1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Owada Nana (Naanya) / 15th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jun 5, 2013.

1. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @kyoto48☀︎☂ Well, I think that people can eventually lose interest in a group if their oshi graduate and if they don´t like the way AKB is being handled or the music they are doing they will move on, is a mix of things. In my case, lately all my favs have been graduating (including the ones that are new like Naanya and Miki) so my interest is low compared to before and I don´t specially love their last songs, but I know I will probably be around and who knows, maybe I can find someone else to support or I will keep update with the group. But then other fans prefer to move on, who knows, it depend on each person.

@gocchisama I agree with you, management could handle new generation better, there are companies who take care of the idol´ s weight issues or personality and eventually they get better. I don´t want to name other groups but this happen in Kpop too. Lately, they seem like each member has to deal with everything themselves. For example, Naanya and Miki´s careers could have been handled better.

2. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

to be fair, there is nothing unique or surprising in that - every new group have a solid fanbase that roots for the success of the group. it was like that with AKB and all it's 46/48 sister groups. the problems start when orimen graduate and new members get promoted to fill in for them - only then fanbase starts to crumble when fans want for their oshimen to be picked for this sweet little push.

so in AKB's case, both reasons for it's divided fandom are valid - fans start to root more for their oshimen only and not the group as a whole, because of the change of generations and also because management did everything to split them and kill the team spirit - from frequent team shuffles and kennins/transfers of members that nullify the meaning of team/group, to constant "gladiator fights" between members and their fans like Sousenkyo or comparison of handshake/goods sales, etc...

ps: congrats Nana!))

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    This exactly. Although to be fair their is still a fair amount of team spirit for the sister groups. But overall the constant "competitions", from the SSK, to Request Hour, to this new Kouhaku "SSK", even Janken, it is an endless competition pitting one girl against the other. It has killed a lot of the group fan camaraderie. Even between groups. In the old days being a fan of one meant you were a fan of all. AKB, SKE, NMB...Now those have become more like rivalries too.

4. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

Now the girls are more than 200 and way to interact are more than in the past, it's impossible to follow all the teams and groups in details. And if you don't follow.. it's harder to appreciate a narration that you don't know.

5. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Personally I think there are just too much members and it is hard to make a lot of people happy at the same time and also make it hard for the fans to follow them as a whole. That is why I don't really like they added 16th gen. They don't have to keep Team AKB4. Just make it three teams and let each team do more performances. Also the set list shouldn't be fixed. That should be enough to keep the theater interesting to follow and bring more unity within the members and also make it easier for the fans to follow. And believe it or not there are members that like to perform on theater, thus if someone said members need to value theater more, yes, some of the members do value theater a lot, it just that the opportunity to perform at theater is so little. It is like you want to work hard but you're not allowed to do it.
    The ranking itself and the importance of it is probably related to the amount of members they have. The more members in 48G, the more important the ranking is because the number of opportunities are not increasing (actually, even theater performances are decreasing), thus if you're an AKB members, even if you're fine just being a theater girl, you will probably have lesser work opportunity if your rank (either through SSK, HS, goods sales, etc) is low. If you keep the members working, they have less time to think about this ranking stuff and can focus more on their jobs. You don't give them work, they start to think something else... probably thinking how to rank high (and the eventual disappointment if they don't rank high) or quitting or something else. Probably some girls are quitting not because they don't love AKB but it is AKB that don't love them.

I know that theater performances cost money (and probably not profitable for the company), but what do you do when you are having trouble keeping a lot of members happy? add more members! yes, fine solution.
    It is probably one of the reason for Naanya and Miki to graduates, because, well, where are the opportunities in AKB after they are out from management radar?

I just don't know....

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Congrats Naanya for being one of the 48 members voted to perform for Kouhaku!!! <3 I'm really happy for her, especially considering this is her last chance to appear on Kouhaku, and she really wanted it to happen. I do believe that she could have been selected regardless of graduation because despite everything that happened in the past months, she is still one of the most known/popular/discussed new gens of AKB. Her followers on social media are also a proof of it. Anyway that's a great gift for Naanya before her graduation. I'm looking forward to Kouhaku ;w; <3

About the discussion here, it's interesting to read even though it's a bit off-topic LOL.

@kyoto48☀︎☂ I don't think it's surprising at all that a lot of AKB fans are only supporting their own oshimen and no one else. I mean, AKB is a group where only some girls get to have a push, only some girls get to have opportunities, and with elections especially, they're totally pushing the rivalry between all members. I don't find it weird, in this situation, that some fans would only support their favorite member... and I also don't think that it's something new, it was the same before too, I'm pretty sure lots of fans left AKB at the same time as Acchan graduated or at the same time as Tomochin graduated and so on. Even though back then we had more fans of the whole group, fans of teams etc. now this won't happen because we keep getting shuffles and the teams have no identity. How to support a whole team when the teams now barely ever get songs or team events, and we keep getting more and more graduations in each team...

