1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Your SKE48 Experiences

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by ithebigc, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Not the block 2 sae one... "2部の佐江握手は載せないくらい良くなくて"...

2. eiennoyorokobi

eiennoyorokobi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Twitter:
    mujakigenki
    On Saturday, November 21, I received an unexpected email in my inbox!

I've lost so many applications on the ticket center that I thought I had been blacklisted or would never win. But just when I had about given up, I found that I had successfully applied to see the SKE Kenkyuusei that Tuesday, November 24.

Unfortunately for me, it was a weekday performance. I go to school in the Kanto area, 7 hours by bus and 2 hours by Shinkansen from Nagoya. Ordinarily I would save money and take a night bus to Nagoya, but I had to rush from school in Yokohama directly to the SKE theater. So this theater trip ended up costing a pretty penny (and a lot of frenzied travel), despite the hilariously low price (2100 yen) of the tickets.

I arrived at Sakae Station and didn't need to check the maps to know how to get to the theater. After all, the lyric was repeating itself in my head, “Go out through Subway Exit 8 and arrive immediately”! I entered the line at 5:30, with fifteen minutes to spare before ticket sales end. Even if I'd missed the deadline, I could still have seen the show, but only standing room.

It seems like most wota arrive several hours early, but this is clearly unnecessary. Tickets are given a random number which are then called out in blocks of 10, randomly. My number was 170 (one of the last numbers), but my block ended up entering the theater earlier than most others, so I ended up sitting in the fifth row.

I don't have a strong enough memory to go through the setlist song by song, but I'll give some impressions. Party ga Hajimaru yo is just as much a kami-setlist as always. The number of songs with a MIX is disappointingly low, but as the setlist was written before that custom developed, it makes sense.

Seeing a stage in person is an utterly different experience than watching an online stream. The crowd is unbelievably loud (the stream deliberately turns down the crowd noise). The passion that the fans have is really insane. It was very exciting. I must say, though, it was pretty disturbing when a older middle-aged man was screaming his love for tiny 11 year old Kamimura Ayuka. (By the way, Kataoka Narumi is also incredibly tiny – I was surprised).

The members also really work hard to make eye contact with each and every fan. I was holding Nojima Kano's light-stick colors, and when she noticed, waved, and smiled, it was really wonderful. It's better than a handshake event, I don't know why. I was also really drawn in by Naruchin (Kawasaki Narumi). Her smile is beautiful in person.

When the show ended, we were ushered out row by row. The send-off was not a high-touch, just waving and saying thank you.

I really would like to go to another stage soon – after 80-or-so ticket applications, I finally got this one, so I'm not really counting on winning a main-team stage.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I thought i was the only one liking A1, glad i'm not alone anymore.

"As long as the theater exist, AKBgroup will never die"

4. eiennoyorokobi

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Twitter:
    mujakigenki
    Funnily enough, less than two weeks after seeing the KKS, I won a ticket to RanRan's seitansai! Report to come soon.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I went to the theatre today, but it's closed today (for new year maybe?) :(

6. eiennoyorokobi

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Twitter:
    mujakigenki
    I never finished my report for Ran's seitansai, and now it's a little far in the past to write about, but here's a handshake report!
    I went to the SKE Unit Kobetsu HS on January 10th at Port Messe Nagoya. For various reasons, I can rarely go to Saturday events, so this was another long-distance expedition. In any event I much prefer Port Messe to Makuhari Messe (it's much less crowded and stressful), so I wasn't too broken up about it. I arrived bright and early as I wanted to line up for the same-day ticket lottery, which required one to buy CDs at the event – and the line was very long. I arrived before the first slot opened and still waited an hour. But-- I won! My prize was a signed poster from Obata Yuna, so I hurried over to her lane.

Yunana

I'm not really the type to go to very young members' lanes, but she is very cute and has a great smile. She politely asked for my name, but ended up spelling it wrong (in katakana, no less, not even an English misspelling). She covered up her error with a heart though, so it was alright ^^

That left me with very little time before slot 2, so I moved right to pre-line for Jurina's lane.

Jurina

Me: Happy New Year!

J: Happy New Year!

Me: Do you think anything's going to change in 2016?

J: You think so?

Me: No, what do you think?

J: Hmmm

(mamonaku)

J: I think SKE will become the strongest team!

I've heard that Jurina has a good memory for her big fans, but she sees so many fans a day that I don't really expect much of a personal reaction from her. This HS also had a bit of a communication hiccup, but what can you do?

Minarun (Slot 2)

M: Happy New Year! Oh! I remember you! I remember!

Me: Thanks for remembering ^^ I really want to go to a Ramune performance this year. I've applied so many times already.

M: Don't worry, there's always a next time.

Me: I'm definitely going to win before I go back to my country!

M: Ehhhh, when are you going back?!

Me: June -_-

M: So I hope you win a ticket for the first half of the year!

Minarun insisting so hard that she remembered had the opposite effect of letting me know she'd forgotten my name, haha. In the end I didn't win the first-half-of-the-year ticket (which I would have used for Sae's graduation anyway), so I'll just have to try to win the normal way.

After this slot I headed over to the booth collecting graduation messages for Sae, as I am technically a part of the committee (pretty damn useless, though). I don't usually get spoken too as much as I would by other wota at events, however, so it was good to be able to chat.

Shibata Aya

Aya: Happy New Year!

Me: I think Aya-chan's MC skills improved so much last year! I hope you get more and more work.

Aya: I want to be on TV a lot.

Me: I hope you get work on broadcast TV (please management I need more Ebisho)

(mamonaku)

Aya: Please be kind to me this year too! Rabu yuu

Yeah, Aya is a fisher, but I still like her an unhealthy amount. Ever since I started getting her mobame, I've been more and more fished... I didn't consider myself the gachikoi type to fall for such tricks. Still, I was sincere when I said that I think Aya is becoming a really skilled MC – with more practice she could reach Sashihara's level IMO. Her talents are honestly wasted with the current jobless SKE, but at least she has the NicoNico broadcasts.

Kitagawa Ryoha

Me: Nice to meet you!

R: Nice to meet you. What nationality are you?

Me: I'm American.

(mamonaku)

Me: Sae-chan is graduating, but are you OK?

R: I'm sad, but I'll do my best!

I bought this ticket to commiserate with a fellow Sae-oshi. Ryoha is really going to have to stand on her own now... Ami-chan too, I guess. Ryoha is taller than I thought. I expected her to be a little nervous with a foreigner, but she talked to me normally in Japanese, which was good.

After this handshake I was joined by some ojisan-wota friends of mine, one of whom is also a Sae-kamioshi and Minarun ni-oshi. The other ojisan was a Minarun kami-oshi. I renban-ed with the Sae-oshi for this next handshake, and he was nice enough to let me go afterwards.

Miyazawa Sae (slot 3)

Sae: He's your friend???

(walk up to the lane)

Sae: Happy New Year!

Me: So, I recently watched a stage.

Sae: On DMM?

Me: No, I made it into the theater! It was RanRan's seitansai...

Sae: Oh, I remember! I thought you were talking about the first stage of this year.

Me: It was really wonderful.

(mamonaku)

Me: I ended up buying a lot of tickets for today...

Sae: Thank you, let's talk a lot! Bye-bye

Of course I was a little nervous as always, but having the ice broken by the person in front of you is super helpful, especially when it's something as weird as a Japanese 50-something dude introducing a white early 20s guy.

This was pretty fun, so I renban-ed after my ojisan buddies for the next slot with Minarun as well.

Renban worked out even better for me this time, as the two guys used all their tickets talking about me, pointing and all. Also, I got to see more of Minarun's surprised reaction-face, which is among my favorite things in the world.

Oba Mina (slot 4)

Me: I'm back!

M: OK! ****-san! I won't forget now.

Me: Sorry about those guys...

M: They're really your friends??? How old are you?

Me: I'm twenty!

M: Something's off with that!!! Are you sure you're OK?

Me: Well, most people never talk to me at these events.

M: Even though you're so good at Japanese! They're just scared.

(mamonaku)

Me: (laughs) That must be it. I'll do my best. See you soon!

Miyazawa Sae (slot 4)

I had three minutes worth of tickets, so I can't write the whole conversation, but we talked a little about her graduation announcement. She somehow finagled a promise out of me to come to her stage play in August even though I'm going home in June. Then we talked about my family for a little while. Then Sae told me how much my Japanese had improved since the first time we met (I think this topic may have come up from a fan-letter? I didn't ask). Honestly, my Japanese hasn't really improved that much, I think, but I'm more comfortable around Sae now. I told her that I admired how hard she'd tried at Chinese and that I wanted to learn that language next. We talked a little bit more about learning languages and time was up.

As long as I don't look on my credit card bill, a lot of tickets is a much better handshake experience. It still passes in an instant, but there's no stress of trying to say everything you want to in a few seconds. The fact that it's so much better, though, is particularly dangerous, as the CDs pile up and your bank account empties. I may be sad that Sae is graduating, but perhaps it's good for my well-being that she is.

7. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    SKE48 Tokyo Handshake Events (Individual and National) at Makuhari Messe (2016/20/27-2016/02/28) PART I

I am honestly all idol'ed out after the last 8 days. From the AKB Be My Baby Event, to the 2 Tokyo HKT48 concerts, to 2 FES☆TIVE live events. i thought I would have day off on Friday. But noooo, I had to make a mad dash to Shinjuku to preorder Hashimoto Kanna's upcoming PB for a book signing event in March. It culminated with a pair of SKE48 events at Makuhari. First the individual event where I had 6 tickets, then the National event which I ultimately had 12 tickets for. After attending the two events, I can say without a doubt I had a much better time at the National event. Now one might say "But you barely get any time to talk to the members. How could it be better?" There are a few reasons for that...

