1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    It was fun for Momoka fans and it didn't take away from the girls who were there "in earnest," so I don't see what the problem is.

If you want Momoka to wear a furisode, you're free to buy a photoset.
    10099_1.jpg

2. Morrigan

Morrigan Kenkyuusei

The Furisode Kimono is something that can be passed down generations too instead of having to buy a brand new one (very expensive). I believe Tano Yuuka mentioned that she was wearing one passed down from her grandma and mom. Himeka Nakamoto of Nogi46 blogged about wearing the one her mom made and that all Nakamoto girls in family wear (so Su-Metal of Babymetal will probably wear it next year too). I can just hear the conversation Momoka had with her parents. Momoka:"Mom...do you have a Coming of Age Kimono I can borrow?" MOM:"No dear, I sold mine to pay the rent when I was younger" Momoka:"Well it can't be helped than. Dad...do you have a nice suit I could borrow?" DAD:"This is the best suit I own dear" Momoka:"Perfect!!!"

3. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Yeah I didnt see any problems either...

Nope no problems at all... :awesome:

4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Don't forget the gloves she must have stolen from a tramp :awesome:

5. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    This is getting into spicy meme territory :D:D:D:XD::XD::XD:

6. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Yeah... she should have got these gloves instead. :lol:
    20170109_180410.jpg

7. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    How interesting, I don't know if Momoka's fans enjoyed, but if they liked i don't think anyone else opinion of how she should have dressed matter. Either way if she is just "Coming to age' in her own way than more power to her.

8. Mey

Mey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibuyanagisa
    By the way even her mother tell he too being herself and wear anything she want and the management let her, so what fuss ?

9. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

The way I see it, it is kinda like Kojiharu, which somehow have a license to do anything. Personally I don't like this kind of thing. Yes, giving the members freedom are great and should be encouraged, but it has its own time and place to express it and in this case, I don't think it is the right place to express it.
    This can only work because there is only one individual like this. Imagine if a lot of members are like Momoka, I bet management wouldn't allow it. The backlash will probably be to big that in the end it will be a net negative for the 48G brand.
    Anyway, Momoka has build her own "brand" over the years, so in the end it is mostly positive for the 48G and for Momoka herself, especially since there is a story behind her outfit. Even if I don't like it, I don't think it is anything to fuss about. It is great for entertainment to have that one or two unknown factor, just to keep everything a bit less unpredictable and fun.

To sum it up, I don't like the fact that management greenlit this, but at the same time I do admit that it was fun. I probably can do with less fun for this occasion tho.

10. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Nope, she still looks like shit. It's like that one kid in high school that has no outstanding qualities so they just do as much outlandish things as they can just so people notice them.

11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Eh. EHHHhhh.

I don't like Momoka much. Never have. But I have to wonder if the people complaining about this have ever even seen her before? Because this is remarkably dignified by comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Like running in a funny way?

:awesome:

And c'mon, the worst thing in those group photos are Jurina's hair. THAT's a disaster.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Ahh yes, momoka is so desperate to be noticed :awesome:

14. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    You summed out me perfectly :^^;::^^;::^^;:

15. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

Well, I think it's a really thin line from freedom and not following the rules.

I'm talking in general actually, even because I think Momoka is a really smart genuine person that it's a bit different from the other girl she is surrounded. Cause I actually don't think she is so unique in outside akb world...

Anyway, I just think that it all depends of the occasion. I guess if there is a dressing code for certain occasion, you should just follow the code. If you don't want to. Just don't go/do.. If you have to go/do the thing, so just comply to the rule.

It's not like I'm gonna go to a classic wedding where the invite requests a type of dressing code and go on swimming suit.

And I do believe the come of age thing, probably has a dress code, even if not explicit, as it's looks to be a really traditional thing. But anyway, I'm not Japanese to have an opinion about that or if she was "breaking" any tradition rule....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

16. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

That outfit is tacky, she could have gone for a normal formal suit or traditional male costumes if she wants but no.

17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I thought of the same example. If someone did this at my wedding, I would consider it extremely disrespectful. She should have thought more of the occasion and of the other members for whom this was a serious matter. Life isn't always about just yourself.

[Unless you are 20. :) ]

18. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

On second thought I found this refreshing.
    Did we ever have Momoka discussion in the General Meme AKB48 Thread before? cmiiw

Nice change of pace after so much bazillion talk of AKB senbatsu member that repeated over and over.

19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    My earliest memory of anything 48-related is seeing a blue-haired girl dancing in foam in the MV for Rashikunai. Maybe it's Momoka I should credit for getting me interested in the group lol.

• Like Like x 1
  20. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    GET REKT

As a Momoka fan I am not bothered in the slightest. I don't believe she did this for fun or for attention. She is too smart for that. She did it because she wanted to, easy as that. I respect that