1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 3rd [Futari Saison] (2016/11/30)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    This is what concerns me. And it works both ways, I guess. I mean the other girls might resent this perceived inequality, and make them keep a distance from Techi.

2. miyako-dori

miyako-dori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    I could support this super push of Hirate if she really has a special talent/potential which can lead her to the national idol like Yamaguchi Momoe, Koizumi Kyoko and so on. Of course who knows that? But mgmt must look at her strictly from a close point, and keep betting on her. That's just an extreme opinion (and overrating mgmt) I know, but mgmt might think one Hirate is more worthful than all other members for the entertainment world's future. That's exciting as it is.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  3. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    This is never going to happen. No current 48/46 idol ,other than maybe Sasshi, is looking at a long term sucessfull career once they graduate from the group. Even Maeda who graduated when AKB was still going hot, hasn't propelled herself to the absolut top.

Considering the performance, it is a short version, lots of non Techi stuff just got cut. So I will only judge the final product once we see a complete version.
    If you have to fault someone, this time is has to go on Takahiro's head.
    Though I have been reading reactions, and the only real critisicm I have found is, why the fuck aren't they using headmics. The hand-mics makes everything look way to clunky.

4. Lisa

Lisa Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I liked the choreo a lot, but in the MV it is easier to show the most flattering aspects of the whole dance, while a live performance is a different story. I have to agree that the hand mics crippled the choreo. The girls can't reach the same level of fluidity live with hand mics as we saw on the MV, where they had unlimited freedom of movement plus camera angles and editing aid. And yes, it is wildly focused on Hirate. Maybe now it's a hype, but at some point this can become a bad thing among the fans and even the other members who are, no doubt, also working hard to improve themselves... We know that when management gives a push, they can't seem to figure out when to stop before spoiling it...

Anyways, overall I really like the music, the lyrics, the choreo and the MV. It's sad though that all the singles just seem so similar in video. They all seem to have the same color palette, Techi is prominent in all of them, and overall vibe is the same, very similar uniforms and etc... If you watch all their MVs one after the other the similarities are very obvious, in my perspective. Though I loved Neru in Dare yori, and that MV has a diferent feel than the rest, even if most of the girls seemed awkward and unpolished... Which is weird, imo, because they had to have had a lot of training before coming into scene like all of 48/46 new generations usually do right? So why do they look so untrained? Is it on purpose for the mv?

5. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Now that I've watched how Hiragana Keyaki performs during their live events, I suspect that the stiffness is done on purpose.

6. newromantics

newromantics Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I kind of feel like Futari Saison MV was inspired by Billy Elliot, the movie about the boy who discovers his genius talent for dancing. It was also about ballet. Billy couldn't stop dancing after trying to dance once and kept dancing wherever he was, and for me the parts of MV where girls are wearing school uniforms just scream Billy Elliot.

Hirate's solo dance part was said to be added on MV shooting set, right? Maybe MV's director persuaded TAKAHIRO to make a very dramatic dance to recreate the outburst of emotions part from the movie.

Overall, getting back on topic, CDTV performance was good, but with small imperfections. The biggest con of it is probably the mics, Sony should just buy headsets for them.

As for that Techi talk, management pushes other girls, let's not pretend they don't. Betting everything on Techi is normal, they are still just establishing themselves, suddenly changing the focus from the most known and one of the most popular members would be literal suicide for the group.
    Techi is a good center, she keeps moving attention from herself to other members whenever they are on tv shows.
    Though I have to admit that FS performance is very Techi-focused. It's not good and maybe they should change it with the next single.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  7. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    okay, I just watched the futari saison performance on their show (kakenai) and I have to say the camera work was much better this time. I think they balanced the screen time a lot better among the members so it didn't seem as techi heavy. I guess it's all up to who the cameraman wants to focus on shrugs.

but really I don't see it as a bad thing that they're relying so much on Techi in their first year. the general public needs some recognizable personality to zoom in on, and I'm sure as the group progresses this will be a couple of people rather than just one. I think a big problem with AKB right now is that they are shuffling around members too much and so they don't have a standout personality for the audience to get to know... there's a reason that Japan promotes their prefectures by associating them with certain products (apples in Aomori, mentaiko in Kyushu, etc) and stuff like that: it's because people need associations with certain things or faces in order for them to be recognizable or memorable.

for us it's frustrating because we are deeply familiar with the other members and know their greatness, but if you overload the public with too many faces too soon you're going to overwhelm them and prevent deep associations from being made. as someone who keeps track of Keyaki magazine appearances I see that they are giving a lot of chances for many different members to do gravure and interviews (a lot of the times without the presence of Techi), so i think they are already trying to promote the others to the reader base of those publications as stand-alone talents. and I think the spread of the handshake sales among the members is a testament to that. maybe next year, as Techi and Keyaki are more established figures in Japanese entertainment, you'll start to see a shift.

8. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yeah, I guess it's indeed a delicate balancing act. It's perhaps better (in the beginning) for general public to call Keya "Techi and Friends" rather than "The Group that changes formation every single". As long as the management eventually manage to make the general public move away from "Techi and Friends" and realize that it's actually "Keyakizaka46: The Group of Talented Girls", that's OK. ;)

That's perhaps the problem when you have a group full of talents. It's painful to feel that someone (or some members) are being "left out", or "not being given enough chance to shine".