First of all, since there are no names on the tickets you can decide who you want to see on a whim. Even the most popular members. Feel like saying hello to Jurina? No problem, just queue up. Second, unlike AKB the SKE National Events seem to make it very easy to use a lot of tickets throughout day. There are a lot of lanes, and the crowd isn't quite as big. I used 12 tickets today, I could have easily used 3x that amount. Third, the way they mix the members you never know who you might get to meet (and really hit it off with) I got a chance to meet so many SKE members today who I had never met before. As a result I came away with a new "best friend"

Oh, and you get the mini-live too. Anyway, on to the meetings. And I am going with Sunday's National Event first since I enjoyed it so much.

The National Event was arranged in four slots, with a mini-live sandwiched in the middle. There were six solo lanes (Jurina, Suda, Churi, Shibata, Sae, Souda) The rest of the members were grouped in threes over 12 lanes. However, Furuhata Nao had a special lane to make up for missed handshake events, so she was not available unless you had her ticket. Also Kitagawa Ryoha was doing a makeup handshake, so she was only available in the morning. The neat part was the girls all shuffled in the afternoon, so the pairings were completely different. I came with a bunch of local friends, some of whom were interested in seeing me interact with my favorite members. So we led off by caravaning over to Mikitty's lane...

AM SLOTS

(Lane 17) Sugawara Maya, Hidaka Yuzuki, Yakata Miki (x2)
    As I am coming down the lane Maya gives me this look like I am Frankenstein coming down the lane. I immediately say "What, am I scary???" "But I don't know English" "That's okay" Just as I am saying this I get the OMG reaction from Yuzuki. "Oh, wow!!! Hello!!!" As she is grabbing my hand Mikitty immediately chimes in "Oh, it's Chris!" Yuzuki: "Chris? Chris??? CHRIS!!!" Yuzuki isn't letting me go to Mikitty. Finally I get to Mikitty and I tell her that she better be careful since Yuzuki is giving me special Kami-treatment!

When I visited them later on Mayu had gotten the gist of what I was about. So she is laughing when she sees me coming. However Yuzuki immediately bombs over her "Hello Chris!!!! It's Chris!!!" Pulling me over to her. I kanda felt bad so when I got to Mikitty I whispered to her "Don't worry, you are still my #1 in SKE" "I am? Good! Thank you Chris."

(Lane 11) Takahata Yuki, Goto Rara, Matsumura Kaori (x2)
    My friend followed me to Kaotan's lane. I knew Rara was going to be there, but I wasn't sure who the third member was. I didn't recognize Takahata at first so I sort of blew by her. Then Rara began talking to me in English. However, I was still in "talk Japanese mode" so it threw me off and I just sat there stammering. Finally I got to Kaotan. After our usual pleasantries I told her I brought a friend to meet her. She was like "Nande nande nande??? You are Chris' friend?" I guess she was surprised I have friends?

After I left the lane it dawned on me that Hatagon was one of the 7th gen members I was rooting for during the auditions. Plus I really had things I wanted to say to Rara. So a short time later I visited the lane again. Immediately telling "Takahata-chan" (Yes I called her that, and it got a giggle) that I did root for her during the auditions. She was like "You actually know who I am?" For Rara, I told her that I work on one of the big English-speaking 48-group forums and that she was quickly becoming an extremely popular member among overseas fans. "Really? That's great! I am happy to hear that." Finally to Kaotan, who commented on my interaction with Rara. "The two of you can speak English together." I said "Yes, it is good. But I am still here to see Kaori-chan" I asked her if she would be performing in the mini-live. She said that I better be cheering for her.

(Lane 15) Kitagawa Ryoha, Kamimura Ayuka, Tani Marika
    The same friend finally followed me into Tani's lane. Truthfully I was excited to meet Ryoha. I am not really a fan, and she seems to have that "potentially salty" personality. On the other hand, I have heard she can be talkative at events. Which Ryoha would I get? Coming down the lane I see her usual "slightly embarassed" expression. She was very "by the book" Exchanged pleasantries, smiled. But honestly I didn't have much to contribute either. On to the little kenkyuusei who acted as you would expect most 12-year olds to act with a foreign ojisan fan. So when I got to Tani we just talked about Kamimura's cute twin tails. (BTW, Ayuka was out sick in the afternoon, so that was probably why she wasn't too animated)

(Lane 2) Suda Akari
    I do like to visit some of SKE's bigwigs dung the National events. I used to get tickets for Dasu all the time, but I haven't seen her for at least a couple years. She didn't really have much of a line. Despite that, it was an extremely quick visit. In fact it was the shortest time I got from all the lanes. (And I visited a couple other solo lanes too later on) Pretty much. Hello Dasu, catchphrase, thanks for coming, and I was out of the exit. She was her usual genki self, but this is pretty much the same as every handshake I have ever done with her. It is like a blur...

I considered using another ticket in the morning (possibly for Marika again), but they closed Slot 2 early to prepare for the Mini-live. I still had time to head over and sign birthday cards for my new pal Yuzuki and Yamashita Yukari.

Mini-Live
    I usually have good luck drawing a spot for SKE's mini-live. I was surprised to see people queueing 3 hours early for it since the draw is completely random. That said, the earier you are the better spot you get in whatever section you choose. My friends and I all went in relatively late and drew the middle section (which we were in the middle of) So we weren't very close to the stage.

One thing I never knew was that every SKE member has a specific lightstick color scheme that their fans wave. I had only brought one stick with me. I have a bunch, but they are all one-color types with the exception of the one Kingblade I own. So I asked about Kaotan and Mikitty's colors. They both had a 3-color scheme with red. How about Tani? "Oh Tani's is crazy, like 6 different colors" So I am supposed to have 6 Kingblades for Marika? Forget it! All three of them had red so I went with red for the show.

Kageana was done by a bunch of different members. There were plenty of screwups, and plenty of giggling.

All of the members who didn't have a sub-unit opened the live with Okey Dokey, followed by each sub-unit. In order: Love Crescendo, Death Stock Diamond, Furumarion, Caramel Cats, and finally Transit Girls. BTW, my two favorite songs on the single are the ones by Death Stock Diamond and Furumarion.

The one big MC was all about Madoka since this was her last National Event. She was presented flowers, then they did a tribute to her "cheerleader pose". Other members were shown on the screen with their rendition, the funniest to me was Kanon's. It just seemed like she was trolling the pose. Anyway, the show was over. Back to the handshake lanes...

PM SLOTS

So now all of those people who had lined up early for the mini-live were in the handshake area, causing most of the lines to be much longer than in the morning. At least in the beginning it was that way. As I strategized how to use my last six tickets I noticed that my new friend Yuzuki was now paired with Kaotan. So I was surely going to hit this lane a couple of times. The rest we would play by ear...

(Lane 11) Asai Yuka, Hidaka Yuzuki, Matsumura Kaori (x2)
    I was all stoked and ready to hit this line. But first I would have to get through another of the 7th gen babies. Yuukatan was all smiles and waves when I came through. But again, Yuzuki was extremely excited to see me again throwing up the double High-Five. Not to be outdone, Kaotan got into the act too. BTW, during the mini-live the members of Death Stock Diamond tossed balls into the crowd (ala Hajimete no Jellybeans). I was so impressed with Kaotan. She has a really good arm, and throws the ball with nice coordination. I bet she played softball when she was younger. So I told her that. "I can throw the ball far, ne?" "Yes, you were really good!"

I returned to this lane during the fourth slot. This time Asai was ready for me. She is laughing as I enter and immediately tries for the double high-five. I said "So you want to be my tomodachi too?" I actually wanted to say something to Yuzuki this time so I told her that sine we are friends I want to see her perform at the SKE theater. I also told her I signed a birthday card for her. Finally for Kaotan I told her I cheered for her as requested, she told me to use the word "call" (Koru) and that Death Stock Diamond was my favorite of the units. And of course I got the obligatory "I LOVE YOU" scream as I left, with Yuzuki still waving at me from behind.

Interestingly I ended up seeing Yuzuki and Kaotan more than anyone else today, including Mikitty and Marika. I guess I made up for blowing off a Kaotan ticket the week before.

(Lane 3) Takayanagi Akane
    Another of the members I used to go see and then stopped. I actually wasn't planning on visiting Churi today. But then I remembered I did have things to talk about with her. Her line was almost empty so I jumped in. Churi's handshakes are quite consistent. I have never seen her overly genki. Like Rena, Yui. She is just kinda level-headed and mellow. So I told her that I bought her photobook (It is actually the only PB I have purchased over the past 3 months) She asked if I liked it, which of course I answered affirmitavely. So she gave me the pose from the cover (with her hand partially blocking her face) It was cute. I also wanted to tell her that I saw her photography exhibit in Shinjuku last month, but I got pushed out before I had time. Anyway, the PB cover pose made the visit worth my while.

(Lane 15) Umemoto Madoka, Yakata Miki, Ego Yuna
    I was also excited about who Mikitty was sharing a lane with in the afternoon. Not only would I be able to say goodbye to Umechan, but would get to meet Egochan for the first time. However...

The line was HUGE. There were two member lines that remained consistently huge all day. One was Sae, the other was this one. And this queue was gigantic. I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise with both of them graduating, but Madoka's AM lane wasn't that crowded. Obviously people had the later slots earmarked. Perhaps it had a little to do with who she was paired with too. I entered the queue not knowing how long it would take. There were 35 minutes left in Slot 3. The line slowly snaked up and down as it got closer to the 4pm break. I was 12 away from the booth when they called break time. Oh no! Luckily this was one of the few lanes that was only getting a 30 minute break. (Actually it ended up being closer to 40, but who's counting?)

