Single AKB48 47th (Shoot Sign) (17/03/15)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 4, 2017.

1. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    it's fine, people can have their opinion, all i'm saying is, that it's getting worse each time? but it's not even the fact that it's her who's getting "bashed", it's more like that "xanax girls" thing. i just. wouldn't want to see any of the girls being called on with such names. like, eg, if sakura was called on such a name, i wouldn't like that either. and trust me, sakura is waaaaaaaaaay down on my list.

i had no problem with the thing until the xanax "reference" was brought in. sure, i could just ignore it and not come back for a few days, but i don't think we want the thread to be locked because fans and not fans stop for a fight over something, do we? :/

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. hikariayaka

hikariayaka Kenkyuusei

48 for mass. "HIT"
    46 for fans. "CHART"

END

3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It was a 2ch hoax. The original post said he got it from the AKB newspaper, but I checked that issue and there was nothing of the sort.

4. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Sasshii also explained this is exactly how he does it explicitly in her book when she talks about writing Matsumurabu. She even said that she chose the melody based on how the chorus ended with a 5 syllable line(perfect for "matsumurabu") and Aki-p said he also works that way often. Finding something with a point for a catchy phrase/line.

5. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

The difference between 46G and 48G songs is very apparent to me, as a person who has followed AKB since before their switch from DefStar, and I think it has to do with the in house composers of both Sony and King Records. I'm not going to say that one is better than the other, because that's up to personal preference. But to me, it's pretty clear that most AKB A-sides are more about the catchiness and fun, while Nogi songs are very melodic, and reminiscent of the old idol songs of the showa era (the Nogi girls have said this too in some interviews). I don't see anything wrong with accepting that there's a difference between the groups musically either, each of them has their flavor and that's good.

6. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Chemistry between members and camaraderie in AKB48 are there, it's just that it's not apparent in AKB48 singles, because, well, most of them aren't even involved with it :lol: There are many members in AKB48 that can perform any song a great service if given a chance. I found team-version of AKB48 singles performed in the theater almost always better than the senbatsu counterpart, unless if it's centered by Renacchi which will bring down the energy level a notch or two, or three :lol:

If Annin and Renacchi actually cared enough to actually improve their performance skills and actually contribute towards awesome AKB48 performances, then people will not complain as much. I mean, if you look at Ori-4 performances, aside from looking older, they haven't really improved. I'm just tired with the moody-lazy dancer-princesses members, or as @Reveen rudely put it, Xanax girls :lol:, being shoved in front every single.

Heck, they barely hang out with the other members and juniors and usually just hang out with each other, but that is probably because of their jobs also. Not being regular theater performers also doesn't help. They have almost zero chemistry with the majority of AKB48 aside from themselves (the Renacchi-Annin-Yuria-maybe Juri, who sometimes tags along, circle). There's an air of being untouchable coming from this group of members, and many fans don't see them taking full advantage of their position for the good of the group. If Tano-chan's revelation was any indication, maybe even the members themselves have similar thoughts.

7. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Renacchi and Annin aren't bursting with energy but they know their choreo, have pleasant voices, can hold a tune and are both beautiful and that's a lot more important to me than just energy imo. I don't want to name name like these Renacchi and Annin haters but I get more turned off by bad vocals and stiff dancing. As for their chemistry with the other members, maybe Annin is a little frigid but Renacchi actually does a lot for the other members like hello her sousenkyo?

Regardless, Renacchi and Annin can attract all kinds of strange unsubstantiated criticism but Aki-P will still push them and they will still remain more relevant than everyone else. Maybe the antis just feel a little disgruntled or something since they spend so much trying to make their oshis happen yet their oshis still don't get as much as Renacchi and Annin whose fans don't spend that much at election.

Honestly, I love seeing their haters seethe, it's thrilling to me. :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. jnam12

jnam12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurakaori
    I just realised this song's instrumental sounds like one of those champion wrestling songs
    - sooo it kinda works ....

Idk I know Matsumura and Shimada are in M-St's senbatsu, so the costumes and all of this may be just to push the TV show. AND IN REALITY, shoot sign has nothing to do with tofu wrestling.

Its not a bad song tbh, I like it, but its a lackluster Graduation song, especially for a member like Kojima and her status in AKB. From our view Kojima has fallen a lot relating to handshakes numbers and ranking but she brings in so much attention from the general public just by being a member. She has a lot of classic male AKB fans, but she is also popular with girls for fashion in general.

To me, in the sense of album sales, Paruru's grad probably will rake in more by comparison but with Nyan's they can go big to bring back AKB to the general public. No one knows "Mion or Sakura" but they know "Kojima" and she has shelled out of the AKB enough to be considered a normal celebrity (Jurina, a veteran idol, isn't at that level yet, but thats cuz management was thinking another decade for this girl so...).

But yea, hopefully the concept or album art is better for shoot sign, especially with Kojiharu being center.

Kojima is known to not have good centers... (personally I loved them all) / a lot of local fans think Kojima's last good centre was yuuhi wo miteiru ka (from a decade ago lol). But tbh I loved heart Ereki, and Green Flash.

To me, High Tension was a perfectly done single, Paruru got a clean good bye and they still promoted Casa-toomanytimesrevampedidkthestorylineanymore-gauken. Good song and mv too especially / 2 very good bsides too.

I just hope the best for nyan's single, cuz she is one of the few members who will do well after grad. Even public doesn't think of her as a full member - btw AkiP was telling Koji to be like a forever member who comes in like once a year (40th bday theater show Kojima Haruna!)

• Like Like x 1
  9. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    @parukii well, sure that variety is good, but some choreos do call for energy and vocals don't really matter in these group performances where it's mostly group singing and visuals.

Anyways, it looks like my preferences don't align anymore with what AKS are trying to do with AKB48 singles. The releases and lame TV appearances haven't brought up much enjoyment for me so I guess it's time to peace out.

10. alohano

alohano Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I'd rather watch Annin and Renacchi laying motionless on the theater floor than Izuta. I love these they can't sing and dance posts. Aki-P ever call them out for not giving a rip? LOL

High Tension and Love Trip....bad songs? Says who? Which of the 48G's songs are good?

Wow...tough crowd. Annin and Renacchi will be huge components of AKB48 until they graduate. That's it. Neither are my oshis or anything close but I find the range of opinions and statements here very interesting. Parukii-great post. Well said.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

Need member who have a full energy to promote new single with doing live performances in TV? Just call some eito member like Yokoyama Yui, Hitomi Honda, Kuranoo Narumi or Nakano Ikumi...they will not dissapoint you
    But we all know that's never gonna be happen

• Like Like x 1
  12. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I agree with this one. 46G or 48G songs have their own distinct character. And it is up to you to pick which one you prefer.
    Not that I hate 46G, I really like @garnetjester N46 no.2 and K46 No.1 Oshis, but their songs just not really grow on me, even though those are really good songs objectively. Not even Silent Majority. Maybe I should start listening to their B-sides. Any recommendation?
    While 48G A-sides are not that great, but they really did well sometimes. Kibouteki Refrain, BwT, Saikou Ka Yo, Boku wa Inai, LT, HT are doing great for me.
    I do like a lot of their B-side release. 47, 315, 365, Boku wa Shiiteiru and basically all T8 songs bar Amanojakku are high up in my favourite playlist.
    Shoot Sign is not that bad IMO.

BTW, why the hate towards Renacchi-Annin-Yuria?
    Renacchi-Annin dance maybe not that great, I'd much prefer Sayaya's. But after personally meeting them at USJ, they give a really good fanservice. Even though I hardly speak or understand Japanese, Renacchi (accompanied by Sayaya) try hard to start and keep the conversation going while I'm buying the ticket and fill out required forms. Lucky for me, there was no one queuing behind me so i can take my time even do handshake with them. Those 5-minute experience with Renacchi and Sayaya is one of the best experience ever in Japan. While at the performance, I seated on first row of second tier. I saw Minegishi, and (graduating) Takahashi Kira performing right in front of me. Guess who managed to give one of the best fanservice. The gori-pushed Yuria!!! I manage to got 3 high-fives with members when they are passing through, 2 of them from Yuria and Annin (the other one is Tomu). A Maachun-oshi beside me even said that Yuria is really warm and kind there. She gave personal high-touch (not the fast-passing one) to everyone in first-row on her area. Too bad no recording allowed at that segment. I think Sayaya and Renacchi remember me and kept signalling back from the stage (the stage is just around 8-10 meters away) whenever I wave or did a heart pose :blush:
    Of course all idols are expected to give some fanservice. But those are the names that stood out for me personally. Beside their outstanding beauty, maybe that is why they manage to still have a lot of fans in Japan. Except Sayaya, no one of them are in my Oshi list at that time. But after that, I begin to respect the management's choice to put Yuria-Renacchi as team B front liners, and pay more attention to them.

