1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    It was just an example of one Lady who is very popular but not universally considered beautiful (Kylie) and another who was (Jolie), how long ago it was doesn't matter lol

2. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

I know... I was just teasing =)

3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The inverse of the poll everyone's talking about.

4. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I was gunna say this :D

Maybe the public doesn't know about team 8 yet, or maybe they thought Toyota Team 8 was ripping off AKB or something lololol

Anyways, 48 is suppose to have this "Girl next door" image so they are meant to be "Idols you can meet", get it...Aitakkata~Yes (I dun think your daily neighborhood girl all looks like Maiyan or Annin hence we have from bottom-tier girls like Izurina to top-tier girls like Yukirin in this big happy family lol)

======================

Btw for everyone's info, the main message was "Females in Japan tend to have higher judging standards of "Kawaiiness" of idol groups(AKB) than males" <<< it's pretty much making up news but whatever meh

According to the survey...
    Fans says there more cute girls in AKB blah blah blah
    Public says there are more visual girls in AKB blah blah blah
    That's it

"Recently I'm losing interest. One by one, popular members are graduating and looking younger than before but current members at their 10's is still too young for me. I support older members such as Mariko and Kojiharu." - I guess not every fan is lolicons lol

"There are tons of kawaii girls in this world. Idols must have something more (than just kawaiiness) to be attractive. If you look at the old AKB group pictures, it may surprise you that they are not kawaii at all. That is why I think one(idol) should cultivate on their own strength(character)". - Truth, has been dropped!

You have spoken out my voice, I was corrupted for like a month or so and went back to the light side eventually.

6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
  7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    When's Shoot Sign handshake? I'm waiting for announcements about 48th single & sousenkyo.

My another proposal is that this year, spots on sousenkyo will be extented from 80 to 100 because I argue there're more groups, more teams, more members.
    There're 2 possibilities:

1. There're still 5 teams but spots of each team are extended from 16 to 20. Members who rank 17th, 18th, 19th, & 20th will reach senbatsu, member who ranks 21st will be undergirls center.
    2. Another possibilities, there's a new team added there will be 6 teams, for members who rank 81st - 100th. The most bottom team has 20 members instead of 16 like teams above.
    All of these are based on the September 2016 concert for unranked members when there's announcement of rank 81st-100th.

Maybe in the future, spots will be extended again because there will be STU48 and even Aki-P will make more groups.

If it does happen, my hopes:

As a kind hearted person.
    As a malevolent person, this is idol fandom.

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The election is already so freaking long.

If they do 100 I'm not watching that lol

9. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

^I agree lol. Especially with the girls I don't know and the speeches, I don't even give a :censored:. The only reason why I watch the SSK is because I wanted to see the girls' reaction since most sites that sub the clips don't show it.

10. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Me too :)

11. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

hahahahah
    Because adding more 20 girls that will barely speak will add 27 hours more to the event!!!

Well, adding more spots probably doesn't make difference but for the girls and the ones who voted for those 20 girls. As there is zero publicity if you are not in senbatsu (not considering a MV in a single as publicity at all). Most of the song dont even rank in request hour too! So, high chance they wont even get to perform!

12. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

I think the survey is correct. They think Kawaii idol = childlike, this is Japan where 20+ is considered old for a idol. AKB48 senbatsu is made up of older girls that are veterans. Just going by that AKB48 is not kawaii. There are kawaii members but they don't get enough exposure. The girls from HKT48 fall more in line of what they would probably be consider kawaii. Remember pretty =/= kawaii.

13. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    It indeed gets longer but I think it should. Even I predict another sister group may be made in the future. Maybe in Sapporo or Sendai, currently no sister group based in northern Japan.

Well, I personally think that creating a sister group in a strait is a crazy idea.

14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The ranks haven't been extended because the number of eligible members has remained close to the same for the last 3~ years. All the new kenkyuusei might be enough to justify extending it to 100, though then again there have also been a ton of graduations.

15. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    So most of you don't agree with my suggestion. I assume there will be more girls who are happy because they rank.

17. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

And more so will be utterly devastated when they realize they can't even reach top 100.

It's hard to please everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Like I said before, instead of making it bigger they should make a Sousenkyo for the top 48 only. Why 48 and not 32? Because it's AKB48.

Being ranked should be something special, unique. What's so great about ranking 78th? What's the difference between a 78th and an 81st?

And with less ranked girls that means that there's also a lot more of unranked ones, which would make them less pissed off for not being able to rank.

19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I don't disagree with it. I do disagree with going the opposite direction.

20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I'm a big fan of Tano Yuka and for me the worst part of last year's SSK was seeing the despair etched on her face as it became ever clearer that she wasn't going to rank in the top 80. Later on when the 81-100 ranks were announced she came in at #99. My question is, would it be less painful if girls who get a ranking between 81 & 100 get to know that early on, or would it be better for them if they can keep alive some hope of a higher ranking?