So 80 minutes after queueing for this lane I finally got my turn. I congratulated Umechan, wished her luck and gave her MY version of her cheerleading pose. I complained to Mikitty that the line took so long, and I may not be able to queue up again for it. But I was glad to see her perform. Then came Egochan. I must say, she is much cuter in person than when I have seen her on TV. And she had her hair in these cute-wavy twin tails. She was standing on some sort of stool as well because I know she isn't nearly that tall. But I told her that I was happy meet her. At the end I was just happy I got out early enough to complete the last of my tickets.

(Lane 18) Noguchi Yume, Ida Reona, Tani Marika
    I feel kinda bad since I only went to see Tani twice. I had planned to see her more than that, but honestly she was just paired with members I had no interest in meeting. At least in the morning I was mildly interested in meeting Ryoha. I felt even worse because apparently Tani was messaging that she felt lonely all day since her queues were empty. In fact during my hour+ in the Madoka queue I could see her repeatedly craning her neck out to see if anyone else was coming...

So I went in not even knowing which girl was which. I think the first was Yumechi, who asked me where I was from. When I said San Francisco Reona got all excited and pulled me over to her. When I finally got to Tani I asked her if she felt lonely today. She kinda puffed out her lip, which I mirrored back at her. "Should I come back and see you again?" She's like "Please!"

Unfortunately I only had one ticket left, and I wanted to use it somewhere else. So I hope the next time I see Tani she forgets that I kinda let her down. But where to use my last ticket? So many choices. I said earlier that I might want to meet Shibata (who I think I have only met once before) The Azuma/Obata/Arai lane was also intriguing (and getting good reviews) There was also the Ranran/Minarun/Wada lane which would surely be fun. But I decided to go big. And since the line was short I would take advantage...

(Lane 1) Matsui Jurina
    So I told my friend (and Jurina fan) that I was going to meet her since the queue had gotten smaller. A couple minutes later he entered the lane, so I went back to the end of the line with him. It was only going to be a few minutes wait anyway. After he told her that he had brought a new fan for her to play with she got very excited. She was reaching for me before I even got into the booth. I told her that I had actually met her twice before, the last time was at the Utsukushii Inazuma event. She winked at me and asked "Do you love me?" I jokingly responded "Mochiron!" She had a really animated guard who started laughing loudly. Jurina went in for the kill with "I am #1???" Now the guard and I are both laughing. He's like "Okay that's enough. Thank you!" as he is half-heartedly pushing me out.

And I was done with my tickets. There were 20 minutes to go before the Matome Dashi. I wasn't going to wait around for the Sae festivities, which from what I heard took hours. So I decided to wait upstairs (where it wasn't so stuffy). My friends and I made a bee-line for the Train Station before the big K-Pop concert next door let out.

I will do a (shorter) Saturday report later.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    SKE48 Tokyo Handshake Events (Individual and National) at Makuhari Messe (2016/20/27-2016/02/28) PART II

Backtracking to Saturday, SKE's first event of the weekend was an individual handshake event also celebrating the release of the Love Crescendo Sub-Unit Single. I had a total of six tickets for four members. So I was somewhat less excited about this event. So many members I usually go for, like Mikitty and Ishida Anna weren't there. Also, I applied late so I could not get tickets to members like Dasu, Shibata, or Churi. So for me it was going to be light handshake fare.

The doors opened at 10am, but the first handshake slot didn't begin until 11am. One of the big features of the event was the special drawing they were having for anyone who bought copies of the CD at the venue. You could win all sorts of prizes, including additional handshake tickets, 2-shot chekis, autographed goods. At first I didn't realize how big this part of the event would be. It turned out to be the focal point of the day. It also helped that the National Event was the next day, so fans were happy to purchase the CDs for the additional event tickets.

I arrived at Makuhari around 11:30. I would get me tickets stamped and get my one Slot 1 ticket done. Then I would see about this drawing thing. As I came around the corner I saw this huge queue across the bridge. Now I have been to plenty of SKE events before, none of which ever had a line like this over an hour after opening. As I got closer I could see that pretty much everyone on the bridge was female. At that point I knew this had nothing to do with SKE. I wondered what Boy Band was sharing Makuhari today?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For those of you who don't know (I had never heard of them) Got7 is a Multi-National K-Pop Band. I have seen them compared to One Direction. This was the last leg of their Japan Tour, and they would be performing on both Saturday AND Sunday in the building next door. However their goods booths were set up right in front of the entrance where SKE was holding their events. So the venue was filled with cute girls of all ages throughout the weekend. (Both inside the SKE event and outside the hall. [hehe] )

I made it through the eyecandy and got inside the hall. The CD sales for Slots 1-2 had already ended. The next sales period would't begin until after Slot 2. There was already a sizeable queue for it too. No matter, time to visit a member I have never seen in person before...

Obata Yuna (Slot 1)
    Here was another of the 7th Gen prospective members I rooted for during the auditions. In fact most of the 7th Gen prospects I really liked made it into the group. That doesn't happen to me very often. Usually my selections and the groups' selections are very different. In fact, Yuna was very high on my list. So I was excited to see what she would be like in person. Her queue wasn't very long, so I jumped right in.

First impression, is this the same girl? I thought she looked different compared to all the photos I have seen of her. Of course management often does an amazing job of turning new members from "regular girls" into "idols" Once I came in and she smiled at me I knew. "Oh yeah, this is her."

Me: Nice to meet you!
    Yuna: Thank you.
    Me: I really wanted to see you. I rooted for you during the audition.
    Yuna: Really? Thank you!
    Me: Good luck with Team KII.
    Yuna: I will do my best!
    Me: See you again!

She is a very cheerful girl, with a really bright smile. I do like her. Although it was quite telling that I had ample opportunity to see her on Sunday and didn't take advantage. But I am happy I got the chance to meet her. Anyway, on to Slot 2...

I actually had the same two tickets for both Slots 2-3. Tani and Kaotan. There was also a lunch break in between these slots. This would be where I would queue up for the CDs and hopefully win a fabulous prize or two.

Tani Marika (Slots 2-3)
    Both Marika and Kaori-chan were in the Chaos Stage a couple of days previously, so I would have plenty to talk about. Neither had a line, so I would get these tickets done quickly.

Me: Good morning Marika!
    Tani: Good morning! Are you Genki today?
    Me: Of course, I am seeing Marika-chan!
    Tani: When you see me is it "Rabu Rabu"?
    Me: Of course. I want to see you more on television too!
    Tani: Thank you, see you again.
    Me: Yes, I am coming back.

I loved her little quip about it being "Rabu Rabu" I thought it was cute the way she said it. Later on...

Tani: Ah, hello!
    Me: I saw your performance on the Takamina Stage.
    Tani: Oh really?
    Me: Tani and Chori's performance was great!
    Tani: Thank you.
    Me: I am a longtime fan of SDN48...

As I was being pushed out. Like Kaotan, Marika always follows me to the end of the booth and continues waving and talking to me as I am gathering my stuff. I think by now both of them really do know that I am a fan. I have seen them at a bunch of events, and I almost always have multiple tickets.

Matsumura Kaori (Slots 2-3)
    Kaotan also had a very small queue. It's funny, but it seems as if at least in Tokyo they get a much bigger turnout at the AKB single events. Perhaps it is because this single wasn't a huge seller. I mean it is nice that I don't have to wait very long, but I know most of the girls are happier when they have a nice turnout. Anyway, I had two tickets for Kaotan in consecutive slots...

Kaotan: Konnichiwa!
    Me: Hello Kaotan! Did you have fun at the Takamina Stage?
    Kaotan: Yes, did you see it?
    Me: Yes, I thought it was great!
    Kaotan: Really? You had a ticket?***
    (Now I got confused, because she kept talking about Takamina and a ticket. I thought she was talking about Takamina's grad concert in Yokohama. I was wondering why she was asking me that, but I answered affirmatively anyway)
    Kaotan: Really, you had a ticket? Wow, congratualations!
    Me: Thank you (As I am being pushed out)

Seconds later I realized what she was actually asking me. She was asking if I had won any of the Takamina Special Stages. Now it all made sense. Oh well, I would clear this up when I saw her next slot...

Me: I am sorry. I did not win any of Takamina's Stages
    Kaotan: I see, but you won a ticket for her concert?
    Me: Yes, two of the concerts.
    Kaotan: That's great!
    Me: I also won for Sae's concert at Gaishi Hall, so I will see you there!
    Kaotan: Yatta!

Okay, glad I cleared that up.

The CD/Drawing Queue
    After Slot 2 I ran upstairs to grab some lunch and something to drink. In that short time the queue to buy CDs had ballooned significantly. I wasn't too worried. Even if the line took over an hour I would still have ample time to use my Slot 3 tickets. I was more worried that they could run out of CDs. In fact when I finally made it to the front (in slightly less than an hour) they were all out of Types B and C. So my "Set of 3" consisted entirely of Type A. My friends were saying "That's okay, since you are mainly getting them for the drawing and the National Handshake tickets". However I actually had not purchased this single yet aside from the Theater Version. So I really did want B and C too. Luckily @@Jeff86 had extra copies of B and C so he swapped with me. I used my handshake tickets first, then I queued up for the Slot 4 drawing...

First draw: Nothing.
    Second Draw: I won something, but I didn't look to see what it was.
    Third draw: Nothing.

