1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 48th [Negaigoto no Mochigusare] (2017/05/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

instead of pretending how about you take a chill pill?

2. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

that's nice! <3 well i never heard of this person so idk.

3. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Tbh a little worried about Aki-P these days, maybe it's just a theme with him but it might be paranoia seeping through. High Tension, Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai and many other songs recently have had the theme of "even if the missiles are gonna come to blow us up"...specifically world-ending missile destruction seems to be a big theme for him. Not even just recently, if we look back we've got SKE's Sekai ga naiteru nara, Team K's Boku ni dekiru koto, Yume no kane, and Stand Up!, Himawarigumi's Rock da yo, jinsei wa... , several other Team A and album songs as well. There are a lot. I wonder if it comes from Japan's lack of military prowess or being someone who lived through quite a few wars and that influence comes through in his lyrics often. Really often. Really quite often... Like I'll be translating and it's "oh, another world's-gonna-blow-up song, cool" :awesome:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yep, it's sad that lyrics is always undermined.

Aki-P: I'm actually a pacifist.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  5. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    pacifist?o_O keyakizaka? :shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty:

6. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Sometimes he writes really beautiful lyrics to songs and I'm actually amazed he can even think like that sometimes and other times I wonder if he becomes addicted to something and that's all he can write about lol. Makes me feel he watched something and was like, "I'm gonna write about in a song." I always wondered what made him write the lyrics to Keya's Silent Majority? It's not like he's close in age with the girls.

7. Silenka

It's the same way he can write about love from a young girl's perspective. Which is something he's been complimented on by lots of big shots iirc. It's one of his claims to fame as a lyricist. I think he wrote about it in a book once but I haven't read it. He does have a really broad range when it comes to lyrics, which is why the lyrics of the groups he produces tend to be so good/interesting. Although not every song he writes lyrics for ends up being a masterpiece, he probably has the most prolific body of work for a Japanese lyricist at this point, having written the lyrics to over 1000 songs and still going. So it's not really any wonder that he sometimes takes "shortcuts" by sticking to a certain theme (world ending by missile strike) or using the same words and phrases (there are so many songs that use sitting on a sofa as a setting, for example...)

As for "watched something and decided to write about it"...I agree 100% lol. Well, all of us are influenced by certain things. I for one have to eat ramen or pizza if I see someone else eating it or see a good commercial for it... orz Today it was pie when I was listening to Watashi wa Blueberry Pie, I went out and bought pie, I'm serious... :rofl:

8. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

We already saw live with the senbatsu members

if the video does not show watch the video here
    I Just got it :fear:

9. Silenka

Oh, I just noticed there's lyrics on that video. Guess I can do a translation of it. However, there's no confirmation that the lyrics will be the exact same in the single that's coming out...but it does say that Aki-P wrote the lyrics to this song, but he does love to change the lyrics at the last minute before the single release... :^^;:

The Waste of a Wish

If only we could all use magic
    And grant ourselves one wish
    I'm sure everyone in the world
    Would become happy

Tears (not a single one) would (surely)
    Ever have to be shed (our hope)
    The seeds (the seeds) of sadness
    Would all (would all) disappear

The waste of a wish
    The magic can be used only once
    I want this, I want that, there are so many
    I just can't decide on one right away
    And while I think about it
    Twilight falls

Then one day a small thing happened
    I saw a couple in an unhappy fight
    Without thinking, I made a wish
    For them to make up again...

To me (I was searching) that was (for a way of life)
    My one and only (chance)
    The very precious (very precious) magic
    To think (to think) I'd use it like this

I have no regrets about my wish
    Using it for myself only led me astray
    If the whole world used their wishes
    For someone else, we would all become one
    The smiles would bring
    A dawn of love

The waste of a wish
    I don't want to use any magic
    There are so many dreams I want to fulfill
    If only I could find the one wish
    I really want to come true
    I'd be happy

If only I could find my wish
    I'd be happy

願い事の持ち腐れ

moshimo mahou ga tsukaete
    yume ga hitotsu kanau naraba
    kitto sekai no dare mo ga
    shiawase ni naru

namida (hitotsubu mo) nanka (sou kitto)
    nagasu mono wa inai (kibou)
    kanashimi no (kanashimi no) tane wa
    subete (subete) kieru darou

negaigoto no mochigusare
    ichidokiri no mahou nante
    are mo kore mo yoku ga dete
    ima sugu ni kimerarenai yo
    mayotteru uchi ni
    tasogare

aru hi sasai na koto kara
    arasotteru futari ga ita
    boku wa omowazu negatta
    nakayoku shite to...

