Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    went to the concert yesterday and i had a blast! first tiem seeing her, i really liked the venue and the stage was beautifly lit, wasamin looked gorgeous as always, i had and awesome aisle seat (thanks to cristafari) and she was pretty close to where i was when she started roaming the seats, the guitar part was awesome, too bad there was no special guests, when they announced the next concert everybody was congratulating her and she looked really happy, saba kaido is a GREAT closing song.
    i had an awesome time and it was pretty cool to sea all the wasamin wota
    i managed to take a couple of good pictures:
    https://i.imgur.com/BYQy6Bk.jpg
    https://imgur.com/a/NA56o

Man, Makiho must be the coolest kouhai ever, she's always rolling with the seniors.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    so nice to see all the report you guys done, make me feel like I'm really close to her
    3rd solo concert is an amazing gift for Wasamin's birthday, for all of her hardwork up until now
    and then, before Cristafari post a huge report about the concert, with lots of photo, I would like to like to borrow all the photos you guys taken in the concert to post on my little fanpage, really appreciated you guys

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki 2nd Solo Concert at Asakusa Kokaido (2017/01/29)

To say this was a long-anticipated concert would be an understatement. I went back and looked at the OP of the concert thread, and it was announced 10 1/2 months ago. Wasamin's first solo concert was such a special event, that I am fairly sure every Wasafan couldn't wait to do it again. The first trick was not to lose our tickets, which we purchased and received in March. My tickets made the journey from Tokyo to California, where they sat in the trunk of my car all Summer, and finally back to Japan. Every once in a while I would check my small suitcase to make sure they were still there. LOL

A Weekend filled with Wasamin activity
    The concert was on Sunday, but on Saturday most Wasafans flocked to Book 1st in Shinjuku, where we queued up to preorder Wasamin's upcoming PB. There were three different packages you could buy, from the basic package, which includes an autographed copy of the PB, plus a handshake and poster. Then there are multi-buy packages where you get additional perks like 1-shots and 2-shot chekis. However, this was not the only special PB pre-order this weekend....

IMG_5410.jpg
    Ad for the PB, plus my autographed Clear File. Do I spy a Mizugi???

Deja vu, weren't we just here a year ago?
    So I knew there was going to be a lot going on Sunday, but I wasn't sure what was happening, and when. I only knew that an early goods table would be open from noon until 2pm. There was also the issue of me having an extra ticket to the show, which I hadn't been able to sell. I did have one buyer, but he flaked at the last minute. Ultimately I gave it to @hermionepj1 as an upgrade, and he paid me the difference. This way I was eating a 3rd floor seat, and not a first floor seat.

IMG_5326.jpg
    Some of the flowers sent to give Wasamin best wishes

Anyway, I got to the venue at 10am, and the line wasn't too long. But again, I wasn't even sure what I was lining up for. However, everyone was there, so whatever happens, happens, right? At around 11am, the line started moving. When we got to the table, one of Wasamin's assistants, Yamaue-san, was passing out numbered tickets. It turned out they were to reserve an autographed Clear File at the goods booth later that night. Once they passed out the 100 tickets (I got #52), they re-queued us in the same order for goods. Pretty much everyone bought the 7500 yen "Everything" package, which included the concert T-shirt, Oshi-towel, heart-shaped lightstick, and a Saba Kaido Uchiwa. They also had the Wasamin calendar, but most fans bought that last year. So it was 12:30, and the next event wasn't until 3:15, so many of the Wasafans decided to have a pre-show party at a nearby Izakaya.

IMG_6412.jpg IMG_5409.jpg IMG_5411.jpg
    Heart Penlight on the right. Lightstick on the left is from last year, although I transferred it on to a multi-colored King Blade

Ichigo Seats
    One of the perks for lucky fans was the "Ichigo Seat", which sold out in 5 minutes when tickets originally went on sale. I originally missed out on getting an ichigo ticket, but I was able to obtain one a few days later. Ichigo seat holders were to be treated to a special pre-show event, and receive some special goods. We lined up before 3pm, anticipating doors opening at 3:15, but there was a delay. A long delay. we ended up standing in the queue until around 3:50pm before doors finally opened. As we entered we received our gift...

IMG_5407.jpg

It turned out that it was a short mini-live/sound check. Wasamin sang Mujineki, and Saba Kaido, with an MC in the middle where she was wondering why hardly anyone put the badge on. "You guys are supposed to wear it!" I also noticed there was no band. Last year she had a backing band, so I assumed she would have one this year too. But that was pretty much it, 15-20 minutes, and we were booted out while Wasamin did a few last-minute press interviews. However, we were led out of the hall but then stopped in this tight little hallway for 20 minutes, and it was friggin hot in there! Ichikawa-san kept coming into the hallway to apologize, but most of us were wondering why they weren't letting us out. There must have been a reason, right?