As I walked out I saw that I had won a personally signed poster. And I recognized the Kanji of the member. It was Sae! Now I am not a fan of Sae at all, but I knew this was a good ticket to have. Especially since this was one her last events. Just as I hit the exit there were a bunch of fans trying to see what everyone won. Once one of them saw I won something for Sae I was converged upon by a bunch of people who wanted it. I'm like, sure I'll trade it. What do you guys have? The first thing they offer me is a couple of National Handshake tickets. So I immediately had to pull the "I'm not stupid" card. I was willing to trade it for a member I liked. I told them I am a fan of Kaotan and Tani. If they found a prize involving one of them I would gladly trade it straight up. Apparently they couldn't find any prizes for them. So now they were offering me money for it. I felt a bit uncomfortable about this because this is against the rules. But they were insistent. Finally they offered me 10000 yen. I probably could have held out for more, but the guy kept saying that Sae was his favorite member and he wanted the ticket so badly. I dunno, he could have been lying (In fact he probably was since he didn't seem like the Sae fan type), but I didn't want to be a dick, so I agreed. So at the end of the day I got all three CDs and three handshake tickets for nothing, plus an extra 5K yen in my pocket. Not bad. Hey, if it is this profitible maybe I will try again for Slot 5! But first, slot 4...

Oya Masana (Slot 4)
    So after all of that silliness it was almost time for Slot 4. I figured I would queue up early for my one ticket and then get in line for the CDs again. As I was walking across the hall I noticed one of the members had their name crossed out for the rest of the afternoon. It was Masanya! She was my last ticket. During all of that CD queueing I failed to notice that she had left for the day. Now with Chara-ani when this happens you can exchange your ticket for an "open ticket" to another member. This was mumo.net though, and they do not do "open tickets" like AKB. I went over to the info desk to see what the policy was. I knew a refund was an option. But a) I do not have a Japanese bank account and b) I am not going through all of that stuff over ONE ticket. I asked if they had any other options. No, but then they started bringing over all sorts of other people. They kept asking if I was coming to the next event (I believe there was one more, but it is in Nagoya) I kept saying "It's okay, not a big deal" But every time I would turn to leave they would say "No, wait here just a little longer" as more and more people discussed this "big" issue. Finally they let me go after like 10 minutes. Seriously, I didn't want them to make any special accomodations for me. I was just asking about the policy.

After that I decided not to stick around for the last CD drawing. I actually had something I needed to handle back in Tokyo. So I maneuvered through the massive crowd of rabid Got7 fans trading pics and whatnot, and bailed back to Shinjuku. There would be more fun the next day anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jeff86

Jeff86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    Jeff86500
    SKE48 Kobetsu HS 02/27

I’m using my six hours train trip to do my report for the SKE48 individual HS of 02/27 in Makuhari Messe.

This was my first HS with SKE48, the group I’ve been mainly into for now more than a year. I’ve met some of them last year at the shamekai but it was mostly a first.
    Compared to last year, I was a little more confident in my japanese and the fact that I know a lot about the SKE members helped me not being nervous.
    This event was great for me cause it provided me with the chance of seeing the members before the shamekai. I also took the occasion to ask for poses.

This handshake was for the unit single so only the members of the CD were available. My oshi wasn’t there but I’m quite the DD with SKE so it wasn’t really a problem.
    Other particularity of this HS was the lottery. You could buy CD with a chance to win multiple prizes such as HS tickets, 2shot cheki, signed posters, etc.
    As @Cristafari already wrote, we got lucky. He won a signed Sae poster and I got a signed Akarin poster. I’m not a huge fan but I knew the ticket was quite valuable. I happily switched for a Kuma cheki with some guy.
    I know the “monetary value” of both items is different but I didn’t really care, I was really happy to get a cheki with one of the members I like and a cheki with a 48G is so rare lol!

I had 50 tickets for this day and tried to divide them by stacks of 2-3 at a time.

Goto Rara (20 tickets)

Rara’s my favorite 7D2 member so I got a lot of tickets for her. Talking with Rara is like talking with a friend lol! She’s very talkative and talking in english strangely changes the experience for me, like I’m not talking to an idol. I wasn’t nervous one bit and had a great time!

I prepared many things to talk about and didn’t even get to use half of it with my 20 tickets. When I opened the HS with a subject, she would question me back immediately or talk in depth about the subject.
    We talked about a lot of things including the new senbatsu, international fans on 755, her Wimbledon perf, etc.

I’m gonna post some exchanges I remember :

Me : TeamE is my favorite team so I was happy you got promoted in it!
    Rara : Oh! Why is it your favorite team?
    (Now, how do I explain the awesomeness of TeamE briefly? I just decided to be quick)
    Me : Well, Fukushi Nao is my oshimen!
    Rara : Oh lol!
    (Gets ushered)

I guess she was surprised I announced so directly she wasn’t my oshi lol.

Me : I became a fan seeing you perform Kiss wa dame yo
    Rara : Really? Have you seen Party?
    Me : Yeah on DMM
    Rara : Ee? Do you live in Japan?

It’s always funny when the members are surprised foreigners watch the stages and stuff.

Sugawara Maya (10 tickets) :

Another 7D2 kid I love, she’s so funny with her aloof, airhead character. Had no idea what to expect for handshake and I was a little anxious having so many tickets for her so I came prepared with many topics.
    As @Cristafari wrote in his report, she was anxious seeing a gaijin coming to her lane as she doesn’t speak english but she warmed up to me quickly and I saw her a lot on this weekend.

Me : How is the Chicken Line dance, is it kakkoii?
    Maya : It is.
    Me : I'm looking forward to your kakkoii dance!
    Maya : (worried face)

This made me laugh a lot cause it’s pretty much classic Sugawara. Really looking forward to seeing her dance to a cool song with black costume.

Me : For the shamekai, are you OK with a hengao?
    (I already know she is as I’ve seen her do it)
    Maya : Right now?
    Me : Lol for the shamekai. But right now is good too!
    Maya : (does hengao)
    Me : (thumb up!)

This is really one of Sugawara’s charm. The girl is beautiful and aloof but she has no problem doing a hengao in an instant to a gaijin she was seeing for the first time this day, she’s great!

Oya Masana : (1 ticket won at the lottery)
    I won that ticket at the lottery and didn’t have anything prepared as I wasn’t supposed to see her. I was just going to go say her MC is great but it’s Masana so…didn’t go as planned.

Me : I've come from France.
    Masana : France?
    Me : hai?!
    Masana : Ee~ France doko?
    Me : uh France! Bread, croissant...
    Masana : ah sugoiii!

So yeah Masana was totally high! Turns out she was sick too cause she left during the day and wasn’t present the day after either.

Kumazaki Haruka : (5 tickets)
    I was asking myself what I would talk to her about lol. I like her a lot but I couldn’t come up with something simple to say other than congratulating her for the new senbatsu.
    Having the cheki with her saved me because I used that to talk about.

Me : Hello again. I was very surprised looking at our cheki!
    Kuma : Oh really why?
    Me : Next to you, I really became a bear(Kuma)
    Kuma : Lol!
    (Aren’t you laughing too much?)

Like… I already look big, even more next to Kuma and you’re taking the cheki with me standing in front of her? Really staff?!

Furuhata Nao : (5 tickets)
    One of the master fisher of SKE, the very dangerous Furuhata Nao! I already saw her at shamekai and was charmed even though she was ill.

So I’m queuing and I begin seeing part of her face. She’s leaning forward holding her fan’s hands near to her face. Seeing how she’s interacting, I immediately think she’s with a kid or a girl. Well nope she’s doing it with every fan and I immediately know I’m in trouble lol!

Me : I want to see Nao as center of SKE48!
    Nao : Oh! (Hold my hands and gently taps it) Let’s do our best together?
    Me : (die, goe to idol heaven, don’t remember anything beside Nao’s eyes, probably me speaking nonsense)

Tani Marika : (5 tickets)
    My HKT oshi that got me into SKE. Was a bit pained to see so few people in her lane…

Tani : Oh long time no see!!!! Do you remember me?
    (LOL isn’t it the other way around? You’re the idol here)
    Me : Lol of course I do, at last year’s shamekai.
    Tani : Eh? Tani labu? Tani labu?
    Me : Lol of course, daisuki!

OK that’s a great start!

Me : I love your 2 ja nai yo videos, they’re the best! (Thumb up)
    Tani : Oh really you watch it? Gets super excited and we high-five)

Me : This year too, I’ll support you for the election!
    Tani : Aah… Sorry for last year, sorry to cause my fans trouble every time!
    Me : No you’re absolutely not!

She kinda rekindled my oshi feelings for her, she was amazing!

Azuma Rion : (5 tickets)
    She was my MVP of last year shamekai when I really wasn’t expecting it. With her idol character, you wouldn’t expect Rion to be an expert fisher but she is lol!

I saw her earlier during the day in the background and she seemed pretty lifeless and tired so I was worried as it was the last slot of the day too.
    She was a bit late to her lane but I got to see Sae escorting Ryouha to her lane and play with her, to the joy of the fans waiting there.
    Yuasa had his HS lane right next to us so I had fun watching members come and troll him.

Me : You were awesome in “Konya wa Otomari”
    Rion : Not at all…
    Me : Really! Our Rion, able to talk so much like that…
    (Begins applying pressure in her handshake and turns the “lovey dovey” eyes/ambiance on)
    Rion : “Suki”
    Me : …
    Rion : “Suki”
    Me : (tries my best to say the rest of what I’m trying to say)
    Rion : “Kakkoii”
    Me : (give up and go to idol heaven)

Again, Rion wins freaking MVP cause Rion. She really gets me every time and there’s really an evolution/story through the HS, she’s so good lol!!

That’s it for this event, got to write the one for national now…

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jeff86

Jeff86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    Jeff86500
    SKE48 National HS 02/28

It was my first national HS. The event is basically an idol buffet and gives you the chance to go see a member you wouldn’t go see normally or just test new members. It’s also interesting to see the differences in members between individual and national HS.
    And you’ve got a mini-live which is nice too.
    This event was my chance to say goodbye to Umechan and Sae considering Umechan won’t be there at my shamekai.

