Single Keyakizaka46 3rd [Futari Saison] (2016/11/30)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Titidus

Titidus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yonetaninanami
    Very agree. Futari choreo is likely separate Techi with the members and make it like Techi + dancers. Takahiro usually really considerate the lyrics when make choreo. So, because Futari is represent first person pov, the focus is on Techi.

Regarding management, it's understandable to put much attention to Techi. She excellent after all. And profitable. But, it apparent to me, Keyaki has several possible future center who ready to release their true persona. So, i hope management can see the possibility and make good decision to not make Techi as 2nd Jurina. We know it's not good option.

2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  3. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Maybe this is the meaning of the closing pose? [hehe]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Yes. I agree about the choreo looks like a 'one woman show', it is common for center to have a one woman show on some part, but this time, the one woman show is a bit dominating..

5. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I hope Techi stays humble despite all the love she's receiving from the management. If she starts to have an attitude, it will not sit well with her teammates and fans, too.

6. Titidus

Titidus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yonetaninanami
    Right, an attitude is pretty important. For better career, she can't messed up with that. Nijika already failed on this. And akb possible future ace is also suffer this problem not long ago. I'm surprised how big the impact can happen.

7. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Now that you mentioned it, if I'm not mistaken her HS sales for this single is poor despite her having lots of slots allocated. What happened?

8. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Their 1st single is well balanced between the center and the rest for both the MV and live performance.
    Their 2nd single, the MV is basically Techi and friends but the live performance is even better balanced compared to their 1st.
    Their 3rd single, the MV is back to being well balanced, but the live performance is Techi and friends.

The dance and overall choreo is really good tho. Probably one of the best that I've seen coming from 48/46G. As much as I don't like the fact that it is Techi and friends, general public wouldn't really care about that. All they will see is either it is good or bad and I think they will like it. I don't think it will beat SiMajo, but it will be easily more popular than their 2nd single.

Also I feel they kinda cheated to make the choreo look that beautiful by kinda ignoring the singing part (as in it will not sound nice if you sing it live while dancing like that). But I'm not sure how many people will care whether an idol group sing live or not.

9. Titidus

Titidus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yonetaninanami
    On her thread, there speculation said her poor sales is because her attitude is not liked by fans. Some fans say her attitude seems bad. I don't know much since i can't read kanji/hiragana to search more info. But, the point is her attitude is one of aspect she would not rise soon. Maybe i should erase her name from my comment since it's still rumor.

If you want to know better, i can only suggest to read 2ch and make your own conclusion.

10. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^I don't read Japanese [hehe]

I'll take your words for it. :)

11. Kyotachin

Kyotachin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Let's hope the next Futari Saison performances (in 2/12 M-station?) has better camera angles, cuts and more space because after rewatching it, I realize these three aspects might have affected it.

Also, I really hope the next single we'll get a new center. Nothing against Hirate she's cool but I wanna see others take the role ;w;

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I'll defend Techi and management. She is a remarkable talent. The group would be nowhere near as popular if she was not featured so much. And the choreography and arrangements are featuring the others more and more. I don't think there is any real alternative to featuring Techi as they do, while at the same time developing others who can be featured: Neru, in particular. Centre has to be something special, and I think they don't believe anyone else has the combination of talent, magnetism and solid personality to make it work. Yet. Maybe in the future one of the WWatanabes, or Pon, or Aoi (if she keeps changing as fast as she is doing now), or even Memi. Zuumin could step in now. She has the talent, but I don't think management believes she has the personal qualities for the job: not smart enough and too self-centred. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. I don't think Sugai-sama has the voice. Akanen?

As for Nijika, I’ve read nothing against her personality. She just isn't very popular, for whatever reason. I myself used to dislike her personality because she was so negative, but that seems to have changed since the film. I love the way she ends their performances by bowing deeply as the last member off the stage. But maybe she did that on her own and the others resent it? I think her lack of popularity is because of her particular style of looks, which can be seen as ugly in some lights. And she has shown herself not very smart. But that shouldn't be such a big deal to fans.

13. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I don't think there's a problem with the amount of attention Techi is getting but I do think there's a problem with the the type of attention.

Three parts of the choreography where the rest of the group are looking away while Techi is in front.
    Two parts of the choreography where the rest of the group are doing something simple in the background while Techi is in front doing her own thing, for a long time.

It creates a big divide. Worse, because none of the other positions are meaningful. Minami and Aoi's position are closer to Odanana and Habu's positions than they are to Techi's.

