1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Album AKB48 8th [Thumbnail] (17/01/25)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by YJSN_ParuYuko, Nov 22, 2016.

1. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    They already did. For the current single at least.

2. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

That's true I forgot they did that for a sec lol
    I should have said make her a permanent senbatsu member from now on, then she can really rise in the ranks.

3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    While we're awaiting the list of third round results, I've just taken a look at Chara-ani for 3/20 and I see that Yuihan has sold out all 3 of her slots that day. I remember when I was at the 2-shot at Yokohama earlier this year she was one of those who had a star by her name in her lane showing that she wasn't sold out so it looks like her new status as General Manager is helping her sales (and I'm pleased now that I secured a ticket for her in the 2nd round).

I'm also pleased to see that Fukuoka Seina has sold out one of her slots that day as she's my favourite upcoming new gen. I've also got a ticket for in her in a later slot. (What did I do on my trip to Japan? Well, I spent a whole day in queues in a big concrete building just outside of Tokyo...) :D

4. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    I don't think so to be honest. Strong individuals, but they don't have any connection to each other. No chemistry makes for a rubbish line up regardless of their individual abilities.

Plus, it'd mean that in the next couple of years Mayu, Yuki, Sayanee and Sasshi all leave, which will send a lot of fans into meltdown and we'll have the whole "oh no how will akb continue it's not as good as the old days" thing again. Of course all of these girls need their own leaving single and big concert and grad song lest everyone meltdown over them being shafted and not getting the treatment they deserve, so that's a lot of time taken up before we can even begin to push the girls you listed as kamis. And then several of them would have to jump over Annin, Renacchi, Yuria and Yuihan in the line up and stay above them, not just pushed up for one single. I'm not convinced that management is willing to do that.

5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

AKB48's 8th Album (TBA) (3rd Round 2 Shot Results)
    [​IMG]

AKB48
    1) Mayu Watanabe (AKB48 Team B) (36/36③) (▲7)
    2) Yuki Kashiwagi (AKB48 Team B) (36/36③) (▲11)
    3) Mion Mukaichi (AKB48 Team K) (24/36(2)) (▲16)
    3) Nana Okada (AKB48 Team 4) (15/36(2)) (▲12)

4) Yui Yokoyama (AKB48 Team A) (*6/30(1)) (▲5)
    5) Yuiri Murayama (AKB48 Team 4) (*3/30(1)) (▲3) (NEW)
    6) Mako Kojima (AKB48 Team 4) (*3/30) (▲3) (NEW)
    7) Yuria Kizaki (AKB48 Team B) (*2/30(1)) (▲2)

8) Nana Owada (AKB48 Team A) (*2/24(1)) (▲2)
    9) Saya Kawamoto (AKB48 Team 4) (*0/24(1)) (NEW)
    10) Narumi Kuranoo (AKB48 Team 8) (*4/24(1)) (▲4)

11) Seina Fukuoka (AKB48 Team B) (*1/18) (▲1) (NEW)

12) Yui Oguri (AKB48 Team 8) (12/12②)
    13) Nagisa Sakaguchi (AKB48 Team 8) (*4/12(1)) (▲4)

SKE48
    1) Jurina Matsui (SKE48 Team S) (36/36③) (▲12)
    2) Akari Suda (SKE48 Team E) (*6/36(1)) (▲5)

3) Nao Furuhata (SKE48 Team KII) (*0/29(1)) (NEW)

NMB48
    1) Sayaka Yamamoto (NMB48 Team N) (36/36①)
    2) Miru Shiroma (NMB48 Team M) (34/36(1)) (▲12)
    3) Fuuko Yagura (NMB48 Team M) (*8/36(2)) (▲6)
    4) Yuuri Ota (NMB48 Team N) (*5/30) (▲4)

3) Nagisa Shibuya (NMB48 Team BII) (*5/30(1)) (▲4)
    4) Shu Yabushita (NMB48 Team BII) (*2/30) (▲2) (NEW)

5) Ririka Sutou (NMB48 Team N) (*3/24(1)) (▲3)

6) Ayaka Yamamoto (NMB48 KKS) (*2/12) (▲1)
    7) Azusa Uemura (NMB48 Team M) (*1/12) (▲1) (NEW)

8) Nanami Nishikawa (NMB48 KKS) (*0/*6(1)) (NEW)

