone any good.
    I do agree though that having such an strong debut song, really is a blessing and curse at the same time.

Personally I am listening more to Futari than I have ever done with Silent Majority :whistle:
    So there is that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    you stated yourself that comparison is inevitable. I guess that's my thoughts about your post.
    as long as the comparison posts aren't too much or in bigotric manners, that's the fun in this forum I guess.
    actually eventhough there are comparisons here and there I guess everyone in this thread agreed on one thing, keyakizaka don't disappoint

• Like Like x 1
  4. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    personally, i think that comparing the singles can make you love them even more. it doesn't have to be as simple as "x single is better than y single" but more like "this single has this as it's strong point, which contrasts with that single's strong point being opposite of the last", or something like that lol. comparing allows you to see where the girls performance and the songs in general have grown and how the girls deliver a song, and it makes me appreciate the single more, even if i do prefer some aspects of one single to another.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Thank you for your impassioned post. It's nice that Keyaki have people like yourself as fans.
    Yes I agree, we should judge each song in it's own right. But the issue is that we have heard their previous songs, so comparisons will subconsciously, it can't be helped.

Even you yourself will have judged the music based on what you have heard before. Some will like the new songs, some will not.

I personally like the songs, and I enjoy every Keyaki song because I love Keyakizaka - I think everyone here willing to sign up to a forum to talk about them feels the same.

When we here say "xxx isn't as good as xxx", or "xxx doesn't fit keyaki" it's being said because we love them, and we want them to do well. Futari Saison is great, I absolutely love that song and I listen to it numerous times daily. Other songs like Otona I am not as struck on, but that doesn't mean anything, I'm not a massive fan of the Bob Dylan song, but I am still here.

Keyaki's strengths far outweigh the negatives, a couple of 'not so great' songs, compared to a dozen or so gems, is nothing in the scheme of things.

I also believe everyone here treasures Futari Saison, and we will treasure Silent Majority, Sekai ni wa ai shika nai, and the next single, and so on, until Keyaki is finished making music.

P.S. Silent Majority became as big as it did, because it is an inspirational single, it is something very different to the usual sugar coated idol music.

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In her blog, Habu confirms that hers is the hand they are all reaching for when they make the "Keyaki tree" at the end of the MV. In the MV, however, I think I see Nijika's face in the centre as they begin to gather round to form the tower. So maybe it starts with Nijika and ends reaching upward toward Habu.

Habu tower:
    mobZMiueR.png.jpg

I converted the videos to mp3 and have been listening to them without the images. It really is two different things. But as music, I find myself enjoying Saison, then Otona, then Bokutachi, and then Dare Yori mo. My liking for the Hiraganas' personalities may lift them up a bit in the rankings when I'm watching the MVs.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  7. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    one thing I've noticed is there's a lot of complaints about how amateur hiragana keyaki's choreography is. personally, I really like that about it. it reminds me of the choreography you see in dance covers (usually of anime songs or vocaloid) on youtube:

if the video does not show watch the video here

yeah, sure it's amateurish, but I think that's what makes it appealing; it makes it accessible, like anyone can just pick it up and copy the choreography for fun. I think girls especially will really like that. and I think the amateur quality makes it feels fresh.

why does somethinghave to be complicated to be considered good anyway?

• Like Like x 1
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Bingo! I think we have become so used to high production values and complexity that we have enslaved ourselves to expensive professionals and have lost freedom to create and to enjoy.

Art doesn't depend on complexity or even high skill. It transcends those. I mean, after all, we are following idols here, not opera singers. I've never enjoyed music more than I have at local events featuring semi-pro bands.

However, there is a limit for me. Raucous singing out of tune is a form of idol music I can't actually take.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  9. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    yes, for sure! I also think there's such a thing as too polished.
    even outside of idol music I don't particularly care for overproduced music.

type B PV previews are out!

10. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Yuipons is weird.
    Zuumin maji tenshi...
    Yuukas smile is irresistible.
    I like Suzumotos the best. It makes you curious how she gets out. Face and scream on point.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    What time will CDTV be on air?

12. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Just watched Bokutachi MV again. Really love these two in the MV... :^O^:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. ダヴィドさん

ダヴィドさん Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    habumizuho
    24:58 JST on TBS

14. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Thank you.

15. Hououin Pic

Hououin Pic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    I'm a big Risa fan so I really liked the video, was never really on the Berika hype train but now I'm starting to think that there just might be something to it...

but I felt bad for the other girls, it was like the W-Watanabe show with cameos from their friends

• Like Like x 1
  16. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Risa is so gorgeous! Her eyes are just... :^O^: And the shape of her face is such so beautiful...

17. ダヴィドさん

ダヴィドさん Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    habumizuho
    Anybody watched the TV version of Futari Saison? It's awesome, the formation and the move looks great, even 3rd row got some front time

18. Kyotachin

Kyotachin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    The moves are nice and man those formations but I can't help feel that their moves were restricted. It'd be nicer if they had hands-free mics so that they can move as free as in the MV (which I think would bring out more potential to the song's free and happy movements)

Wonder if that ending pose had any meaning with everyone else going one direction except Hirate who's alone. Even the MV ending has her alone and Otona wa Shinjitekurenai ending too. Well I could be reading too much into it and it could just be more airtime for her haha

19. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

LQ

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  20. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    I agree, they shouldn't have mics but headsets. Feels like there is soo much happening that you can't really concentrate on the song itself.
    Poor camera work. Like don't they rehearse this before shooting?
    Also why is this only the short version...give me everything yo!!
    Hopefully the Music Station performance is better shot.