Single AKB48 48th [Negaigoto no Mochigusare] (2017/05/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

IDG this? Wishes will rot if you hold on to them?

WELL ANYWAY A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES. So nice link there fat autumn. <3

If I had one wish, idk, I'll probably use it for someone else too. I'm pretty content with where I am in life and I can't think of anything that I would want that is not within my reach (if I work for it). I think I might use it for Milky. She's my kamioshi and she's a huge source of inspiration for me. In fact she's probably everything I wanted to be in life lollll. Unfortunately, her whole career trajectory after not making it into senbatsu in 2014 made me so angry with 48g. I felt like everything about her since then has been so sad, so wasted. I've come to peace with it already though. Still I think the world would be so much better if she stayed around as an idol for a while longer? I know she's preparing for a comeback tho ;)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  2. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

I get that. I'm just trying to clarify if that is what the title is trying to say.

3. SaikouTan

SaikouTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kobayashi Yui, Miyawaki Sakura
    Strangely I enjoyed the song much more when I wasn't actually watching the members, just listening... At first I thought it was far too simple and straight forward rhythmically, but after knowing the lyrics the simpleness fits perfectly. The harmonies especially in the second half have a very close feeling... Close may not be the right word, but I can't think of anything else to describe it at the moment. I'm really into it, but still not fully on board with this being a summer single. We'll see...

4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Well, the phrase "持ち腐れ" literally translates to "holding on to something will rot". Metaphorically, it simply means "Wasted"

It's usually used in a proverb "の持ち腐れ" meaning holding on treasures (valuable things such as talents) will rot. Meaning something useful is wasted if not used at all.

So Aki-P here, changes things a little and put "願い事の持ち腐れ". (Holding on to a wish will become rotted)

This is my take on this with the context of the lyrics...
    Aki-P starts with the setting for the protagonist to have magic powers. This power can be only used once to grant any wish to be dream come true.

But the problem is that the protagonist has too many wishes. So he or she is in a dilemma about which one of those many wishes which one desires the most. Through this process, he or she realizes two situations:

-If the protagonist uses it for oneself, then he or she will rot. (As in literally for being selfish where the origin of evil comes from)

-If the protagonist doesn't use it at all, then the magic will rot. (As in metaphor the magic will be wasted because he is just holding on to it)

One day, the protagonist encounters two people having a conflict. Without a second thought, the protagonist used the magic power to wish for them to be friends again. Then one realizes there is actually the third way out.

-The protagonist used the magic power for others, as it is reflected that his or her own happiness is something that is most valuable to oneself. That is love of compassion.

At the end the protagonist is satisfied, because the belief that others will use the magic power for his or her sake as well. (The world will be a better place, hence the protagonist found true happiness)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  5. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

thank you so much! love it when there is quality posts on stage48!!!!

6. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    What with this song? I thought KnP is the worst A side song and now we have one the worst. :cold:

The music is more like a church music or national anthem or something like that. :glare::glare::glare:

It's ok with the lyric. It's more like TwI, a deep meaning song.

7. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

KnP the worst? It's one of the best!!! The worst is TwI by a mile imo. But idk I generally like all the singles. I didn't like Kibouteki and KwM much (mostly cause of oshi reasons) but I grew to like them too.

8. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

For me it's a tie between KnP and Kuchibiru. Okay, maybe Kuchibiru. Because at least I've watched KnP PV a few times and listened to the full song a few times too. Kuchibiru? I've only watched the Pv twice. The short version once and the long version once. That's it. The song itself, I've tried but I just skipped it altogether when it was released. It was god awful. It deserved to be the the first single to not sell 1 m in first week.

I like Tsubasa. It's not one of the top songs but I don't skip it when it plays randomly on my itunes.

9. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Every time someone talks shit about Knbmb i die a little, i can't possibly be the only one who loves that song :lol: i even bought all the types.