Currently we have this

〇〇〇〇〇〇〇
    〇〇〇〇〇〇〇
    〇〇〇〇〇〇

⦿

Where it should be something like this

〇〇〇〇〇〇〇
    〇 〇 〇 〇 〇
    〇〇〇〇〇
    〇 〇 〇
    〇 〇
    ⦿

Not the formation but the distribution of attention
    i.e. The centre should be gradually above the others, not completely exceptional to them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    i think..rather than jurina and friends..after looking how amazing is tecchi(yes, she actually has talents, not random unaspiring girl pick as centre) this likely will be like sayanee and friends in nmb. but then it is up to the fans either to only stanning amazing tecchi or also the other girls likke what happen to sayanee.
    we will see how keyaki gonna be in 2 or 3 years. either all the girls relatively popular among fans or only tecchi is survive and stagnant like others group.

15. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

If there is an intention to break through into mainstream popularity, a recognizable face new fans can identify is important - the question is just whether there actually are plans/ideas to this direction. A group like Keyaki that doesn't build itself up on many clichés has the chance, but frankly I am wondering about whether the day will come when the market for idol products is saturated. What's more, mainstream/casual fans who would recognize the group as 'Techi & friends' aren't even the ones who bring the money.
    Keyaki sales are in their 300000's, so approximately on par with HKT or other 48 groups, but nowhere near Nogizaka and AKB sales. To me, the growth of the franchise is uncertain, which is why I'm awaiting Futari Saison sales. If they point towards sales not going noticably higher, management could just as well just maintain the solid pace they have now and work towards pleasing the existing fandom instead of overextending. For this, after three singles, Techi centering might not even be necessary anymore.

However, the media/TV features are on the rise, and the prestigious Kouhaku performance will create nationwide attention, so there are chances to draw even more attention. And therefore, the 'main character' Techi might be of importance, also economically.

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@kanjo -- Can't deny that. I noticed her separation, too. Gives a funny feeling. And I loved the final looking back, but that gave the same funny feeling of losing contact with the group. Takahiro has made a big contribution to the group, but maybe he has to be reined in a bit. He's coming from a world in which Madonna is elevated far above her background dancers.

I don't think our unease changes the fact that this will be a big hit, in part because of Techi's prominence. But we'll see.

The real problem would be if Techi starts to actually separate herself personally above the group. I don't see any real sign of that, but it's a danger, since she's only human -- contrary to appearances.

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But it already is.

Tecchi might have it to be the next Acchan, but she will not be simply because the idol boom is over.
    Sure, she'll be big inside the idolworld, but I doubt the GP will care much.

18. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

That's what I thought, considering sales of most groups have stellarly gone down since about 2014. It should be the interest of any management to extent fandom and raise the sales, but to me it's just questionable how much potential there is. If Techi's market value in broad media is not significant, it won't do any harm to the group to go for a switch because it will neither kill the sales nor improve them drastically unless something big happens.

By the way, a random thought about the choreography, but since the song is about coming and leaving (in the end, it's leaving) and a partial loneliness, I could imagine TAKAHIRO referenced this for the solo-ish parts. Former interviews with him point at him being very studious and dilligent about song meanings and lyrics when creating a choreography. Maybe this time, they didn't think so much about Techi being the center (of attention) again because one gets used to it but instead emphasize on group equality (with exception of Techi) considering underdogs being in the front row.

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

That may be why Aki-P is trying to make K46 something different: an idol group that transcends the idol world, or, as CDTV said, "anti-establishment idols." Techi herself said last spring that she wanted the group to be known as not just an idol group. Be that as it may, the idol world was not so saturated this year that a new group couldn't sell 300K copies of a release.

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

It will happen eventually.
    I feel management doesn't want to change much anything out of fear of breaking their luck.
    Just go back and read the reactions here when the senbatsu was announced and the first row changed. Like it matters much.
    So I guess Tecchi is kind of the group's anchor for now.
    And not for a very special reason, but simply because management wanted to create another Cinderella story. It could have been anyone, IMO.

AkiP says many things though. :^^;:
    At the end of the day, Keyakizaka is releasing idol songs and using idol techniques to sell them.

We can't compare the 48/46 to the rest of the idoldom because they work in another league.
    Keyakizaka is the very first SG of a very successful group (Nogi) in its prime, so of course it was gonna have eyes on them (especially of those already in the fandom). With Nogi selling over 800k, Keyaki only needed to convince a fraction of their fans to check them out and sell those 300k.
    Not saying the GP doesn't care about Keyaki, but it's probably people already predisposed to check out idols and not your usual Alexandros or Yuzu fan.

I'll be surprised if NGT doesn't sell over 200k when they debut, simply because they are a 48 group.