Anyway, I can understand if some fans support their favorite member only, or if they support the group but decide to stop after their favorite member leave. It happened to me too (not with AKB but with other groups) sometimes you can't force interest and force yourself to support, that's just how it is. :/

7. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
  8. starfast

starfast Kenkyuusei

Does anyone think her new haircut suit her

9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@starfast I just went to see it now after reading your post XD I think her new hairstyle looks cute ^-^
    I really liked her long hair though ;___; She posted a photo of her ponytail one day before the change >_<

Here are all the photos (the first photo is her old hairstyle, 2nd and 3rd photos are her new hairstyle) -

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

https://twitter.com/Nana_Owada728/status/818749102376697858
    https://twitter.com/Nana_Owada728/status/819155931095187456
    https://twitter.com/Nana_Owada728/status/819156774649401345

N1.jpg N2.jpg N3.jpg

She didn't really "style" her hair in the second photo, it looks a bit messy LOL
    But in the photo together with Aeri, her hair is styled better and it looks cute!

Also, about Kouhaku, 36th place is really good! Congrats Naanya, it's great that she got to appear on Kouhaku ;w; <3
    I watched it and I could see her a little during the River performance, but just some seconds at the back (LOL) and that's it XD
    well, with so many girls on stage, it's expected that the lower ranked ones wouldn't get to appear a lot. It was nice to see her!

Btw Aeri announced her graduation some days ago. For those who don't know, she is one of the closest friends of Naanya ._.
    It made me wonder, maybe both of them discussed about graduation before... they're both graduating around the same time.

10. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Naanya's grad will be a big loss for 48G. I know of no other girl in 48G that had such an impact by one PV. On watching Party is Over, everyone knew immediately she would be on of the top members. She lost momentum before she got there but many believed she could still get to the top if she tried harder.

I was looking forwards to it. And just when she was becoming a good singer, she's gone.

11. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Of course she doesn't show up on 15th gen photo on Mion's live performance but Mizuki was there.

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Naanya quoted Miion's tweet 10 hours ago and she wrote "Ganbatte~" with some emoticons.
    Here: https://twitter.com/Nana_Owada728/status/821935878989758464

But yes it's very weird how ALL 15th gen were on the photo except Naanya. I have no idea what happened between them, but it's confusing. I guess there's an issue between Naanya and one (or more) of the 15th gen members, which is why she's not there when they gather. But I really can't tell who she has an issue with. well, Naanya and the other original 15th gen don't mention each other as close friends anymore... :/ (except for Manami & Naanya they still hang out).

In the end, I doubt we will ever know what happened between them, but I'm doubting that any of the 15th gen will appear on Naanya's graduation stage. :/

13. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Riorin was not in that pic, either.

And Riorin. Last I checked, she is 15th Gen. From the last batch of them, sure. Still Ichigochanzu......

I miss Ichigochanzu. :cry:

14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@hjr1891 Ah yes, I just noticed, Riorin is also not there. ^^; I think she is still recovering from her injury, so this might be the reason why she wasn't there.

I'll use this post to congratulate Naanya for reaching 50k+ followers on IG some time ago! She is now at 53,3k followers. That's nice! Everyone, follow her :3

https://www.instagram.com/nanaowada_official/

<3<3<3

15. sgtbubba

sgtbubba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mukaichi Mion
    @Mana Riorin went to 13th gen's concert earlier in the week, so her injury doesn't seem to be the reason why she didn't go to Mion's concert. As for Naanya, she tweeted on the day of the 13th gen concert that she wanted to go to but couldn't because she forgot to ask their manager so she wasn't able to get a ticket. Maybe she also wanted to go to Mion's concert but forgot to ask for a ticket for it as well. Naanya didn't go but at least she was one of the several members who recorded a VTR message for Mion which was shown during the concert.

16. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

You can delete your own posts.

One thing is going to the concert, another is just popping in backstage. They are in the same freaking group, I doubt they'd have a problem.
    Plus, if she really wanted to go to any of them she would have asked on the very same day they were announced.

18. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Maybe they can't guarantee schedule that far in advance.

Or, sometimes even the star player's momma has to sit at home because no tix.

Occam's Razor.

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Wasn't Sasshi sitting basically alone during Yuiyui's?
    There's probably an area for the VIP'a and so on.

(dunno if you were being sarcastic though)

20. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

At least we still can see naanya in akb until march...
    Looks like management give more attention to her after she announce her graduation..i guess