1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Ichikawa Miori (Miorin) / AKB48 10th Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    What outfit is that from? But i do like the poster~

2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm late and you're probably going to roll your eyes at me for bringing this back up but I would like to add my two cents to this conversation about Miori's video, if you don't mind.

A lot of you have mentioned that jokes about sex and prostitution aren't a big deal and I agree with that! There have been published songs by the 48g that revolve around that topic (although UZA surprised me a bit there) so I really think it isn't a big deal. It's sad, however, that so many of you ignore the racist aspect of this.

Just because other people are being racist doesn't mean we have to condone racist comments made by an idol. Miori is 23, she should know that treating a minority as crap like that is not okay. If she messes up, people should tell her so she doesn't do it again. If we never step in when something discriminatory is being said, then it's never gonna stop and it's always gonna get worse. It's not gonna solve the root of the problem but it's doing something.

Seriously? Why should they not be allowed to be offended when someone literally makes a joke about them? Miori basically called every Filipino a prostitute, so if that person is Filipino, they have every right to be offended.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    :fp::fp::fp:
    Where did she even use the word prostitute???

• Like Like x 1
  4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 1
  5. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

^nice. Thanks for sharing! :flower:

And for that "bringing this back up" post. I'll just post my response in a spoiler. It will be easiler for the mods to delete our posts later. :cool:

LOL! Hello I'm back. Since we are bring up "my people", I will say "we" are smarter NOT to be offended from this comedic joke. If you really think "Miori basically called every Filipino a prostitute."? Thats really fucking stupid. IMHO! But hey, thanks for white knighting "my people". :awesome:

But hey let's forget all this "prostitute" discussion and have some laughs!

if the video does not show watch the video here
    One of my favorite comedians, Uncle Frank DeLima. He's not Filipino but he just called ALL Filipinos Dog Eaters in that video. But we still love him. Because he so phunnie! :D

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I like the symbolism. Last year, she was 81st and didn't rank, on the outside looking in, locked out of the ranked members. This year she wants revenge for what happened last year. I hope she gets her revival and "revenge"!

7. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    oh nice catch~ I didn't really notice that, but I like that way of thinking

8. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

It's clever... I like it too. :inlove:

9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm sorry you felt that way. There were Filipinos on this forum/thread that did feel offended, though. I'm glad you're able to laugh about things like these but not everyone does. I'm not gonna add anymore to this discussion now but thanks for your time to read it

10. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

"Bringing this back up again"... more derail, more spoilers... :awesome:
    Sorry? For what? Having an opinion? Thanks, I guess... [hehe]

So... One "filipino" claimed to be "offended" And one "filipino" was not. I don't see any others "Filipinos" in this thread.

I would like to see the other claimed "Filipinos" that were "offended"... But if willing to prove more of "my people" were "offended", I'm willing to listen...

11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm not going to because those people would prefer not to be mentioned. If you don't believe me then that's your problem.

I promise, that really was the last post by me on this issue. Good evening

12. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

13. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    As a Filipino myself, I personally didn't like what Miorin did. Though making fun of people isn't really nice in the first place, it's even worse if you generalize a whole race as "prostitutes".

Now I saw something that went under the lines of "When did she say that all Filipinos were Prostitutes?"
    So she implied she was doing an impersonation of a Filipino girl at the last part of the video by saying "Is 5000 yen ok for 30 minutes?"

Hey, not all Filipino girls do that lol. So I think she shouldn't have generalized all Filipinos in the first place haha;;
    Anyways, I hope people understand my point <3

Edit: Sorry for bringing it up back haha; I know that it's over but I can't help it;;

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Jeez folks. When @Cristafari said the debate was over, you all should of let the dead horse alone.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Thank you @hjr1891 for backing me up on this. And just to be clear, I am not forbidding anyone from approaching the subject matter. However, I am not going to tolerate the back and forth bickering. I have already suspended two people from this thread for it. Don't make me suspend more.

Bottom line, people should be free to express how they feel about the situation without being belittled about it. So if someone feels offended by what they saw, that was their experience. If others feel that it didn't bother them, that's their experience too.

I am not Filipino, so far be it for me to tell people how they are supposed to react to this situation. However, if I am being completely honest I do agree with those who feel that we are turning into a society where everybody gets offended by the most mundane things. And if people spent a little less time being "offended" and "outraged" on social media we would all be a lot better off.

I am not calling this situation mundane, I honestly don't know the reference. And it wouldn't be the first time a Japanese performer ignorantly said or did something with racist overtones (i.e. blackface, admiring Hitler, etc.) I'm just saying we should all be a little more respectful.

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Miorin's 2017 SSK Appeal Video

17. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Freeeeeeeeeeedom :banana:

This twitter user made a SSK 2017 opv for Lemonz, too bad it got deleted in youtube. But it's pretty epic.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/862289959473922049

=====================

New video on her channel

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  18. qpet

qpet Future Girls

I hope she will rank high this year. Like 2011ish high:^^;: I really like her videos on YT, and the short hair really suits her <3

Is she in that black vacuum thing?:XD: (looks very skinny, so I guess)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Like this she can stay fresh :approve:

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    You mean well-preserved XD

20. qpet

qpet Future Girls