We were waiting for Wasamin! They had planned a high-touch for us as we left, but she was busy with the press. Finally she came out, but everything was running far behind schedule, so Yamaue-san was really rushing us through the line. However, I did get a chance to wish Wasamin good luck as she exclaimed Chrisuuuu!!!

IMG_5327.jpg
    Queueing up for the big show!

5:00 Doors Open
    We pretty much queued for the show right after the Ichigo event ended. I was queued up outside. It was really funny, if you have ever been to Asakusa, they have those guys pulling tourists in rickshaws. Every one that passed the concert hall was telling their fare about the Iwasa Misaki concert. Once we got in, everyone was given an autographed cheering flag, which was something they mentioned back in March. Of course there was the concert goods table, as well as the CD DVD table, and a photobook pre-order table. which was by far the busiest since they had a special offer of a special limited-edition cover if you pre-ordered the PB at the venue. You also got free shipping!

IMG_5408.jpg
    Cheering flag, and the uchiwa

Again they had the special "museum room", where they had posted a bunch of Wasamin photography. (Last year it was a few of Wasamin's most iconic AKB outfits) Most of the photos were shot in London, Paris, and on location at her PV filming. Here are a few examples...

IMG_5330.jpg IMG_5337.jpg
    IMG_5328.jpg IMG_5336.jpg IMG_5338.jpg IMG_5342.jpg IMG_5345.jpg

Between the goods, the clear file, PB, and photography room, it was already going on 5:30, time for the show!!!

The Concert
    Right before the show we all noticed a bunch of AKB members sitting on the third floor. Everyone kept yelling for Tanamin, who waved and then hid. Meanwhile, Mariyannu was waving her cheering flag. Wasamin of course did the kage-ana, and a short time later the lights came down. The show started with a "music-box" version of Mujineki, before the curtain rose. So Mujineki opened the show, followed by Gomen, ne Tokyo, and then an entire section devoted to promoting her second album. To be honest, the beginning felt kinda like a glorified mini-live. But after the second MC, Wasamin started singing songs we had never heard her perform before, and that's where the fun really started...

IMG_5351.jpg

Speaking of MCs, she was basically doing the same thing she does at her mini-lives. Promoting her CDs, events, PBs. The progression of the show was quite interesting. It was like it kept kicking into a higher gear. About one-third of the way in, we were treated to our first VTR, which was a history of Wasamin learning the guitar. She mentioned that "Give Me Five" was her initiation into the guitar, and she liked it. We got to see her taking lessons, stuff like that. From there Wasamin did a costume change, and it was time for the guitar portion of the show.

She did a very good job with the guitar, but she makes mistakes here and there. She still has some work to do to become more proficient. But at the end of the day she is playing these songs decently, and her singing never falters. She even asked the crowd at one point if we would like her to do more acoustic guitar stuff, and of course we said yes. Finally, after the three acoustic guitar numbers, it was time for....

Photography Corner!!!
    This was probably my favorite part of the first concert, and this year it did not disappoint at all! Not only is it fun, but Wasamin picked excellent songs to perform. High energy, fun, and the fans went crazy when she sang Gakuen Tengoku. Wasamin was having a great time too, just look at my photos!

IMG_5366.jpg IMG_5367.jpg IMG_5370.jpg
    IMG_5358.jpg IMG_5365.jpg IMG_5368.jpg IMG_5371.jpg IMG_5377.jpg IMG_5380.jpg IMG_5386.jpg
    By the way, I put more photos in the Concert thread.
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...olo-concert-2017-01-29-asakusa-kokaido.14808/

After that, Wasamin sang a few old favorites before the main set ended. Fans immediately started a chorus of "Wa-Sa-Min!", and a short time later we saw a 2nd VTR. This time it was a look back at Wasamin's year from her graduation announcement to the present. She was really busy last year, and this year is proving to be even more busy. After TomoBojo and Ishikari Banka, Wasamin was into her final MC when we saw the third "Surprise VTR", announcing the concert in Otemachi this Summer. Everyone congratulated her, and she went into a long MC on how she felt this past year and how thankful she has been for the fan support. Finally she ended the show with Saba Kaido, which to me is among her best singles.

