1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Itano Tomomi (Tomochin) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by issa, Jun 7, 2007.

1. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^ Thanks Cristafari for detailed report.
    It was entertaining to read about your schedule management attempt.

I'm actually surprised that it was only 1 session. I went for her last year single release event in Osaka then she had 2 sessions although it was Sunday. I had actually similar schedule challenge since both Tomochin and my last remaining fav idol group °C-ute had release events on the same day, but with 2 time-slots available it was a lot easier to manage.

It looks like I will not get my Tomochin live fix this year. I will travel to Japan next month for °C-ute graduation concert at Saitama Super Arena, but sadly there are no Tomochin lives scheduled for mid June.

2. JTanaka

JTanaka Kenkyuusei

Did we get sales yet?
    I know it debuted at 9, but I couldn't see first day sales under it for some reason, idk how the oricon charts work nowadays lol

3. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I'm pretty sure Oricon is publishing their weekly rankings on Tuesdays.

4. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Tomochin 9th single(#line) 1st week sales was 7,045 which ranked 11th place on Oricon weekly chart

5. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Considering theres only two songs I don't think that's a bad result! Not ideal, but could be worse.

I do hope we get another single or two this year, since there are only two songs though.

I'm only opening my CDs now ;;

6. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^ I see CDs (in plural). I wonder how many of us bought multiple copies? So real customer base is actually lower that that 7-8k Oricon sales figure. However for truth sake we need to take into account last year Oricon chart counting rule. I'm sure with multiple sales events those rule changes made some impact.

My copies arrived today too. Pic attached. Those are back sides since I'm sure you have seen cover sides enough.

Attached Files:

• DSC.jpg
      DSC.jpg
      File size:
      445.9 KB
      Views:
  7. JTanaka

JTanaka Kenkyuusei

Oh yeah definitely, it wouldn't surprise my if the true number was like 4-5k

Myself I bought all 8 editions, but then we need to remember if you buy from CDJapan it doesnt' count to her oricon number so I bought all 8 editions from kingeshop
    For HIDE&SEEK I bought all 3 editions, and then 2 sets of 5 of the kingeshop ones, so I bought 13 copies of that single lol

8. don

don Kenkyuusei

I'm running up against a big tide here.... but I always considered Tomo to have one of the worst singing voices I've ever heard but this new single is actually quite listenable, either her singing is improving greatly with time or some good studio magic.

9. JTanaka

JTanaka Kenkyuusei

^

If you think that i'll pray for your terrible hearing tbh
    Tomochin has always been the solo song queen

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Well, actually....

Obviously with the style Tomochin performs they add a lot of tricks and effects on her voice for the recorded songs. However, I can tell you for sure that she was singing live at the release event. How do I know? Well, I could hear the mistakes she was making. That isn't to take away from Tomochin. So far she is one of the busiest solo performers to come out of AKB, and she has enjoyed success. Would I call her a great "technical singer"? Well, no. And I think "most" of her fans would probably agree with that. On the other hand, I personally don't think of her as horrible, or "the worst" either. And, while she may have made mistakes on the new song, she actually performed the other two songs quite well. So there's that.

11. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

I love Tomochin but girl is no singer yet boy does she try. Also I really like how she's going to a more girlish style. Tomochin getting crunk in the club was getting boring.

Now can we just get a 2017 ver of this please?

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. JTanaka

JTanaka Kenkyuusei

13. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Oh boy. I thought she doesn't like bikini PB business...

[​IMG]

14. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Well that's not a bikini <3

15. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

No, that's a heartbreak... :cute:

16. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
  17. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
  18. JTanaka

JTanaka Kenkyuusei

I'm internally praying she keeps up momentum and announces another new single soon

19. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
  20. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Welp, guess I'm buying the pb ;;; Still gonna hold out for another single this year, but I'm not hugely hopeful. I don't mind her current style, but I'll always have a soft spot for club Tomo ;p