HKT48
    1) Sakura Miyawaki (HKT48 Team KIV) (36/36②)
    2) Rino Sashihara (HKT48 Team H) (36/36③) (▲9)
    3) Haruka Kodama (HKT48 Team H) (*2/36(1)) (▲2) (NEW)

4) Miku Tanaka (HKT48 Team H) (*2/24) (▲2) (NEW)
    5) Hana Matsuoka (HKT48 Team TII) (*1/24) (▲1) (NEW)
    6) Nako Yabuki (HKT48 Team H) (*0/24 (1)) (NEW)

7) Amane Tsukiashi (HKT48 KKS) (*0/*6(1)) (NEW)

NGT48
    1) Rika Nakai (NGT48 Team NIII) (10/36(2)) (▲7)
    2) Minami Kato (NGT48 Team NIII) (*0/36(2)) (NEW)

Slots So Far
    AKB48: 148/1,265 (11.70%)
    SKE48: *42 /*,785 (5.35%)
    NMB48: *96/*,684 (14.04%)
    HKT48: *77/*,712 (10.81%)
    NGT48: *10/*,390 (2.56%)
    Total: 373/3,836 (9.72%)

6. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I think everyone here expects within 3 years that mayuyu, sasshi, yukirin, and sayanee to have graduated. They're getting old and they've basically done what they wanted to do in the group. I personally can't see any way any of those 4 are still here in 2019.

As for chemistry, it's gone. That era of akb is over, it has been ever since the big shuffles. Look at every akb single released nowadays, there is no chemistry like back in the golden days. Nowadays the top members come together once every couple of months, not once every day in theater like 8 years ago. Even within teams there's absolutely no chemistry between the top member and the theater girls. I bet some random teamB theater girl sees mayuyu less often than sayanee does. So chemistry as we know it in AKB is completely done and won't come back. Unfortunately now we are in the era of individual stars, and it'll probably stay that way for years.

Annin, renacchi, yuria, and yuihan have never been totally accepted by fans. They've just been pushed by management. But look at both their hs results and their ssk results and you'll see how low they are vs. how high positions they've gotten in singles. But look at members like miion and naachan, sakura, jurina, and miru. They sell hs like crazy. And their ssk ranks are getting really really high. If yuiyui gets a bigger push and stays in AKB senbatsu from now on, I'd say it would take 2-3 years until she reaches their level. And completely skips over the underperforming annin, renacchi, yuihan, and yuria (a couple of them will probably grad by then anyway). Because naachan, miion, sakura, jurina have already gone over them and miru is about to.

I just can't shake the feeling that being in team8 both helps and hurts at the same time. On one hand it gives chemistry that only team8 and team4 can achieve nowadays. On the other hand they are off doing their own thing and barely feel like a part of akb. Especially after their stupid "kennin" inside of akb.

7. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    It helps the girls to make their own lives without having to move to Tokyo, which would imply them to change school, friends, etc.

Sometimes I think they are waiting for them to grow up while building a solid base before striking hard.

8. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Actually, if it's the regular senbatsu/selection members, there is some sort of senbatsu-chemistry as these same girls have been in the singles for the most part and are quite familiar with each other. For me it gets a bit uncoordinated when there are multiple subs filling in for positions. For example, the sister groups performing their singles generally perform better than an all-akb lineup performing an akb single. But I think the standard akbgroup selection which includes the sister group aces still performs better than anyone else even if its only because there's more star-power.

Haha, if your proposed front-row lineup is the lineup for the future (if nothing else is done), then akb's going to be in trouble.

Regarding the list, I think it's a bit deceptive as the ones with filled-out slots (even if just 2-3) probably have other slots that are nearly filled-out so the difference between 10 slots filled v 2 slots filled may not be as big a gap as it seems (in terms of number of actual people) when you just look at filled-out slots.

For the ones that managed to get elected for sayanee and sakura, I'm wondering how many bids/time slots did you apply for during the first round?

9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Do you even watch performances? If anything the subs breathe life into most of them, whereas its (certain of) the regulars that drag the energy down. But maybe you mean that added energy seems off since everyone else is so low tension... (that's not a good thing)

A bit but not very.

For the first round there's a maximum of one bid per slot, and six bids total.

10. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    Most everyone watches performances. Difference of opinion then. I personally feel that if a major member is subbed, the perf seems off. Whatever energy somehow doesn't replace star-power unless it's an elite dancer like team8 yokoyama yui.

