1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Tomonaga Mio (Mio) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
    Such a big dissapointment :'(

2. Erythrocytes

Erythrocytes Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komadahiroka
    Wow... I'm actually at a lost of words.
    I actually expected mio to rank at undergirls at least

3. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
    I still didnt 100% believe,
    at This year Senkyo Mio on Rank 35 with 25,733 votes lost 5581 vote compared with last year

Where's that bunch of votes goes ? :'(

4. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Really sad for Mio... idk what happened.

5. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
    Based on most of member who didnt participated this year and also lot of chance to take the bell, why Not running as expected, Honestly saw Mio blamming herself with her rank like what we saw at the speech its so heartbrakin :(
    DCiHCJhUwAAYyUI.jpg

6. Slimestack

Slimestack Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I was expecting her to miss out on senbatsu, but I never thought she wouldn't even make it to undergirls.
    As for the reasons, the 48 groups as a whole are in decline and Mio isn't really being pushed in HKT anymore. I'd say that rather than new girls bringing new fans into the groups it's just older fans changing their favourites and upgrading to the newest models. Long term fans are leaving, not many are coming in to replace them and those that do are obviously going to gravitate to the more pushed members.

7. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

I haven't the slightest clue what happened. So sad for her. They should have gotten her a part in Tofu Wrestling. She needs that type of visibility to up the ranks.

Seeing all the new faces and how quickly they made new fans, the window for gaining new fans for Mio is closing. If she can't get something going by next year and she is still aiming for Senbatsu, then she mind as will quit , or accept that she has peaked and be happy just as a 48G Idol even though its down hill from here.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  8. Erythrocytes

Erythrocytes Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komadahiroka
    To be honest, I felt that there are actually more things she could try to do - like getting better in singing or mc-ing.
    Or maybe she might be dropped for the next HKT senbatsu just so she can make a comeback

9. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    she's still the 6th highest ranked HKT member so she's not being dropped from senbatsu

10. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
    Her goal for being senbatsu is because she want to perform together with Sasshi and Sakura in on Stage,

I think from know she have to admit always There's way to survive other than just being elected at senkyo, i hope There's a many way to gaining more confident after this unpredictable results ~

11. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Ugh the moment where she expressed that she wanted to be in AKB senbatsu to perform with Sasshi was so sad. Hopefully this will be a Dasu/Haruppi moment for her and her fans carry her over.

I do think that her drop coincides with the lack of activities that HKT members have had compared to the peak years of 2014 and 2015, when they still had that new girl group feeling.

12. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
    Just wonder what's Will happen at HKT48 10th single, if she Ended with worse and again worse Position , and it Will be the worst year ever for her

Next Girls Group Photo~
    There's no smile even a bit there, same with like last year group photo ...
    2017_AKB48_49th_Single_Senbatsu_Sousenkyo_-_Next_Girls.jpg

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  13. Slimestack

Slimestack Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I think Dasu and Haruppi's situations are pretty different from Mio's. Dasu had already made senbatsu and her fans got complacent and thought she'd be sure to make it. Haruppi increased her votes and position by a good amount but just failed to make the last few hundred votes needed.
    Whereas Mio has missed her goal two years in a row and dropped quite a fair bit in votes and position since last year.

I don't feel like HKT have really been making any waves lately and are on the decline in general. Even Sakura seems to have peaked in regards to the SSK, and I have a bad feeling that Haruppi's votes would have dropped this year too.

14. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    It was very brutal.

I wasn't surprised, but worried at how impactful a drop would be for her, since i know she's the competitive type despite being quiet and calm at the same time. It's fairly simple to explain : HKT is stagnating as a whole group and not only that, momemtum inside it is given to new blood like matsuoka hana or help strengten Nakomiku and 4th gen. Unfortunately Mio (and Meru) are being out of HKT management scheme, like Haruppi when Meru took the center position in 2013.

The problem is, at the moment there's no direct way to fix the current situation, and Mio need to count only on her own ability to save her popularity. It means improving Showroom, trying to voice up in MC, appealing more in handshake... the basics. This year was though, but it's at our lowest point that we are open to the greatest change. Honestly, i'm not sure Mio how is supposed to find new leverage to grow, but i wish she has the courage to stand up after this big blow. She will always have my support.

On a side note, i was quite surprised and disappointed that Fuchigami my didn't help Mio climb the stairs when she was next to her. Or probably a bad angle from the camera. I thought both of them were close.

15. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
    Mio 1st Showroom after devastatting senkyo result ~

if the video does not show watch the video here

after all her smile come back is make me relieve :)

16. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Mio is actually awesome on handshake events. Shes been always rated high on handshake charts. The drop in votes is really mostly because drop of interest in HKT these days. What she can do is get more outside jobs, but that also doesnt depend on herself fully. I hope she doesnt get shafted within HKT and keeps a prominent position.

17. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
    DDLBvnnVwAAfysv.jpg

Mio-chan selected as Senbatsu Member for HKT48 10th single :)

Congralutation, at Least it will be good news for her after the Senkyo ><

18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Mio's Showroom (17-07-02)

if the video does not show watch the video here

19. Tomodragon

Tomodragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimizu Rio
    Twitter:
    Gungaazza
  20. fatrain