IMG_5394.jpg

Aftermath
    There was a special post-show backstage event that fans who bought the album could win, but nobody I know even applied for it since we all thought it was just going to be part of the Ichigo event. So I have no idea what happened there, nor have I heard anyone talk about it. Instead many of the regular fan club members (party of 36) created our own after-party at a local Izakaya, where we celebrated Wasamin's birthday. We even had a cake! (Which almost burnt the restaurant down...seriously) We also recorded a group birthday message and sent it to Wasamin's manager. So fun tiems!

IMG_5401.jpg IMG_5403.jpg IMG_5404.jpg
    Saba and Ebi!

And, we go right back to business as usual.
    Wasamin has two mini-lives this week in Chiba and Asakusa
    Chara-ani 2-shot cheki event on Saturday in Gotanda
    NHK Performance in Osaka on the 9th
    Following weekend on the 11th and 12th she will be doing two PB release events
    Wasamin Bus Tour on the 13th
    Mini-Live in Akabane on the 17th
    Another Chara-ani cheki event in Gotanda on the 18th
    Wasamin solo dinner show in Nagoya on the 19th
    and then she is back to France for Japan Expo Sud, AND a performance in Paris

BUSY!!!

4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
  5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Wasamin's PB is now available to pre-order from CDJapan and these pictures on the site appear to show the covers:

NEOBK-2056665.jpg NEOBK-2056665_2.jpg

The retail price though is 3500 JPY! :shocku: With the addition of the shipping charge to the UK even by Air Mail being 3000 JPY I'll have to give it a miss for now but maybe I can track down a copy when I visit Japan at the end of next month.

6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @David61 Thank you, I will add the new information to the PB thread OP

I spy Chiizu-chan on the back cover!

7. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    First post here. Damn, how did I miss this amazing voice and talent? Wasamin is so cool and her voice is capable of so much expression. :inlove::inlove::inlove: . Will be following this thread from here on in. Damn @Cristafari , you chose your oshi well!!!

8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki "Saba Kaido" Special Chara-Ani Cheki Event at Nippon Crown/Tokuma Records Offices (2017/02/04)

In addition to the countless mini-live pre-order events...In addition to the special bonus offers via Tower, WonderGoo, Rakuten...The other CD promotion to sell Wasamin CDs in the special Cheki Event via Chara-Ani. Essentially you are getting a handshake ticket with a cheki when you do this pre-order. This isn't a singing event, instead it is done in the offices of Wasamin's record label. Actually, last year for Gomen, ne Tokyo they did them after the Nagara Pro Enka festival concerts in Nagoya in Tokyo.

For this single there would be two events, both taking place at the same location. Like with AKB, it is done in timeslots, and Wasamin does a costume change between each slot so.....you know.....we all want to get tickets for each one. The offices are in a non-descript building about a kilometer from Gotanda Station. There is a lot of security, and they are very strict about where you can and cannot go within the building. But that's alright, we are all there just to play with Wasamin anyway.

This was my first chance to talk to Wasamin since the big concert last weekend. I got there shortly before the first slot started and noticed that ALL of the fans brought their concert goods to use as props for their chekis. Shit! Why didn't I think of that? No matter, since there are two of these events I will do that for the next one. In any case, I had plenty of other stuff to talk about with her...

SLOT 1
    Once I got into the building I was sent into the elevator, and led into the waiting room where I queued up. Eventually I was led into a second room, and the actual queue to see Wasamin. Since this was also the first time I was getting to see Wasamin since her birthday, I came bearing gifts. The first was a small tin of Chocolate Strawberries, but the most important gift was my first fan letter written completely in Japanese....

Wasamin: Hello! (I hand her the letter, she reads the envelope) Misaki-chan!!! (Showing it to her manager) Misaki-chan!!!
    Me: Open it, look...
    (Wasamin stares at it for a few moments, and turns to me)
    Wasamin: Jouzu...Jouzu.
    Me: Happy birthday, I have a present too.
    We were then told to do our pose

IMG_4425.JPG
    (Misaki-chan holding my letter)

I handed Wasamin the gift. She thanked me for coming, and I told her I would be back. By the way, the moment I saw Wasamin's outfit I noticed something familiar about it. She actually wore the exact same outfit at one of her events for Request Covers 3 1/2 years ago. XD

SLOT 2
    I went to lunch with a few of the Wasafaithful, and we didn't get back to Tokuma until the middle of Slot 2. No matter, I only had one ticket anyway. I recently started wearing reading glasses, mainly for reading Japanese. If any of you have read a comic or manga, sometimes they print small hiragana underneath the kanji, and this is impossible for me to read. So now when I am reading Japanese I have to wear glasses. Anyway, Wasamin had never seen me in them. I felt kinda silly, since they are strictly for reading, so everything was looking a bit blurry when I walked in...