As a final note, I have to admit that it's impossible not to love Techi. She's so beautiful, looks gorgeous in front of the camera, and sings and dances quite well. Her aura is one of a "front person". I think she's arguably much more than Acchan. And, speaking about "new Acchan", I can't help but compare Techi to another "new Acchan", namely Ikuchan. While comparing who's more talented between these two amazing young ladies will likely end up in an ugly shouting match, I have to admit that as far as the requirements of being a "face" or "front person" goes, Techi fits the bill much better than Ikuchan does.

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Lots to think about in this last page or so of posts. People with far more knowledge of the idol world than I have are posting. But I really think that some people underestimate just how special Techi is. It's not that she's the greatest singer or dancer (although she's good at both) or the greatest beauty (although she is very good looking) but she turns on a special intensity in performance that I just don't see elsewhere. If she keeps on developing at the rate she has been, I think she can rise a long way.

10. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

There are probably members in 48G that can perform with the same intensity but didn't manage to be in the spotlight because, well, because there are walls of seniors blocking them. I do agree that Techi deserve it, but what I would like to see is Keyaki to not pushing just 1 but 2 or 3 members. Some people compare Techi push to Jurina, but SKE wasn't just about Jurina but WMatsui. Also they have a couple of stable members at the front. Right now, Keyaki shuffles the members except for Techi. Although at first it is good to give everyone a chance to be in the front row, right now I feel like it ended up only enhancing the feeling that Keyakizaka46 is Techi and friends. So I don't really mind Techi at the center, but I really feel they need to have at least another stable member at the front. It will definitely come with time, but obviously the time isn't now.
    Anyway, I hope in at least 1 music show they can focus on Techi solo dance instead on focusing to other members when Techi do the solo part. Yes, it will reduce the opportunity of other member to have their face shown on TV, but I really want to see it in full at least once.

11. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Additionally, what I really love about the two "new Acchans" is that both of them seems to be humble, and are (so far) not giving out a "Diva-like" attitude. Ikuchan has, IMHO, been able to maintain this image so far. I hope Techi will be able to do this, too. If she can do that, than she'll unleash the huge star potential that she has.

12. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    When was the second performance of Futari Saison?

13. Kyotachin

Kyotachin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
  14. mionfortune

mionfortune Kenkyuusei

Techi is Techi. :whistle: She isn't a new Acchan or anything.

About Ikuchan, She's actually an ace and center material like Techi. The circumstances/timing isn't just right.

Just sharing out of nowhere. Actually, Nogi's in wide variety. They establish fukujin so casual people sees/focus on 1st row & 2nd row while on Keyaki, They only see a center.
    Therefore, The popularities of others will only grow a little except Neru.

Well, They're still new so yeah too early. Haha.

Futari Sezon is growing on me now. I like it and also the B-sides especially the MV of hiragana song. I don't know but it's funny. Mirei is so cute. :lol:

15. Kairi65

Kairi65 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    I think for now its fine that its "techi and (talented) friends" since public pretty much relate as techi=keyakizaka46 and not the other way around or keyakizaka46=???. Lets see how it will be next year whether it'll still be the same or k46=k46 all members

They did? Is there a video so i can compare the old and new one?

Made me rofl, thanks! :rofl:

16. newromantics

newromantics Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Nogizaka as a whole are great in variety, I think that's one of the reasons that propelled them to the stardom. But didn't the whole Nogizaka fandom hate the lil child Ikomachan at the start because there was too much of her and too little of others? And they still manage to be super bitter whenever Ikoma is mentioned, or is getting some gigs, like did she personally offend yall. So I guess not a lot of members were getting exposure right after debut.

Keyaki are a bit more awkward, I have to admit that, but they'll grow. Gradually more and more girls will get the opportunity to shine, they are already appearing more often without Techi.

--
    Techi is the most well rounded member, she can dance well, sing well, her stamina is high, she's pretty and cute, she has potential to get modeling contracts, she's even good at variety and her radio is pleasant to listen to. Add to it her charisma and stage presence and it's easy to see why she's management's favorite. Simply put, Hirate is the most marketable member of Keyakizaka as of debut.

17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Keyakizaka is more awkward than Nogizaka, but for me that's part of their charm. They are like ordinary girls as entertainers. I think Aki-P said something like that about them, too: that Nogizaka were more like people in art college or modelling and Keyakizaka more like ordinary high school girls putting on a show. At this point, I think Keyakizaka's dance routines have gotten much closer in quality to Nogizaka's, but their style is still intentionally less refined.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Here is the YT for those wanting it

if the video does not show watch the video here

19. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    Personally I think Keya beats Nogi in terms of dance ability.

I would like to see Nogi do Kataruna wa mirai wo...

20. Hououin Pic

Hououin Pic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    From what I've seen it seems Nogi is taking a few pages out of Keyaki's book with the Blanco performance... it was screaming KEYAKIZAKA46 at me the first time I saw it on Nogizaka46 Show! with all the formation changes and what not. I've never seen Nogi do it like that before, but they made it their own.

but then again I might be mistaken, I'm not too familiar with the live renditions of their songs

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016