1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Graduation announcements thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

So are tentoumuchu and dendenmuchu dead now after naanya and miki grad? I don't think it's possible to sub in a new member like how team 8 handles grad.

2. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    can't they just keep going on without them?

3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Combine them into a new supergroup. Half of Tentoumuchu's pushes have ended anyway.

4. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    6 members per group is already a decent number for a unit I guess, no need for replacement. or make a 12 member unit as @kanjo suggested like hiragana keyaki

5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I was thinking more like a new ~7 member group.

Nishino Miki (grad)

Owada Nana (grad)
    Tashima Meru (megapush ended)
    Tomonaga Mio (megapush mostly ended)
    Taniguchi Megu (never took off)

8 members left
    Mukaichi Mion
    Kawamoto Saya
    Murayama Yuiri
    Tanaka Miku
    Yabuki Nako
    Kojima Mako
    Okada Nana
    Kitagawa Ryoha
    Shibuya Nagisa

Uha and Nagisa don't seem like they matter to AKB as much (different for their home groups, obviously)

Though I'd like to see new groups,
    a cute one with Mako, Saya, Nakomiku, etc.
    and a cool with one Naachan, Yuiri, etc.

6. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I'm fairly sure Yukirin will be next. Maybe she'll even announce at Kouhaku tonight.

Although it would probably be more prudent for any graduating super-senbatsu to wait until Nyan and Paru are gone and then announce.

7. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Well that would at least require changes in their respective signature songs. Especially when Denden lost their center. Even if they keep going with 6 each I think the unit will still be seen as "incomplete" to those who followed them until now. Of course, not the biggest deal.

8. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    I might see someone pull out from 48G/46G because right now, some idol groups lost members.

9. XOMuseHeart

XOMuseHeart Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I'm pretty sure that if they did keep going with six members. They'd make it a Mako -Nacchan center.

10. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

What do you mean? Move Naachan to Denden?

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No, just make Tentoumu a wcenter for the sake of symmetry.

I think they'll just ditch the line-ups. They've run their course and there are so many other girls who need the push.

12. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Yokoshima Aeri announced at her seitansai today. Is she the first of 2017?

13. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    I believe she is; every other pending graduation was announced in 2016, so she would be the first this year. :(

14. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

This is why time and time again I said that they shouldn't add new members. Just make do with the members that they have. I know that people want to see a full team, but if that the case, just reduce the team to 3 and make them perform more. Even if a member value theater performance a lot, they realistically can only perform around once a week if you have 4 teams. Even if a member value theater, they can't perform a lot in it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if more younger girls will graduate, especially those that didn't receive any pushes.
    Btw, Naanya, Miki, and Aerin are all 17yro (1999). The other two 17yro are Nomura Nao and Ichikawa Manami (not counting 16th gen). There is a bunch of 18yro (1998) turning 19 this year. Probably also a bunch of 16yro (2000). Probably those born in 1998-2000 are the one to watch when it comes to graduation. Probably the prime age to graduate. Probably I don't really want to think about it.... I'm still a bit sad because of Miki :(

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I don't think it's a matter of numbers, since they know the type of group they're going into.

I think it's more feeling underutilised?
    Over three years, Aerin has been in 4 (FOUR) miserable b-sides in 12 (TWELVE) singles.
    She also appeared in two team songs in Rhodes and 0to1, but those didn't even have PVs so meh.

And now we get a new album where we don't even get team songs but pushed-girls songs.
    Like Ryoha, who in the last three years has appeared in 12 AKB b-sides, 3 AKB a-sides and all the SKE stuff she got going on.

Like... really? Is it really surprising that the new AKB girls are leaving?
    I wasn't surprised when Renarin left and I'm not surprised now.
    Heck, I'm surprised none of the D2 girls has left. It's not just that they haven't been promoted yet, if anything a couple of them have been in a song because of janken!

AKB really needs to start separating itself from the SG.
    Sure, if a girl has a kennin squeeze the crap out of her, but I think it's very disheartening to have girls sitting around for a year just to record/film a lousy song that will never be performed or something.
    Team songs in every single isn't a hard thing to do, especially when one single a year is already random lineups (SSK) and another is full of SG (February/March single). That's 2 mere singles a year.
    But no, in their quest for finding the next Acchan/Yuko/Tomochin/Mariko/whatever they just go crazy pushing ahead one girl over and over and over while the others are pushed aside to make way.

It's just unfair.

• Like Like x 4
  16. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Wait, another B member announced graduation? Seriously they need to promote those D2 to their bound team ASAP (especially B). It's almost two years since they debuted and only Hiwatan got promoted.

Anyway, B is looking miserable right now, it only has 15 members and that's including the graduating ones, the kennins and four staple senbatsu ones. It's going to get worse, if the super senpai like Mayuki and Tanamin are going to graduate together this year in their 10th year (like Ori K maybe).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  17. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

It is about numbers. Yes, they should know that the competition will be tough. Probably what they didn't know is that when they are "stuck" as theater girl, they basically do... nothing. If the number were smaller, at least being a theater girl is worth it because you can at least perform a lot. I think the current situation (without 16th gen) is actually good. It just that in the future after they integrate 16th gen, those member that like to perform a lot (and perform not only one setlist, but multiple setlist, because one setlist for a whole year is boring) can't do it anymore unless management have a different plan than before. Sure, everyone want to be in the media, but right now, they can't even perform enough. Not only the overall theater performance is down yoy (don't know about 2015 vs 2016 tho...), but with more teams! So lesser opportunity to be in spotlight (even if it just theater) and they add even more members! That will definitely discourage some members to stay on AKB.
    Lesser members basically give more opportunity for everyone, while more members, especially at AKB current member count, personally I think it will just create unnecessary stiffer competition.

18. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I have to agree with the number situation. AKB members already have to compete for a senbatsu position and/or relevancy but to even get their theater position being taken away due to the amount of members is ridiculous. Those that do basically has nothing left.

I seriously hope those that have nothing left in AKB to graduate. Especially the young ones. The young ones can still go back to their old lifestyle. They can just treat their years in AKB as a not-so-fun experience.

19. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    I mean, without Team 8, AKB has 57 members, 7 kennin, and 25 kks. 6 of those members have announced graduation. By contrast, SKE has 54 members, 24 kks, NMB 46 members and 12 kks. So, if AKB used the same system for singles as the sister groups do, I don't think their numbers situation would be any worse than the other groups. Arguably they all have too many - but it's definitely made worse in AKB by the lack of team songs and the "AKB single = 48G single" thing. For that reason I don't think just cutting the numbers would actually help that much. Even if they went down to 48 girls, so three full teams which I think is a fair minimum, that's still going to be a problem with the 48G senbatsu/single/concert/everything system they use currently. So, it is about numbers, but it's not only about numbers, not by a long shot.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Yes, let's stop having girls like Jurina, Sasshi, Sakura, Sayanee in AKB48 Singles because they should go to AKB girls :rolleyes:. I guess girls like Rikachan and Katomina should stop dreaming about being in AKB48 Senbatsu as well right?

I just find it funny when some people here pretend to suddenly care about those girls that are "sitting there", Every time when AKB girl announces graduation lol. If you all did, then AKB wouldn't have to rely on those sister groups members.

How, just because they haven't promoted yet? While I think they should have already been promoted (right around when Hiwatan did imo), alot of those girls are pretty much still young (13 and 14) so why the hell would any of them leave?

• Like Like x 1