Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    From Fatrain in her thread about what she said:

"starting from 35:40.
    she assumed he's American. and she was very worried that she couldn't properly convey her thoughts about cheki, etc. and at the same time she was happy that a complete foreigner came to see her. at the end she concluded that she needs to learn English and said that it was a good experience for her after all."

All-in-all, I think David61 is a winner.

Edit: I think sorasan agrees: Here is what was posted in the other thread:

"I'll say good job lol ... it's not easy for an idol fan to let the idol remember him / her, especially in her case, she has many fans.

I'll say this is a blessing in disguise. At least you left an impression in her and the next time you meet her will be very fruitful:)"

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    lol wow, congrats we have someone from s48 actually affected a 48 group member XD

3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  4. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Can someone explain what is the limitation that they wrote on chara-ani site for buying HS in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th round? I believe they put a limit on how many you can buy for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round?

5. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    1st Round:
    - limited to 1 ticket per member & timeslot
    - limited to 6 members / timeslots
    (max total 6 applications)

2nd Round:
    - limited to 3 tickets per member & timeslot
    - limited to 10 members / timeslots
    (max total 30 applications)

3rd Round:
    - limited to 5 tickets per member & timeslot
    - limited to 20 members / timeslots
    (max total 100 applications)

4th Round:
    - limited to 5 tickets per member & timeslot
    - limited to 10 members / timeslots
    (max total 50 applications)

6. Rurouni

I believe you can apply only submit your applications once on the 1st to 3rd round and from the 4th round you can submit multiple times?

7. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    Yes, 4th round and after it's unlimited application. Technically you can apply for a million tickets if you wanted to.

8. Rurouni

9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    For the information of anyone attending forthcoming 2-shot events and planning to join the CD jacket autograph queues, this post today on the Official Blog announces that the number of signatures per member per slot has been reduced from 300 to 200:

http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12265225589.html

10. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Short question, is anyone attending the 5/14-Shoot Sign-HS in Osaka and would be willing to help a total newbie like me? I think I understood the rules and I don't have problems with conversational Japanese, but I guess at first the venue and the procedure can be a bit confusing?

11. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I won't be at the event, but I can give you a general overview. It isn't too difficult.

1. Getting into the venue: They will check your bags, and also ask you to empty your pockets before they check you for metal with a metal detector wand. They also have a few lines dedicated for female fans

2. Getting your tickets stamped: It is advisable, especially if you are an overseas fan. Just take your tickets to the information booth. You give them your tickets and ID (passport is good) they run a check, then stamp your tickets as "pre-approved" so they won't give you any trouble in the lanes.

3. Open tickets and changing members: If you have "day of nomination tickets", or tickets for members who aren't there, or you missed, or you just want to see someone else instead, you can use them at any lane with a *star* above the girls name.

4. Going through the lanes: At check in, they will check your id and ticket. They will also confirm how many tickets you are using. Then they you get to draw for the cheki prize on an ipad (keep in mind, the cheki is instead of the shamekai) If you win the cheki, they will hand you a sheet of paper where you write your name, and pick "san", "chan", "kun" or none. Once you get to the front, you place your bags in one of the baskets. Make sure your camera is ready for shooting.

(keep in mind if you are using a "day of nomination ticket", or using a ticket for another member (that graduated, out sick, etc.) you are ineligible for the cheki prize.)

5. After the shamekai: Once you take your photo, the member will get up to thank you and shake your hand. Once you leave the lane they will ask you to check your photo to make sure it is okay. If so, grab your bags and leave.

5b: if you win the cheki: You get a bunch of extra time since most members will sign the booklet AND the cheki. I think it is a nice prize, and you get a bunch of extra time to talk while the member signs.

6. Time: Keep in mind, the lanes close 30 minutes prior to the end of the slot. For example, Slot 1 is 9-10:30, you must be in line by 10. Also, if you are using a "day of nomination ticket, or a ticket for a different girl that is listed on the ticket, you cannot queue up until 30 minutes after the slot begins. So in that same slot, you can queue with an open ticket between 9:30-10.

7. CD Signing ticket: You must have the Thumbnail CD cover for signing. They won't sign anything else. Before you queue up, be sure and fill out your name on the back of the ticket (again, with kun, san, chan, etc...) They will check your ID, mainly to make sure your name matches what you wrote. If you can write your name in kana, great! If not, romaji is okay too. Once you get to the front, they will take your ticket, and cover, and hand them to the member when it is your turn. The timer will call when time is up, but it really is up to the member since they will take as long as they feel like to sign the CD.

8. Queueing Strategy: Some popular members have particularly big queues. Before the slot starts you will see fans start a queue on the outside. If you have a lot of tickets in a particular slot, you may want to prequeue to maximize your time. Some queues can take an entire slot to get through. When I have a bunch of different members in a slot, I usually do the shortest queues first, then the longest queue last. If I have more than one popular member in a slot, I will prequeue for one of them. Keep in mind, if you run out of time and miss out on using a ticket, you can still use it later as an "open ticket"

12. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Seems like he's going to handshake not 2shot by the way

13. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    aah, oops. Well, pretty much the same things apply, except for the photo shooting stuff. It still has the drawing for the special prizes like 1-shot selfie, etc...

14. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    That helps a lot, thank you! :blush:

One more question: They wrote you have to bring two identifications, one with and one without picture. Does a credit-card count as identification?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  15. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Not sure where you read that. Only once, because they said my passport photo didn't look like me, did they ask for a second ID. Mind you, this was years ago, before the ticket stamping. I showed them my California drivers license.

One ID should be sufficient.

16. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Ok, thanks. I read it on the rules for SKE-Events, maybe they handle it different than AKB. But I guess since I've got a couple of IDs with and without picture I should be fine

17. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    It's same all across. What you read is them stating 2 IDs if your primary IDs does not have a photo attached.

18. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Ah, I see. Thanks :)

19. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    So regarding chara-ani and events in general: I am traveling to japan mid-july and barely miss the july 16 and 17 HS events. There seems to be one in Fukuoka on july 30 but 48g site says:
    <Participation ticket of target>
    ·"High tension" "Event participation ticket" enclosed in the first limited edition
    · "Shoot sign" "Event participation ticket" enclosed in the first limited edition

Are those available or am I screwed?

What actually interests me most is the Yukata event on july 23, but chara-ani site has not mention of that one anymore so is it a loss as well?

20. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Try Yesasia.com ... I think they still have some High Tension and Shoot Sign first edition CDs for sale.