Wasamin: You wear glasses?
    Me: These are new. Misaki-chan looks super cute! (referring to the sexy maid outfit)
    Wasamin: Thank you (does a curtsy)
    Me: I bought the glasses to read Japanese. Very small Japanese writing is hard for me to read. (I pulled out one of my other tickets to illustrate what I meant)
    Wasamin: Naruhodo
    (Just then we were asked what pose to do, I suggested a "maid" pose, which Wasamin struggled with for a few moments. But I think it came out well)

IMG_4424.JPG

Chris: Oh, I loved the concert. It was a lot of fun!
    Wasamin: Are you coming to Otemachi? (referring to her 3rd concert this Summer)
    Chris: Of course!!!!!!
    Wasamin: Chris C'mon. I will be waiting for you (in English)

After that I left again, and found a Tully's coffee to go veg out in until the third slot. I wanted to line up early since I had dinner plans right after in Shin-Okubo, and I needed to walk all the way back to the train station. Anyway, I headed back shortly before the third slot started...

SLOT 3
    I was trying to decide what to talk to Wasamin about for the third slot. I had a few ideas, we'll see how it goes. I enter the room, and Wasamin is wearing some sort of Ninja/Street Fighter cosplay. I immediately say....

Me: Misaki-chan to Kurisu no Taiketsu!!!
    (We immediately get into fighting pose, and Saso-san snaps the pic)

IMG_4423.JPG

Me: For Setsubun, I ate my first Eho-maki!
    Wasamin: I know
    Me: Ehhhh???
    Wasamin: I read your twitter
    Me: You did?
    Wasamin: "Ooooh big, Eho-Maki Big!"
    (That is exactly what I wrote on my tweet when I posted the photo of the Eho-maki)
    Me: Yes, that is Takamina's line!
    (We're all laughing)
    Me: See you next week for Wasamin and Chiizu's Shashinshuu!
    Wasamin: Chiizu, (LOL)

So there goes Wasamin, reading my twitter again when I'm not expecting it. I honestly wonder how often she is reading my tweets. I don't think she reads everything I write, but then again I didn't even link her to that one. So I'm not sure. But it was funny that she actually remembered exactly what I wrote.

That is why she is my Oshimen!!!

Anyway, the next couple of weeks are filled with Wasafun. This Saturday is the Wasamin PB release event in Shinjuku. I now have three separate tickets for that since a friend of mine wanted autographed copies, but can't go. He bought the ticket, and gave it to me so I get the benefits. Also, Monday is the Wasamin Bus Tour. We will be touring around Kanagawa Prefecture. First going to an historic site (that I have actually visited before), then we will be making our own Dumplings and Gyoza, and finally visiting a Shrine. I'm sure there will be some singing along the way, and of course we will be having fun in the bus too.

The following week we have Wasamin's second chara-ani cheki event, as well as her first solo dinner show in Nagoya. I am really interested in what this dinner show will be like. It was considerably less expensive than the two Christmas Dinner shows, which were both wonderful. The only thing that I do know is that it isn't open bar. But whatever, it should still be a lovely occasion.

9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    LOL

"Ohh, big, Tokyo Dome, big!"
    There is a reason Takamina made Baka 7. :)

10. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    great review as always, the fighter costume is awesome!!
    i forgot to mention i went to the mini live in asakusa on Feb 3rd. she sang a new song, ginza something i think (terrible terrible japanese) wich was pretty good, during the mc she was talking about her upcoming shows and something about a banana tv show??? at the end there was a handshake with her and she was really nice, during the live singing she kept staring at me and i was getting actually nervous haha.
    the next day i went to the akb48 handshake event in yokohama and as i was going out the sashihara booth someone recognized me from the wasamin concert :)
    sorry about the half assed report.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    The song is called Ginza Kankan Musume (Ginza Can-Can Girl), from the movie of the same name. Recorded in 1949 by Takamine Hideko.

UPDATE:

A story on Wasamin is one of the top trending articles on Yahoo News today. It talks about Wasamin's blossoming singing career, and that her path to Enka has resulted in her being the most successful singer AKB48 has turned out!

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170207-00000011-ykf-ent

13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    ^ I love it. When she was asked who is "marriage-eligible" she said anyone younger than her dad, which pretty much leaves over 90% of her fanbase eligible.

It should also be noted that shortly before that interview Wasamin asked me how old I was. [hehe]

Iwasa Misaki First PB Release Event at Book 1st, Shinjuku (2017/02/11)

Anyway, I have plenty of Wasabooks now!

IMG_4433.JPG

And my copy with the special cover arrived from the publisher. Was waiting in my mailbox when I returned from the event...