Mini live :
    I got in the queue at 11AM when I arrived, not knowing there was a random selection at the gate. Not sure why so many people are queuing this early…

The Kage ana was done by Umechan and Sae who was high, it was very funny!
    First we had the girls who are not part of any unit performing Oki Doki. It’s one of the best song for live and I was very happy to see Sakipon being one of the centers.

The rest was each unit performing their song. Furumarion is really something else, amazing performance!

The MC was a competition to find the most beautiful “N°1” pose (Umechan’s trademark pose). If you’ve seen any TeamE LOD you see where this is going, members half-assing the pose to make Umechan mad lol!

I’m just going to speak about each lane I did in no particular order.

Lane 05 : Sae
    Wanted to go see her to thank her for guiding Anmi and Chikako in TeamS. Their MC was always one of the highlights of the show.

I had to use 2 tickets cause Sae kept interrupting me, talking about my Tshirt and stuff lol. Come on Sae, trying to be serious here!

Lane 07 : Rion Yuki Yunana
    Also called the lane of death! There’s my kryptonite Rion, Alpaca-chan who’s one of my favourites and Yunana who really struck me in the HS the day before as I was watching her lane.

First was Yuki and damn!! her smile is so beautiful!! Not surprised she’s getting better HS sales recently cause she’s gorgeous and really seems happy to be there. Said I was from France, the country of Macarons (one of the food she loves, it’s in her catchphrase) so she got really excited.

Yunana was what I expected, a cute kid with a very cute smile. I think I just introduced myself.

I praised Rion on her Furumarion performance. It’s where I prefer going to see Rion alone cause I get more time and it’s just us.
    Here she can’t go through all her “show” and you don’t get the full experience. Go experience Rion in Kobetsu HS please!

Lane 10 : Hatagon Rara Saanan
    So I ended up going in this lane A LOT lol! First of all I love everyone in this lane and secondly I got a lot of funny interactions.
    Rara was the only member in this lane that knew me so she was very excited and energetic and ended up being a blast this day! Called me a pervert, shouted the AKB mix on my shirt, etc.

Hatagon is just so adorable, how is this girl 20 lol? She was surprised each time that I knew her and tried some cute english on me.

Saanan was hilarious cause she was just after Rara who I was talking to only in english and she was freaking out!

Saanan : (laughing nervously) But I can’t speak english at all…”
    Me : Lol it’s OK!

And of course the best interaction of the day :
    Me to hatagon : Your “suit + glasses” for the shamekai was “yabbai”!!
    Rara : Eee that’s because they’re perverts that they like it!
    (goes to Rara)
    Me : No no no I’m not a pervert!
    (Rara is just laughing her ass off at this point)

Lane 11 : Yuukatan Yuzuki Kaotan
    I saw @Cristafari earlier and he told me he made friend with Yuzuki so I’m like…wut? So I went there to say hello, Yuzuki is one of my favourites in KII.

Yuukatan was cute, praised her on her under performances.
    Yuzuki was in troll, over mode, also called normal Yuzuki. She was great.
    It was my first time seeing Kaotan, she’s got a good cross-handshake, I like that.

Lane 13 : Airin Kocchan Makiko
    So I was lured in this lane by Kocchan lol! Wasn’t going to go see them but I saw Kocchan from another lane and I had no choice but to go!
    She’s got that “pro”, ‘idol” aura about her and her handshake. Was really watching her “work” and her facial expressions, her attention to the fans, etc. are top notch!

Not really what I go for in handshake but it’s a national HS so you can just try lol! She gave me a great taiou.

Airin was surprisingly low tension, nothing much to say but the difference was huge next to Kocchan…

Makiko was great, as I read before, she’s quite feminine when you meet her in HS, what you don’t really see on stage.

Lane 16 : Sugawara Sakipon Aiai
    One of favourite lane! I love all the girls and was excited to meet Aiai.

I hesitated in front of the lane for some time because I didn’t know what to talk about with Sugawara considering I already saw her a lot the day before but :

Me: Hello…
    Sugawara : Oh! You were in Harajuku yesterday right?
    Me : Oh… yes…
    Sugawara : I saw you lol!

So that basically gave me something to talk about with her and she was very comfortable all day. Benefit of going multiple times…

Sakipon is super adorable, I praised a performance in center and said I wished for more.
    Then she and Aiai got very excited when I said “bonjour” after they did, cute!

Aiai gave me one of the best taiou, super excited and energetic, really a pleasure to go see her! I praised her dance.

Me : I, too, love Anmi!
    Alai : Oh same same!! (in english)

Lane 17 : Madoka Mikitty
    Was feeling crappy going to that lane just to say goodbye to Umechan but yeah… They probably should have done a solo line for Umechan cause the Mikitty fans had to do a crazy queue to see her and Umechan fans wanted more time.

I thanked Umechan for her work for TeamE and told her it was my favourite team.

Lane 19 : Yumechi Reona Tani
    Great lane too and I was excited to see Tani after our great interaction the day before.

I told Yumechi I wanted to see her center “Onna no ko no Dairokkan” again. Her performance is amazing in it!

Told Reona I did judo when I was younger and she was very happy. Told her I wanted more videos of her flipping the E members lol!

Told Tani I saw her 2 ja nai yo video with Umechan and Maimai the night before and we did some “Keitai nai!!”(Umechan joke), it was great!

That’s it for me, it’s was a great weekend of HS. I’m excited for the shamekai cause now I’ve seen at least once most of the members so the interaction will be even better. Already decided on some poses too!
    See you again for my shamekai report!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    You guys make me want to rob a bank, go to japan (even though I would have to fly for 30 hours) and show this girls how precious they are.

12. trxsh

trxsh Member

I'm laughing, it's so true! She has this sensual face she puts on that was so unexpected for me. I love Rion so much. Though I kind of feel like if I met her again I would have to have something to talk about and try to get her not to do that again lol, it's really fun to have idols be flirty with you but it's probably not my thing :XD:

13. Icy23

Icy23 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I went to SKE48 handshake on Feb 2016 (sub-unit single). So amazing!
    I handshaked with Jurina and members (Churi-chan, Aya-chan, Rion, Rara, Akarin, Tani). Amazing and really give me energy for this year. Jurina is beyond expectation, very very very nice. I spoke English since I can't speak Japanese and Jurina try to speak English to me <love this> I will go to handshake event again, no wonder!

*Besides Akarin that well known for fan-fishing, Rion & Nao handshake skills are very impressive too!, I even bought Rion T-shirt !!
    **Rara speak English very good, if you are not Japanese, don't miss to do handshake with her.
    ***Akarin is a real fan-fishing!!! her smile can kill you.
    ****I also saw many members from the near lane Ryoha, Sae (grad), Kuma-chan, Nao, Kanon, Madoka (grad), Sumire. If you love SKE48, you should participate handshake event at least once before your oshimen grad. This is the must, and it's worth every yen!

*****Jurina is the best! >///< I did 3 rounds handshake with her. And I love her more.

(I follow SKE48 because of Rena, but I don't know how and when I fall for Jurina this hard!:cute:)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Team KII "0start" 5th Stage at the SKE Theater (2017/04/28)

Finally I had won a show after a 3+ year drought. I was beginning to believe my account was on a "no win" list since it had been so long. However, friends assured me that I couldn't be blacklisted since I had won concerts in early 2016. But even that dried up, I hadn't won a concert in almost a year.

IMG_4776.JPG

Actually, this was not my first sign that things would be better. I actually got Cancel Machi for a 16th Gen show in Akihabara earlier this month. However, I did not make it into the show (I was about 10 away when they cut it off) Less than three weeks later, I finally got the elusive winning email. I was so excited, even if this meant I would have to spring for the expensive round-trip Shinkansen ride to Nagoya. Team KII was perfect since it has three of my four favorite SKE members in it. Unfortunately, Yumana wasn't performing, another KII girl that I like.

So, after being stuck on "31" for the longest time, I can finally say that I won my 32nd theater show. And this was my first SKE win since I saw Kuumin's 17th birthday show in 2011, before they remodeled the theater. I grabbed a late afternoon Shinkansen out of Tokyo, which would get me to Nagoya in plenty of time. During the ride, I tweeted that I was going to see the show, and I was excited to see Kaotan perform. And whaddya know, Kaotan 'liked" the tweet! Good, she knows I am coming.

IMG_5774.jpg

When I got to Sunshine Sakae, there was a short queue waiting for the theater to open. I instead decided to go to Tully's and grab a cup of coffee. After taking a walk around the neighborhood, I noticed the line had gotten a bit bigger, so I decided to queue up. The box office was opening soon anyway. Eventually I got my ticket, #31. Good, that meant when my group was drawn I would be first in. I went downstairs to the station and put my bag in a locker, not that the theater doesn't have lockers, but it is a bit quicker after the show if you don't have to deal with that small locker area. Once the lottery started, people began saying little prayers to their oshi members. I was standing just opposite Kaotan's photo, so I gave her a wink. After girls, family, and enpou groups went in, the lottery began...

"11-20!" ~ Shit, that would have been me had I queued up immediately instead of getting coffee!
    "81-90" ~ Uh oh, how bad would my seat be?
    "21-30" ~ DAMMIT! Had I lined up 15 seconds earlier!!!
    "31-40" ~ SCORE-A-ROONI!!! Fourth group in! BTW, I believe "1-10" was right after us, so the low numbers all got in early...

I entered the theater, and wow. It is so much bigger than before when they were performing in what used to be a converted bar. The entire center section was taken up by the girls, families, and enpou, and the first rows were pretty much filled up. But the second rows were only partially filled. I got a seat on the left side of the second row, four seats away from the part of the stage that comes out into the audience. This would be a great spot!