Thanks. I missed the first round and started in the second (so the number of bids increase in later rounds?). I'm wondering though if people bid 1 sakura/sayanee and hope to get lucky or do you use all 6 bids for sakura/sayanee? Cause by the 2nd round it's over for them -- well sakura had a few slots but it would've been almost impossible at that point and some dates were entirely filled already.

11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Most everyone watches a handful of stages a year, if that.

@wlerin is one who watches some of the teams/stages pretty regularly.

That said. I do tend to disagree slightly with their point about the subs. If only because even I tire of the same few girls subbing for sooooo many stages. In a way it will be a bit of a relief when 16th gen arrive and start filling in. Hopefully team performances will feel a little less Himawarigumi-ish then.

12. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I think @GATX105 was talking about performances on TV of e.g. High Tension or 365 nichi, rather than stage performances. I don't think he would have said that if he watched stage performances, where the performance of the current single at the end of each stage almost always has better cohesion and energy than those seen on TV, despite rarely if ever containing senbatsu members.

Some additional variety in the theater sub members would be nice, yes (though I hope Yuiri can keep up her streak even once the 16th gen join in [hehe] )

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  13. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    Yes tv performances like high tension, etc. and I think you understood perfectly what I was conveying but disagree.
    I just find the original set better (+/- one or two members) even if another set of girls in theory performs it technically better or with more energy. I'm probably just oriented towards the more popular members which is probably a minority opinion here but maybe not with respect to the general public (the 2nd part's just a guess). I watch a few stages but I'm not a big fan -- I prefer the tv performances and the big concerts.

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Lol. I had opened this thread, and then alt tabbed to another window. Came back and forgot which thread it was.:^^;:

As for the TV performances. I admit I have not seen all, or many, of them beyond the first two.

15. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

By chemistry I was comparing it to the height of akb's popularity, the chemistry they had up to 2012. That can't ever come back because that was forged through years of being together, not just 4 singles a year but daily in practices and theaters (in the first few years). The senbatsu is familiar with each other now but still its not as if they are around each other and practice with each other 3-4 times a week all year long.

I don't see how akb would be in any trouble at all. Sakura and Jurina are already at the top of 48g. Miion is the ace of AKB's next generation and on an huge rise. Naachan is one of the most popular next gens among fans and one of the highest hs sellers (and probably the real replacement for takamina, even though she's not soukantoku). Miru is the undisputed #2 in NMB and will be #1 when Sayanee leaves, which should be soon seeing all the foreshadowing we've gotten this year (I think she will be the next big one to announce graduation). Only thing I'm adding to that is Yuiyui, who most people consider to be one of the aces, if not the ace, of team 8.

Unless you think all those (except jurina and sakura) don't have as much personality/recognition as the current front row lineup. But the very simple reason is because mayuyu/yukirin/saynee/etc haven't spent the last 3 years as backups with almost no visibility in any singles or shows. Ever since Acchan left its been "akb's in trouble", and yet new members keep on getting more popular and akb is not in trouble. If you told someone in summer 2012 right after Tokyo Dome concert that paruru, sakura, and sasshi would be 3 of the most popular in the entire 48g, they'd probably laugh too.

16. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I only applied for one slot each for Sakura and Sayanee in the first round as I wanted to ensure getting Mayuyu and my other top oshis. However what I did for Sakura and Sayanee was to apply for their respective last slots on the day as someone here once said that fewer people apply for them. That might well have worked for me with Sakura but I think the only way for me to get Sayanee would have been to apply for six separate slots for her in the hope of winning maybe just one.

I was in two minds whether to abandon hope for Sayanee and apply instead for Mion but luckily I managed to win a ticket for her in the second round (indeed luckily as she sold out for that date in that round).

17. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    Thanks David61, that's very helpful. I was wondering if you just had to forego someone like mayu, yuki, sasshi, if you wanted a shot at sakura/sayanee. Although mayu, etc. is still doable in the 2nd round but with multiple bids. I think I did 5 mayu in 2nd round and managed to get 1 at the 6th slot. I think I'll go with 3 sakura and 1 each for others as a potential future strategy. Thanks again.