IMG_4434.JPG

So right now I have six copies, three autographed, one special cover, and two regular. Not to mention three special posters, which is an offshot poster size version of one of her PB photoshoots. Although two of the books and one poster are already "sold"

IMG_4430.JPG

I had three tickets for the event, one yellow (three books) and two white (one book). One of my white tickets actually belonged to another fan who wanted an autographed copy, but couldn't go. I was a bit tired yesterday morning, so I got to the event late. When I arrived the line was already really big. In fact, although the event started at noon, it was almost 1pm when I finally made it inside and got to see Wasamin for the first time. I used my yellow ticket first. Here is my 1-shot...

IMG_4428.JPG

I told Wasamin to do any pose she wanted, as long as I could get her cute skirt into the shot. We took our cheki right after that, it was at this point that Wasamin asked me how old I really was. (I think I have made jokes about being 17 like Kaotan, and also being the same age as her in the past) When I told her my age she kinda whispered to me under her breath "otona". Yeah, I know.

IMG_4436.JPG

By the way, one of the guards at this event seemed to be a fan of Wasamin. He was laughing so hard at every joke she made. He was a really nice guy though, and made a big deal out of the fact that I had three tickets. For my second ticket I talked to her about the bus tour on Monday. I was telling her that I had been to the Battleship Mikasa before, and that this would be good for a class I am taking. In fact, one of my teachers expects me to do a report on my visit. So Wasamin's bus tour is turning into a study event. On my last ticket I asked her about the solo Dinner show next weekend. Also, I made a slight faux pas on my last handshake, but it was partially the fault of one of the manager's...

At the end of your handshake Wasamin is supposed to hand you your books. While you are talking he would leave the books just to her right. Only this time he actually dropped them right between us, and said something to the effect of "here are your books". So instinctively I went to pick them up. Wasamin and Ichikawa-san were like "Hey wait" Wasamin grabbed the books and pretended to run away from me with them. Then she was playing keep-away. So it ended up being a cute moment.

IMG_4435.JPG

One of my autographed copies. With each ticket you got close to a minute of conversation, not including the cheki and 1-shot. So it was well worth the time, although it made the line move a bit slow. When I finished my third ticket it was 2pm. They were pretty much wrapping up by then, but there may have been a couple people who had more than three tickets. I didn't stick around to count.

As for the PB. I love it. Of couse I am biased. But she looks beautiful. There are a bunch of different photoshoots in it. One of my favorites is the one with her wearing a fancy dinner dress, posing around Ginza (I think it's Ginza) Also, the Paris photoshoot is quite nice too. It is a very classy book. It does have a couple of bikini shoots, the one pictures above, and there is another with her in a cute sky-blue bikini. But overall the book suits her personality well.

IMG_4437.JPG

And I am ready for the dinner show! I was getting worried, because it took the post office three days to re-deliver this. But it finally arrived. But first, bus tour on Monday, and then the cheki event on the 18th.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Hi there.

Wasamin will be in France in two weeks for her 2nd visit there.
    I won't attend Japan Expo Sud (too far), but i will attend her concert in Paris on february 27th.
    I'm planning on having an interview with her, (although not guaranteed right now, I'm still waiting for the organisers's answer) and I would like to gather some questions from her fans.
    PM me if you want to say something to her, I will do my best to relay your thoughts.

@Cristafari May I mention you even if just for a "hello" ?

16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    The Wasamin Valentine's Day Bus Tour (2017/02/13)

IMG_5547.jpg

This was yet another event that was advertised in our periodic monthly fan club newsletter. Although according to the invitation you didn't necessarily have to be in the fan club to attend, but the only place it was promoted was within the fan club. In any case, this was the second bus tour Wasamin has done, the first one took place around Tokyo. This time Wasamin was taking it to the next level. Not only were we traveling out to Kanagawa Prefecture, she had filled the schedule with interesting activities along the way.

IMG_5520.jpg

The event started early Monday morning in a bus parking lot near Tokyo Station. As the crowd grew in the reception area, we were soon made aware that there were actually two full size buses for the event. One of the event promotions was that Wasamin would be traveling with us on the bus. So this meant she would be splitting time. I was assigned Bus #2, in the second to last row. The nice thing was that I had nobody in the seat next to me, so I had plenty of time and space to do my homework during the long ride. Our first trip was out to Yokosuka, which is about 1-1/2 to 2 hours away. Wasamin was in Bus #1. However, we pulled off of the highway about half way there so she could switch to our bus. It was extremely laid back. She was just hanging out with us, answering questions and stuff. Eventually we made it to Yokosuka, and to our first destination...