Eventually the show started with the "Zenza Girls" performance. I was so excited since I think this was my first time seeing Kaotan perform Matsumurabu live. As for RESET, I have seen this stage a couple of times before, and I know a lot people (including me) were getting bored with it. However, it had been so long since I had seen a stage that I was happy to see anything. Not to mention, I like RESET, especially the songs after the units. Jigsaw Puzzle 48 is one of my favorite AKBallads, and White Day ni wa is a nice song too. But since most of you know the songs pretty well, I will stick to my experience of the members. Remember, I'm an obvious foreigner, close to the stage (actually there were two of us there, both in the second row) so I would probably get some great reactions.

The Three Girls I am Buddies With: Kaotan, Yuzuki, and Anna
    Unfortunately, both Kaotan and Yuzuki spent most of the show on the opposite side of the stage, so I wasn't getting too much face time with them at all. However, they both eventually made it over to my side of the stage. I caught Kaotan glancing at me from time to time, Yuzuki gave me a cute little wave. Anna never really looked at me though, LOL.

Fished the Hell Out of Me: Souda, Aoki, Ego
    Especially Souda, who seemed to be right in front of me for most of the show. Constantly smiling at me, winking at me, waving at me, reacting if I reacted to her. She was doing her best to make an impression on me. The same goes for Aoki Shiori, although that didn't start until the last part of the show. However, once she zeroed in on me she wouldn't let up, even throwing the streamer directly at me, and then beckoning me to grab on to it. I must admit, I have a little crush on her after watching this show too. Infectious smile. Egochan got in front of me during one song and just kept pointing straight at me. I also had a little interaction with Obamina at one point too.

Totally into their performance: Churi, Nao, Obata
    It is so much fun to watch Churi's trademark emoting and facial expressions, and Nao just oozes sexuality with her dancing. She also reminds me of former actress Shimizu Fumika (Mare, Hentai Kamen, Kamen Rider Fourze) Obata is cute, and constantly bouncing around with her beaming smile. I was warned that she would steal my heart at the theater. However, a couple of members (mentioned above) had other ideas. I should also note Souda for her endless enthusiasm and energy, as well as Mikottii's constant humor were always fun to watch. Heck, they all had great energy.

Eventually the main show ended, and it was time for the encore. BTW, it is cute how the KII fans start the encore with a play on Anna's catchphrase, the "ii desu ka? ii desu ii desu ii desu yo!" part. In fact, since it was "Premium Friday" we actually got a Double Encore". There were a couple of songs included that they don't usually sing. One was Dada Machine Gun, I forget what the other one was.

Anyway, the show finally ended, it was time for "High Wave", which ironically is what SKE used to do back in the old days, before they switched to High Touch. BTW, the fact that they do High Wave instead of High Touch doesn't bother me at all. We still get a second of face-time with all of the members. The fact that we aren't touching hands isn't a big deal. It isn't like handshake events don't exist, right? Anyway, as I was going through I got the expected reactions from Yuzuki and Kaotan. And finally Anna noticed me and gave me a huge reaction and "Sashiburi!" From there I went out the door, out the theater, into the station (getting my bag out of the locker) and back into the subway in less than five minutes. I eventually got home just before midnight, and before going to sleep I filled out the questionnaire sent to me from the Ticket Center asking me to review the show.

So happy to see a theater show again. It is still the amazing experience that it has always been, and it helped rekindle my enthusiasm for the 48 Groups...At least for SKE and Team KII it did.

15. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Just getting back to Nagoya from Igai ni Mango release handshake event. (Will rewrite once I have access to a proper keyboard.)

Notes: 1st handshake ever and meeting my oshimen for the first time. I don't really speak japanese beyond simple phrases so google translate is my friend.

A1 - Nao (3 tickets):
    Ho-lee shit. I had thought what to say in advance and managed to blurt it out and it seemed to work. (They probably don't hear every day that someone comes from Finland to meet them.)
    After which I had to summon most of my inner power to avoid melting into a pink blob of happiness.

A2 - Rara (3 tickets):
    This was much more of a discussion. Rara was quick to ask where I'm from and how long it takes to fly from there but I'm not entirely sure whether she fully understood when I mentioned the Zepp Nagoya event and her performing Suika Baby. All in all she was excited and fun.

Goods line: damn these people have enviable ability to wait in line. Getting to them goods took probably about 45 minutes but I got there before Nao's goods had sold out so that was a win too.

A3 - Nao (3 tickets):
    And unlike a lot of drugs, a second hit of Nao works as well as the first one. After furious google translating I was able to bring Okapaas unit into discussion and that seemed to resonate well. Once again afterwards I left with smile instead of my usual >:|.

This experience was over 1€/second, with flights and other costs several euros but I'm going to give it a solid "good investment, would do again."

16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    SKE48 21st Single "Igai ni Mango" Individual Handshake Event at Tokyo Big Sight (2017/07/29)

ske6.jpg

Ahh, so nice to be at an exclusive sister-group event again. As I mentioned to HKT48's Fuchigami Mai a couple of weeks ago, I prefer going to the Sister Group events over the 48-group events. Some may consider it odd since they don't offer oshimashi, or some of the other bonuses you get at 48-single events, but I like that they are a bit smaller, and a bit more low key. I also like that these events give me a chance to focus on one group (as opposed to 5 or 6) and see more members from that group, as opposed to when I go to the 48-group events I basically stick to my top two or three members in each group. Plus, I am more directly supporting the groups I like best (HKT, SKE)

Tokyo Big Sight

I cannot remember when the last time was that a 48-group did an event at Big Sight. Perhaps 2011? 2012? I'm not sure why they switched to Makuhari and Pacifico, when in the beginning (when they got too big to do handshake events at the theater) they were almost exclusively at Big Sight. I have heard a few different reasons. (The Halls are too small, The fans caused trouble) NOW I REMEMBER! the infamous "photo robbery" when one of the photo traders got lured into the men's room, beaten and robbed. I don;t know if that was the reason or not. It could be a price issue too. But no matter, it was just neat to be going to a 48-group event there again.

More 'name' issues

Ya know, management needs to get this Western name issue ironed out. I mean it is ridiculous. At one point some of the systems wouldn't take romaji, so we had to enter our names in katakana. That threw them off. Then, the systems started allowing romaji, but only in double byte characters, and in some situations, only in all-caps. the other thing that they can't get over is the whole "middle name" issue. "Why isn't this name on the ticket too?" Uhh, because that is my middle name, and your system only has two name fields. In the case of chara-ani it is impossible to put my middle name, I can't even fit my entire first name. I doubt Mumo would allow me to put first and middle either, which is over 20 letters. I just wish they would stop making us sweat it every time over our names. It is friggin annoying. At the end of the day, they signed off on it no problem.

Security

I was all ready for another round of heavy duty security after the issues with Nogizaka, and then the beefed up scrutiny at the following AKB handshake event. But to me surprise, they seem to be over that, as the security check seemed to be fairly low-key again. I mean they are still thoroughly checking our hands when we get into the lanes, and they DID have someone in each lane specifically there to watch what you did with your bag before you entered the booth, but it just felt like they mellowed out after being a bit over-zealous at the last event.

Anyway, I had twelve tickets for seven different members all the way from Slot One, through the end of the day Slot 5. Slot One didn't start until 11am, and I was done in the last slot around 7:30pm, so all in all it was an 8+ hour affair. Let's get to it....

Aoki Shiori (Lanes 12, 20) <two tickets> This was essentially a first time meeting. Shiori caught my eye when she tried to fish me at the Team KII theater show I saw three months ago. Not only did she try very hard to interact with me, but at the end of the show she aimed and threw the streamer directly at me and told me to grab on to it. Anyway, Shiori was wearing Sailor Fuku, and looked quite cute. She is maturing very nicely, considering I thought she looked a bit baby-ish when she was a kenkyuusei. When I first went to see her I reminded her of the interaction we had in April. I don't think she remembered it, but she seemed happy to hear the story just the same.

ske3.jpg

I actually had a second ticket for Shiori in the Lunch Slot. She welcomed me back, and I told her that Team KII was my favorite team, and that I want to see their stage again soon. It was then she noticed I was wearing some Kaotan gear, and immediately grabbed on to it. I wasn't totally sure what she meant by gesturing toward the Kaotan stuff. I mean I hope she didn't think I was oshi-ing her already. But I pointed out "Yeah, Team KII member. Best team!" In any case, she is quite cute, and I would see her again.

Hidaka Yuzuki (Lane 9) <two tickets> Despite the fact that she is my #3 SKE member, I mainly see Yuzuki at SKE events only. Well, except that I DID do a 2-shot with her at the last AKB Album event. But she is always super-genki, and a lot of fun to see. On my first visit, after the usual pleasantries, osashiburi's and whatnot, I asked what her t-shirt said. It was one of those 'engrish' type of shirts with a guys head in the middle. She didn't know, and asked me what it meant. (Which is funny, since her English is actually fairly good) But to be honest, it was written in such an odd, circular way, I had trouble reading it too.

ske4.jpg

When I returned, I reminded her that I had seen the KII Stage (A familiar theme since I was meeting a lot of Team KII girls today) And like with Shiori, I told her I really liked the show and wanted to see it again. In any case, it was nice to see Yuzuki again. She is one of those members that actually has a pretty solid following among SKE faithful, but is relatively unknown outside of those circles.

