1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Ma Chia-Ling (Macharin) / Taiwan Audition

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Kierukiel, Dec 19, 2015.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I'm also starting to like her a lot. Whenever I'm looking through the 48G channels on Showroom and I find she's online I just have to stop and watch her. I'm looking forward to seeing her on AKBingo a little later today.

2. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

I'm so glad, she made it to AKBingo. It was about time, she's so sweet :cute:

3. nyahappii

nyahappii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    mikeyspacejdot
    So what is the gag that she's saying, exactly?

4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Short summary.

It's an expression during the Showa bubble period (which was once a fad among young people) meaning "Surprised" "No way" etc and it's use was revived by the comedian Hirano Nora in her stand up comedy 2016. It's funny cuz no one uses it anymore.

https://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/jn/31715/meaning/m0u/

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Well, I'm here because of this! It's too much cute! :inlove:

6. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    i'm starting to wonder if Chinese voters will get her ranked this year.

7. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Not Chinese but Japanese locals LOL

8. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    S.....Se...See.....SEE THOSE EYES !!?? OMG ..... my moe senses are firing up !!! :cute:

9. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

photo with Meru and Erii

[​IMG]

10. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Woah...Meru :shocku:

11. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
  12. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

13. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    She is so adorable and funny! I will definitely pay more attention to her from now on!

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Chia-Ling's 2017 SSK Appeal Video

15. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Taking a look at last year's appeal comment makes me realize that she has improved a lot.

Also, do you think we should ask the moderators to change the name of the thread to Ma Chialing\Chia-Ling? Since it's what they use. I haven't seen anyone actually use Jialing in the last year or so.

And, her appeal video is subbed!

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I am not sure who "they" are. The issue is whether you want to use Pinyin or Wade-Giles for your Romanization. In Pinyin, has initial sound j. In Wade-Giles it is represented by ch (the sound is an unaspirated affricative alveolo-palatal).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wade–Giles

The wiki uses ch and so does the official website. However, I am not sure this is the place to make requests of the moderators relative to S48. Personally, I like using Pinyin so that the spelling matches between AKB and SNH (and their sister groups). However, given the split, perhaps using a uniform Romanization is not that important.

17. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    They refers to management and Macharin herself, or so it seems. Her nickname in Japanese, まちゃりん, definitely uses "cha" and not "ja".
    As for asking the moderators, it's been done in the past. It's not much of a bother, but since the OP of the thread is still active, we can ask them.
    Personally I prefer to keep things consistent between the wiki and forum, but that's my own personal preference.

18. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i think wiki use Ma Chia-Ling so i suggest to change the name of this thread to match it.

here is a photo from handshake event and the sign said "Chia Ling Ma"

[​IMG]

19. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Sorry for suddenly writing, I just wanted to drop here my opinion because I had a similar problem with one of my oshimens (Homma Hinata) about how her name should be written at the thread name and at the wiki. Independent of the rules of romanization (I know nothing about chinese romanization and even now I don't know if it's Beijing or Peking), I think it's always good to follow the official site (http://www.akb48.co.jp/about/members/detail.php?mid=290), it's how we're going to see all her merchandising and other stuffs.
    Thanks.

AK-010-1608-23630_p01_500.jpg AK-010-1610-25330_p01_500.jpg AK-010-1702-32591_p01_500.jpg AK-012-1702-32275_p01_500.jpg AK-015-1607-23209_p01_500.jpg AK-015-1702-32207_p01_500.jpg AK-015-1703-32867_p01_500.jpg AK-017-1612-26275_p01_500.jpg AK-024-1609-24920_p01_500.jpg

20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Remember, this is about spelling, not pronunciation. じゃ and ちゃ are different sounds in Japanese, but in Chinese, 家 and 嘉 are pronounced the same (for the most part) whether you live in Taiwan or on the Mainland and whether you are using Pinyin (j) or Wade-Giles (ch) for your Romanization.

In this case, you are looking at a form of "Japanezation," representing Chinese sounds in Japanese. The fun one of course is that Chinese knows the difference between la and ra, li and ri and Japanese doesn't. For example, names like 麻里子 use Mariko when the middle character in Chinese is li, not ri. In this case the name is Japanese and uses Kanji so it is pronounced the Japanese way, but 馬嘉伶 are not Kanji, but Chinese characters, and should be pronounced as close as you can get to Chinese, however you choose to spell it in your language.

If you put 馬嘉伶 into a Chinese English dictionary that uses Pinyin for the Romanization, you get Majialing.
    https://www.mdbg.net/chinese/dictionary?page=worddict&wdrst=1&wdqb=馬嘉伶

But, yea, why not change it to match the wiki and management.

P.S. I thought Katakana was used for writing foreign names in Japanese, so why is her name not given in Katakana?

Last edited: May 22, 2017