Stop #1: Battleship Mikasa, Yokosuka

IMG_5519.jpg

I had mentioned to Wasamin last week that I have actually visited the Mikasa before. Not only that, but I am currently studying the Russo-Japanese war, which this ship was heavily involved in. So this was actually killing two birds with one stone. Before we entered the ship we took group pictures with Wasamin. Since there were around 75 of us, we were divided into three groups of 25. I was in the "blue group," which went last. Yes, on the back of our tour necklaces was a bunch of stuff in code, we were slowly learning what it all meant. Bus assignment, photo group, and one more which we would find out about later.

IMG_5486.jpg IMG_5485.jpg

Once on the ship half of us scattered, while the other half pretty much stuck around Wasamin. I was trying to see as much of the boat as I could since we were late, and had limited time. We watched a film that went over the history of the boat, and were allowed around 15-20 minutes afterwards to look around before we had to go. For about half of that time I was talking to an English-speaking curator who was telling me about some of the ship's history. Eventually Wasamin and Ichikawa-san came over and asked me to follow them. She was going to put the official visitor stamp on everyone's brochure, and I got to be first.

IMG_5546.jpg

After that we left the ship, on to the bus for our next mission...

Stop #2: Gyoza and Dumpling making lessons at Yoshu Hanten, Yokohama Chinatown

IMG_5537.jpg

Wasamin spent the next ride on Bus #1, so I continued to do homework while we were serenaded by Wasamin's 2nd Album. I forgot to mention that both buses had a proper tour guide. So when Wasamin wasn't on the bus we would be receiving a traditional bus tour. The skies were really clear, so we had a beautiful view of Mt. Fuji from Tokyo. However, I was on the wrong side of the bus to get a good photo. Eventually we arrived in Chinatown. None of us had any idea what these cooking lessons would entail. We came upon a restaurant on the main drag, and were led into a private dining room on the top floor. This is what the third number on our necklaces were for, it was our lunch seat assignment.

IMG_9150.jpg

We were all seated at large, family-style tables, complete with the "lazy-susan" in the middle. There were all of the ingredients for making our Gyoza and Dumplings. Wasamin was seated at her own table in the middle. Eventually she walked from table to table seeing how our food was coming out. It was a lot of fun, and I think mine came out well, although I definitely could've put more filling into my dumpling, not to mention my gyoza could have been crimped better. They took our creations away, and then lunch started. Geez, I thought we were only eating what we made. I had no idea an 8-course Chinese meal was about to come out of the kitchen.

IMG_5528.jpg IMG_5530.jpg
    My Gyoza and Dumpling. Not bad...rest of the meal below

IMG_5525.jpg IMG_5526.jpg IMG_5529.jpg IMG_5531.jpg IMG_5532.jpg IMG_5533.jpg

Just as we thought the lunch was coming to an end, more dishes came out, including our now cooked gyoza and dumplings. And of course it wouldn't be a Wasa-lunch unless there was some Ebi involved. At the end of lunch Wasamin announced that we would all get to take a shamekai with her, and receive a Valentine's Day present. Wasamin and I were both full from the big meal...

IMG_5534.jpg IMG_5540.jpg
    More Wasa-candy!

My table was the second to do shamekai, so I had plenty of time to roam around Chinatown and check out the shops. I have actually been here multiple times before, so it was nothing new. Yokohama Chinatown is very close to Pacifico Yokohama, where the 48-groups regularly hold events. Many of the fans were buying Chinese trinkets to give to Wasamin as a gift. Finally, we got back on to the bus for our third destination...

Stop #3: Iseyama Kotai-Jingu Shrine, Yokohama

IMG_5542.jpg

Our final stop was at a small Shinto shrine near Chinatown, where we would be holding prayers for Wasamin. The event was complete with Shinto priests, and a shrine maiden. It was beautifully done, in fact I almost teared up. Thinking about Misaki-chan's personal hopes and dreams somehow really affected me. Oh, and there was also a prayer done for the fan club too. So that was nice. Afterwards we all had a small saucer of sake, and went back onto the main grounds. Everyone was purchasing various good luck charms and those little fortune cards while Wasamin hund one of those prayer placards on their wall.