Souda Sarina (Lane 6) As expected, Souda tried to fish me really hard at that SKE theater show, and I wanted to pay her a visit to see if the spark would remain. Unfortunately, Souda developed a case of Pink Eye, and had to cancel out of the event since she was contagious. Yeah, that would be a problem considering it was a HANDSHAKE event. I'm not sure what will ultimately happen with this ticket, since SKE do not let you use a ticket like this on another member. Essentially you are stuck with waiting for management to post what the options will be. Perhaps they will allow me to use it at the November event? All I know is that I am not going to waste my time going through the hassle of arranging for a refund for only one ticket.

ske7.jpg

The silver lining was that this gave me a chance to line up in the HUGE goods queue, since there were at least a couple of things I kinda wanted. Ultimately it took 70 minutes to get through the queue, and I purchased a new Matsumura Kaori ticket holder, as well as some SKE Mango Soap (actually, they are sweets. Good thing I didn't wash my hands with them, LOL), which was relatively inexpensive. By the time I was done, the next segment had just started. I used my first ticket on Shiori (Which I talked about above) and my second on...

Obata Yuna (Lane 21) I had decided to pay Obata another visit, since she was so cute in the Stage I went to. This was the Lunch Slot (between Slots 2 and 3) and the line was really long. I had around 20 minutes until the lane closed, and was really thirsty, so I decided to leave the venue to get something to drink since there was no food or drinks at the event. When I came back, the line was still big, but I decided to brave it, and hopefully it wouldn't affect my Slot 3 tickets.

Yuna was dressed quite casually, with an orange T-shirt, which I got a good eyeful of when I was in line for Shiori. 30 minutes later, I finally made it to the front of the queue, and went through my usual Team KII spiel. Oh, and of course I also congratulated her for getting the center position. The nice thing was that she was a lot more friendly than the first time I met her a couple of years ago, so I was happy I got a ticket for her. But even more I was relieved that the next Slot had barely started, so I wasn't going to lose out on any tickets.

Matsumura Kaori (Lane 13) <three tickets> I was happy to have a few tickets for Kaotan this time, since I think she was disappointed that I only had one ticket at the 48-group event. Then again, she always asks her fans to invest more in the SKE CD events. Anyway, I wanted to come up with something good to say, but I was struggling finding something topical to talk with her about. But I was also going in tandem with my friend Derek, so at least I could introduce him. When I got to Kaotan, I noticed she had on these really cool earrings, so as she grabbed me into her cross-handed shake, I told her that her earrings were very nice, but Kaori was more interested that I was wearing the new Kaotan ticket holder. She grabbed it and immediately turned it around to see what tickets I had inside, which was awesome since right on top I had more tickets for her. But she wasn't done. She immediately looked at my address. "Oh yeah, you live in Itabashi. I know exactly where this is!" I said "Yes, near Wakoshi" (Her hometown) But I was really thinking "Does Kaotan wanna come over???" She is certainly welcome...

ske2.jpg

For my next ticket I told her that I was graduating and getting my college degree next weekend. She got worried though, and immediately asked if that meant that I was leaving Japan. But I told her no, and that I was going to a bigger college for another degree. "Where is that college?"she asked, and then laughed when I told her it was near Shinagawa. LOL. For my final ticket, I told her that Derek thought she was the best handshake experience ever, which made her very happy. She then grabbed my ticket holder again to see what other tickets I had. "Oh, you are going to see Marika?" She then asked how to pronounce my name. At first she asked if my last name was somehow Japanese. I think she got that from the pronunciation, because it could almost be Japanese. When I told her it was Hungarian, she looked confused, I then said Europe. She then asked what my first name was, since they do this really stupid thing on the ticket and split my first name onto two lines. "Your name is Chr?" CHRISTOPHER I responded, pointing to the continuation on the next line. I then said my complete first and last name, which she repeated.

By the way, if you are wondering why these single ticket exchanged seem much longer than 8-10 seconds, well, that is what makes Kaotan handshakes so awesome. They are as long as Kaotan wants them to be. In fact, that last handshake seemed like it was almost a minute long. Oh, and when Kaotan saw me in a neighboring lane later on, she waved to me...twice. So that was nice. She is so great. Again, I highly recommend to all of you who come to these events to get a ticket for her. She is a total Kami-experience, as Derek learned today.

Tani Marika (Lane 17) <two tickets> Unfortunately Derek waited too long to apply, and missed out on getting tickets for Marika since she sold out. I was fortunate enough to have two tickets for her. The first of which I used in Slot 4. Tani has been dressing very sexy lately, and looking quite beautiful I might add. She had also gotten her hair done recently, and had dyed it jet black. Personally, I LOVE jet back hair. I think it makes girls look really hip and hawt. I remember feeling the same thing about Wasamin when she dyed her hair black. In any case, that was the subject of our first meeting. Tani's super-cute hair. But sometimes I wonder if Tani thinks I am bullshitting her, because she kinda acts like I am sometimes. But I just kept pressing that I really liked her hair that way, and that she looked really good...

ske1.jpg
    Typical Marika, make yourself up to look beautiful, then pose for a picture looking like a slob, LOL

After the dinner break, I came back in for my last Tani ticket. I reiterated that I wasn't bullshitting her when I said that I really liked her hair. So then she puts me on the spot. "I am the prettiest one here?" Fishing for compliments, as usual. I was running out of stuff to say, so I also told her about my pending graduation, so she congratulated me. That was nice. Unfortunately I do not have any Marika tickets for the next AKB event in two weeks, so it may be a while until I see her again.

Oya Masana (Lane 14) I fortunately got this ticket right before she announced her graduation, all of her Tokyo slots pretty much selling out in the next round. Unfortunately I didn't get a November event ticket, and now I am kicking myself for it. As expected, Masanya's line was really big since lots of fans wanted to pay their final respects. So I saved it for my last ticket since I had no idea how long her queue would take. Ultimately it took around 40 minutes. In the meantime this was when Kaotan kept waving to me from the next lane. I wasn't quite sure what I would say to Masanya aside from congratualing her on graduation, but the handshake gods were on my side this time...

ske5.jpg
    Looks like someone is having yakiniku for dinner

So as I got to the front of the queue, the guard told me that Oya had to go to the handicap fan's lane. But Masanya didn't realize that so she is beckoning me to come over to do the handshake, and kinda confused why I was being blocked. When she realized what was going on she was like "Wait right there, don't go anywhere!" LOLZ. I few minutes later she returned, and was talking to me the entire time until they were ready to let me in. After congratulating her on graduation, she asked me if I was living in Japan now. When I said yes. She said "I know you don't come to my lane that often, but I always see you in Kaori's lane, so I had a thought that you might live here now." That was so nice. Ya know, I used to go see her all the time, and then stopped. And this is the first time I realized that she probably noticed, especially since she is often next to Kaotan and sees me all the time. So now I feel slightly bad that I kind of abandoned her. But the truth is that I found members I clicked with a bit better, and it isn't like Masanya is hurting for fans, she has always been relatively popular. But I am glad I got to have that little 'sincere' moment with her. Maybe I didn't tell her, but I ALWAYS liked her, always rooted for her, and always considered her one of my favorite SKE members. Anyway, I wished her the best in her future endeavors.

And that was it. It was pouring rain in Odaiba, so I decided to take the route home that would keep me under as much shelter as possible, only getting briefly drenched when I transferred from the Yurikamome Line to the Yurakucho Line at Toyosu. And by the time I got home the rain had lightened considerably. As for SKE, the only Igai no Mango individual event I have tickets for is the November Makuhari event, where SKE and HKT will be appearing next door to one another. And I only have four tickets (two each for Kaotan and Tani) But hopefully they will have some nice National events to go to.

17. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Did you by any chance wear a black AKB t-shirt at the event?

Also, I did not have issues regarding middle name at the venue. They just took a look at my passport and stamped away.

18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Yes, and if that was you that was 10 spots ahead of me in the goods queue, I apologize. I thought that might be you, but wasn't sure, and I don't just go saying hello to every kaigai fan I see, unless I'm sure I know who they are. Had I known it was you I would have said something. :p

19. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Well, you're not wrong there, I'd be the same. :D

Oh, a point I forgot earlier was that I had to check Instagram to see how Nao was dressed because her eyes locked me in so hard. ❤️

20. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    SKE48 21st single's Individual Handshake Event 08/05 at Intex Osaka

This is my first HS event and tbh I was nervous as hell. Actually I could not clear the schedule till the day of the sign-up deadline so it was a rush to arrange everything and wait for the tickets to arrive. SKE is my hako-oshi group so I signed up for more than I planned. I could only stay from slot A1 to slot A3 since there was a big firework event that day in Osaka as well and I did not wanna miss it either.

When I arrived it was about 20 mins prior to the 1st slot and only Jurina's queue and the goods queue (lol) looked long. Especially the goods queue. I decided to use all my slot 1 tickets first then see if I had time for the goods.

Slot A1

Takayanagi Akane x3

Churi is my ni-oshi and I have a lot of things to tell her. I also heard that her HS was really on-and-off but she was raising too many grad flags for me to care. Who knows when is SKE's next release and I don't want to buy AKB singles so I ended up buying more tickets for her than anyone else.

I pre-queued and was the 4th in line. Churi was in lane 6 and next to her were Nao, who looked really gorgeous, and Sally, whose line was starting to get quite long. While waiting I chatted a bit with the oji-san standing in front of me, he said he was gonna loop Churi's lane a few times, what I was planning too.

Even though I has everything planned out when it was my turn I freaked out and could not say things properly. Churi was wearing the kind of top people wear when performing yosakoi and imo she looks best in those traditional clothes, so I was instantly killed. When the staff started counting the time I was still unsure what to do so she held out her hand to beckon me close. Her hand was really soft so I sort of died for the 2nd time and could only stutter that last year's Zero Position concert and the recent concerts at Nagoya and Tokyo were really wonderful. Churi's fans probably know those are the 2 concerts she had a hand in producing. She could not hear the last part so she asked me again "Zepp Nagoya what ?", her voice sounding so much better in real life than in recording, and she has a really nice voice to begin with. When I repeated she smiled and said thank you and it was really cute.

