1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Thanks for sharing.

I think the Keyakizaka way is for real. It makes me glad that it wasn't just the few of us fantasizing about what a conceptually new or innovative group this was, extending above known borders and principles of the idol genre so far. It seems to be their public image and reception among a broader audience overall.
    Doesn't mean that it's better or worse just by that, but as Aki-P tends so say it, he lights a fire and sees where it spreads - and this time, it spread in a really miraculous direction nobody would have forseen. As above, it applies to music, lyrics, style, personalities, everything. I wonder whether they can have a positive influence on further balancing out the relatively male-heavy image of the idol genre, or become a vanguard for allowing more experimental concepts in the idol genre. Considering that even their graceful sister group has unorthodox stuff like Heavy Metal songs (Koumori Yo, Teitaion no Kiss) and quite a lot of musical variety in general, Keyaki's full potential is nowhere fully discovered yet. They can push the borders, that's what they are doing since their debut.

The only thing I'd be afraid about is that the experiments are overdone and backfire, or if something happens that stops the momentum. I still want Keyakizaka to shine much, much longer. If not for this group, I would probably never have listened actively to any idol group until now.

The usual blah blah - with Hiragana's group and member image being of a more classical idol setup, it's this part that worries me the most. Especially since they've shown potential at their Omotenashikai.

Btw. great stuff @Alvin chipmunks . Always refreshing.

2. Babyshiba

Babyshiba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    There are already a lot of UG idol groups that does experimental stuff but when the day comes that mainstream idol groups start doing it as well is a day I would be celebrating.

3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

4. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

AKB48 SHOW! Episode 135 next week (12/10) will be the first Keyakizaka46 SHOW!

Content:
    - Full Performance of Futari Sezon, Otona wa Shinjite Kurenai and Hiragana Keyaki's Dare Yori mo Takaku Tobe!
    - Imaizumi Yui, Saito Fuyuka, Suzumoto Miyu, Harada Aoi, and Hirate Yurina's 1st Comedy Skit! (with Ooshige Wataru)
    - Infiltrating "Hiragana Omotenashi" Event! Reporter: Ishimori Nijika, Oda Nana
    - Behind the scene of Keyakizaka46's 1st appearance on NHK Kouhaku Uta Gassen Conference!

Performer:
    Keyakizaka46, Hiragana Keyaki, Ishimori Nijika, Oda Nana, Imaizumi Yui, Saito Fuyuka, Suzumoto Miyu, Harada Aoi, Hirate Yurina.

Starts at 23:15 until 23:45 JST.

5. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami

oooo Yone-love~ maybe she was the only replacement they could think for Hirate. But Yonelove is the best.
    Yonesan for best smile 2016. <3
    欅坂46 - 二人セゾン (Good Time Music 2016.11.29).ts_snapshot_01.27_[2016.12.03_17.21.22].jpg 欅坂46 - 二人セゾン (Good Time Music 2016.11.29).ts_snapshot_01.27_[2016.12.03_17.21.21].jpg

6. HikariCurry

HikariCurry Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    etomisa
  7. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
  8. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Too bad it doesn't cover all the girls. I would like to see your insight on the rest.

Sent from my CROSS A28 using Tapatalk

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@gocchisama -- Loved what you wrote. Didn't agree with all of it, but I've been wrong before, and it was all fascinating. I did agree about the goddess and the goddess-in-waiting. Two very different divinities, but united in each having special, ineffable powers.

I've been thinking about the old criticism that Neru is a tanuki, sneakily ingratiating herself for her own benefit. She lulled the members with her kind sweetness and then somehow was above them all. I think this is actually true, but largely unintentional. She protects herself by being nice to everyone, works hard, is always worried and uncertain, and ends up where she is. I love the fact that many of the Hiraganas seem to call her "Neruko-chan." She refuses to take precedence and rules them from below, lol.

10. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I have absolutely no opinion on other member because i don't really know them. Better not write a review for the only purpose to write a review, or so i thought.

I forgot to put in the note, but the matome spread around youtube on members is a great way to get into keyaki. This is how i could end up with this small write up. But i can understand the spread, it prevents being taking down by copyright.

11. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    You cannot possibly have just said that Rika has a lack of singing and dancing ability...

what?!?!?!?!

Oh gocchi, you've really rustled my jimmies.

1. She was front row for two singles
    2. She has been given her own single with FIVE CARDS because her singing ability is so good
    3. She is not an airhead, she is shy, there is a difference
    4. She is proven to be very talented, at singing, acting, dancing. (Tokuyama, Aozora dokoka chigau, Bokutachi no sensou)
    5. She is remembered by fans because she is the most beautiful member
    6. She has come a hell of a long way, she is now perfectly capable of talking in interviews, singing songs, taking to the stage and singing and dancing just like anyone else, her change is in fact greater than any other members,.

Thank you for your opinions, much respected, but I just had to reply.

12. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    She's not a natural singer and much less so dancer but she has done a great job catching up. Impressive considering the difficulty of Keyakizaka's choreography

13. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    She's not a natural dancer. In time of Keyakizaka documentary, she struggled a lot when doing rehearsal for kataru nara mirai wo. Fortunately, she passed the shooting.

In Bokutachi no sensou i'm not sure this song display someone's capability to sing, as the chorus was quite plain.

And about being airhead, she was voted 4th in idols being the most airhead
    [​IMG]

I don't disagree with her being pretty and she did a good joob in Tokuyama

14. Christoff522

Christoff522 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    There were members crying because that dance was so hard. Everybody struggles in rehearsals. She managed it, and did brilliantly

Because she sung a song. Whether it is plain or not, she sang the song, and again, did wonderfully

That is people's opinions of her and does not define her, she is shy, and has difficulty expressing herself. She may be forgetful, but her life is pretty stressful, I forget things, you forget things, everybody forgets things. Doesn't mean she is an airhead. She isn't. So long as people define her as an airhead she will continue to appear that way, it's not nice energy to be sending to someone. Basically calling her an idiot. Imagine how she must feel knowing people think shes like that. I mean, when she's called a ponkotsu (useless, junk), thats just horrible.
    She is beautiful
    and yes, she did :)

15. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i can understand you want to defend your oshimen but it's not going to work if you exchange words like ponkotsu means useless and junk.

i stand on what i say. it's not because she sing in a song that she is a talented singer as you said. Nagahama Neru had a solo song and she isn't exactly talented in singing compared to imaizumi yui.

16. Alvin chipmunks

Alvin chipmunks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    hey chill! No one's calling her an idiot, and about her being ponkotsu, even members called her that, i think the members started that when she forgot her carry bag at the train station. That bag has all her stuffs and she forgot it. Ponkotsu may be bad in life if you're a regular person, but i guess if you are an idol it becomes your charm. as for her singing ability i think nijika and zuumin already confirmed that berika is a good singer... i don't know about nijika but coming from zuumin who took singing lessons, she knows what's good and what's not...

17. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    While I get the literal meaning of "ponkotsu" isn't it's use in the Idol World usually meant as a more endearing quality? I've always read it as being closer to the English term "lovable loser".

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

1. I'm not a huge fan of Rika's, but she is the sexiest and probably most "beautiful" member, in my opinion. It seems to me that she just oozes pheromones. Her dancing has improved a lot. I can't judge her singing yet. Her personality is very shy, but she also seems to think pretty slowly, maybe out of shyness panic. I love how she refuses to leave her comfort zone and just says nothing when she is pressed too hard.

2. There is a difference between skill and talent in singing. Imaizumi is fairly skilled, and may be talented as well. Neru (my #2 oshi) may not be skilled, but is quite talented. She can make a song work, with her soft and uncertain but improving voice. I have to admit that I personally find perfection in popular music a turn-off. To me, it tends to kill the spirit. I like Yuuhi 1/3, where I think the comparatively skilled singers (the YuiChans) and the talented entertainers (TechiNeru) work together to create something greater. My own taste prefers this simple country rock to the slightly jazzy excellent work by the Hiraganas.

And so I think, when I'm thinking straight. Another good source of info, though spotty and less concentrated, is of course the individual members' threads here, which haven't yet grown too long to skim through.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  19. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I love Rika for her "ponkotsu"ness ;)

20. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Can we talking something more general?