IMG_5543.jpg
    Wasamin's prayer card

I wasn't sure what my wish said, but one of the other fans, Kimura-san (he was one of the guys who went to London and France, the quiet one) told me that my fortune was pretty good. A little while later Wasamin asked me what I got. So I showed it to her and asked if it was good. She was like "Yes, it is good". She then demonstrated with her hands what level of "good" it was, but from her demonstration she made it seem like it was really low. I exclaimed "Hidoi!!!" and grabbed my my education charm which I had also shown her. A few minutes later as we were walking back toward the bus the sun was in our eyes and I was squinting and covering my eyes. Just then Wasamin came up to me and started laughing as she asked me if I was squinting. I was like "I can't see!" In any case, it was fun just hanging out with Wasamin and talking like we were all friends out for the day. Eventually we were back on the bus for our ride back to Tokyo.

Since our bus hadn't had Wasamin's presence since the morning, we got her company for the entire 1+ hour ride back. I'm not sure if she was actually recording, but she did an episode of "Wabi Sabi Rajio" on the bus, complete with letters from fans. And we got to ask questions live. After that she just chit-chatted with us for the rest of the ride back. It seems Wasamin has been apartment shopping lately, and she was really dismayed by the prices of the apartments she looked at. Of course she has been looking in some of the most expensive parts of Tokyo, so what did she expect? Many of the fans were giving her some suggestions. The bummer for me was that I was in the second to last row of the bus, so those of us in the back didn't really get a chance to participate in these informal chat sessions. Oh well. Perhaps next time I will insist on being in the front of Bus #1.

IMG_5484.jpg
    Straining to see Wasamin at the front of the bus. Actually, she wasn't in the bus when I took this pic

We made it back to Tokyo and said our goodbyes. We were together for almost 9 hours. That is A LOT of Wasa-time! And itas so much fun doing these kinds of things. You could almost equate it to Wasamin having a group date with all of her fans. That is honestly what it felt like. I also think that is part of why the prayer affected me the way it did. Make no mistake, I have seen the humanity of Misaki-chan for a long time. But this event made even more real. She wasn't performing. She was just out with us, sharing the experience...

And how cool is that? Wasamin's fan club is just the most amazing thing ever, isn't it? It is non-stop fun. Next week we have the cheki event, and then her solo dinner show in Nagoya. So never a dull moment...

and if any Wasafans are in Tokyo this week, she has a mini-live in Akabane on Friday afternoon. Just lettin' y'all know!

17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Full PV of Saba Kaido, courtesy of Japan Expo Sud

if the video does not show watch the video here

Note: Wasamin will performing at 3pm this afternoon at Biseido, an Enka shop near Akabane Station.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  18. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Lovely video :D Also thanks again for the update. I love her outfit in your latest 2shot!

19. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Mini-Live at Tower Records Urawa, Saitama Prefecture (2017/02/20)

I'm kinda doing these reports out of order. As you can see, my report on Saturday's Cheki event is below, and I still haven't done a writeup for Wasamin's Solo Dinner Show in Nagoya. That is next on the agenda. Anyway...

When I left the dinner show a few people had asked me if I was going to Urawa on Monday, and I said that I wasn't. However, I was confusing this with Wasamin's occasional Monday afternoon radio broadcast she does in Omiya, which is near Urawa. I boarded the subway to head back to Nagoya Station and catch the Shinkansen back to Tokyo. As I sat down one of the other Wasafans spotted me and sat down next to me. He's a really nice guy, and I have only noticed him at events recently, although I have been told he has been a Wasamin fan for a while. Anyway, we chit chatted a bit, and he also asked me if I was going to Urawa. When I said no because it conflicts with my schedule, he pointed out that the event was in the evening. Huh? I guess I hadn't looked at the schedule, this was a last-minute addition to Wasamin's promotion schedule. Also, Urawa isn't far from my apartment. So of course I could go. I thanked him for the information as we parted ways (he was spending the night in Nagoya)

So this was cool. I would have one more chance to hang out with Wasamin before she headed to France. I met my friend Kenji at Shinjuku Station, and we headed to the event. Kenji also wanted to get his hands on his copy of Wasamin's PB, which I had. (BTW, if any of you are in Japan and want a discounted copy, I have a couple extras) We got to Urawa very early, and decided to have dinner at a local Izakaya. Anything to get out of the passing rain storm.

20 minutes before the event we headed over to Tower Records. It was a small shop in a Parco shopping center, with a tiny little stage setup and an even smaller area for fans to gather. People ended up camping throughout the aisles to watch Wasamin perform. The MC was very happy that so many people made it out on a rainy Monday night. Finally Wasamin came out in plain clothes. Here is the setlist...