@kyoto48
    I think if the group can maintain a certain level with mostly fan support then everything you're saying is probably right. I feel though that you need universally known frontliners (mayu, sashihara) to get the tv hostings, mainstream commercials, music awards and things of that nature. Undoubtedly miru will be number 1 in nmb after sayanee from the fans' perspective but I'm not sure if she reaches even milky level with the general public. I think Jurina, Sakura and Mion can be known by everyone and that Yuiyui has the same potential. Not sure about naachan and other new gens though -- maybe to the fans but probably not the general public. Paru and sakura had that ultimate ace vibe/potential so it was just seeing how high they can go and it wasn't surprising at all. And I don't mean that the general public will buy cds or akb goods in bulk but I think ads, tv shows, sponsorship, relevance, etc. are geared towards the general public. Anyway, it's just my view and maybe it's from a different perspective.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

AKB48's 8th Album (TBA) (4th Round 2 Shot Results)
    [​IMG]

AKB48

Yui Yokoyama (11/30) (▲5)
    Nana Owada (*4/24(1)) (▲2)
    Yui Hiwatashi (*2/18) (▲2)

Mion Mukaichi (34/36) (▲10)

Mayu Watanabe (36/36③)
    Yuki Kashiwagi (36/36③)
    Yuria Kizaki (*4/30) (▲2)
    Rena Kato (*1/24) (▲1)
    Seina Fukuoka (*1/18(1))

Nana Okada (21/36(1)) (▲6)
    Yuiri Murayama (17/30(1)) (▲14)
    Mako Kojima (*5/30) (▲2)
    Juri Takahashi (*3/30) (▲3)
    Haruka Komiyama (*1/30) (▲1)
    Saya Kawamoto (*2/24) (▲2)

Narumi Kuranoo (*9/24(1)) (▲5)
    Yui Oguri (12/12②)
    Nagisa Sakaguchi (10/12(1)) (▲6)

SKE48

Jurina Matsui (36/36③)

Nao Furuhata (*1/29) (▲1)
    Yuna Obata (*1/12) (▲1)

Akari Suda (*8/36(2)) (▲2)
    Sana Takatera (*1/*6) (▲1)

NMB48

Sayaka Yamamoto (36/36①)
    Yuuri Ota (*7/30(2)) (▲2)
    Ririka Sutou (*6/24) (▲3)

Miru Shiroma (36/36④) (▲2)
    Fuuko Yagura (12/36(1)) (▲4)
    Ayaka Okita (*1/18) (▲1)
    Sae Murase (*0/18(1))
    Azusa Uemura (*1/12)

Nagisa Shibuya (*8/30(1) (▲3)
    Shu Yabushita (*4/30) (▲2)
    Kokoro Naiki (*0/12(1))

Ayaka Yamamoto (*2/12)
    Rei Jonishi (*1/12) (▲1)
    Nanami Nishinaka (*1/*6) (▲1)
    Momoka Iwata (*1/*6) (▲1)
    Cocona Umeyama (*0/*6(1))

HKT48

Rino Sashihara (36/36③)
    Haruka Kodama (*3/36(2)) (▲1)
    Miku Tanaka (*3/24) (▲1)
    Nako Yabuki (*3/24) (▲3)

Sakura Miyawaki (36/36②)
    Mio Tomonaga (*1/24(1)) (▲1)

Hana Matsuoka (*1/24(1))

Amane Tsukiashi (*3/*6) (▲3)
    Aki Toyonaga (*0/*6(1))

NGT48

Rika Nakai (14/36(2)) (▲4)
    Minami Kato (*2/36) (▲2)
    Noe Yamada (10/12(1)) (▲10)
    Tsugumi Oguma (*1/12) (▲1)

Miharu Nara (*0/12(1))

Slots So Sold Far
    AKB48: 209/1,265 (16.52%)
    SKE48: 47/*,785 (5.99%)
    NMB48: 116/*,684 (16.96%)
    HKT48: 86/*,712 (12.08%)
    NGT48: 27/*,390 (6.92%)
    Total: 485/3,836 (12.64%)

19. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Akarin don't sell as fast in 2-shot as usual.
    What's with Noeppi sudden jump.

Results are quite mediocre so far, more or less on par with their best album. Thought this would do better since the best album was not only much more expensive, but also released in just 10 months from previous album.

20. Piio

Piio Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Noe's sudden jump wasn't expected but I won't say anything against it. This makes me quite happy to see.