1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Have any of you lost interest in 48/46G?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Doodleboy, Dec 8, 2016.

?

Have you lost interest in 48 G?

Poll closed Dec 12, 2016.
  1. Yes, I don't follow them anymore.

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Somewhat. All of my oshis have graduated, but I still follow the group.

19 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Not really, but I am losing interest.

34 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. Of course not, I have just as much interest in the group as I did when I started to follow AKB Group

20 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. No, I've gained more interest than I ever had before.

25 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

That would be an epic concert... :v:

Till both fanboys/girlsdoms start fighting in the stands like at a football match. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. MrQazman

MrQazman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    Nogis initial popularity had nothing to do with the promotion they got from every 48g program at the time right? And that still continues with all 46/48 releases getting cross-promotion on all 46/48 programs. "Rivals" promoting rivals isn't real rivalry.

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, because most of Nogi's 2nd gen didn't have to wait for like 2 years to participate in a b-side or something. :^^;:

The talk about "Nobody but Keyakizaka could pull off SaiMajo that well" cracks me up.
    Like, nobody with months of practice and whatnot could actually pull it off?

I shared a couple of AKB videos in the Keyakizaka thread a couple of days ago.
    Back when AKB had the time and the means to have practice lessons, they pulled off great things.
    Beginner, Kaze wa Fuiteiru, UZA. Those routines kicked SaiMajo and its chicken-going-round-and-round dance move out of the park.

Nowadays AKB, because of the way its senbatsu is made up, cannot do that kind of intense dances anymore basically because the girls' calendar doesn't allow them to meet up and practice (again, wtf management), but that doesn't mean the SG aren't capable.

SKE?

if the video does not show watch the video here

NMB?

if the video does not show watch the video here

I guess not being overly popular has its advantages.

@rka compared the 48G and Sakamichi to Coca Cola and Pepsi.
    I think it's more like Sakamichi are the Fanta to AKB's Coca Cola. In the end they both send their money up to the Coca Cola Company (AkiP).

• Like Like x 1
  4. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    This makes me think that AKB senbatsu should be composed of members who do NOT have outside jobs, like Hiwatan or Kumachan.

5. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

It isn't only about outside jobs tho since SG can pull off a dance number. It is more about senbatsu being composed of girls that live far away from each other combined with a lot of top members have widely differing schedule. Also remember that a lot of the older senbatsu are under different agencies thus managing 48G top senbatsu member is harder vs managing Nogi top senbatsu member in terms of scheduling.

6. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    must be now from nmb48 is one of the best example of how a hard dance routine should look like. Keya looks good because they manage to dance in 21 formation neatly but they have months to practice. But still..i cant see the greatness in keya dance routine.takahiro did a good job to incorporate 21girls but the dance is not that hard.saimajo is great song but not the dance. Influenza from nogi is hard because they actually did the wacking style, lot of hand movements, not some random spinning round hand.
    I stan nogi and i like the image of refined lady it brings. Of course nowadays everyone pb seems to include bikini but dude, but like someone else said, just google the image, you will see more of refined photoshoot than bikini and that already said nogi didnt really rely on boobs n butt to propel. And thanks to that BOOB CRAVING, maiyan pb already sold 100k in just 1st week, isnt that a great marketing?lol.
    I like simplicity of nogi variety shows, talking and some random games but has right amount funny moments. yeah, it is boring for someone who like common japan variety shows that do some crazy games.

• Like Like x 1
  7. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Lol this off topic out of hands, im making the thread

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

8. Hana A.

Hana A. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I still like 48g dan 46g, but less than last year. For 48g, everything is 99% predictable now, and only a very few amount of their latest songs were listen-able to my ears. And their new things weren't catching my attention (dramas, shows, etc). I still love Saechan, Jurina, Sayanee, and Naachan as my eternal oshis though.
    For 46g, I didn't follow Nogi that much, I know the members, I listened to their songs, and I watched their variety shows. I have to admit that they're good but they're not catching my heart. Actually Keya is super good, I like their songs, their choreo, their variety shows, their members. But they didn't have something to permanently make me LOVE them like what makes me fall in love at the first sight with old 48g.
    Besides, I found a new fandom that fulfill all the things i want in a group, and maybe that is one of the reasons why am i less liking 4846 these days.
    I'm still following 48g and 46g, and I'm still excited for SSK, Janken, Kohaku, and all their big events or announcements, but the hype for being a huge and dedicated fan of them is kinda 'not in there' for me now. Well, my personal taste and criteria is changing in my fangirl heart.

9. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I have to say that to be honest, SKE's debut single, Tsuyokimono yo is to me the only 48G A-side comparable to SaiMajo (ok, maybe River and Beginner would have to be in this category as well, to be fair, even though their choreos weren't as impressive). I'm sure SKE (and possibly NMB, Takane no Ringo is a great song/choreo although it has no revolutionary lyrics) would've done it justice, but I think you guys were just ignoring kanjo's main point in your crusade to defend 48 against the 46 fans. Kanjo said it himself: The main reason why a current 48G can't pull off a SaiMajo is simply because the mgmt won't give the girls intrincate choreos or A-sides and time to perfect them, because for most of the 48G the "performance" aspect of being idols has taken a back seat to appearing in gravure, showing off their bubbly selves on varieties, acting, modelling and of course, attending a LOT of HS events.

Of course Nogi girls do many of those things as well, but (even if it's just in theory) they seem to care a lot more about the way their music is presented. The last time AKB had a challenging choreo for an A-side was Bokutachi wa tatakawanai and that was in 2015, while Nogi started with their swaying lame dances for their first A-sides but has undeniably upped the ante ever since Inochi wa utsukushii.

I don't think there's anything inherently "better" in one group over the other, but I do think that while on the surface they might be very similar (young japanese girls in a big group singing sugary pop) there are enough differences between them that have allowed Sakamichi and 48G to create solid fanbases that might differ from each other in their interests.

I stopped caring about 48G not only because my oshis graduated, although that played a big part, but because I just don't like them musically anymore. I'm not going to say that the music quality is declining or whatever, because it's possible that I've just grown fond of a lot of bad songs through the years because of my emotional attachment to the girls who sang them (see: the entire Not yet discography, for example) and now that I don't particularly care for any of them in the same way, the songs mean nothing to me anymore, and I've also detected a trend in their A-sides having a slower tempo at least in their 2016 releases. I liked AKB's upbeat chipper tracks, I'm not into their ballads.

On the other hand, I've always been fond of Nogizaka, ever since they debuted. Oide Shampoo is one of my favorite idol songs ever, and I preferred the Defstar era of AKB anyway, so of course I'd be drawn to Nogizaka's (or more accurately, Sony's) sound. I know that many idol fans don't care about the music and whenever one tries to bring up singing chops or even, you know, singing on tune; to the table everyone retorts with "everyone knows idol groups are never about the music", but for me it IS mainly about the music, and it has always been about that. Nogizaka's senbatsu has a lot more competent singers than AKB's and it shows, in their live performances especially. I'm not saying that they're all amazing, (some, like Manatsu and Sayuri are downright horrible and belong with HKT's Mio) but they are capable of singing live and of having B-sides made of a few girls who can carry a tune, as opposed to AKB, who has some great singers but who cares because they are only ever allowed to grab a mic for the AKBINGO karaoke battles.

I don't think there's an inherent superiority to whatever part of the idol fandom you enjoy, some people are here purely for the gravure, so of course they'll enjoy 48G PBs and bikini PVs and whatnot, others like to watch the girls who are larger than life on variety, so they follow Sasshi and love seeing the hilarious and bubbly young gens of the 48G be entertaining on TV. There are some who like the dances, and those are the ones that I've seen more invested in SKE and NMB than in other 48G. I like melodic songs and simple performances because I grew up with showa idols, and love and admire them and their ideals, so Nogizaka fits me the best for now.

10. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I'm sold on Nogi too. Looks like Akimbo wins me twice on the 48 brand.

11. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I don't think this discussion is particularly off topic.
    "I'm losing interest in one but not the other and this is why"
    Of course that doesn't mean I think you shouldn't make a new thread but
    I'm worried a thread specifically for this would get ugly.

@garnetjester. Thanks for listening.

12. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Agreed, not saying Sony is clean here. But back then, it was common practice in 48G to put Undergirls/KKS in a MV-less B-side. And further back, most of 3rd gen did have to wait for like...2 years until Baby3x!. That's so horrific that girls are graduating left and right. 3 out of 14 2nd gen, right? How cruel they are. :^^;:

I'm probably need to narrow the scope to recent progress of them by 2016. Music, choreography, looks may be vary for each person. But on management treatment, the very same girls that suffered on those Nogi dark times are given decent coverage now. If this is what they call apologies and redemption. Yeah..... better than nothing.

In retrospect, there's still some case of 48G girls graduating in 2016 due to "lack of progress within the group". Sure, they are replaceable, but it also gives a sorrow narration within the fandom.

13. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Is it off when using like 2 pages to compare the differences of 46 and 48? Well there is some people who try to link back to the topic but really this particular topic itself needs a thread for the sake of other threads and in the future as well.

Using this topic "...lost interest in 48G" to express how 46 group is the only thing that is keeping them here in the fandom, sounds like hijacking to me lol

Its probably gonna be the same people in the forum anyways so I dun think it will get uglier than this lol

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  14. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    *cough*2nd draft*cough*

True though, the 2nd gen got it pretty bad.
    Thankfully both dropped the concept of Kenkyusei altogether and both 3rd gen and Hiragana got promotion and their own songs right off the bat.

@marioworldakb
    The current discussion seems to be about the validity of losing interest in one but not (or just "more than") the other.
    I guess it's debatable whether or not that's relevant but it seems to be.
    Also, 46 has been brought up since the 3rd reply to this post (and more than half since) so...

15. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

This thread itself was the shits since the jump off... So it's pretty much, a public toilet for the rest of us to not care and just drop a load. :awesome:

16. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    One can say they have lost interest in 48G itself because of such and such examples.
    But one shouldn't say they are currently interested in other things and attempt to justify it by saying 48G is less interesting compared to such and such examples.
    It's just another topic...don't you think

17. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Honestly, nogizaka46 is gonna be dead by the next 2 years or so once all their first gen aces leave.

Anyway, you can say that I'm really bored of AKB. Listened to Thumbnail and I didn't like a single song. Watched the Minerva stage and I was like meh... HKT's single was still ok though I only like the EreMiru song and Bagutte Iijan.

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    It this point I think the time to create a dedicated thread for this has long past, as the subject, at least the most controversial aspect of it, has run its course.

And you could say these threads do already exist, at least in the Nogi section...
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/how-did-you-become-a-fan-of-nogizaka46.7821/

So in my humble opinion I don't think a "Why I think Nogizaka46/Keyakizaka46 is BETTER than the 48-Groups" thread, or vice-versa is necessary, nor would it be conducive to constructive conversation.

19. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    It's long past yet people are still talking about it and it's getting on my nerves every time I see it when a collab or cover comes up.

Also I highly suspect they will collaborate a few more times in the future...hence I already see these 48x46 "debate" coming up already.

It's not meant to be a comparison thread but more of a junk thread like in the lobby for all those salty peeps to poop in jk

For real tho, I was thinking more of a general 48 vs 46 thread where people can fight it out in arena style. Topics may include "Is 46 essentially 48?", "Is the rivalry still alive?", and of course the one that everyone loves "Which is better IYHO?" etc

20. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Well I wonder what was being said, if it's just like this kind of debate shown here in this thread then people shouldn't be banned and the thread shouldn't be closed.

But since it seems things have quiet downed today, so I think I will just leave it be for now...