Setlist
    1. Mujineki
    2. Toki no Nagare ni Mi wo Makase
    3. Ringo no Uta
    4. Saba Kaido

tower.jpg

Wasamin seemed to be a little bit subdued during the performance, but she pepped up during handshakes. Perhaps she was tired, it had been a long four days of work. The line snaked through the aisles of the store. I hung out a bit checking out some of the store's stock. That reminds me, the tiny stage was sandwiched in-between the American DVD section and the kids section, and on prominent display just to the right of Wasamin was this...

nyan1.jpg nyan2.jpg nyan3.jpg nyan4.jpg nyan55.jpg

I was like "Nyanko????? What the hell is this series????" So instinctively when I got to the front of the queue I kinda tiptoad over in "Nyan Pose", and Wasamin started "Nyan Nyan"-ing at me. I was like "Nyan?, what is this film??? Wasamin was like. "I don't know, I have never seen it before!" We were both laughing at the covers of the DVDs. I was going to tell her that one of my all time favorite films, Phantom of the Paradise, was on display right behind her. But I ran out of time while laughing about Nyanko. When I looped back around I felt that I needed to tell Wasamin that I also worked today, since Wasamin was asking how many people came from work to attend the mini-live. I didn't know if she saw that I raised my hand. It's weird, I have ld many idols that I have a job, but I don't think I actually told Wasamin. Anyway, she is surprised, and started calling me "Sensei"

And that was it, a quick one-shot mini-live before Wasamin jets off to France to entertain all the Frenchies. Actually, we have a little bit of a lull in Wasamin events. I guess giving the fans a chance to catch our breaths, not to mention Wasamin and her staff. Although we are all still waiting for the results of the prize drawings from the album and single. The BBQ Party, Saba Party, and Karaoke Party should be happening in the next 2-3 months. Hopefully I won some of those!!!

And here is a cross post of my report on the Wasamin Cheki event on Saturday....

Iwasa Misaki Saba Kaido Cheki Event at Nippon Crown/Tokuma (2017/02/18)

After spending the morning in Chiba at the HKT event, I made it to Gotanda about an hour before the Wasamin cheki event started. Jeez, I could have gotten more Akiyoshi tickets! I camped out at a nearby Tully's waiting for Slot #1 to begin. Wasamin's cheki events are pretty much like AKB handshake events. There are slots with fixed times. Wasamin's gimmick is that she changes costume for each slot, which of course encourages fans to get tickets for each slot as well. What we didn't know was that she would essentially be wearing the same stuff as the first cheki event two weeks ago. But that's okay, all Wasatime is quality time, no matter what she is wearing.

We all knew the drill, they are very restrictive about where we can or can't go within the building, and they pretty much escort us the entire time. After checking in at the entrance, we are sent to the third floor and taken to a waiting room. Once there is enough room, we are taken to a second room to queue, we get our picture taken, a little chit-chat, and then we are sent back to the elevator. Oh, the hallway on the third floor is lined with promo posters for various Tokuma and Nippon Crown Artists. Also, near the elevator is this cool statue of famous Enka artist Kitajima Saburo. They were slightly more loose with security this time, so I was able to grab a picture of it...

[​IMG]

And here are my three chekis. By the way, since I forgot all of my concert gear for the last cheki event, I decided to bring it this time (which is also what caused the slight issue with security at Makuhari) Of course this time all of the fans brought either her PB and/or souvenirs from her Bus Tour to pose with. So once again, I was a bit behind.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I really need a haircut!

For the most part we just chit-chatted. I mentioned that I like when she wears chokers (she had one on in the first slot) I had told her that I used the experience of going to see the Battleship Mikasa with her as a class report, which actually drew a cool reaction from her manager, Ishikawa-san. Finally, on the third ticket, after Wasamin repeatedly tried to help me get that "Ninja hand pose" right, that we had a cute little exchange...

Me: At tomorrow's dinner show, will Ebi be there? (I purposely said it like Ebi was a person)
    Wasamin: (looks at her manager) Errrr....
    Ishikawa-san: Errrrrr, Kurisu Gomennasai...
    (Wasamin says something to her manager about Ebi)
    Me: I love the photo of Wasamin with the bowl of Ebi (in the PB)
    Wasamin: Ahh, you like the PB?
    Me: Beautiful!
    Wasamin: Arigatou!
    Me: Goodbye Ninja-chan!

And that was it for the day, and after three trips to drink coffee between photo-ops, I wasn't hungry. So I went home. I would be having plenty more fun with Wasamin on Sunday at her first solo dinner show. I will do that writeup the next chance I get, perhaps tomorrow night if I can make the time.

And just for a little preview, Wasamin and I had a personal interaction in the middle of her show that had the entire audience laughing. In fact, not only did I had people coming up to me about it after the show, it was a topic of discussion today at her event in Saitama. Also, Wasamin has been reading my twitter again. I got another recitation of some of its contents...