The mentioned oji-san looped Churi's line and I did too. This time I used the remaining 2 tickets for more time, which is a bad decision. Her line was pretty short so it was instantly our turns. I did not fare much better this time and said things too fast. I told her I wanted to go to Churi camera's exhibition but it was too far (it was in Tokyo while I live in Kansai), and it would be nice to have events in Kansai as well. I think she could not quite catch it so she asked again to confirm then tell me to try to come next time. The part I asked her for events in Osaka was lost but overall Churi is so much cuter in real life so it kinda makes up. And her voice, she should try solo-singing some times !!!

Kimoto Kanon x1

Non-chan was totally an impulsive decision. I did not have much personal feelings for her but she was becoming good in performances as well as her looks, a much more mature style than before. It suits her better than the loli style imo. The new Non-chan really interests me so I want to meet her to find out why she does not rank in the last SSK.

Non's line was short, as in you didn't even have to queue. As I was rehearsing what to say there was a guy who constantly looped her line, each time using one or two tickets. When I was waiting behind that guy I could see that Non was wearing glasses and she looked so much cuter than in pictures. Her reactions with him were also really good.

Anw, the original plan was to comment on Non's newly acquired mature looks but in the end I decided to use a generic sentence to test her reactions. So I told her this was my first HS events and I was really nervous. She asked me where I came from and the way she said it in Japanese was really cute imo. I answered that I lived there (Osaka) but I was not a local. The time was up and she said goodbye and overall it was a nice experience so I honestly could not understand why she could not rank. On the other hand, now I can get why her HS sales are good. Non-chan has that laid-back and easy-going aura that makes for a good chat.

Goods

The queue was really long, I expected it before hand but it was longer than I thought. I actually typed the above part of this report when I was waiting in that queue. When it was near my turn Naruu and Oshirin came out and started chatting with the fans who were buying the goods. Both of them seemed to be having fun. Naruu kept laughing and Oshirin were wearing a yukata, looking much cuter than in pictures and videos.

Slot A2

Kumazaki Haruka x1

Kuma-chan clicks with me because she has that SKE-aura, the energetic girl-next-door type. So I was not prepared for the fact that she looked really beautiful. Her outfit was really nice too. I mean, when I saw her and Non-chan walked by while I was waiting in Churi's lane I thought they looked really good today but they both exceeded my expectation.

Kuma-chan in HS was more laid-back than in perf and MC. Which was a nice experience since I had always associated her with an overly-genki image. After the usual greeting I told her I really liked her energetic performance and I wanted to go to Team E stage someday. She thanked me then said something I could not quite catch because I was too busy processing her cuteness/beauty and her reactions lol.

Overall it was a nice experience, better than expected like with Non-chan. Kuma-chan's fans should go for her HS if you can because I like said, it is different from her stage self, giving a new perspective that makes you like her even more. Like a real girl-next-door.

Furuhata Nao x2

My hands were still shaking when I typed this when lining up for the special mango soap. Nao-chan is that good. She totally gave me a kami experience and I definitely recommend everyone to try her HS.

Actually I was not planning to get her tickets for this event but since I could not get Harutamu's last HS tickets I wanted to express my sadness over 5th gen members graduating to someone. So, voila, Nao is the obvious choice because Harutamu's grad has just promoted her to be my san-oshi lol.

From the experiences with Churi I decided to split my two tickets instead of going all at once as planned. When I stepped in I hold her hands like with other girls but Nao-chan did not only lean forward but also pulled both of my hands over the banner so that both our elbows rest on the table separating us. I swore my heart almost stopped when she did that. Then it went like this, minusing my stuttering.

Me: "I love 5th gen."
    Nao: "Thank you."
    Me: "But most everyone had graduated."
    Nao: "Bye bye, right."
    Me: "I'm sad."
    Nao: "It's sad."

Okay so conversation wise it was not much. I was usually much more fluent but HS with the girls made my brain short-circuit, not to mention with an expert fisher like Nao. Better short than long sentences but cannot get my points across. Anw, with Nao it was not only conversation but also eye-contact, hand-holding and everything. She also kept tapping my hands, she did that with other fans too and that really worked wonder.

The 2nd time was even better in many aspects. I waited until the time for the slot was almost up before going in again. Partly because my brain was still busy processing the 1st time. I thought she would not pull my hands close to her again because it seemed to be a first-time only thing and she did not do it with the boy in front of me. She did actually not pull my hands over the banner but did gave them a light tug.

Me: "Congrats on getting in (AKB) senbatsu."
    Nao: "Thank you."
    Me: "But, I want Nao-chan to become SKE's center."
    Nao: *touch the Jurina ticket holder I was wearing around my neck* "Is that okay ?"
    Me: "It's okay!"

The 2nd time I turned the side with Jurina's picture inside so she could only saw the tickets but she must have seen it from the 1st time or when I was fumbling with my bag and accidentally turned the picture outside. It showed how much she paid attention to the fans. And I really meant it because as much as I love Jurina, now it is high time someone with both experiences and rising trajectory like Nao-chan center SKE. She made a really great center from what I saw in concerts and she is also very serious about SKE.

So, Nao-chan is no doubt, the MVP of the day, and when I typed this I still had 2 more girls to go !!!

Noon slot

I have no ticket in this slot so I lined up for the special mango soap. It sold out before my turn so I wandered the trading corner and birthday message corner a bit. Kuma-chan and Non-chan both have birthday in the next week but I totally forgot to wish them happy birthday directly lol. Interestingly enough, the ones manning Nao-chan's section were two girls, and I also noticed there seemed to be a lot of girls going in Nao-chan's lane. But what can I say, I am a girl and I was instantly fished too.

On a side note, in SKE's HS there is a section where girls can try on member's performing costumes. It started in Kakumei no Oka's events and was successful so they brought it back. Even though I didn't go for it, it was a really nice idea.

In this slot I mostly wandered around and watched the lanes. Sakipon's committee shouted goodbye really loud, daisuki and all that when she ended the previous slot. Hatagon's lane was busy since she missed an earlier slot. I stood near Kocchan's fan committee to wait for her to end her slot then wave goodbye. They were a bunch of oji-san with full set panda accessories and even lightsticks lol. Another highlight was when Naruu and Chika-chan, whose lanes were next to each other, ended at the same time and they lingered together, laughing and waving at the fans who were apparently trying to make them stay a little more. All in all going around the hall and seeing the goodbye scenes was really fun. For example, when Mikotti finally turned around to enter backstage everyone got a glimpse of the low dip at the back of her shirt and the two onee-chan standing next to me were the ones that squealed the loudest lol.

Slot A3

Hidaka Yuzuki x1

Yuzuki is like Kuma-chan, I clicked with her because she was really SKE-ish, in her dancing and MC. I had plenty of time to watch her interact with fans because her lane were next to Nao's and Renapyon, who used the same lane but in previous slot, had a female fan who talked with her for so long it lapsed 10 mins into Yuzuki's slot, making quite a long line.

Yuzuki was one of those who follow the fans till they take their bag and walk away. She seemed a fun and reactive girl so I decided to use the classic "I came from _my country_" to test her reaction. As expected it was top-notch with the usual "Ureshii" and Yuzuki-esque face expressions. Tbh I just want her to know that even from such a country there was someone who supported her too. Even though things were not really smooth at least I could support her somewhat after her not ranking in SSK. We ended things with a "Yuzuki daisuki" and "I love you". Her English pronunciation seemed not bad at all.

On another note, the lane next to Yuzuki is Ego-chan's, who wore a yukata with twintails and looked every bit the adorable little sister everyone love. She also seemed to have really good reactions too.

Matsumura Kaori x2

I saved these for the last since I heard Kao-tan was really good and I wanted to end the day in a high note. I respect her as an idol much more than I like her. And same as Churi, I don't know when will she graduate so it's better to go meet her when I still can.

With the first ticket I thanked her for taking care of 6th gen. Then I told her I'd just met Kuma and Yuzuki and they were amazing. She said no like a stern senpai would lol. Then the staff said the time was up but she followed me to the exit and asked me if I was from Thai. (She saw my bracelets with my high school's name in English). I corrected her and got quite a similar reaction to Yuzuki's lol.

My 2nd Kaotan's ticket was also my last for the day so I told her that. I said I respected her because she always try her best and never give up. Then because there wad still time I told her "Kao-tan kawaii" to which she replied that I was lying lol. We said goodbye with her telling me that she would continue to try her best.

The staff did not try to pull me away both time because Kao-tan just blatantly ignored him and I ended up with much more times than 10 seconds. Like Yuzuki and Kuma-chan, she could take initiative in conversation instead of just replying, making the experience really good even for casual fans.

Also, next to Kao-tan's lane is Masana's and Sato Kaho's. The kenkyuusei seemed to have really good interactions with fans. Masana was quite aloof as expected and she only used one hand, a real handshake lol. Except for when a fan brought his son along. They had a box for him to stand on. We all know Masana loved children so it was no surprise that she followed the boy till the exit, ignoring the staff and the fans waiting for her. She kept waving even though the boy was a few metres away already and made Kao-tan come over when she saw the fuss. I could hear Masana exclaiming "kawaii" to Kao-tan too lol.

So all in all, this HS event is a success. There were some roughness but meeting the girls is enough to make me happy. Nao-chan was the MVP even though Kao-tan managed to come really close. Even though I didn't have tickets for Jurina (she sold out like hot cake in SKE events) it was a pity she missed the first 2 slots due to bad physical conditions. I read later on twitter that she had to be hospitalized but gladly things are fine now. I really looked forward to the next Osaka event since I have more tickets than this. It's been a long time since SKE last had a single so I'm glad that there seemed to be quite many fans coming this time.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1