10. messhi

messhi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Hallowen night is the worst a-side song ever :1st:

11. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Personally I think KnBMB is a great idol song with the wrong center. If I didn't think about the center, I'm fine with it. When I think about Takamina centering it then it became cringey. She deserved a cool or anything other than that type of idol song. As for Shoot Sign, it is great! Compared to 46G new a-side, this is easily the best one. Catchy, easy to listen for multiple times, and really fits as the theme song for Tofu. The only problem with it is their first performance in Music Station with that wrestling costume.
    Negaigoto is a good song, but it is too heavy for me to listen to it repeatedly.

12. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Yeah I also think KnBMB is not bad at all. TwI is a different story...

For me, this song is better than TwI but worse than KnBMB... It'll still sell of course, I just wish that AKB would do something more exciting than this (I pray it will be remixed for the single :) )

13. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I'm with you 100%. KnP and KBMB are the only 2 AKB A-sides I never listen to. KnP isn't totally horrible - it's listenable, but I don't prefer to when there are better things to listen to. KBMB will never get any playtime from me. It was the biggest letdown ever as Takamina's send-off song. Tsubasa wa iranai on the other hand is such a great rambling hippie tune, I love it. The image I get is always of someone (probably Sayanee lol) walking down the road strumming a guitar and singing up to the sky :lol:

So far I like Negaimochi (is that what we're calling it? that's what we should call it), even as an A-side. They haven't done a choral A-side since Sakura no Shiori so it was about due. I like that kind of thing once in a while.

14. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I can't remember when they released Kibouteki Refrain but that was their last great A-side IMO. BwT was very good too. Everything else has been from unlistenable (KnBMB) to super dull (kimi wa melody). But I LOVE this song! Sakura no Shiori is one of my favorite AKB songs and I'm so sad that they've never performed it again (or have they? I haven't seen an AKB concert since like... Acchan's graduation lol). I really hope they perform this one live, the song is lovely and while I don't think the lyrics are anything amazing, they are very good for an AKB A-side nowadays (at least they aren't about school kids falling in unrequited love, which is a snooze fest of a topic for me 10 years into my fandom).

Can't wait for the PV. Sayanee looks more stunning every day <3 I'm Team Jurina, but the disrespect to Mayu is astounding. She should be centering everything. I'm not into Sakura at all, for quite shallow reasons. I've never found her cute or pretty. (Edited because why bother)

Also @Slacker13, nice Shinobu fanfiction ramble you wrote there. But I'm 99.9% sure that she is not even an ounce of a feminist or she wouldn't be working for AKB to begin with :hehe: and very nice of you to pile your so called "decline" of AKB only on her as if she was the one who called the shots. It's just laughable to think that the higher ups and Akimoto himself would steer the group in a completely different direction because of Shinobu's "radfem" opinions they most likely don't give a hoot about.

I think the reason AKB isn't bouncing to a hyper song in bikinis anymore is either the Toyota sponsorship or the fact that the girls have so many jobs and media appearances that they can't get together and properly rehearse a choreography with any semblance of energy in it anymore. The closest we got was High Tension and that... wasn't an impressive choreo. I have no idea what's up with the lame A-sides either, and I'm a person who likes showa music, but not even I can understand what the hell was AkiP on when he thought Shoot Sign was a good enough song for an A-side. It sounds like Izakaya music for middle aged people [hehe]

15. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

the days of summer bikini songs are long gone and all we got are folks song (Tsubasa wa Iranai) and choir song (Negaigoto):^^;:

16. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I admit. These are the ONLY two AKB PVs I have yet to see. By choice for BwT. KwM kinda slid by me at first. But now I treat it like Gangnam Style, avoid at all costs. Because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i guess they passed the baton to NMB48 and SNH48 for bikini summer pv. sometimes, it feels like there is this bikini pv ban in AKB48 since 2015.

i think some1 mentioned it had to do with Toyota sponsorship and that's a good possibility. They had team 8 members in BwT, TwI and Negaigoto and we didnt get bikini pv 3 years in a row.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  18. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

I love it! It's really cute and super idol-isa!

Agreed! That's why she must win the elections this year!!

What is Toyota's problem with bikinis? IDGI? Also IDK what Izakaya music is but the fandom is pretty much 80% middle aged people right [hehe]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Negamochi.

Mochi from the NEGA-zone.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Just as well it was only pie you went out and chased after what with all the double entendres in that song :awesome:
    :lol: