1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
  2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

3. MrQazman

MrQazman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    Too many non AKB48G threads in New Posts and Recent Posts already. As long as there's no way to "ignore" those subforums I'm not likeing the idea at all.

4. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Why use the new posts at all? Subscribe to the threads you're interested in, get notifications. Easy.

5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    If you live in your watched thread tab, you can miss when new threads are made. Like for singles, concerts, show you may be interested in, ect......

6. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I like to use the new posts feature though. I find it useful to be in the know for new happenings.

But I'm not against subforum for non48- or 46-group idols. As long as it is a subforum inside the Idol Emporium and doesn't make the main Stage48 page to be too long.

7. takajuro

takajuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimanatsuki
    Twitter:
    takajuro
    Why dont move the SNH48, BEJ48, GNZ48 and SHY48 sections to OTHER48?

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI TAG-L23 mediante Tapatalk

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    We need to raise awareness of STUDIO48. I see many people translating lyrics here and there from songs, but it takes age to be updated on the biggest lyrics database.

Even though the process is easy ( sending the lyrics to the admin), people don't do it and lyrics are spread. It's a waste of time to search for song lyrics on different websites.

9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
  10. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I'm going to elaborate a little bit more, so my post is taken seriously by admins

After i searched a little bit on Studio 48, i just realized it isn't clearly saying it is "open source", which mean anyone can submit their translation to the database. With minor exception, it's regular Stage48 users that gives their translation. The thing is, the great asset being in open source is that we stop rely only on a few ( who obviously can't handle everything), and also we're quicker on updates.

Second point, Studio48, like wiki48, is a good promotion for the forum, thus we need to make it as much visible as possible. It start from the forum itself. I've seen many translations done already of Keyakizaka46 4th single (3rd single is not even updated by the way) but because there's asymetric information ( people from Stage48 are not even aware Studio48 is available to improve the datase) they just post it on respective thread and Studio48 still hasn't the translation.

It should work the same as Wiki48. Stage48 is a community, with active and less active members; active stage48 members should take a little bit more duty to improve the forum lifestyle, and help the admin of studio to search, proof quality of lyrics, ask for permission for the one who makes it, and submit lyrics on the database. Eventually, we could fix if there's mistake like on wikipedia, through people notifying the mistake on askbox or something else.

Before going to the third point and think seriously of Stage48 structure, trying to promote Studio48 on Stage48 is a first step :
    - Pin a thread called "Submit 48/46 songs lyrics on STUDIO48" explaining the whole process to Stage48 users ( writing it as an alert on the pink banner is a big plus too)
    - Make it clear on Studio48 first page that everyone who have serious lyrics can submit theirs and give direct link to the pinned newly created thread. Then those same lyrics can be proofed by everyone able to read japanese.
    - Allow more active stage48 members to update Studio48 when the process mentioned above has been verified.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  11. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

The more open source something is, the more mistakes get made as everyone has a different idea of how things should be. Currently Studio48 is operated solely by @haruna_hamasaki, who manages everything from the site design to all updates. The Lyrics thread is the natural place to submit translated lyrics for Studio, but otherwise her contact info is right on the main page of Studio48 so it's not like people who want to submit translations there can't do so. I agree more awareness should be made about the site's existence and where to submit lyrics, but honestly I feel like most people who actually care about lyrics should have already found the site and if they wanted to make sure to contribute they would be doing so. It is after all linked here all the time, there's a thread here devoted to it and it's very easy to find on Google for people who are doing a search so it's not like it's hidden.

Basically, any decision about Studio48 is going to be up to @haruna_hamasaki. The admins don't have anything to do with it other than providing hosting. She's the one who's been taking care of it and putting in her hard work and effort to maintain it all this time. Honestly, the feel of Studio is more like a private website rather than an open platform like the wiki. Quality can only be assured when one person is making the decisions and keeping everything uniform.

But the issue is more complex than you might think. Language is a divisive subject. For one example, some people prefer one style of romaji over another and that can lead to inconsistency. For another example, a translation might be really bad and misleading. But if someone has taken time to translate (or just run it through a machine translator and changed things here and there), do you turn down a translation you know is bad or do you post it anyway? Is something bad better than nothing at all? Many songs on Studio48 should be re-translated with a better translation. Once you have one, do you keep the bad translation? There are actually a lot of potential issues with broadening the submissions to the same extent as the Wiki has.

Personally I think if you find people who haven't bothered to submit translations to Studio or just don't know about the site, you should make the suggestion to them to post in the Lyrics thread so they can consider it. That pretty effectively solves the problem, since there are actually very few people out of the entire community who do song translations anyway.

And of course, that's just my say, like I said everything is up to @haruna_hamasaki, it's her site.

• Like Like x 1
  12. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

I agree with this opinion. To be honest, Silenka is one of my Studio48 team members and she's helping me all the times. I am happy the way I manage Studio48 right now and I always receive a lot of emails almost everyday about color-codes, translations, fixes and suggestions. I read all those emails everyday and do updates when I have time. So far, I didn't miss any major releases and always trying my best to look for kanji lyrics. There are a lot of individuals who do translations and color-codes but not being part of Stage48 community. They submit those contributions via email or sometimes using Hangouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    the main problem is visibility. What i said about having more members know about Studio48 still remain. We need a pinned thread opened so people can submit their translations from Studio48 main page, and Stage48 both. Something official. The sole example of having a proficient amount of translation on the keyakizaka thread and nothing on STUDIO48 must bring us to make things easier. If we can do it, we should. Stage48 is huge, and not everyone are walking through all thread. Most of the time, they stay in their own thread. I'm doubting people know about the lyrics thread, simply because it is showed as a normal thread on the general section instead of being highlight on Stage48 project (i've searched this kind of thread before assuming). If you were referring to the lyrics thread, then i do think it's not enough.

Same with the main page of Studio48. You think it's obvious that you have to contact the admin to submit lyrics, but it actually isn't. When i put myself as a neophyte, what i first see is that update rely directly on one person. The system do works ( submitting lyrics, waiting an admin to be validate, then put it on STUDIO), but it can be enhanced ( A clear list how to proceed to a lyrics submission)

Second, i have adressed the concern of lyrics translation. The process of proofing, verifying a lyrics is partly solved by making it visible on the official lyrics submit thread. Only when people judge the lyrics satisfying, then we can put it on STUDIO48. Of course, submitting rectification is still open all the time. Because you have multiple translation, you can extract the most accurate of it. Not doubting anyone capability in translating, but for the moment what i see is that only a few have ability to correct or only submit their lyrics.

But let's make something clear. What is Studio48? Is it a website directly linked to Stage48, powered by the community to be the largest lyrics database, or is it a private website own by haruna hamasaki? If it's the latter, then well yeah nothing to hard-think for, it depends of the owner will. But if it's indeed a website of the foreign AKB fanbase community, i think Studio48 is not using enough of community resources. Not even talking about promotion of the database, but as said on the front page, only one person can't handle all the workload of Studio (same with Wiki), and since it's the case, update are slow.

Something more personal. As said before, if someone really wants his lyrics, he will tap it and search for it, and at one point he will find it. But Studio48 purpose is to make things easier, and implicitly promote the forum. Eventually, if we increase the chance he land on Studio48, we should take that opportunity.

EDIT : Maybe i'm repeating myself, but : On studio48 main page, it is not clear that everyone can submit their translations to accelerate updates. It's say request, not submit lyrics.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Perhaps there need to be better links here, but to be honest, I read the wiki before I ever came here. On the left side of the wiki page, you see that Studio48 is given the same prominence as Stage 48.
    • Create an account!
    • Stage48
    • Translate48
    • Studio48
    When I look up a song on the wiki, I almost always see a link to lyrics, which takes me to Studio48.
    "Lyrics can be found here."

At the top of the lyrics page, there is a large Contact Me button, so you can always submit lyrics and suggestions directly.

15. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

It's this bolded one.
    She loves and cares a lot about the site, and it's her site. It's not just some extra tool for the general foreign AKB fandom to do whatever they please with. If you can understand that, then I hope you can stop following the line of thought about making it an open platform like wiki.

Now what I do agree with you on is changing the very vague Lyrics & Translations thread into a Studio48 submissions thread. Since that's basically what it is anyway, the name change would do it some good. And pinning it to increase visibility would be nice too, since its usefulness as a thread people use a lot has been long-established. If @ithebigc agrees with this too, perhaps he can do these two things for us :D

16. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    debate is close, then.

17. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Creating a new thread with that and (a mod) closing the old one wouldn't be unwelcome either, as the old thread seems to have been started with a different purpose and a reset would allow @haruna_hamasaki to control the content of the OP.

18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Nakamura Mariko is still listed under team A. She graduated on March 30.

19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

A lot of graduated members threads are still in the team sections actually. I guess a mod will have to move everything to the graduated section (the members thread along with their galleries). and there will be more threads to move soon since there are many upcoming grads as well.

20. MurasakiSora

MurasakiSora Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I do try remember who graduates but it's sometimes hard to follow who has actually graduated and who's only announced graduation so I don't always manage to move everyone's threads. Everyone can always PM me or just leave a message here if they want a thread moved/member has graduated and I'll move it which would help me out greatly.