Wish the best for Nyan and her matsuri. I hope a better costume for Shoot Sign will be present there.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

At least I can answer this one, although everyone's answer might be different, but most people's gripes I've seen are the same as mine. From a foreign (non-interaction) perspective, these girls are pretty, but bland. Yuria's dancing is okay, but without a standout personality even good dancing can be bland. Renacchi and Annin have the Acchan/Paru-type "conservation of energy" dance moves that don't really have any sharpness or snap to them. All 3 of them fail to project any kind of specific "character" into their personality, which for some of us (including me) leaves them as basically blank slates. A pretty face and nothing else. Oh I know a few facts about each girl, her likes and dislikes, but I know that much about any of the members. These 3 have completely failed to stand out in any way personality-wise, despite having ample opportunity to cultivate a character. That may be their choice, but it's not necessarily a good choice for an idol. In the entertainment world, an idol's relevance to the public and even to the fans depends on a few factors, and standing out through personality is definitely ranked high among them. And it's not that they can't cultivate a character and still stay idol-like: even a Plain Jane idol like Yukirin manages to have a chara (Black, reaction queen, etc).

This type of eye candy idol who's really hard to delve into and find a personality for just isn't for everyone. I prefer to be able to tell at a glance or two what I'm getting when I see an idol performing or on a variety show. The 48 group is full of characters of all colors who consistently steal the spotlight; to me, a girl who doesn't have a good strong chara is always going to be behind a girl who has put a lot of thought and work into cultivating one.

14. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I can see your point and it is a very valid one. I even have similar thought back then before converted by them :^^;:
    We the international fans do not have ample opportunities to meet or know them off the recorded stage.

And my experience above was pure luck. Otherwise, I will still think very much the same with you all :)
    I was extending my stay in Osaka after some business, but managed to get Team 8 1st National Handshake and AKB performance on the same week. It was Mayu's team scheduled to perform 1 day before my flight back. So I said, I have to go there (and yeah, Mayu was in US for her PB shooting, but perform the next day and the day after :fp:). Still have not meet my kami-oshi in person.
    But personally, I learn something more about Renacchi-Annin-Yuria trio

I hope the xanax reference stop. I think it is just degrading.

15. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Just remember... opinions are like a**holes, everyone gots one. Sometimes they're full of sh*t. #Lesson :awesome:

• Like Like x 1
  16. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Ok this is ridiculous. You don't have to be loud and overreact in order to have a "character". Annin and Renacchi both have pretty developed characters and personalities which you will learn about if you had bothered to find out anything about them.

Of the top of my head, I can recall Annin making her fans do her homework for her and pretending that it is a quizz on google plus. Renacchi also had her kissing monster phase, the phase where everyone was pampering her to get into her good books, and now she's pretty much like a producer idol herself. They are both involved in acting now and you can hardly say that they are just pretty.

IDK anything about Yuria though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I like BOTH OF THEM 48 and 46 I guess I'm more addicted to AkiP's lyrics.
    I don't think I have a good taste in music but I'll recommend Buranko, Senpuuki, and basically most of Under member songs, and Kimi ni Okuru Hana ga Nai, and all Nanase solo (it's true she doesn't have a good-good voice but it's calming for me), and recently I find Sakanatachi no LOVE SONG's intro was magical. .

18. Qbam

Qbam Kenkyuusei

More update of HS result please

Sent from my E6883 using Tapatalk

19. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

So what qualifies as "character" to you mr all knowing @rka ?

20. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Sales don't open up again for another 40 minutes.