boku ni (sagashiteta) totte (ikiru michi)
    tatta ichidokiri no (CHANSU)
    taisetsu na (taisetsu na) mahou
    koko de (koko de) tsukattanda

negaigoto ni kui wa nai
    jibun no tame ja mayou dake
    sekaijuu ga dareka no tame
    negaetara hitotsu ni nareru
    hohoemi wa ai no
    yoake da

negaigoto no mochigusare
    mahou nanka hoshiku wa nai
    kanaetai yume wa ooi kedo
    hontou no negai wa nani ka
    mitsukerareta nara
    shiawase

mitsukerareta nara
    shiawase

10. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

I don't mind it, but I hope one day we get a more upbeat version (or perhaps a slightly more spooky one - I'm getting a kind of Halloween vibe in some places lol). I hope they change the outfits too...

If AKB didn't have handshakes, this would be a flop (you could say that about a lot of 48G singles depending on your taste, but I can't see fans buying multiple physical copies of this if not for handshakes + elections, other singles I could see fans buying enough to complete the A/B/C type set). I can't believe it's an A side tho...

11. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    1000% Hayao Miyazaki =) This song would be great OST for Kokuriko-zaka kara =) I Love Negaigoto no Machigusare

12. C_chan

C_chan Kenkyuusei

Now that a listen to It again Im starting to like this song, as someone said before It has a Halloween vibe, like a mix between nightmare before Christmas and Harry Potter lol
    But I really Hope they change the music arrangements...

I liked the lyrics, thanks for the translation!

13. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

omg I'm crying. so beautiful. <3 thank you love <3

They got pretty out of tune in that performance though. Hope they'll sound better with the autotune.

Anyway, what's amazing about this is that no other pop act can release a song like this. Love it when AKB does something adventurous. In a way, it really makes people more open minded? IDKKK.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  14. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I'm interested in hearing an upbeat version too but as a B side. Like Hikki's Flavor of life. For the A side, I like it the way it is..

Anyway, does anyone know if AKI-P wrote this?

15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    See the opening credits of the video: 秋元 康

It was well publicized when N Con was first released early this month.

16. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I'm starting to like the song more and more after each listen. Hopefully the B-sides are also nice, thanks for the translation!

17. チキンギョ

チキンギョ Kenkyuusei

To me the song could be made into a cool song. Maybe something liem UZA since, like mentioned above, it has halloween vibe.
    I hope the B-Side will be the gumi set. With Baragumi, Yurigumi, and Katoreagumi not only all AKB member ~will probably~ got included, they can add a few SG members.

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    It really opened my mind when shoot sign happened. I'm good for anything that AKB does after that.

Noice, thanks for the translation. Now people can learn to appreciate a song without neglecting the lyrics.

May I add some context too :D

The title Negaigoto no Mochigusare 願い事の持ち腐れ was based on the theme of "Dreams" of the NHK's choir competition for junior-high section.

http://www.nhk.or.jp/ncon/music_program/kadaikyoku_j2017.html

Aki-P's comment on this song:

Humans, everyone has many wishes.
    The wish, the dream of seeing it happen is a treasure.
    But if you just leave it hanging then it will become wasted.
    As I thought really hard on this, the true wish is a dream that you want it to be coming true.
    So when you have found out that wish of yours then I think it is happiness.

*願い事の持ち腐れ translated as "The Waste of a Wish" is good but I would like to elaborate as "Holding on to a wish will become rotted".

Now people go read the translated lyrics once again.

19. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I'm the same way sometimes lol. I have a hard time watching certain drama's without eating food (Doctor X is like a curse cause I relate to the main character so much lol).

Also, thank u for the translation. I really hope they keep it this way the song...maybe fix it a little bit in the studio, but I love the song and the lyrics are pretty nice.

20. Silenka

If I had one wish I wouldn't know what to wish for either. I agree with AkiP on this one, knowing your true wish or dream is what brings happiness. Since I don't even know what I want to do with my life and have no dream or ambition to follow, I'm just like the person in the song. If I had something concrete to work towards I would be happier, or at least less uneasy about the future. But there's just nothing in particular that I want more than anything else. It does feel like a waste of life to not be actively working towards something, just like it's a waste of a wish to have it but not use it for anything. You just keep holding out for something that might never come.