1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Album AKB48 8th [Thumbnail] (17/01/25)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by YJSN_ParuYuko, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Sales number is definitely part of the bundle when a group is riding high. The golden age of any group can clearly be discerned based on several factors of success, and one of those is certainly their numbers (even if they are gimmick sales, they still count as money in the pocket of the enterprise).

That said, I personally never cared too much about the numbers, but even I get a bit of a thrill out of seeing AKB or its sister groups sell well. It's like, "Ah, they managed to do it again!" So I definitely agree with what you all are saying about how sales numbers do matter. It's just too bad that there's no real conclusive way to count every single copy that was sold, because all the numbers are skewed somewhat by each agency that records them...

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Regardless of what may be the real number for sales , they are still dominating other Japanese music group bands and artists by a huge margin lol

Plus its fair to say, not all sales for each CD is bought because they make real good music, it's the event tickets what people are after >__>

So the number of sales is just a reference of indicator whether they are still popular or not to me

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  3. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    The best metrics for AKS and 48G are their bank accounts ;)
    48group CD sales are highly inflated by theatre edition sales and don't really represent public interest. You should be better of asking some market research companies about that.
    As for potential investors: normally investors would look at your financial figures. Just looking at CD sales would only help you estimate someones revenues but you would hardly learn anything about their profits.

CD sales only really help you to estimate retailer and wholesaler profit since their margins are pretty much the same.

4. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    The only songs I really go back to is Tanjoubi Tango and Coin toss; probably my fav songs from the album - and I guess Ano hi no Jibun would be my 3rd.

Tanjoubi tango has really weird lyrics and IDK why but I feel it's relatable (in the most egotistical way possible lol). I really love the lyrics and the girls who sing this song are known for their beauty I suppose lol. I hope Kojiharu gets to perform this before she graduates just for laughs lol. Coin Toss just suited me more as a song...definitely listen to it the most.

I actually desperately wanted to love Get You with Sasshi and MM, but the song is kind of bland to me...sounds like something MM would have released as a B-side back in the day; and to be fair it is just an album track so I guess it works out. I'm sure Sasshi will somehow get MM to perform this song with her; maybe it'll be a graduation gift from MM when the time comes lol.

5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

AKB48's 8th Album (Thumbnail) (2nd Week Sales)
    Week 2:
    9,499 (619,064) (9th)

6. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I just realized that runners high could've been a new chu unit

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

It basically is Tentoumu 2.0, they just haven't said it officially.

8. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

More like Ddmc 2.0, or basically an evolution from Ttmc to Ddmc to whatever it is. Originally, it was supposed to be favorite KKS, then turned into those member that already got pushed, then if this become a unit, it will be a unit full of gori pushed members. Everyone except for Ayaka have been a center! Hana had multiple center already... and a solo. Yuiyui already had a solocon.
    Personally, if they want to make a new chu unit, it is better to use the new gen from each group, so AKB 16th gen, SKE 8th gen, NMB 5th gen, HKT 4th gen, and NGT 1st gen. So probably Taguchi Manaka, Yamamoto Ayaka, Takeda Tomoka, Takakura Moeka and someone from SKE (I', not familiar enough with SKE 8th gen).

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  9. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    ^Nomura Miyo or Inoue Ruka would be good choices.

10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Too bad it was easily the worst music/lyrics of the new songs on the album. They should treat their new investments with a little more care.

11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Okay but why not Tendenmuchu instead >_>

12. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

13. Rurouni

Will it get digital release tho?

14. Rurouni

Get you! and Ayamachi is now available on iTunes! at least on iTunes Japan. Probably also on other digital download services since I see it charted on Recochoku (probably for at least 2 days). Of course it is still early, but Ayamachi is charted a bit higher than Get you! on both Recochoku and iTunes (it wasn't on iTunes top 100, but Ayamachi currently no.2 and Get you! no.3 on AKB song ranking).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  15. Rurouni

Murayama Yuiri will also participate on both days.

16. Rurouni

17. Rurouni

Thumbnail Live Event coverage from Jijipress

if the video does not show watch the video here

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    wow, haven't thought the Hanami Taikai theme can be this fun :D

Imma make some kimchi pork with rice too

lmao ijiri okata still doing that thing awesome, licking people's personal items XD

19. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

Aaaaaah, poor Riripon o_____o

20. Rurouni

I thought I was the only one that is posting on this thread... :^^;:
    Hopefully they will air this somewhere... it looks fun :)